Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it funny?

I imagine it's like American Dad or Family Guy.

Or is this the end of the world?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So now I want to murder people for being homosexual.

You called me a fundamentalist. You're saying this is what fundamentalists want.

How classically leftist-fundamentalist of you.
View Quote

I never said you want to. But you’d be lying if you said people on Arfcom haven’t expressed that desire.

Trust me, I’m pretty fucking far from a leftist. This may actually be the first time I’ve ever been called a leftist, normally I’m called a fascist or a racist. I just detest religious extremism in all of its forms. You’re free to feel that this show, Harry Potter, and whatever else is the devil. And I’m free to feel that your feelings are dumb. Welcome to America, where we’re actually allowed to have different beliefs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Reporting for duty!

Wait until the OP discovers color TV, VCRs, cable TV and that MTV where they play that rock music. It's devil music I'll tell you what! Oh and they got them some new fangled devices they hook up to their teliovisions that let them play vidya games! Those video games are violent! Oh lordy, where are my pearls! I need something to clutch!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's a new one I've not seen, so I'll ask ...

"dig holes for you?"
View Quote

I am in land development as a profession. You are digging metaphorical holes extremely fast. Those 2 facts make a humorous joke.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Reporting for duty!

https://i.gifer.com/origin/18/18fdcce0db54f1ffcf0d6cba89898cab.gif

Wait until the OP discovers color TV, VCRs, cable TV and that MTV where they play that rock music. It's devil music I'll tell you what! Oh and they got them some new fangled devices they hook up to their teliovisions that let them play vidya games! Those video games are violent! Oh lordy, where are my pearls! I need something to clutch!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Reporting for duty!

#thankyouforyourservice
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So Id like to know how we right this ship in your opinion how do we set the country on the moral straight and narrow without infringing on a whole host of rights and/or imposing some sort of quasi theocracy which does the same? Bitching on an internet message board about a cartoon you find objectionable is not an answer and isn't going to solve what you say is wrong with society. What would?
View Quote

I'm mostly just here to bitch. It's going to take better men than me to figure this shit out. I'd love to help, but all I can really do is be one of the people pointing out the problems. We have our place too.

The founding fathers were the brilliant minds who gave us this amazing country (along with those who fought for it of course) but we wouldn't have a country today if the other colonists hadn't gotten sick of the king's shit and said so.

I do know one thing at least. It's not going to be a president or some fucking "policy" that's going to turn it around. It can't be "top down". It has to be "bottom up". It's going to take individual people deciding to be moral and raise their kids that way. I know for damn sure I'm doing my part in that at least, WHAT ABOUT YOU?!

I also know that having a society full of the kind of morally bankrupt people who would come on here and defend the indefensible is certainly part of the problem. Shame can be a powerful tool and motivator, but we've gotten so far from morality that shaming some people is literally impossible, but I'm going to keep trying.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Moral religious police are ALWAYS bad. You believe whatever the fuck you want. The moment they try to regulate a consensual non-violent activity that that adults want to engage in is a constitutional violation. I couldn't care less about what any Christian, Muslim, pagan, satanic, Buddhist, or other feel good rule book says. The US, as much as a lot of people here want it to be, is not a fundamentally Christian country. It is at its foundation a country of choice.
View Quote

Not true. This country was not founded on the "choice" to do evil. It's founded on choosing to do what is virtuous and moral.

You certainly do have a choice to do and excuse evil. There's not a single thing "American" about that however.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I never said you want to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You called me a fundamentalist. You're saying this is what fundamentalists want.

You said it's what fundamentalists want and you had already called me one.

You knew you had called me a fundamentalist before you even posted that.

Did you think nobody would notice or be able to do 2+2=4?  ... or that people would do the equivalent of 2+2=5 ... ?

But you’d be lying if you said people on Arfcom haven’t expressed that desire.

I don't track them but I've seen some posts like that. The people that post that stuff aren't holding to the fundamentals of christianity, they're just being jerks. It doesn't take very much reading and knowledge to sort that out.

Trust me, I’m pretty      far from a leftist. This may actually be the first time I’ve ever been called a leftist,...

Well, cool, because you haven't been. You *did* do something that is a classic leftist-fundy thing.

... normally I’m called a fascist or a racist. I just detest religious extremism in all of its forms. You’re free to feel that this show, Harry Potter, and whatever else is the devil. And I’m free to feel that your feelings are dumb. Welcome to America, where we’re actually allowed to have different beliefs.

Ah, the irony.

Here we are talking about our different beliefs and you feel obliged to tell me we're allowed to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ah, so when it's not you getting stabbed in the eye and insulted, it's ok, and you don't have to turn your brains on and think.

Do you also believe that molech worship isn't real either?

^^^ Yes, I'm asking you, that's not rhetorical.

Would you laugh at a movie that made the horrors of murder and war out as something not evil, because they did it in a joking way? Even though it was teaching that bad stuff is not bad, it's good or at least indifferent?

"This means nothing, so we can joke about it."

As for harry potter: The worst sin of those books is that they frankly sucked. The writing was bland and the characters weren't compelling. Somewhere down the list was whatever effect they had in normalizing occult stuff (which, if you know what the word occult means, a contradiction).

ETA: as for disney's part in this ... as I pointed out in the OP - how long before they are directly marketing this to children?
View Quote

I love Satan.  He really doesn’t like to be called Molech.
His name is Jim.  So, please refer to him as Jim, Our Dak Lord or just Satan.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you think nobody would notice or be able to do 2+2=4?  ... or that people would do the equivalent of 2+2=5 ... ?

I don't track them but I've seen some posts like that. The people that post that stuff aren't holding to the fundamentals of christianity, they're just being jerks. It doesn't take very much reading and knowledge to sort that out.

Well, cool, because you haven't been. You *did* do something that is a classic leftist-fundy thing.

Ah, the irony.

Here we are talking about our different beliefs and you feel obliged to tell me we're allowed to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me, I’m pretty      far from a leftist. This may actually be the first time I’ve ever been called a leftist,...

... normally I’m called a fascist or a racist. I just detest religious extremism in all of its forms. You’re free to feel that this show, Harry Potter, and whatever else is the devil. And I’m free to feel that your feelings are dumb. Welcome to America, where we’re actually allowed to have different beliefs.

Ah, the irony.

I think you are conflating a bit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS.

How long before you go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

eta: some of Y'all are acting like the people on DU. It's kinda funny.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Don’t let your kids watch it. Boom. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nice screech there.

----------

No, I did not make the OP or the thread to call people out on their sins.

Shockingly, I put it up for the reasons mentioned in the OP and the title.

Disney is being new disney and being more open about it by making bilge.

------------

Because apparently arf is too childish to ask and would rather assume things and make fools of themselves, what should be done?

Make your own choice, because you will anyways. It's crap and it's made to make people make light of what's real and what's evil, so we associate real things (like the molech worship I mentioned on the first page) with absolutely farcical comedy.

As far as parents and kids go: well if you didn't have any idea what the show is about and what disney is willing to make, now you do. Filter the content and/or discuss with your kids as is necessary. You (hopefully) know them better than anyone else does.

Meanwhile, here's my hard and fast YOU SHOULD! ...

Y'all SHOULD send this stuff to the babylon bee to be mercilessly mocked, because disney deserves it.  Speaking of should ... *flash goes to check to see if the bee already has.*
View Quote

My deepest apologies for a late delay in response. I was getting my kids Doritios and Capri-suns while turning on SpongeBob Square Pants. What the hell is your point here? Do you have kids? That is a lot of preaching without a clear point. Word dumping is a common way to obscure the fact the other party has no argument. What should we do about this Disney show and why are youad in a couple sentences? Can you do it without mentioning religious figures?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Reporting for duty!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Reporting for duty!

Hnh.

Fun game.

I'll take a turn:

Wait till you find out that the puritans were considered sex crazed hippies by society at that time and people said they only beleived what they did so they could be wierdos and that they wanted to destroy society. Especially wait till you go read their poetry that the husbands and and wives would write to each other in their private letters. For the ignorant children, you look for phrases like "matrimonial duty" for things in the public sphere.

Or that they had to pass laws forbidding people from having sex at court or in the churches. Or that their architecture was known for being playful.

It might even make you have a stroke to find out that they would (and did) excommunicate people for not having sex with their spouses.

You would drop dead if you went to some of our churches and watched families show up with 15 passenger vans nearly full of kids (and it's just one family) and the people are (gasp) fun loving and not hidebound.

Breaking those steel-bound manacles off that people live in and showing them truth is scary.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, the irony.

I hope I am, but I don't see any good reason to think so. Dude posted what he posted.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ironic that there's a massive amout of clutching the pearl of the false stereytpe of christians going on ...

Sad, that arf could see the series and have a choice between: Bash on disney because they're openly grooming elementary age school kids by pushing content about sex OR ... bash anyone for pointing out that disney is sticking true to their recent form and asking how long before they actively start pushing this stuff towards kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So disney is making an animated cartoon.

It's about a lady who had sex with the devil and she now has a 13 year old daughter who is the anti-christ.

Already two pages worth of discussion with the usual pearl clutching in the earlier thread.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/New-Disney-series-Little-Demon-Antichrist-is-the-lead-character/5-2582505/

Ironic that there's a massive amout of clutching the pearl of the false stereytpe of christians going on ...

Sad, that arf could see the series and have a choice between: Bash on disney because they're openly grooming elementary age school kids by pushing content about sex OR ... bash anyone for pointing out that disney is sticking true to their recent form and asking how long before they actively start pushing this stuff towards kids.

The show is tagged TV-MA. And FX airs it at 10pm. Not exactly being "pushed" towards kids with that rating and time slot. But what ever, considering the other copious amounts of TV-MA animated content out there this one is far from the most objectionable.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#18]
It's pretty funny.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My deepest apologies for a late delay in response. I was getting my kids Doritios and Capri-suns while turning on SpongeBob Square Pants. What the hell is your point here? Do you have kids? That is a lot of preaching without a clear point. Word dumping is a common way to obscure the fact the other party has no argument. What should we do about this Disney show and why are youad in a couple sentences? Can you do it without mentioning religious figures?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice screech there.

----------

No, I did not make the OP or the thread to call people out on their sins.

Shockingly, I put it up for the reasons mentioned in the OP and the title.

Disney is being new disney and being more open about it by making bilge.

------------

Because apparently arf is too childish to ask and would rather assume things and make fools of themselves, what should be done?

Make your own choice, because you will anyways. It's crap and it's made to make people make light of what's real and what's evil, so we associate real things (like the molech worship I mentioned on the first page) with absolutely farcical comedy.

As far as parents and kids go: well if you didn't have any idea what the show is about and what disney is willing to make, now you do. Filter the content and/or discuss with your kids as is necessary. You (hopefully) know them better than anyone else does.

Meanwhile, here's my hard and fast YOU SHOULD! ...

Y'all SHOULD send this stuff to the babylon bee to be mercilessly mocked, because disney deserves it.  Speaking of should ... *flash goes to check to see if the bee already has.*

NN to apologise for that.

My honest reply and (yeah, its stupid to assume, but I suspect I might be right) assumption based on what you've said:

If you think that's a lot of text, stop reading the site on your phone and go grab the laptop. It's not a lot of text and it IS just a few sentences.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not true. This country was not founded on the "choice" to do evil. It's founded on choosing to do what is virtuous and moral.

You certainly do have a choice to do and excuse evil. There's not a single thing "American" about that however.
View Quote

Sure, but you definition of evil here is not following Christians guidelines. The right to freedom isn't constricted to your feel good book.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The show is tagged TV-MA. And FX airs it at 10pm. Not exactly being "pushed" towards kids with that rating and time slot. But what ever, considering the other copious amounts of TV-MA animated content out there this one is far from the most objectionable.
View Quote

It's getting put on Disney+. Kids will see it.

In any case, it's morally harmful to both adults and kids. So is a lot of that "copious amount" of other content out there. But hey, fuck morals because "muh entertainment".
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I was like "Wow, OP gets really wound up over nothing." then I looked at who OP is.  Never mind.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#24]
The Devil has been a part of literature forever.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I hope I am, but I don't see any good reason to think so. Dude posted what he posted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, the irony.

He did.

And you are a good ARF bro.

Obviously we don't agree on a lot of things (coughs in EV) . But I do miss your avatar. I'm a mech guy.

FX/adultswim/etc. has been producing sketchy ass shows for a VERY long time. "Mr Pickles" has been noted already. "Metalocalypse", I'll note myself.

Is Disney a trainwreck? Yes.

Should we support them, no.

Will the show in question be any good? Probably not.

But this has been going on since the beginning of time.

You have strong beliefs. I respect that.

The longer this thread goes on, the more people will watch it. (No press is bad press).

I hope this makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

In any case, it's morally harmful to both adults and kids. So is a lot of that "copious amount" of other content out there. But hey, fuck morals because "muh entertainment".
View Quote

Adults have the choice to be corrupted as they see fit. Kids should be governed by their parents. Anything outside of that is outside of our control. You have the freedom to reject as you see fit. Others have the right to object as they see fit with no regard to your feelings. That is the way this country was ment to run. Just trying to keep that alive where I can.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sure, but you definition of evil here is not following Christians guidelines. The right to freedom isn't constricted to your feel good book.
View Quote

You must have SOME external code to define evil and help you overcome it. Mine is Christianity.

Sorry, but fallible, sinful, humans CANNOT be left to their own devices to do this. It is folly. This is what Satan loves and counts on.

Where is YOUR code? What do you use as a guide besides your own ignorant, prideful, sinful, inner voice?

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Adults have the choice to be corrupted as they see fit. Kids should be governed by their parents. Anything outside of that is outside of our control. You have the freedom to reject as you see fit. Others have the right to object as they see fit with no regard to your feelings. That is the way this country was ment to run. Just trying to keep that alive where I can.
View Quote

Adults do have the choice to be corrupted. They have the choice to sin and do all sorts of horrible things.

You just can't say that choosing to be corrupted and to sin is moral or "American" without being wrong or lying.

Edited to add: everyone always goes on and fucking on about freedom. Rightly so I guess, we're certainly losing it piece by piece. However, with freedom comes RESPONSIBILITY. In fact, the more freedom you have, the more responsibility you have.

You have the choice to do evil, but not the FREEDOM to do evil.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Its going on Disney+ in foreign countries where Disney+ already has adult content like Die Hard, not here in the US.

Quoted:

Would you laugh at a movie that made the horrors of murder and war out as something not evil, because they did it in a joking way? Even though it was teaching that bad stuff is not bad, it's good or at least indifferent?

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He did.

Obviously we don't agree on a lot of things (coughs in EV) . But I do miss your avatar. I'm a mech guy.

FX/adultswim/etc. has been producing sketchy ass shows for a VERY long time. "Mr Pickles" has been noted already. "Metalocalypse", I'll note myself.

The longer this thread goes on, the more people will watch it. (No press is bad press).

I hope this makes sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, the irony.

He did.

I hope this makes sense.

Meh, it's water off the ducks back. Dude did what he did. I just pointed at it.

Of course people will see the thread and go watch it because they saw it in the thread. Some to try and "own the fundies." I expected that before I made the thread. They're responsible for what they do with the information, not me.

As for the avatar: yeah, the flashbulb is a cool mech.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You must have SOME external code to define evil and help you overcome it. Mine is Christianity.

Sorry, but fallible, sinful, humans CANNOT be left to their own devices to do this. It is folly. This is what Satan loves and counts on.

Where is YOUR code? What do you use as a guide besides your own ignorant, prideful, sinful, inner voice?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was shaped by the example my parents set. You do good things because it feels good and helping others makes the community a better place, not because you are scared of going to hell if you don't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:35:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was shaped by the example my parents set. You do good things because it feels good and helping others makes the community a better place, not because you are scared of going to hell if you don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kant (iirc it was him) has entered the thread via proxy!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Lol adult swim

The only decent things they show are reruns of KOTH and Futurama, and occasionally Boondocks

Pretty much all of the original programming is absolute shit
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then parents should enable the Disney+ parental controls and try and limit what the kids may see on their Disney+ account.

Parental Controls on Disney+

This discussion on what is morally objectionable TV content has been going on pretty much since the birth of broadcast TV. I remember the "moral" outrage over Fox airing Married with Children back in 1987. That show was frigging hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do indeed. It's don't be a dick and look out for those who need it. I don't need a fun fantasy book to tell me that. It should me common sense. People will always do bad things regardless if there is a book telling them not to. It is akin to laws saying "guns are illegal" here and then being surprised someone had a gun there. Y'all find yourselves "higer" than "us" by a guideline we don't care about. Same "earthly" goal without that rules of years of book following.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#37]
https://archive.org/details/cartoon-network-adult-swim-2004-10-23-toonami/Adult+Swim+2004+11-20-04+(Fullmetal+Alchemist%2C+Ghost+in+the+Shell%2C+Inuyasha%2C+Cowboy+Bebop).mkv

Addeddate
   2022-07-20 22:27:04

Identifier
   cartoon-network-adult-swim-2004-10-23-toonami

It's 10+ hours of AS anime.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you only do things because they make you feel good, you are wide open before Satan. You do know that the major tenet of Satanism is simply "do what thou wilt"? You may not believe in the devil but he sure believes in you.

Your parents are just other ignorant, fallible humans, and they cannot be your code if you actually want to be moral. Your "helping make the community a better place" while doing it from an entirely selfish place based only on your own inner thoughts and feelings, is where the "road to hell is paved with good intentions" come from.

I'm sorry if that's a bitter pill to swallow but it's biblically true, and since you don't swing that way, historically true as well.

I'll pray for you, but then I'll pray for me too because I'd be just as damned without Christ.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hnh.

Fun game.

I'll take a turn:

Wait till you find out that the puritans were considered sex crazed hippies by society at that time and people said they only beleived what they did so they could be wierdos and that they wanted to destroy society. Especially wait till you go read their poetry that the husbands and and wives would write to each other in their private letters. For the ignorant children, you look for phrases like "matrimonial duty" for things in the public sphere.

Or that they had to pass laws forbidding people from having sex at court or in the churches. Or that their architecture was known for being playful.

It might even make you have a stroke to find out that they would (and did) excommunicate people for not having sex with their spouses.

You would drop dead if you went to some of our churches and watched families show up with 15 passenger vans nearly full of kids (and it's just one family) and the people are (gasp) fun loving and not hidebound.

Breaking those steel-bound manacles off that people live in and showing them truth is scary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reporting for duty!

Hnh.

Fun game.

I'll take a turn:

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reporting for duty!

Hnh.

Fun game.

I'll take a turn:

https://y.yarn.co/3bd49b69-8e29-466b-baf1-0c7b0fff2b56_text.gif

I will if you will
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If you only do things because they make you feel good, you are wide open before Satan. You do know that the major tenet of Satanism is simply "do what thou wilt"? You may not believe in the devil but he sure believes in you.

Your parents are just other ignorant, fallible humans, and they cannot be your code if you actually want to be moral. Your "helping make the community a better place" while doing it from an entirely selfish place based only on your own inner thoughts and feelings, is where the "road to hell is paved with good intentions" come from.

I'm sorry if that's a bitter pill to swallow but it's biblically true, and since you don't swing that way, historically true as well.

I'll pray for you, but then I'll pray for me too because I'd be just as damned without Christ.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Do what thou wilt" is not a tenet of the Satanic Temple, but this one is.

"The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own."
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Was it Molon Lobster or something like that who though yoga was satanic and schools that had kids doing yoga in PE were corrupting them?

Man, this sounds similar.
View Quote

My aunt (a Protestant Minister) thinks yoga is evil. She said it was introduced to the west to trick Americans into worshiping false gods and the fitness aspect of it is all a ruse to trick people.

She also thinks Masons worship Satan. There’s no convincing her otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My aunt (a Protestant Minister) thinks yoga is evil. She said it was introduced to the west to trick Americans into worshiping false gods and the fitness aspect of it is all a ruse to trick people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it Molon Lobster or something like that who though yoga was satanic and schools that had kids doing yoga in PE were corrupting them?

I'm a mason that let's his children follow the "kid's yoga" videos on YT.

She would probably throw holy water on me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Masons I know not much at all about aside from the fact that bible believing christians aren't supposed to be in secret orgs like that. Can't comment on their beliefs and practices, except for saying it strikes me as trying to combine a bunch of stuff that won't and can't be combined and "smells" relativistic.

Yoga: if they're giving you the full worldview-beliefs part along with the movements and whatever meditation may be involved, that's a legit argument to make.

The movements and such as purely a physical fitness routine... that's just meh.

Eta: and ... your *aunt* a protestant minister. Yeah, that's a real indicator there. Someone's tossing some stuff out of the beliefs for no good reason.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way!

We save that for the IRS agents.

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote
The outrage machine must be fed. It desires clicks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Wait…aren’t all 13 year old girls the AntiChrist? Or at least some kind of demon?
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#48]
So the kid grows up to be Hillary Clinton?  It's a prequel?  I like it!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He did.

I hope this makes sense.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2022 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"Do what thou wilt" is not a tenet of the Satanic Temple, but this one is.

"The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own."
View Quote

"Do what thou wilt" is certainly a tenet of Satanists. Whether or not it appears in some "official" Satanic text is not the point. Just type that phrase in google, click "images" and then say with a straight face it isn't Satanic.

As far as the second quote goes all I can say is that if that is an actual tenet of the "Satanic Temple" then that's even more damning for some folks here because that's what basically what people are arguing in this thread in defense of this show.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top