BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Darksaber Questions:

1. Do we know specifically how Moff Gideon got it from Bo-Katan?

2. Din Djarin was defeated by the mech creature and Din Djarin lost the Darksaber to it (technically it was lying on the ground)  Then Bo-Katan defeated the mech creature.  Wouldn't that mean it was her's now?  Or does it not count because the mech creature never "took possession"?
View Quote

WTF? I didn't expect them to actually do something that lame.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Execute page 66
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
Execute page 66
View Quote

Anyhoo, I saw Jack Black and Chris Loyyld.  Am I the only one who didn't know who lizzo is?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

Anyhoo, I saw Jack Black and Chris Loyyld.  Am I the only one who didn't know who lizzo is?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Execute page 66

I don't know who she is
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

I still don’t know, or care, who that morbidly obese woman is.

She’s a shitty actress though.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#6]
It was an OK episode, but the dark saber thing made my eyes roll.

So let me get this straight...

Dumbledore...I mean Din.... was disarmed by the Malfoy...errr...I mean mecha-Shelob...
Malfoy...I mean mecha-Shelob... damn it.... was defeated by Harry Potter...errrr....Bo Katan
So the Elder Wand...shit...I meant Dark Saber...belongs to .....

You guys get the idea

I loved the first 2 seasons, but this one seems like the writers are just ripping stuff directly out of other movies and phoning it in.

Here's hoping the last 2 episodes do something original to expand the lore.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Execute page 66

I saw the Babylon Bee post today about Disney destroying Star Wars once and for all with Jack Black and Lizzo and thought it was their typical joke
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Aviator_1:

I loved the first 2 seasons, but this one seems like the writers are just ripping stuff directly out of other movies and phoning it in.

Here's hoping the last 2 episodes do something original to expand the lore.
View Quote

And, considering this could be the last season, hopefully don’t end on a cliffhanger.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#9]

And, considering this could be the last season, hopefully don’t end on a cliffhanger.
View Quote

Anything is possible, but I think it’s highly unlikely this is the last season.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:59:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
That had to be the worst Mando episode of the entire SERIES
View Quote

I can't believe that I'm reading a bunch of these posts praising or making excuses for this abomination of a season.  Kathleen Kennedy is clearly fully in control here and this season's "girl power" theme emasculating Din Djarin on his own show is likely to end with Dylan Mulvaney as the new hero in the finale and half of you will cheer it on.  Then you wonder why society is where it is and why our rights are always at risk.  How we have fallen.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:19:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ICU:

General Grievous...?
View Quote
Yes, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:44:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#12]
The male Moncalla at the beginning of the episode was played by Tom Holland’s brother. Tom Holland is the current Spider-Man if you’re unfamiliar with the name.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#13]
There are only 3 episodes left in the season (and possibly the series too) and THAT is what they waste an episode on?  Another retarded side quest that is totally irrelevant to the main story?

https://media.tenor.com/-MyYyxTmX-AAAAAC/gary-oldman-i-havent-got-time-for-this-mickey-mouse-bull-shit.gif
View Quote
I enjoyed the episode. Fun and entertaining. It was nice seeing "Doc Brown" play a separatist. Disney's plan is to interconnect a bunch of shows. This season is setting up things we'll see I. The upcoming Ashoka show.

Thrawn is the big bad guy. That's what this is all leading up to.

Again, I'm entertained and my wife, who never was into Star Wars. Enjoys the series.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:22:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: klinc] [#14]

View Quote

Had no idea until I read it here.

I mean I know of but didn't know that was her.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Yes, thanks!
View All Quotes

General Grievous...?
Yes, thanks!

He wasn’t a droid and certainly wasn’t a Jedi.
He was a human with cybernetic enhancements. He was trained by Count Dooku in lightsaber combat but was not a Force user.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Kinda weak episode…  side quest after side quest.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By fredegar:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fredegar:

If you look at it objectively, it’s definitely not “highly unlikely.”

Earlier seasons were costing a reported $15M per episode.  S3 is undoubtedly costing even more.  Some estimates put it over $20M an episode.  For reference: GoT S8’s 6 episodes were $15M each and it was the most expensive show in the history of TV.  Now, it’d be one thing if Mando was bringing in the viewers.  However, not only are the ratings not good.  They dropping off a fuckin’ cliff.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Iguana775:
I thought it was a decent episode but Lizzo and Black were annoying
View Quote
They were the live action versions of some of the over-the-top characters you'd see in The Clone Wars cartoon or the original EU. It was entertaining and in the end, this is all just entertainment. It is trying to appeal to a large group of folks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#19]
The male Moncalla at the beginning of the episode was played by Tom Holland’s brother. Tom Holland is the current Spider-Man if you’re unfamiliar with the name.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By macman37:
Probably the weakest ep of the series imho. It felt like a Clone Wars ep. And not a good one.

There were some high points: The admission that their "direct democracy" was a failure, that stupid communism doesn't work, the Droid bar  Bo Katan getting the Darksaber. The effects were beautiful.

But the rest was a lot of dark points. Useless side story that could have been rolled into another ep.
View Quote
I think Christopher Lyold as an aging Separatist was awesome. Especially as he rambled. It shows the political makeup of the Outer Rim. You have worlds that want to be independent, others that went with the New Republic, and some who stayed Imperial.

The original EU, mostly being written before the prequels didn't touch any of that of course because Lucas forbid it. No one could touch anything related to the Clone Wars since he didn't flesh it out.

But it is nice seeing the political idealism carry over from the Clone Wars. Seeing Separatists not just dissappear. But more like blend into the new political fabric and continue on. Andor touched on that too. That A number of Rebels fighting the Empire were Separatists.

It is another part of the puzzle as to why the New Republic failed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Another entertaining episode.  Lizzo is a bad actress but every Star Wars has been filled with bad actors, especially the original trilogy.  It doesn't take away from the entertainment value of a series/movie about fake creatures and people in a fake galaxy a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#22]
As to the lore rebuilding. The Dark saber hand off is one of the big things that eerks me.

I think I understand what they are doing. Getting all the Mando’s back together and that this means some compromise for all of them in reference to the individual factions beliefs.

But we have been down this road of a dark saber hand off. It didn’t go well for anyone. It’s the one belief they all have in common.

It makes no damn sense. If Bo trips on root and falls down and drops the saber in a fight. All someone has to do it pick it up and kill her opponent and boom. They are mandalor the great 3.0. It cheapens it all down. I don’t like it.

As to Lizzo. I don’t think that will be an issue. She doesn’t have much time left on earth as unhealthy as she is. She is going to punch out before the story circles back around to that planet. I hope.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BklynZoo:

I can't believe that I'm reading a bunch of these posts praising or making excuses for this abomination of a season.  Kathleen Kennedy is clearly fully in control here and this season's "girl power" theme emasculating Din Djarin on his own show is likely to end with Dylan Mulvaney as the new hero in the finale and half of you will cheer it on.  Then you wonder why society is where it is and why our rights are always at risk.  How we have fallen.
View All Quotes

Some of the Star Wars fanboys, under the Disney regime, remind me of a battered wife that regularly gets so severely beaten by her POS husband that on days in which she “only” gets a few hard slaps across the face she celebrates the merciful “gift.”
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:49:04 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
If you read the original EU, plenty of "girl power" existed in those works. Mara Jade, Leia Orogana Solo, January Solo, Winter Celchu, Tenel Ka, etc...
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

He wasn't a droid and certainly wasn't a Jedi.
He was a human with cybernetic enhancements. He was trained by Count Dooku in lightsaber combat but was not a Force user.
View Quote
He wasn't human, he was Kaleesh.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Found it interesting, that on episode select screen, all the other chapters have the name.  Guns for hire, was not listed....
View Quote

They always just call it "Chapter X" for the first few days, then add the episode name later. Next week it will be listed, and the new episode will be called Chapter 23.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
They were the live action versions of some of the over-the-top characters you'd see in The Clone Wars cartoon or the original EU. It was entertaining and in the end, this is all just entertainment. It is trying to appeal to a large group of folks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Iguana775:
I thought it was a decent episode but Lizzo and Black were annoying

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Again, trying to appeal to a large group of folks. Streaming services are facing major issues and Nielsen ratings are an outdated method of monitoring. All the streaming services are having people drop their memberships. I know a few folks that won't sign back up for Disney+ until the season is over so they can pay for one month and binge watch the entire season.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes
Execute page 66

I didn't either.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
View Quote

Ehh, if I’m being fair, the show is literally a series of sidequests leading to sidequests from the very beginning. It’s what the show is built upon.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

General Grievous...?
Yes, thanks!

I thought he was some kind of lizard species, who was basically just a set of lungs and a brain after being in a fire.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
View Quote

Reminds me of The Walking Dead filler episodes where it felt like they had 8 episodes worth of content and were told to stretch it out to 16 episodes.

This season, so far, feels like they had 3 episodes worth of solid content and were told to stretch it out to 6 episodes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#34]
I think Christopher Lyold as an aging Separatist was awesome. Especially as he rambled. It shows the political makeup of the Outer Rim. You have worlds that want to be independent, others that went with the New Republic, and some who stayed Imperial.

The original EU, mostly being written before the prequels didn't touch any of that of course because Lucas forbid it. No one could touch anything related to the Clone Wars since he didn't flesh it out.

But it is nice seeing the political idealism carry over from the Clone Wars. Seeing Separatists not just dissappear. But more like blend into the new political fabric and continue on. Andor touched on that too. That A number of Rebels fighting the Empire were Separatists.

View All Quotes
Probably the weakest ep of the series imho. It felt like a Clone Wars ep. And not a good one.

There were some high points: The admission that their "direct democracy" was a failure, that stupid communism doesn't work, the Droid bar  Bo Katan getting the Darksaber. The effects were beautiful.

But the rest was a lot of dark points. Useless side story that could have been rolled into another ep.

Agree there. I liked the Lloyd cameo. I didn’t mind the (very short but decently handled) scooby-doo mystery.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

The first Thrawn trilogy hinted that the clones in "The Clone Wars" were the enemy the Republic and Jedi fought against, but like you said, never explored in detail.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Agree there. I liked the Lloyd cameo. I didn't mind the (very short but decently handled) scooby-doo mystery.
View All Quotes

Agree there. I liked the Lloyd cameo. I didn't mind the (very short but decently handled) scooby-doo mystery.
In current t Star Wars, the Separatists are the ones who I identify with. In the original EU, it was the Empire.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#37]
If you read the original EU, plenty of "girl power" existed in those works. Mara Jade, Leia Orogana Solo, January Solo, Winter Celchu, Tenel Ka, etc...
View All Quotes

Tycho and Winter's relationship was one of the more interesting love stories in the EU.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#38]
I liked the episode, and the dark Saber explanation didn't bother me at all.  I made the same argument when Bo saved Din.  It is a stupid dogma anyways; like the helmet thing.  Din explaining why Bo is the rightful owner was like me exploiting a loophole in some silly game that my kids made up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#39]
He wasn't human, he was Kaleesh.
View Quote

Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

I thought he was some kind of lizard species, who was basically just a set of lungs and a brain after being in a fire.
View Quote

So apparently I’m wrong about him starting out life as a human. But he did start out as something alive nonetheless.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Again, trying to appeal to a large group of folks. Streaming services are facing major issues and Nielsen ratings are an outdated method of monitoring. All the streaming services are having people drop their memberships. I know a few folks that won't sign back up for Disney+ until the season is over so they can pay for one month and binge watch the entire season.

View All Quotes

Personally, I don’t think that’s a valid excuse for Mando’s ratings dropping off a cliff considering the MUCH less talked about Andor, which ended about 4 months ago, did SIGNIFICANTLY better numbers.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:09:40 AM EDT
[#41]
And now we have Sir Grogu!
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#42]

Personally, I don’t think that’s a valid excuse for Mando’s ratings dropping off a cliff considering the MUCH less talked about Andor, which ended about 4 months ago, did SIGNIFICANTLY better numbers.
View All Quotes

Didn't we debunk that chart like 4 pages ago?

Anyhow, you're more than welcome to just stop watching.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Not gonna lie, I enjoyed that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#44]

The first Thrawn trilogy hinted that the clones in "The Clone Wars" were the enemy the Republic and Jedi fought against, but like you said, never explored in detail.
View All Quotes

Lucas had specifically stated that no one can touch the Clone Wars, do anything around that time period, etc... the Clones in the Thrawn trilogy were home trying to build his forces with Spaarti cloning. Spaarti cloning tech was developed by the Cranscoc of the Cartao system out in the Expansion Region. I'm the original EU, they sided with the Republic during the Clone Wars.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#45]

Tycho and Winter's relationship was one of the more interesting love stories in the EU.
View Quote
Yes it was.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#46]
This show is awful and everyone who likes it should be ashamed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

He became a knight one way or another! It was funny seeing him waive bye. Grogu does exactly what my three-year-old does and I love it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
This show is awful and everyone who likes it should be ashamed.
View Quote
I bet you liked Justified.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#49]
In current t Star Wars, the Separatists are the ones who I identify with. In the original EU, it was the Empire.
View All Quotes

I was always a Rebel but the way the shows are portraying the New Republic I’m leaning third party (guessing that’s Separatist) in SW.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Agreed
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top