Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thepantydropper:
A girl I grew up with works as a script writer. Supposedly, Mando will be shown as gay next season.
View Quote

aint no fucking way
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By macaho45:
I've been watching Rebels for the first time.  I just finished the season 2 finales with the Vader/Ashoka/Maul/Ezra/Inquisitor/Kanan face off at the Sith temple.  That was some of the best Star Wars content I've ever seen.
View Quote

Rebels definitely starts off as “space Aladdin”, but it gets really good, with some of the episodes being downright phenomenal. Just wait till you get to the last season. It’s fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

https://media.tenor.com/BHIkyCkpiZgAAAAC/welcome-to-the-party-pal-welcome-to-the-party.gif

Rebels definitely starts off as “space Aladdin”, but it gets really good, with some of the episodes being downright phenomenal. Just wait till you get to the last season. It’s fantastic.
View Quote

I'm looking forward to it.  It'll be the last Star Wars show for me to finish/be current with.  The show seems a bit more focused than Clone Wars, after that first season, which I enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

aint no fucking way
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
Originally Posted By thepantydropper:
A girl I grew up with works as a script writer. Supposedly, Mando will be shown as gay next season.

aint no fucking way

Sadly, for Disney it doesn’t seem far fetched at all.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW! I did know vewer turn outs been bad on mando 3 but god damn!

hate for them to cancel it..
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:49:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#6]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14562/AA19q6Mt-2769789.png

View Quote

Starting to wonder - when you consider all that’s going on in the world - if people are just kind of done with overly fantastical stuff. Marvel and DC movies are feeling it - Ant Man 3 was fun as hell but tanked. Marvel is firing up the hype machine early for GOTG3 and Secret Invasion because of it, and is backing off movies.

DC still can’t find it’s ass with a handful of fish hooks. I was more cautiously excited for Blue Beetle before the trailer came out today. It’s the same old template for non-Batman (and occasionally Superman) DC trash.

Star Wars may be suffering from the same thing. Fatigue.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Starting to wonder - when you consider all that’s going on in the world - if people are just kind of done with overly fantastical stuff. Marvel and DC movies are feeling it - Ant Man 3 was fun as hell but tanked. Marvel is firing up the hype machine early for GOTG3 and Secret Invasion because of it, and is backing off movies.

DC still can’t find it’s ass with a handful of fish hooks. I was more cautiously excited for Blue Beetle before the trailer came out today. It’s the same old template for non-Batman (and occasionally Superman) DC trash.

View All Quotes

Or consistently putting out trash may have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 11:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#8]

View Quote

That chart is fucked.

Mando S2 had 8 episodes. Mando S3 has 8 but I've read only the first 2 were in that graph.  It's total minutes watched so shows with more episodes should score higher.  Converting it to minutes watched per episode:

minutes watched/episode
Mando S1     0.688
Mando S2     1.025
BoBF            0.600
Kenobi          0.683
Andor           0.342
Mando S3     0.375

So better than Andor and about half of what S1 did.  Should keep in mind there are probably many waiting to binge the the whole season.  Also S1 and S2 includes all the rewatch minutes.

Edit: formatting
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:57:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By codefied:

Ezra takes Luke to the world between the worlds where they see that

1. The Sith have cloned Palpatine.
2. Ben Solo will become powerful enough to be capable of taking him down and destroying him.
3. Ahsoka has formed a team with the Mandalorians to kill Ben.

Unfortunately, Ezra and Luke can't see a complete picture. They have no idea why Ahsoka is trying to kill the kid. They could intervene. But all they can see in vision is

1. Save Ben, and Luke ends up drinking walrus juice, bitter and cynical, his Jedi school gone, as the First Order rises.
2. Let Ben die, and the First Order still rises, but the small Jedi school continues, the Mandalorians unite, and Baby Yoda comes along nicely as a dual Mandalorian leader / Force guy.

Cue a pregnant pause, dramatic music, closeups on Luke's anguished face, then he takes another look at the walrus juice scene, says, "yeah, screw that," and chucks his lightsaber through the portal and impales Ben himself.

Old 7, 8, and 9 move to "Legends"

New 7, directed by Favreau and Filoni, premieres in 2027.
View Quote

Get this man a beer, a chair, a contract and a pen.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 10:15:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#11]
BF and OWK series really fucked things up. Andor redeemed the SW franchise but to a small audience that remained. a large chunk got "jaded" by those 2 meh series
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I forgot to mention, but safe to assume Gorian Shard's first mate, or whatever, was a pretty much direct copy of Smee in ugnaught form?

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Stonia:
I forgot to mention, but safe to assume Gorian Shard's first mate, or whatever, was a pretty much direct copy of Smee in ugnaught form?

https://64.media.tumblr.com/9489880d58ab02b59f1238132a155958/tumblr_n88zdzqy7u1rwfctbo1_640.gifv
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Well it’s hot garbage so there is that.

Andor was the best of the shows by far.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

That's a good one. Back when the universe wasn't fleshed out at all. The author could pretty much do whatever he wanted. I think that's the one where the aliens used humans as fuel sources for their ships?

I think the only rule was he wasn't allowed to kill a main film character.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
I ordered the 90s Thrawn books to read.  Haven't read any EU stuff.

Well that sounds legit.

I loved those books! I read them when I was 13-14. Then I read "Truce at Bakura".

That's a good one. Back when the universe wasn't fleshed out at all. The author could pretty much do whatever he wanted. I think that's the one where the aliens used humans as fuel sources for their ships?

I think the only rule was he wasn't allowed to kill a main film character.
The Ssi-Ruu used the life-energy of sentient creatures to power their tech. Force sensitive was like premium fuel.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:11:51 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Not really worried about that. They Disney has a subscriber problem. The earlier shows they hadn't pissed so much of their viewers off to cancel yet. Now they are seeing the results of less subscriptions.

They probably thought fans would come back once the shows started. Fans found other...sources to stream from which aren't Nielsen tracked I would guess. Skewers the ratings results.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I am guessing #1.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By user4574:

I am guessing #1.
View Quote
Yup. That's what I think.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I am guessing #1.

My hope as well!  
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#22]

I am guessing #1.
View Quote

That's my guess as well.  With the doctor stating that the goggles were all that he could recover means that there was no body. No body = not dead.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Not really worried about that. They Disney has a subscriber problem. The earlier shows they hadn't pissed so much of their viewers off to cancel yet. Now they are seeing the results of less subscriptions.

They probably thought fans would come back once the shows started. Fans found other...sources to stream from which aren't Nielsen tracked I would guess. Skewers the ratings results.
View All Quotes

I hear 3rd party streams are very popular in Minecraft.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Alive and injured, but being nursed back to health by a diminutive primitive species of furry bipeds native to the planet's jungles.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Disney+ currently has over twice the amount of subs they did Q4 2020

Granted a lot of those using alternate sources are pissed off from Gina being fired.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:53:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#26]
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#28]
If there is some big show down with Gideon at the end of the season I will be really miffed if Carson Teva and the Adelphi Rangers don't show up.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 1:05:04 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/5/2023 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Welp, did not see that coming.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 3:58:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#31]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 4:16:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 5:42:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

Alive and injured, but being nursed back to health by a diminutive primitive species of furry bipeds native to the planet's jungles.
View All Quotes
Click To View Spoiler

Oh,  don't you put that evil on us,  Ricky Bobby.

I was afraid they'd use this to have him swoop in just in the nick of time when only a deus ex machina could save us, but combining that with ewoks is... actually almost exactly what I'd expect from the Rat.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 5:52:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Forgot to add.. Christopher Lloyd appearance!
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Forgot to add.. Christopher Lloyd appearance!
View Quote

I thought he was dead.
I didn't recognize him until the credits.

Not sure about this episode.  It was goofy and I was a bit bored throughout.  The droid bar was a good.  Strong Asimov feel to this.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#36]
She’s back
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
It happened on Eriadu, Tarkin's homework. There isn't a native species. Tarkin's family founded the place and wiped away through a genocidal war of extermination, any native sentient species.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#38]
I can always tell when Bryce directs... Girl power.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#39]
They should have made Lizzo a Hutt

Anyway, kinda annoyed with how the Darksaber changed hands. The cyborg that disarmed Din didn't even use it nor carry it, just threw it on the ground when Din was incapacitated.

Does that mean if the leader puts the Darksaber on a nightstand when sleeping, someone can simply grab it and become the leader? Kinda lame.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
They should have made Lizzo a Hutt

Anyway, kinda annoyed with how the Darksaber changed hands. The cyborg that disarmed Din didn't even use it nor carry it, just threw it on the ground when Din was incapacitated.

Does that mean if the leader puts the Darksaber on a nightstand when sleeping, someone can simply grab it and become the leader? Kinda lame.
View Quote

No, but he did defeat Din.

I figured this would happen.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#41]
That was a surprisingly sophisticated episode.

Jack Black: always distracting, no matter how much fake beard you put on him. His wife was annoying as well.

"If you do this for us, we'll offer you recognition as independent:" a disturbingly accurate portrayal of how third world countries operate.

I liked seeing Bo get the saber back, but I wish it had been done more dramatically.

The droids were good.

They mentioned direct democracy a few times, but we didn't really see any of its consequences other than a mention of the vote to keep the droids in service in spite of the malfunctions.

8/10 episode. Hopefully they close out the season strong.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:13:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JAD762] [#42]
That was a surprisingly sophisticated episode.

Jack Black: always distracting, no matter how much fake beard you put on him. His wife was annoying as well.

"If you do this for us, we'll offer you recognition as independent:" a disturbingly accurate portrayal of how third world countries operate.

I liked seeing Bo get the saber back, but I wish it had been done more dramatically.

The droids were good.

They mentioned direct democracy a few times, but we didn't really see any of its consequences other than a mention of the vote to keep the droids in service in spite of the malfunctions.

8/10 episode. Hopefully they close out the season strong.
View Quote

There’s a huge rabbit hole one could go down with the political/social status of the planet.

I found it very interesting.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuck lizzo.  87% of actresses would have been better.  

The dark saber exchange was done acceptably for me.  Din will end up with it back at some point.  Bo will get defeated by some big baddie and Din will defeat the baddie.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:58:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#44]
If the Dark Saber is, ahem... sentient - it may not like the transfer.  If it's Force favored\influenced then Bo's rule very well might fail again.

It's out of character for Din to offer or give it away so easily, also.  He did in initially but that was before learning of it's history.  Now knowing he should value it a lot more.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Holy guest stars, Batman.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:06:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LatentUser] [#46]
I thought it was a good Episode.

If the Dark Saber is, ahem... sentient - it may not like the transfer.  If it's Force favored\influenced then Bo's rule very well might fail again.

It's out of character for Din to offer or give it away so easily, also.  He did in initially but that was before learning of it's history.  Now knowing he should value it a lot more.
View Quote

He also knew that she did technically win the blade back.   The first time, it was a magnanimous offer, the second was using that creed-based logic.    I assume, if the blade is sentient, maybe it was waiting for Bo to actually follow the path.  She did voluntarily bath in the living waters instead of being told to by her Royal parents, and saving a fellow Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#47]
damn.

i just finished the TCW S5 EP16.

Darth Maul+Savage vs Palpatine. epic epic epic duel. best duel so far.

Vizla vs Darth was a great fight as well.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Someone copied “I Robot.”
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#49]
So now Christopher Lloyd joins the ranks of Star Wars and Star Trek crossover actors. Very cool.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

Then Bo killed mecha-shelob.

She Mandalor now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Originally Posted By MiG-21:
Originally Posted By Jayne_Cobb:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Does being held in a rotisserie basket and bled dry count as being defeated?
Click To View Spoiler

Dark Saber belongs to skeletor bug critter

Then Bo killed mecha-shelob.

She Mandalor now.

^ You win.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top