Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

Much as it pains me to say it I think Andor is better than Mandalorian.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

Sadly this is the best Star Wars we are going to get.

Andor is a fantastic show, but on a much different level.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

They haven't witnessed his deeds and been around him long enough to be inspired.   Bo Katan could have help facilitate that, which is what I had hoped her character would do this season.  That Bo would go from wanting to hold the Dark Saber to realizing that Din is actually the leader Mandalorians need.  Her influence could have tempered his zealotry after he was shun by the Children of the Watch.  It would have been interesting to see Bo go from looking for an angle to screw Din out of the Dark Saber to actually respecting him and perhaps even loving him.  That's the character arch I wanted to see and I had expected, not the "let's build Din up for two season as "The Mandalore" and then just abandon all character development to make this Bo Katan's story.

Din has nowhere to go character wise. He's just a servant of Bo Katan's now. Grogu may as well have just stayed with Luke Skywalker, they've got nothing left for him to do now that his Dad is a nobody.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

After years of time (that we know of) the Mandalorians still looked at Din as a religious zealot and literally said as much... even as he had held the dark saber for many years as well.  

They gonna be down for him after 10 more years of heroics?  No?

They haven't witnessed his deeds and been around him long enough to be inspired.   Bo Katan could have help facilitate that, which is what I had hoped her character would do this season.  That Bo would go from wanting to hold the Dark Saber to realizing that Din is actually the leader Mandalorians need.  Her influence could have tempered his zealotry after he was shun by the Children of the Watch.  It would have been interesting to see Bo go from looking for an angle to screw Din out of the Dark Saber to actually respecting him and perhaps even loving him.  That's the character arch I wanted to see and I had expected, not the "let's build Din up for two season as "The Mandalore" and then just abandon all character development to make this Bo Katan's story.

Din has nowhere to go character wise. He's just a servant of Bo Katan's now. Grogu may as well have just stayed with Luke Skywalker, they've got nothing left for him to do now that his Dad is a nobody.

I see the story arch coming around, to Bo-Katan realizing herself like Satine did long ago, not necessarily peace above all else but Mandalore over their beliefs... Din has been wanting someone else to take the lead and honestly who else do you want as a #2 than Din?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m not very familiar with this guy, but this was hilarious.

The obese black woman got destroyed.

“That’s no moon…”  

The Mandalorian is DUMB | Lucasfilm is a DISASTER

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm deeply disappointed and frankly sad about this season of "The Mandalorian."

The show is a mess now narratively.  Din Djarin was on a clear character path to go from lone gun slinger to leader. I had anticipated that Bo Katan and he would become "partners" and perhaps even romantically involved with one another complimenting each other as great couples do.  Din could have united the Children of the Watch and the other sects by winning over their loyalty through inspiring heroics and his pure heart.  I expect a King Arthur tale with Grogu as a sort of Merlin, but nope the force is female!  

Apparently, in the Star Wars galaxy the only male leaders are tyrants or fools.  Every great hero in Star War is now a woman whether Jin Orso, Rey, or now Bo Katan.  The men are all subservient to the great leadership of women. I guess little boys out there get nothing, but essentially emasculating bullshit 24/7.  No heroes for the boys, which probably explains why so many Gen Z kids want to play female characters in video games these days.

Din Djarin is now a passive supporting character with nothing left in terms of character development. When he handed the Dark Saber to Bo Katan that was the end of his character development.  They don't even seem to have a clue what to do with Grogu now either, he's just become a cute character to sell toys with no character development left.  

I'm going to finish out this season, but if the story doesn't change to set Din back on his character arch to becoming "The Mandalore" then I'm cancelling Disney Plus until the "Ahsoka" series, which I don't have high hopes for given how miserably every Disney live action series has performed so far. I'm happy with the Bad Batch so far and so at least there is that, but the live action stuff is now all shit.
View Quote
Have you ever read the later works in the EU? It was Jania Solo who was the bad ass of the Jedi and Admiral Natasi Daala of the Empire and Galactic Alliance.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Ain't the fucking last season, not even close. People need to knock off the histrionics.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fredegar:
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

And, considering this could be the last season, hopefully don’t end on a cliffhanger.

Anything is possible, but I think it’s highly unlikely this is the last season.

Ain't the fucking last season, not even close. People need to knock off the histrionics.

No one (at least none that I saw) said it was the last season.  Just that it “could be the last season.”

Considering the massive budget and abysmal ratings it would be delusional to think it wasn’t at least a possibility.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]

No one (at least none that I saw) said it was the last season.  Just that it “could be the last season.”

Considering the massive budget and abysmal ratings it would be delusional to think it wasn’t at least a possibility.
View All Quotes

And, considering this could be the last season, hopefully don’t end on a cliffhanger.

Will the ratings double once the entire season is released?  

The answer is yes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Have you ever read the later works in the EU? It was Jania Solo who was the bad ass of the Jedi and Admiral Natasi Daala of the Empire and Galactic Alliance.
View Quote

Uh huh, so we've had plenty of empowered female characters.

Who do the little boys of today have? We had Luke and Han Solo.  The prequel guys had Anakin and Obi Wan.  

The girls today have Jin Orso, Rey, Ahsoka, Omega, and from what I understand the lead protagonist in "The Acolyte" is going to be a woman.  Where are the main male protagonists who are leaders? Andor, is aimed at adults even more so than Rogue One was.  Where is this generation's Luke Skywalker? I thought they were going to get it with Din, but turns out Din is just a sidekick for Bo Katan now.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Season 2 of Star Trek: Picard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
Holy fuck. Until now, I swear I thought the queen was that fat chick that lost in Georgia. I kept trying to look for the gap teeth, but didn't see it. It wasn't until this thread that I find out that it was another fat chick that sings.

Naw they crammed Stacy abrams into Star Trek as president of earth or some shit lol

It was the end of the last season of Star Trek Discovery.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I found it hilarious that they had a lot of fat representation in the episode.

Because they were all on a planet where droids did all the work.

The whole episode was calling fat people lazy.

It made me laugh every time a new fat person appeared.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Uh huh, so we've had plenty of empowered female characters.

Who do the little boys of today have? We had Luke and Han Solo.  The prequel guys had Anakin and Obi Wan.  

The girls today have Jin Orso, Rey, Ahsoka, Omega, and from what I understand the lead protagonist in "The Acolyte" is going to be a woman.  Where are the main male protagonists who are leaders? Andor, is aimed at adults even more so than Rogue One was.  Where is this generation's Luke Skywalker? I thought they were going to get it with Din, but turns out Din is just a sidekick for Bo Katan now.

View Quote

I don't see him as a sidekick at all. I don't want him to be the leader of Mandalore. I want him to go back to wandering the galaxy in his space RV raising Grogu to be a Mandalorian and getting into adventures. Leave the ruling, politics, and Darksabers to Bo Katan.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:00:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GutWrench] [#11]

Shine “a little”?  This isn’t even Din Djarin’s show anymore.
View Quote

I feel ya. I would prefer to watch him and the little Yoda go on adventures. But it’s become a bridge for other characters and future shows. I am hoping it will pivot back to them now that the dark saber stuff appears to be sorted out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

Wanna bet?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

It's not people. It's person.

Well he can't shit on GoT anymore, so it's literally every other show. It's a hobby of his.

Wanna bet?

No. That would be a sucker's bet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KnightStick:

I don't see him as a sidekick at all. I don't want him to be the leader of Mandalore. I want him to go back to wandering the galaxy in his space RV raising Grogu to be a Mandalorian and getting into adventures. Leave the ruling, politics, and Darksabers to Bo Katan.
View Quote

That's a show with no character development, that's just an episodic weekly adventure show and it's not going to be that anyways. This show will continue to focus on the rise of the Mandalorians, the remnants of the Empire, and the New Republic.

We had two seasons of pitch perfect character development to make Din at the center of all of that and then last episode they pulled the rug from under us and shit canned all of it.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes

Chess versus checkers. Plot versus action. Shawshank versus Die Hard. I love them both, and both satisfy in different ways.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#15]

The answer is yes.
View All Quotes

The answer is yes.

If you double the ratings are they STILL abysmal?

Attachment Attached File

The answer is yes.

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#16]

If you look at it objectively, it’s definitely not “highly unlikely.”

Earlier seasons were costing a reported $15M per episode.  S3 is undoubtedly costing even more.  Some estimates put it over $20M an episode.  For reference: GoT S8’s 6 episodes were $15M each and it was the most expensive show in the history of TV.  Now, it’d be one thing if Mando was bringing in the viewers.  However, not only are the ratings not good.  They dropping off a fuckin’ cliff.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14562/AA19q6Mt-2769789.png
View All Quotes

If you look at it objectively, it’s definitely not “highly unlikely.”

Earlier seasons were costing a reported $15M per episode.  S3 is undoubtedly costing even more.  Some estimates put it over $20M an episode.  For reference: GoT S8’s 6 episodes were $15M each and it was the most expensive show in the history of TV.  Now, it’d be one thing if Mando was bringing in the viewers.  However, not only are the ratings not good.  They dropping off a fuckin’ cliff.

Without a timeframe attached to those numbers they are meaningless.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#17]

The answer is yes.

View All Quotes

The answer is yes.

The answer is yes.

Well based on your graph yes yes yes but I wouldn't trust nielson more than the survey they paid me for 10+ years ago....
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#19]

The answer is yes.

View Quote

Look at the episode count.

There are 8 episodes each in season one and two, that only seems to be counting the first episode of season three, and adding one and two together.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By klinc:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:
Holy fuck. Until now, I swear I thought the queen was that fat chick that lost in Georgia. I kept trying to look for the gap teeth, but didn't see it. It wasn't until this thread that I find out that it was another fat chick that sings.

Naw they crammed Stacy abrams into Star Trek as president of earth or some shit lol

I thought it was Picard with their time travel bit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:29:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GAcop] [#22]
I was going to post the Babylon Bee thing above but got beat.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I know a lot of people are seeing this as “girl power” the last couple episodes. Mando’s skills have been put on the back burner to let Bo-Karan’s character shine a little. I don’t personally have a problem with it but I can see how some do.

Most people are aware that the Feloni and Favero (spelling I know) guy are attempting to build up the whole SW universe using this series. We also have to remember they deleted a bunch of scenes with Cara Dune. She was to tie up some loose ends and I believe the part with the Asian dude was written to fill in her deleted scene as they would have contacted her for support as she was their friend. I would guess most of the things we are seeing as crap are reshoots to fill in the gaps where her parts were.

Star Wars is a cluster fuck because of Disney’s poor woke policy and agenda and that cunt bitch Kathleen Kennedy. They are trying to still make it watchable for everyone. They are trying to please everyone and it shows.

View Quote

Rangers of the New Republic getting the ax screwed this season in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Holy crap episode!
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

It's not people. It's person.

Well he can't shit on GoT anymore, so it's literally every other show. It's a hobby of his.

Wanna bet?

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I try to focus more on the good this season...even with all the bad.  Ep 2 is great as is the aerial combat at the beginning of Ep 3.  I am holding out hope for the last 2 episodes.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

Harry Potter spoiler below? I guess some people haven’t read it.
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
Originally Posted By craig19:
It wasn't a terrible episode.  However, I don't feel like much was accomplished other than the last 5 minutes of the show. The Dark Sabre hand off was lame. After all the talk of how it had to be "won" and that's the route they go?

Harry Potter spoiler below? I guess some people haven’t read it.
Click To View Spoiler

Ha!  You are 100% right.  My kids are obsessed with HP, and I've seen the series a few times, over the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#28]
TUKK TALES: The Rescue - A Clone Wars Fan Film | Announcement Teaser Trailer
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

Rangers of the New Republic getting the ax screwed this season in my opinion.
View Quote

From what I understand Cara was huge part of season 3 and the Ashoka show. All her stuff had to be cut out, re wrote and shot. They rushed it and this is what we got. Disney sucks.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Ha!  You are 100% right.  My kids are obsessed with HP, and I've seen the series a few times, over the last couple of years.
View Quote

Modern Family Hermione Granger

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:

View Quote

Christopher Lloyd isn't fat
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:

View Quote

There was? The only really fat people I can recall is the black woman with the abhorrent acting the the he/she at the lab.

Unless you count Jack Black too.  I can't recall thinking he was all that fat, but it could have been due to him always standing next to the morbidly obese black woman.  

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#34]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MLuVJHoGA
View Quote

That looked good.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Below average episode. Usually the Bryce Dallas Howard directed episodes have been pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#36]
These last 2 episodes better each knock it out of the park.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
View Quote

I am cautiously optimistic for the finale (hopefully it doesn’t end on a cliffhanger though).

E7… not so much.  Though if E7 simply doesn’t suck it’ll be better than most of the S3 episodes thus far.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#38]

I am cautiously optimistic for the finale (hopefully it doesn’t end on a cliffhanger though).

E7… not so much.  Though if E7 simply doesn’t suck it’ll be better than most of the S3 episodes thus far.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Would it feel too rushed if Gideon was reintroduced next Wednesday?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m not very familiar with this guy, but this was hilarious.

The obese black woman got destroyed.

“That’s no moon…”  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahaDUDOOnoA
View Quote

He’s pretty good. I watch his stuff and the Drinker hass as him on from time to time
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Yea I was trying to finish it out but when I heard she was in it I refused to watch it
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#41]
The last two episodes better knock it out of the park.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qaGvSVTOZ4
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qaGvSVTOZ4

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#43]
In the original EU, I hated the Rebels and the New Republic and was happy that the Imperial Remnant took over after the collapse of the New Republic during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion when the Galactic Alliance was formed.
View Quote

the empire did nothing wrong. they were just trying to keep the peace, that the space wizards kept interfering in.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By masterofpew:

Christopher Lloyd isn't fat
View Quote

I don't understand how you think this is counter to what I said... I didn't say they were all fat.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#45]

There was? The only really fat people I can recall is the black woman with the abhorrent acting the the he/she at the lab.

Unless you count Jack Black too.  I can't recall thinking he was all that fat, but it could have been due to him always standing next to the morbidly obese black woman.  

View Quote

Now name any other fat people from the entire 3 seasons.  Except when Gina Carano was beefing up.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.  Except maybe for the "what they don't like falafel" Batman Begins guy.  Or of course any Hutts (sp?)
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#46]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5MLuVJHoGA
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#47]
So maybe Dins been carrying around the Saber for Bo since the trip to Mandalore, he surely believes in her, as much has he does the creed I'd suspect
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

the empire did nothing wrong. they were just trying to keep the peace, that the space wizards kept interfering in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
In the original EU, I hated the Rebels and the New Republic and was happy that the Imperial Remnant took over after the collapse of the New Republic during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion when the Galactic Alliance was formed.

So you see through the lies of the Jedi?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#49]

So you see through the lies of the Jedi?
View Quote

Always have.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#50]
there may be hope..

Is Disney Going to Sell Lucasfilm? Recent Developments Raise the Possibility A Sale May Be Coming!
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top