Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
While I agree, it's sad that we even need this PSA....
View Quote

Quoted:
It's a shame this needs to be said.
View Quote

Quoted:
Rule 2:  the bill of the cap shall never be flat
View Quote

Yup...
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The practice was popularized in the inner city, predominantly African Americans did it as a status symbol. Like a lot of things culturally it has since migrated out. It was never about returning the hats after wear.

View Quote

<-------taught at an inner city school district back in the '80's, when the only hang tag was the one with the price on it....as a status symbol. It looked stupid then, stupid now.
And inner city blacks didn't invent such sillyness, Minnie Pearl did.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have never heard of this outside of GD
View Quote

There are a lot of star baseball players that have come off age in the last 5 years or so that tuck their ears. Like most things, if a star athlete does something, then it gains a following and old fogies freakout. Forgetting that at one time they went into public in bell bottoms or wore starter jackets..
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Flat bill on the cap, ears tucked inside the cap, and the bill offset to one side by about 45 degrees or so...   I like knowing about the socio-economic background of someone without having to engage them in a conversation.  Those three things tell me all I need to know about someone.

As an alternative, a cap worn with the bill pointed straight to the front, well arched bill on the cap, with sweat stains, a fish hook in the brim, and a John Deere, Carhartt, or NRA logo,  on the hat also tells me all I need to know.  However, I would engage that person in conversation and probably find quite a bit in common with them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that supposed to be a bullet plate inside the cap?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok, boomer. Or is it ok, Karen, now?
View Quote

The avatar (+ BFL) is back! ...
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Weird, my baseball cap has a tag on the inside that says “official on field hat.”

Also, ghetto has no race...
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Amen
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Lott’s a peoples be ignurnt.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Unless you are a Romulan.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why use Baby-momma, a term popularized in black culture then if you werent wanting to speak directly about Blacks? Seems needless...

For a significant population an offical hat is no different than a designer handbag. To make the fashion statement it has to be authentic and it needs to advertise to others it is authentic. That may not be you and thats cool, but does not mean they are doing something nefarious or immoral.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would lose that bet, I see plenty white guys doing this shit, ghetto is equal opportunity

And the proving “authentic” is just a bullshit excuse, there are ways to see it is authentic without stickers on it...

But then again how many “authentic” police is running around and asking if a hat is real??

Why use Baby-momma, a term popularized in black culture then if you werent wanting to speak directly about Blacks? Seems needless...

For a significant population an offical hat is no different than a designer handbag. To make the fashion statement it has to be authentic and it needs to advertise to others it is authentic. That may not be you and thats cool, but does not mean they are doing something nefarious or immoral.

You know that term is used by other races, right?

Don’t give a shit where it started as it it used by a lot of races in the GHETTO culture today...
Same like those who drive an Escalade but pay for groceries with an EBT card which guess what, is done by multiple races in the ghetto culture.

There are a lot of black people who do not like to be associated with that culture as do many other races, you would be wrong to assume that they like that culture. A friend of mine is a black jazz musician who is also a Vietnam vet and that shit drives him up the wall as he does not associate what so ever from that “culture.” It does not identify him, oh and he is also a Trump supporter too.

But let’s not drift the conversation about race since it is a culture issue (since yet again the culture is adopted by many colors), not race...

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
My son inlaw does this but his ears stick out bad so it's cool
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fucking truth. Flat bill caps are fucked up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’m a caring Karen person
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can someone actually care how another person wears a hat?

I’m a caring Karen person

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There are a lot of black people who do not like to be associated with that culture as do many other races, you would be wrong to assume that they like that culture. A friend of mine is a black jazz musician who is also a Vietnam vet and that shit drives him up the wall as he does not associate what so ever from that “culture.” It does not identify him, oh and he is also a Trump supporter too.

View Quote

Lol, I cant say racist things becuase I have a black friend. I mean come on man.

You made an incorrect assumption as to why it became a cultural trend, You assigned malice to that assumption, that they would use the item and then return it. Add in some additional language about being an irresponsible father, and philanderer but it okay cause you were just makeing vast generalizations about culture not race.

You are literally passing judgement on someone based off a fucking sticker on a hat.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Lol, I cant say racist things becuase I have a black friend. I mean come on man.

You made an incorrect assumption as to why it became a cultural trend, You assigned malice to that assumption, that they would use the item and then return it. Add in some additional language about being an irresponsible father, and philanderer but it okay cause you were just makeing vast generalizations about culture not race.

You are literally passing judgement on someone based off a fucking sticker on a hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to put words in my mouth...
Go back a re-read what I said, wait let me just summarize it for you: he doesn't associate with that culture and doesn’t like being grouped in that culture... Where the hell did you get “I cannot say anything racist because I have a black friend...” ???

I also did not speak about where the trend came from, I am speaking about the people who do it TODAY in my area that is the “culture” they like which is “it is edgy to appear ghetto.”

The ONLY person who tied a race was you, not me... So the person who made an incorrect assumption was who?

ETA: but really, what would you have to gain with ALL the stickers being left on the hat? Like I said the authentic hats (but really who fucking cares to walk around saying “yeah this is authentic cuz I have stickers”) have things done to them that prove they are the real deal () with out ever needing the stupid stickers which are three on most hats.. All you have to do is take the hat off and there are all the key things for a New Era hat.

Fuck if you are that sensitive over a hat that typically costs $40 that you have to leave the stickers on, might as well leave the window sticker on your car, stickers on your tires when you buy them, the original tag on your firearm, etc...
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#20]
What I hear is a bunch of young guys who haven't spent decades surfing, boating, fishing and sailing thinking this is a retarded trend and it might be at that.

But if the dude looks to be over 30 keep in mind, it might just be some skin cancer prone old goat like myself who wore sunblock when it was handy or didn't have all the fancy waterproof for 6 years shit like they do today. We were careless, yeah, and now must wear ball caps like douchebags to cover our years of sins.
Please forgive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#21]
World War 2 guys didn’t know how to wear caps.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:55:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I know a couple of guys that ride motocross that have had skin cancer on their ears.
That's why they tuck their ears up under the hat.
People that do that probably represent .99% of the people that have a legitimate reason to do so.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Is This really a thing?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Some people have a special condition. Not all people but many suffer from the tips of their ears getting burnt by the sun.
My mother is one of these people severely affected.  Many years now she’s been required to wear a cap covering the tops of her ears.
You probably have hard ear tops that can withstand the kind of abuse you so vividly describe. In your naive snarky viewpoint the struggle
for those with sensitive ears Doesn’t exist. If you ever want to square up and see if you can take a full power shot to prove your sincerity
You can stop over anytime. My mom hits harder with a pipe than any tweaker on a two wheel binge. I hope you have your crocheted mask
on to protect that delicate little chin. When she brings it, she brings it all.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The stickers are left to prove its authentic, not so it can be returned. Its since grown into its own thing. But you did a swell job of tacking a shit ton racism onto the back end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rule 3: thou shall remove all stickers from hat before wearing. Don’t do the “I will return this hat after the date I am going on so I can buy baby momma a block of cheese and a box of life cereal.”

The stickers are left to prove its authentic, not so it can be returned. Its since grown into its own thing. But you did a swell job of tacking a shit ton racism onto the back end.

So that's what it is...

I always thought it was too prove you're an idiot.
My brother does that shit.

Curved bill, fitted, no tags.
That's how I roll.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is not a rule that is your preference
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Who the F tucks in their ears
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I knew everything was messed up when I went to the hat store in the mall and the girl said i need to find what they now call a dad hat.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Some people have a special condition. Not all people but many suffer from the tips of their ears getting burnt by the sun.
My mother is one of these people severely affected.  Many years now she’s been required to wear a cap covering the tops of her ears.
You probably have hard ear tops that can withstand the kind of abuse you so vividly describe. In your naive snarky viewpoint the struggle
for those with sensitive ears Doesn’t exist. If you ever want to square up and see if you can take a full power shot to prove your sincerity
You can stop over anytime. My mom hits harder with a pipe than any tweaker on a two wheel binge. I hope you have your crocheted mask
on to protect that delicate little chin. When she brings it, she brings it all.
View Quote

Get Mom a boonie hat or cowboy hat.
Mom's got no business wearing ball caps with those sensitive ears of hers.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What I hear is a bunch of young guys who haven't spent decades surfing, boating, fishing and sailing thinking this is a retarded trend and it might be at that.

But if the dude looks to be over 30 keep in mind, it might just be some skin cancer prone old goat like myself who wore sunblock when it was handy or didn't have all the fancy waterproof for 6 years shit like they do today. We were careless, yeah, and now must wear ball caps like douchebags to cover our years of sins.
Please forgive.
View Quote
Why not ditch the worthless baseball cap and get a hat that has a 360 of coverage?

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My husband has a huge head and teeny little ears so he has several inches of clearance.  But if I wear one of his hats and it's seated properly on my head, I have to tuck my ears in or it digs into the gap and really hurts.  

Comfort over style.  
View Quote

You need a Larue Tactical beanies hat.  They measure about two inches from the top to the edge.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Crew of the Enola Gay...they can wear their hats however they like and get a pass.

Ear tuckers and flat brimmers do not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit! That freakin goofball on Bitchin' Rides needs to fix his shit. Awesome stuff comes out of that shop, but damn, that fucking cap. And lose the idiotic stickers FFS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#34]
There are a lot of supervisors in this thread.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top