Yeah. I was talking with a buddy yesterday. He thinks

Click To View Spoiler

Anyway, thought that was cool too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macman37:
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
One thing I did like was the Trooper outfits.  They looked pretty cool and original.

Yeah. I was talking with a buddy yesterday. He thinks

Click To View Spoiler

Anyway, thought that was cool too.
think thats a very likely scenario
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Hopefully we see...

I rewatched those scenes and with the voice modulations and mask they could basically cast anyone.  I kind of see Claudia Black under all the makeup.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
Originally Posted By user4574:
Totally didn't recognize Claudia Black as a Night Sister.

Ha I ddin't catch that.

Also Amos from the Expanse is Enoch (Wes Chatham)

He is that guy?

Hopefully we see...

I rewatched those scenes and with the voice modulations and mask they could basically cast anyone.  I kind of see Claudia Black under all the makeup.

I was making a joke

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
Is Ashoka going to be worth watching if I hate almost everything Disney Star Wars?

I’ve been a very long time SW fan, I think I have 56 of the original Expanded Universe books. That being said, the sequel trilogy was flaming dog shit, absolutely unwatchable and disrespectful filth. The only Disney+ series I’ve seen is Obi-Wan, which was pretty mediocre. Is this series decent, or just more Kathleen Kennedy garbage?
View Quote

its crap.. But the Disney shills are in full swing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
One thing I did like was the Trooper outfits.  They looked pretty cool and original.
View Quote

its called Kintsugi.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:17:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#5]
View Quote

Referred to as “Night Troopers” by the subtitles, one could infer from that Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

its crap.. But the Disney shills are in full swing.
View Quote

Lets be fair....its 80% crap....20% tugging on Clone War/Rebels/Expanded Universe strings.  I watched Episode 6 last night....and turned that 40+ min episode into about 6-8 solid mins by skipping all the filler BS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:20:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mochaTX] [#7]
Originally Posted By poison123:

Lets be fair....its 80% crap....20% tugging on Clone War/Rebels/Expanded Universe strings.  I watched Episode 6 last night....and turned that 40+ min episode into about 6-8 solid mins by skipping all the filler BS.
View Quote

Well Disney threw me a free trial.

It wasn’t the full feminist show off, but I find it hilarious the most compelling character isn’t Ashoka or Sabine, it’s Ray Stevenson and Thrawn. They just have more of a presence then the main characters.

Lol, this series is definitely nostalgia bait for the Rebels crowd, but I find myself rooting for the villains. I want the villains to succeed in this series just because the main characters are so insufferably dull. I want to know more about Baylan and his apprentice, I want them to start a new paradigm of dark Jedi users to break the cycle, it would be so refreshing.

Too much filler.

Idk how many seasons they have planned, but I want to see the rise of another Empire(not first order BS)
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Is Ashoka going to be worth watching if I hate almost everything Disney Star Wars?

I’ve been a very long time SW fan, I think I have 56 of the original Expanded Universe books. That being said, the sequel trilogy was flaming dog shit, absolutely unwatchable and disrespectful filth. The only Disney+ series I’ve seen is Obi-Wan, which was pretty mediocre. Is this series decent, or just more Kathleen Kennedy garbage?
View Quote

I like it a lot so far. Has a good vibe, like Andor did. Exploring some cool lore, stuff we haven’t seen. No tatooine, which is also cool.

Rogue 1, Mando S1&2, Andor, and Ahsoka are all solid. The rest… meh.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:54:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#10]
The thing I didn't like about Thrawn was the weight.  I would have liked it it he had been in physical shape or even slightly below normal weight.  Just showing the years of "surviving" in the out realms.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#11]
The thing I didn't like about Thrawn was the weight.  I would have liked it it he had been in physical shape or even slightly below normal weight.  Just showing the years of "surviving" in the out realms.
View Quote

Th uniform bothered me. Way too baggy
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Thrawn is around 70.

I dont care about his weight or the uniform. Geeze. If you ever read a Thrawn book, you'll know it is Thrawn's intellect, cool under fire and his methodical non-stop pursuit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

Thrawn is around 70.

I dont care about his weight or the uniform. Geeze. If you ever read a Thrawn book, you'll know it is Thrawn's intellect, cool under fire and his methodical non-stop pursuit.
View All Quotes

Thrawn is around 70.

I've read and known about Thrawn since Heir to the Empire (through to Outbound Flight) and agree with Metalsaber... for a guy as precise as Thrawn has been written, on the ragged edge of space, he should look ...a little less paunchy.

The actor did a fine job otherwise... I'd just have thought with the possibility of being one of the next big bad guys in the SW Universe, that he'd have gotten a little trimmer for the role.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:38:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#14]

I've read and known about Thrawn since Heir to the Empire (through to Outbound Flight) and agree with Metalsaber... for a guy as precise as Thrawn has been written, on the ragged edge of space, he should look ...a little less paunchy.

The actor did a fine job otherwise... I'd just have thought with the possibility of being one of the next big bad guys in the SW Universe, that he'd have gotten a little trimmer for the role.
View Quote

People wanted Mikkelsen to reprise his role, he’s not that young and it may not have been practical to shed the weight in the allotted time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Thrawn is around 70.

Maybe all the snail people they’ve been eating are high in calories.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Thrawn is around 70.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

It's better than Kenobi. Not as good as Mando season 1 & 2. Light years ahead of the sequel trilogy. I like that they are exploring things outside of traditional Star Wars mythology.

You should give Andor a chance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:

I've been a very long time SW fan, I think I have 56 of the original Expanded Universe books. That being said, the sequel trilogy was flaming dog shit, absolutely unwatchable and disrespectful filth. The only Disney+ series I've seen is Obi-Wan, which was pretty mediocre. Is this series decent, or just more Kathleen Kennedy garbage?

It's better than Kenobi. Not as good as Mando season 1 & 2. Light years ahead of the sequel trilogy. I like that they are exploring things outside of traditional Star Wars mythology.

You should give Andor a chance.

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Also the Sabine and Ezra reunion was dull.   It somewhat took me out of the episode.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

In the EU Thrawn was perfect.   Worked out, in shape, uniform always perfect.   He had to be perfect since he wasn’t human.   Most of the Empire hated him.    The first time we see him he has a beer belly?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#20]
The biblical Enoch was raised to heaven while still alive and became the right hand man of god. It’s obvious that Star Wars Enoch is Thrawns right hand but does this hint more about his character.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#21]

He is that guy?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

Or the B-Wing originally being designed by an insectoid race, but then being changed to the Mon Calamari, Quarrie, in Rebels.
View Quote

Pretty sure in the Star Wars Roleplaying Source Books (from the 90's), the B-Wing was designed and built by the Mon Calamari.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

In the EU Thrawn was perfect.   Worked out, in shape, uniform always perfect.   He had to be perfect since he wasn't human.   Most of the Empire hated him.    The first time we see him he has a beer belly?
View All Quotes

In the EU Thrawn was perfect.   Worked out, in shape, uniform always perfect.   He had to be perfect since he wasn't human.   Most of the Empire hated him.    The first time we see him he has a beer belly?
Yeah thats where I'm picturing him from and it seems like a bad way to introduce the next big bad guy.  People might just think he's sitting around in his ship eating bon bons having a good old time.
I did think the acting was perfectly fine, just not the appearance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Crazy that the best characters in this show are the villians!

Thrawn seems good so far to me - he is the chess master whose plans are large and long term.

Baylan is a fatherly character with interesting motivations who tries to bridge both sides of the force. His desire to break the cycles of good and evil is strange but interesting.

Shin Hotty is just fine as frog hair and dangerous in a good way. She tends towards the dark and unsure and I worry about what happens if she loses Baylan.

So far this show is giving Mando a run for it's money as second best Star Wars TV. Not sure yet if it is better than Mando but it is certainly better than Obi-Waste and Boba Fat.

Andor stands alone at the top of course. I am scared that the second season of Andor has almost no chance of being as great as the first season.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Ooo astute observation. Dude looks entirely too soggy around the waistline to have just spent five years in exile on some outer-rim planet, I agree.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Ooo astute observation. Dude looks entirely too soggy around the waistline to have just spent five years in exile on some outer-rim planet, I agree.
View All Quotes

I'm coming in with my own preferences but even the face to me should have been someone with gaunt face.  Something like the following.  The thin face profile with sunken cheeks/jaws.

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#27]
My only complaint about this episode. Otherwise I liked it.

Thrawn spends 10 years looking for Ezra. Can’t find him.

Sabine finds him before dark on the first day hanging out with the locals.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Here’s some more cool artwork I’ve come across:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://twitter.com/vzlgvd
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Thrawn is around 70.

View Quote

Listen! Kate Upton could sit on half these guys faces and suck them dry and they'd still complain.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#30]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Also the Sabine and Ezra reunion was dull.   It somewhat took me out of the episode.
View Quote

Agree.  For all Ezra knows the Empire still exists.  Pulling Thrawn away was an attempt to save Lothal but he would know wouldn't defeat the greater Empire.

Actually once the snail people show up I was being taken out of the episode.  Or that pointless scene with the howler following her, that was a good waste of 2 minutes or so.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#32]

Yeah I was hoping we see Enoch be a ruthless combatant, etc.

Sorry I was making a separate comment on how the actress and actor were mostly only identifiable by the casting credits.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Now I want Rukh to be on the show.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm coming in with my own preferences but even the face to me should have been someone with gaunt face.  Something like the following.  The thin face profile with sunken cheeks/jaws.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnnylopez.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F10%2FJake_Thin.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=5fffb541279420474b835c0afc0056563428c8ad12910880de06ffb1dbda316d&ipo=images
View All Quotes

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnnylopez.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F10%2FJake_Thin.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=5fffb541279420474b835c0afc0056563428c8ad12910880de06ffb1dbda316d&ipo=images

Yeah I'm with you.

Originally Posted By GutWrench:

Thrawn spends 10 years looking for Ezra. Can't find him.

I thought it was five years but I might've missed something. Regardless, I also felt like she just showed up and found the guy. They missed a lot of side-plot action here whereas Mando was/is all about the side-plot action.

You hate to see it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Yeah I'm with you.

I thought it was five years but I might've missed something. Regardless, I also felt like she just showed up and found the guy. They missed a lot of side-plot action here whereas Mando was/is all about the side-plot action.

You hate to see it.
View Quote

You may be right about the 5 years, not 10.

Filoni is building up to something. I am still intrigued and can’t wait to see where it leads us.

Other than episode 4 and 5 they have left me wanting more substance.

There are only a few more episodes left. There has to be a pay off.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah thats where I'm picturing him from and it seems like a bad way to introduce the next big bad guy.  People might just think he's sitting around in his ship eating bon bons having a good old time.
View All Quotes

Agree on the acting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

Listen! Kate Upton could sit on half these guys faces and suck them dry and they'd still complain.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

Thrawn is around 70.

Guess we should all be sunshine pumpers and say this show is perfect.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Yeah I'm with you.

You hate to see it.
View All Quotes

Yeah I'm with you.

You hate to see it.

Rebels takes place 5 years before the Return of the Jedi I believe.   This show is 5-7 years after ROTJ.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:08:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#41]
If Episodes 7/8/9 are considered canon, where admiral Holdo does the infamous lightspeed kamikaze in The Last Jedi… Why haven’t they they just been using that strategy against pretty much every large cruiser+ class ship this whole time? Just slinging solid lightspeed missiles at shit?

At only the speed of light, a mass of 390 grams (14oz) hits with the energy of a 1 megaton atomic bomb (~4.1 petajoules).  

edit:

Hell, forget attacking just cruisers.  Something like a 40,000,000 ton Imperial Star Destroyer at light speed would impact an object with some ~430,000,000,000,000,000 megatons of energy… that’s 7.8 quadrillion Tsar Bombas There’s no that doesn’t destroy even a planet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Yeah I'm with you.

You hate to see it.
View All Quotes

Yeah I'm with you.

You hate to see it.

Thrawn is such a great schemer, maybe he kept Ezra alive as bait. It's not like he was going anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Thrawn is such a great schemer, maybe he kept Ezra alive as bait. It's not like he was going anywhere.
View All Quotes

Yeah I'm with you.

You hate to see it.

The way he mentioned that they'd lost people implied that Ezra was behind it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
If Episodes 7/8/9 are considered canon, where admiral Holdo does the infamous lightspeed kamikaze in The Last Jedi… Why haven’t they they just been using that strategy against pretty much every large cruiser+ class ship this whole time? Just slinging solid lightspeed missiles at shit?

At only the speed of light, a mass of 45 metric tons hits with the energy of a 1 megaton atomic bomb (~4.1 petajoules).  An imperial shuttle is purported to have an 80 metric ton capacity… so at light speed it would hit its target with with an equivalent of a 1.7MT bomb.

Hell, forget attacking just cruisers.  Something like a 40,000,000 ton Imperial Star Destroyer would impact an object with some ~850,000MT of energy.  I’d have to think hitting with 850,000+ MT would FUBAR even a whole planet.
View Quote

There you go thinking again.

Seriously though - even before the Holdo maneuver was a thing, they could have done a high speed mass impact. They just didn't. There was never a reason to do it, and every reason not to do it. But at any point someone could have Holdo'd another ship.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Thrawn is around 70.

I am also curious how they taste
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By November5:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By November5:

Yeah I'm with you.

You hate to see it.

Explains a lot of the armor repairs for the night troopers
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:23:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#47]

There you go thinking again.

Seriously though - even before the Holdo maneuver was a thing, they could have done a high speed mass impact. They just didn't. There was never a reason to do it, and every reason not to do it. But at any point someone could have Holdo'd another ship.
View Quote

I reworked the math… A 40 million tonne imperial star destroyer at lightspeed would impact with the kinetic energy of 7.8 QUADRILLION Tsar Bombas.

7,811,187,021,873,958 of the most powerful nuclear bombs (~55MT) ever detonated.

Why even bother building the Death Star, at that point? Just hurl one of your hundreds of cruisers at a planet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

View All Quotes

Thrawn is around 70.

Just needs some oyster sauce.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Thrawn is around 70.

I kinda wanna bbq one up
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#50]

I kinda wanna bbq one up
View All Quotes

Thrawn is around 70.

Maybe all the snail people they've been eating are high in calories.

I kinda wanna bbq one up

Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top