Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I do not believe prices will come back down. Not on dinner bills, not on booze, not on pre packaged anything. Meat/poultry/fish, etc, will.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask yourself if at anytime during your lifetime you ever saw prices decline substantially with Marxist Commiecrats in public office.

The one exception was gas during the 4 blessed years of President Donald Trump.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you think prices will ever come back down?? (Page 1 of 2)
View Quote

Sure they will, right after

Do you think TAXES will ever come back down?? (Page 1 of 2)
View Quote

No one is going to give up the profit they are making during this time. IMO - Inflation is a consumer issue, and the manufacturer is making bank.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ask yourself if at anytime during your lifetime you ever saw prices decline substantially with Marxist Commiecrats in public office.

The one exception was gas during the 4 blessed years of President Donald Trump.
View Quote

Donald Trump spent a boat load of money that encouraged inflation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#5]
negative.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No one is going to give up the profit they are making during this time. IMO - Inflation is a consumer issue, and the manufacturer is making bank.
View Quote

Inflation doesn't affect manufacturers? Sure they can pass on increased costs to buyers... until they can't.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Inflation is very rarely followed by any period of deflation.

For the most part, the new prices just are what they are.  People who think that as the inflation rate goes down prices will also go down are going to be very disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Eventually recessions always end and things get better however do you think these prices are the new normal. Do you think companies will lower prices or will they just enjoy the additional profits?
View Quote

Companies will continue to raise prices & enjoy the windfall of profits as their expenses have (and will) remain steady or even drop...

...those damn greedy companies!
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
In Kalif the min wage is will be going up in Jan 1, 2023 to 15.50/hr. Mom & pop businesses will be struggling to survive they are too small to pass along increased costs. For the .ORGs that have unions, the min wage is often the floor for negotiations. So the prices in Kalif on goods & services will not be declining anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I take it you don’t make anything? Every single input is up. Insurance, labor, materials, fuel, maintenance consumables, literally everything.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Not unless there is a complete money reset.

The price of everything gets driven up and it creates new floors for things like wages and food.

If the prices go back down, will you pay people less? I've given several raises this year because it sucks just trying to do anything right now, if it's suddenly cheaper for them to eat and live can I start giving them less money?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Currency inflation is not causes by "greedy companies". Price increases are those entities trying to retain actual worth. Fiat currency is basically "pay it forward" theft.  .GOV gets that first fat skim before devaluation sinks in the economy. It is a very old game. Even back when ancient governments used actual gold coin as currency, they still figured out ways to inflate it. They used alloys for dilution and would trim the edges of coins already in circulation. A purity test for gold was to bite the coins Pure gold is kind of soft. Not soft as lead, but will mar slightly to a sound tooth. The trimming thing is why high value coins have fancy edges. Low value coins do not.

Modern inflation is caused by the government printing and circulating increasingly worthless paper. In the last two years they've gone an orgasmic binge printing money for the "covid crisis". Last i heard was SIX TRILLION. It was not long ago when six trillion was the entire federal budget scraped up with taxes.

Let that sink in.
View Quote

That damned inflation! ...
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
some prices will come down some won't.  driven by supply and demand.

however, it's unlikely that we will deflate to pre covid dollars.   may have some disinflation if the fed follows through on reducing their balance sheet.    but i'm skeptical because there's no way congress stops spending, so the fed really has to keep going

e.g. primers didn't go from $15/k to $150/k because the fed increased the money supply by 10x.   The price increase was due to lack of supply.   once that's corrected, prices of primers will come back down.
View Quote
Just OT, I haven't bought primers for a number of years, but the last time I bought Win SP primers was $25/1000, and I though I got reamed.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This is why prices won't come back down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I paid $18 for a large sub combo earlier this week, shit is crazy.

This is why prices won't come back down.

The $15/hour cat is out of the bag & ain't ever going back in...
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Currency inflation is not causes by "greedy companies". Price increases are those entities trying to retain actual worth. Fiat currency is basically "pay it forward" theft.  .GOV gets that first fat skim before devaluation sinks in the economy. It is a very old game. Even back when ancient governments used actual gold coin as currency, they still figured out ways to inflate it. They used alloys for dilution and would trim the edges of coins already in circulation. A purity test for gold was to bite the coins Pure gold is kind of soft. Not soft as lead, but will mar slightly to a sound tooth. The trimming thing is why high value coins have fancy edges. Low value coins do not.

Modern inflation is caused by the government printing and circulating increasingly worthless paper. In the last two years they've gone an orgasmic binge printing money for the "covid crisis". Last i heard was SIX TRILLION. It was not long ago when six trillion was the entire federal budget scraped up with taxes.

Let that sink in.
View Quote

Just wait until people learn how the fractional reserve banking system actually works. It’s pretty fucked up to learn.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Eventually recessions always end and things get better however do you think these prices are the new normal. Do you think companies will lower prices or will they just enjoy the additional profits?
View Quote

Make more money.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I take it you don’t make anything? Every single input is up. Insurance, labor, materials, fuel, maintenance consumables, literally everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, inflation is a thing for the MFG, but the MFG's 5% increase ends up being a 20% increase to the consumer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sure, inflation is a thing for the MFG, but the MFG's 5% increase ends up being a 20% increase to the consumer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we are back to...I take it you dont make anything?
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope.  This is inflation.  Companies have been holding back prices for years squeezing everything they can from labor.  Prices have to stay this high to stay in business.  You can thank trump and Biden and both parties for spending money we don't have any now have to pay back through devaluation.

ETA housing and rent prices will plummet because it's a bubble.  But not consumer goods and services
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Inflation is very rarely followed by any period of deflation.

For the most part, the new prices just are what they are.  People who think that as the inflation rate goes down prices will also go down are going to be very disappointed.
View Quote

Demand will fall out of the sky just like a plane in a stall condition. The prop may be spinning, the motor roaring and the gauges working but that thing WILL fall if the correct control inputs aren't used. "Fugoidal" is the condition we have. Derived from the word "fugoid". When the economy becomes as the stalling plane all is not lost IF the pilot AND the airframe can supply the saving actions. The plane and the pilot BOTH have a fixed set of skills and limitations. These things are well known and time tested. Our economy now/today is in untested waters. Looking at the financial demands that our illegal alien problem has created I see an air frame with a defect unknown to the pilot. Using roughly $35K per annum per alien as the hard cost along with the sheer volume of recipients as the financial weight to the economy we see the next event. The aircraft becomes unrecoverable as the airframe is no longer CAPABLE of flying.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#22]
No.

If prices start falling across the board at a sustained pace then the really bad times have started.

(not talking about supply-squeeze 300 and 400% increases here)
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Costco canned chicken and prime beef has gone down a little in the past 3weeks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not unless there is a complete money reset.

The price of everything gets driven up and it creates new floors for things like wages and food.

If the prices go back down, will you pay people less? I've given several raises this year because it sucks just trying to do anything right now, if it's suddenly cheaper for them to eat and live can I start giving them less money?
View Quote

Yes, you can. I have worked for companies that have reduced pay.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You are right...lower wages overall is what I should have said and that can only be done one way which is ending 90% of entitlements. Which means we are all going to ride this bitch to the ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is completely irrelevant in my area. There are zero jobs(other than bartenders or waitstaff) being filled for minimum wage. Our entry level positions pay about 50% more than state minimum and 250% the federal minimum and it’s almost impossible to fill all the positions needed.

You are right...lower wages overall is what I should have said and that can only be done one way which is ending 90% of entitlements. Which means we are all going to ride this bitch to the ground.

And if the thread about 50% of adults living at home is to be believed it’s not just .gov entitlements that are going to fuck us.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes, you can. I have worked for companies that have reduced pay.
View Quote

In a labor surplus you can.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here is the issue I wonder about.........of course you can't pay employee's less......so what happens to the business (if they lower prices but their expenses are the same that is a NO-GO)..........not good...
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Housing and energy go up and down all the time. People were upside down on their mortgage for a decade or more last time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inflation is the biggest issue for high prices.  And when have you ever seen negative inflation?  It may slow, but I doubt I’ll ever see it stop, let alone go down in this lifetime.

Housing and energy go up and down all the time. People were upside down on their mortgage for a decade or more last time.

Demand for housing is tied to interest rates, though.  Consumer goods don’t fluctuate like that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Here is the issue I wonder about.........of course you can't pay employee's less......so what happens to the business (if they lower prices but their expenses are the same that is a NO-GO)..........not good...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing that's when you see a lot of fresh hires come in.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I do, as a part owner of two companies, one being an manufacturer of sporting goods, we've seen price increases for raw materials.  But we are situated where (Just like everyone else) our customers pay for increased costs related to inflation and it's impact on us is minimal.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#31]
These current prices are the new norm and wont be going back down.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm guessing that's when you see a lot of fresh hires come in.
View Quote

I understand what you are saying......

The issue with that is it's already hard to find good people....everyone is looking for people, therefore....they (new folks) are all asking for very high pay (employee's market now)........this is the problem.......also, employees want raises too but cost have gone up (35-40% in the past 18months=supplies/materials etc..in my industry.)...........so what do you do..........give your self a pay cut as an owner??????????

Employee's are always very generous with their employers money

I literally had a conversation with some employee's and they were talking about how expensive the products we provide are.........I responded,"do you ever want a raise?".....crickets......

It amazes me how people can compartmentalize their own situation and be oblivious to the realities around them......
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes I do, as a part owner of two companies, one being an manufacturer of sporting goods, we've seen price increases for raw materials.  But we are situated where (Just like everyone else) our customers pay for increased costs related to inflation and it's impact on us is minimal.
View Quote

Did your costs only increase a little while you charge a lot more? If so I am in The wrong business.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:25:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#35]
No.  

570 billion deficit

Printing money for FSA daily.  

It will only go up
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any price decreases from normalization will be offset (or more) by the still-rampant inflation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#37]
No, Prices do not go down and taxes do not go away.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Shingles, texture mud, copper and aluminum wire, pex piping and fittings, pipe wrap, zip ties, caulk, duct tape, ABS fittings, paint, insulation, lumber.
Gas was under $3.00 gal, up past $5.00 and settled back to $3.50, fuel probably had the least impact on my business.

Find a product that has not at least doubled in the last two years and get back to me, I will wait over here.
View Quote

Headless, shell on shrimp from Ecuador and Peru.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Hot dog buns are back to $1.29 a pack vs $3.50 a few months back.  

There will be some correction, but for the inflation that is wage driven that won’t correct. In fact, it’ll continue to get worse.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:30:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Seems as if the prices of 9mm and 5.56 ammo are already coming down.

A little bit.

Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Competition is always at work, even now. Companies want more market share. An enterprising company will sell their stuff for slightly less to get it. Another company will follow suit. As inflation abates and margins open up, another company will lower their prices or risk being priced out of the market. And prices will fall to a new plateau that fits the times. Basic economics. Entire markets can't just camp on the current high prices when the cost structures change.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#42]
When the majority of the people being paid 15 an hour minimum wage die in the next world conflict and drive the demand for things so low that prices literally cannot stay inflated

That's when the prices crash
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Both criminal parties have sold us out since the 70's. You still vote for getting f'd in the azz by your choice of who is presented as your choice. Osama. Tramp and Potato have all gone along with massive printing of $$ in the past 12 years. WTF, have you been paying attention?
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

it's only gonna get worse @exponentialpi
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are no additional profits for non "finance" businesses, just additional costs they have to offset.

"Grind them [i.e., the middle class] between the twin millstones of taxation and inflation." Lenin

This is a war. Being waged on you and those like you.

Don't forget it.

Link Posted: 12/16/2022 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

it's only gonna get worse @exponentialpi
View Quote

That it will.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#47]
They raised prices and then shrank the size of packaging. Prices will come down but we will always be getting less.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Gas prices are down like $1.50 from their highs.

Housing and car prices are falling too. Of course, at the cost of higher interest rates.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top