Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That doesn't disprove anything I said. At all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a scumbag politician and its only a matter of time before the political winds blow in a different direction requiring him to do scumbag politician things that you DON'T like just to stay in power. This is because power is the ONLY fucking thing scumbag politicians care about regardless of whatever he's saying to get you wet today.

Lol you mad bro?  Uh one might say the political winds blew against him multiple times so far and he was middle fingers up

Don't get pissy because Florida was saved and Texas I get fucked.
I'm not mad at all. I'm just not a niave child and I understand how the real world works.

Except your statement has already been proven incorrect.. multiple times.

Covid mandates
Don't say gay

And others
That doesn't disprove anything I said. At all.

Ok well to date I would venture to say he is the most consistent politician in recent history.

I’m not sucking the guys dick either - I can only speak for what he has done for us in his time as governor.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What would a legitimate reason be?
I'm just following the Alinsky Rules for Radicals handbook. Make your enemy live up to his own rules. The left spent years screeching about Citizens United and how corporations aren't people and don't have any rights...
Fine, those are the rules. Disney doesn't have any rights.

What are the liberals going to do in response? Attack all those companies that support conservatives? They'd do that if there were any left.

As for Disney leaving....pfffffft whatever. Can't happen. Do you have any idea how many billions of dollars and years that would take? Assuming they could buy enough land around anywhere with adequate infrastructure to make it happen.
Read about "The Florida Project" Walt had dozens of shell corporations buying land through all kinds of complicated schemes to pull this off. It would never work again.

There is an old joke in finance.
When you owe the bank a million dollars, you have a problem.
When you owe the bank a 100 million dollars the bank has a problem.

Disney won't give money to Rs, supports Ds like crazy and can't leave.
Explain why we should play nice again?
View Quote

It is my understanding that Disney owns several thousand acres here in Central Texas NW of Austin. So they could move, but it would be frying pan to fire, I think Texas has learned from Florida on this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe Disney will leave FL and move to CA
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm just about at the point I'd vote for DeSantis over Trump.
View Quote

Bet he wouldn’t appoint swamp shitbags like Barr and Sessions
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

should be well past.  Trump was what we needed then, DeSantis is what we need now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

should be well past.  Trump was what we needed then, DeSantis is what we need now.

One thing Trump did very well was expose how deep the rot really goes
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Prison bitch logic. They want to diddle your kids and convert them to one or more flavors of perversity, behind your back. This. Is. War.
View Quote

Yeah, you’re beyond talking to. You’ve created a kaiju straw man that you believe is the boogeyman. Are there some perverts in the gay community?  Sure. Just like there are in the churches, Boy Scouts, military, police, and every other sector or populace. There’s probably more outside of the gay community than inside. But whatever, it’s pretty clear that there’s no convincing you. In my experience, it’s those that claim the highest virtue that behave without any.

Quoted:

I'm just following the Alinsky Rules for Radicals handbook. Make your enemy live up to his own rules. The left spent years screeching about Citizens United and how corporations aren't people and don't have any rights...

What are the liberals going to do in response? Attack all those companies that support conservatives? They'd do that if there were any left.

As for Disney leaving....pfffffft whatever. Can't happen. Do you have any idea how many billions of dollars and years that would take? Assuming they could buy enough land around anywhere with adequate infrastructure to make it happen.
Read about "The Florida Project" Walt had dozens of shell corporations buying land through all kinds of complicated schemes to pull this off. It would never work again.

View Quote

If you cry “foul” when they do something that abuses power that you don’t like then I don’t wanna hear you bitch.

You want to be no different from them, just with you in charge. That’s not what I want. I’m saying it’s hypocritical. If you’re fine being a hypocrite, so be it. I refuse to be.

Some other poster said something like “if they hurt us, hurt them back”. Fine. But don’t use government to do that. Boycott, protest, whatever. Don’t use the force of government. You think it’s wrong for the government to force a business to sell their product/service to someone they don’t want to, but you’re fine when it aligns with your beliefs?  I am not on your side. You’re claiming to right on the side of superior morality but choose a path of lesser morality.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I never knew that Disney World was basically a 1900's-era company town. They should add MaetwanLand to the attractions and make the kids mine pronouns underground for 87 cents a day.

And this crap is (part of) why I'm going to reregister as a Republican,  just so I can caucus for Desantis.
View Quote

How one doesn't know this is beyond me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, you're beyond talking to. You've created a kaiju straw man that you believe is the boogeyman. Are there some perverts in the gay community?  Sure. Just like there are in the churches, Boy Scouts, military, police, and every other sector or populace. There's probably more outside of the gay community than inside. But whatever, it's pretty clear that there's no convincing you. In my experience, it's those that claim the highest virtue that behave without any.

If you cry "foul" when they do something that abuses power that you don't like then I don't wanna hear you bitch.

You want to be no different from them, just with you in charge. That's not what I want. I'm saying it's hypocritical. If you're fine being a hypocrite, so be it. I refuse to be.

Some other poster said something like "if they hurt us, hurt them back". Fine. But don't use government to do that. Boycott, protest, whatever. Don't use the force of government. You think it's wrong for the government to force a business to sell their product/service to someone they don't want to, but you're fine when it aligns with your beliefs?  I am not on your side. You're claiming to right on the side of superior morality but choose a path of lesser morality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prison bitch logic. They want to diddle your kids and convert them to one or more flavors of perversity, behind your back. This. Is. War.

Yeah, you're beyond talking to. You've created a kaiju straw man that you believe is the boogeyman. Are there some perverts in the gay community?  Sure. Just like there are in the churches, Boy Scouts, military, police, and every other sector or populace. There's probably more outside of the gay community than inside. But whatever, it's pretty clear that there's no convincing you. In my experience, it's those that claim the highest virtue that behave without any.

Quoted:

If you cry "foul" when they do something that abuses power that you don't like then I don't wanna hear you bitch.

You want to be no different from them, just with you in charge. That's not what I want. I'm saying it's hypocritical. If you're fine being a hypocrite, so be it. I refuse to be.

Some other poster said something like "if they hurt us, hurt them back". Fine. But don't use government to do that. Boycott, protest, whatever. Don't use the force of government. You think it's wrong for the government to force a business to sell their product/service to someone they don't want to, but you're fine when it aligns with your beliefs?  I am not on your side. You're claiming to right on the side of superior morality but choose a path of lesser morality.
You do understand what we are talking about here is that the Florida legislature gave Disney state power as a municipality, right?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah. Reedy Creek Autonomous Zone or something like that.  They have more security employees than Orlando has cops, have their own building inspectors, etc.  Essentially, the 68th county of Florida.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#11]

F Disney and all the execs with a barbed wire wrapped Louisville Slugger
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Good.
Get the fuck out don't come back.

That would make a nice factory/ammo plant something worthwhile.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
DeSantis is the one reason I regret moving out of Florida.  I hope I get to vote for him for President.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the GOP really wants to fuck them, they'd revisit copyright laws.
View Quote

Copyright is Federal.  This thread is about the State of FL. GOP.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:13:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He's a scumbag politician and its only a matter of time before the political winds blow in a different direction requiring him to do scumbag politician things that you DON'T like just to stay in power. This is because power is the ONLY fucking thing scumbag politicians care about regardless of whatever he's saying to get you wet today.
View Quote

So, all politicians are scumbags...so what?  If he's consistent and fearless, then at least he's OUR scumbag.  What the fuck do you want, anyway?  Fucking saints running the country?  You think it's EVER been like that, ANYWHERE?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Hnh.

Seems like they're trying to make being evil ... hurt.

You're pretty screwed up when it's the politicians attacking you for being messed up and bad.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Trump will be under investigation by democrats until after he passes away.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, you’re beyond talking to. You’ve created a kaiju straw man that you believe is the boogeyman. Are there some perverts in the gay community?  Sure. Just like there are in the churches, Boy Scouts, military, police, and every other sector or populace. There’s probably more outside of the gay community than inside. But whatever, it’s pretty clear that there’s no convincing you. In my experience, it’s those that claim the highest virtue that behave without any.

If you cry “foul” when they do something that abuses power that you don’t like then I don’t wanna hear you bitch.

You want to be no different from them, just with you in charge. That’s not what I want. I’m saying it’s hypocritical. If you’re fine being a hypocrite, so be it. I refuse to be.

Some other poster said something like “if they hurt us, hurt them back”. Fine. But don’t use government to do that. Boycott, protest, whatever. Don’t use the force of government. You think it’s wrong for the government to force a business to sell their product/service to someone they don’t want to, but you’re fine when it aligns with your beliefs?  I am not on your side. You’re claiming to right on the side of superior morality but choose a path of lesser morality.
View Quote

Nonsense.
I'm not doing what they are doing.
Removing Disney’s special privilege is completely in keeping with conservative/libertarian beliefs.
Disney gets special governmental benefits from that status that their competitors, SeaWorld and Universal Studios don't get. As a principled free market conservative I'm sure you are appalled by the government picking winners and losers and want to end those handouts.

How exactly is that "abusing power"?

I don't believe in violence, that doesn't mean I have to let you beat me to death. It does mean I will use the least amount of violence to end the threat you pose.

I want free markets and corporations staying out of politics. I will endorse least amount of coercion necessary to achieve that goal

If we play by your rules, which are "liberals can run roughshod over anyone anytime, but we have to fight by the Marquis of Queensbury rules" you just guarantee we lose. Every single time.
Some "conservatives" think that it's better to lose with "honor" than actually win.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We just need him to do SOMETHING about improving our gun rights. Insane that we still don't have constitutional carry and we still have bans on binary triggers and such.
View Quote

Constitutional carry seems to have friends in the state ... what, senate? Legistlature? that are worse than enemies. Propose the bill than badmouth it. Stuff like that.

If Desantis wants to do long-lasting good, he should start getting the state OFF of the federal taxpayer's dime, so that when (at this point, I would call it when not if) the feds try and use the taxpayers money as a club, florida can tell them to take a hike, we already don't need it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, but I don’t agree.

Be consistent with your ideals.

Government is bad, right?  Freedom of speech is good. Just because you like this governmental action doesn’t mean people can’t have other opinions. Punishing Disney isn’t appropriate.

I’m indifferent on the law. Government is restricting government. If parents want to teach their kids about sex at an early age, this isn’t stopping them from talking to their own kids. It should not apply to private schools (I don’t know whether it does). But Disney’s arrangement is a whole separate thing. If the arrangement needs to be revisited for legitimate reasons, go ahead. This isn’t a legitimate reason.
View Quote

What you don't know and likely most  people do not know is that disney was given *special* rights. I believe that's what they're talking about undoing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is my understanding that Disney owns several thousand acres here in Central Texas NW of Austin. So they could move, but it would be frying pan to fire, I think Texas has learned from Florida on this.
View Quote

Disney has 27,000 acres here. Factor in the winter weather. The parks here never close. The ones in Texas close for the winter.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not mad at all. I'm just not a niave child and I understand how the real world works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol you mad bro?  Uh one might say the political winds blew against him multiple times so far and he was middle fingers up

Don't get pissy because Florida was saved and Texas I get  .
Ok.

So post the evidence that desantis is trying to pull the wool over people's eyes and is screwing us right now.

He's doing what, for the most part, SHOULD be done.

Should we punish him for that, or reward good behavior in our politicians?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You do understand what we are talking about here is that the Florida legislature gave Disney state power as a municipality, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not a well known fact outside of the state. Likely not well known outside of orange and seminole county.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#25]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek_Improvement_District#Governance

The District headquarters are in a building in Lake Buena Vista, east of Disney Springs.[14] The District runs the following services, primarily serving Disney:

Law enforcement – Officers from Orange County, Osceola County and the Florida Highway Patrol are contracted to police the district. In addition, the Walt Disney Company employs about 800 security staff in their Disney Safety and Security division. While Disney security maintains a fleet of private security Chevrolet Equinoxes equipped with flashing amber and green lights, flares, traffic cones, and chalk commonly used by police officers, arrests and citations are issued by the Florida Highway Patrol along with the Orange County and Osceola County sheriffs deputies.
   Disney security personnel are involved with traffic control and may only issue personnel violation notices to Disney and RCID employees, not the general public.[2] Security vans previously had red lightbars, but after public scrutiny following the death of Robb Sipkema,[15] were changed to amber to fall in line with Florida State Statutes.[16]
   Environmental protection: Many pieces of land have been donated to the Florida Department of Environmental Regulation and the South Florida Water Management District as conservation easements, and the District collects data and ensures that large portions remain in their natural wetland state.[14]
   Building codes and land-use planning – The "EPCOT Building Codes" were implemented to provide the sort of flexibility that the innovative community of EPCOT would require. The provisions contained therein, although rumored to be exceptionally stringent, have in fact never been far and above those of the Standard Building Code or the Florida Building Code (FBC) that is currently in force in the rest of Florida. In fact, since the inception of the International Building Code (IBC) in 2000, the EPCOT Building Code defers much of its design parameters to the IBC-based FBC, and many of the reference standards contained therein. Particularly with regard to wind design, today's standards are better than the ones that previously existed, and today's RCID buildings are built to withstand 110 mph (180 km/h) winds. Hurricane Charley (2004) reached maximum sustained winds estimated 85 mph (137 km/h) at the nearby Orlando International Airport but winds were lower on RCID property. Although the codes are ostensibly updated on a three-year cycle, the most recent and currently used version of the EPCOT Building Codes is the 2018 version.[17][14]
   Utilities – wastewater treatment and collection, water reclamation, electric generation and distribution, solid waste disposal, potable water, natural gas distribution, and hot and chilled water distribution are managed through Reedy Creek Energy Services, which has been merged with the Walt Disney World Company[14]
   Roads – Many of the main roads in the District are public roads maintained by the District, while minor roads and roads dead-ending at attractions are private roads maintained by Disney; in addition, state-maintained Interstate 4 and U.S. Highway 192 pass through the District, as does part of the right-of-way of County Road 535 (formerly State Road 535).[14]
View Quote

*This* is what the state is talking about taking away from them and make it just like everywhere else  in the state.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:33:21 PM EDT
[#26]
No corporation should have its own governmental agencies
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I passed that milestone a long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
No corporation should have its own governmental agencies
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
DeSantis is the one reason I regret moving out of Florida.  I hope I get to vote for him for President.
View Quote

I’m a part timer for a couple more years I hope he stays the n Fl for 4 more then runs for president when I’m in WY full time. Thats like winning the life lottery
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#30]
If you don’t think this guy will do his best to fix our fucked up country you’re out of your fucking mind.

DeSantis 2024
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would. Trump isn't nearly as bad as Biden, I love his economic policies, but holy shit, DeSantis has such better social policies: I'll take a hardcore Florida conservative Republican over a New York liberal Republican.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:02:01 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm getting real fucking tired of this globohomo bullshit.

You have to be mentally ill to say that preschoolers, kindergarteners, first-graders, second-graders or third-graders should be taught about this sort of shit. They shouldn't be taught about sexuality or gender identity (a mental illness) at all, especially not about two men sucking each other's dicks.

They're trying to indoctrinate children, and it's disgusting to anyone of sound mind and morals.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Fuck Vista Disney. They should pull Disney's self-governing bit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:03:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was at that point a while ago.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am sorry you feel that way. You should have been at that point about a year or two ago.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:20:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We just need him to do SOMETHING about improving our gun rights. Insane that we still don't have constitutional carry and we still have bans on binary triggers and such.
View Quote

Pushing Disney's shit in is a baby step in that direction.

Economically, Florida is really just a bigger version of where I grew up before cityiots came.
I've said in threads past.
Fix Florida's economy you don't only have a money printer and render the left irrelevant...you also wind up with pro2A things being done.

How? Why? Simple.
Join the rpof. Attend the meetings. You'll come across retirees, small business owners, farmers/ranchers etc.

One was a charter boat captain. He was proud as hell to support the offshore drilling ban/indoor vape ban because of "if" there's a leak, his business is doomed.
I argued with him and he got legitimately pissed when I said The left thanks you for doing their hard work and heavy lifting for them, you'll come to regret this decision some day.

Fast forward to when the Shanghai shivers kicked off and someone wasn't deemed essential...

Attachment Attached File

For someone so opposed to welfare and abusing tax payer dollars, someone who vehemently hates the free shit army...
They sure had no issues with signing up for some of that .gov funny money.

Turns out I was right. Twice.
Once for mocking the fuckers business model of hustle during snowbird season then lay-off everyone and budget out the remainder of the year.
Second for watching him piss an opportunity away to use that fucking license to run roughnecks/supplies/equipment etc to the oil rigs off the coast and make 5k each time he fires the boat up year round AND have Muh sport fishinz too.

Second example, a self professed gun rights activist bar/lounge owner.
I support the second!
But...

The but? Open carry. That's too much 2A.
Open carry would scare his customer base. That base? "Back home" retirees, and tourists.

Never mind the mcmansion/hoa builders... how dare you make all that noise shooting pistols rifles shotguns in your back yard! There's anti gun state transplants terrified of guns, neurotic suburbanites looking to upgrade scared of noise/adopting the lefts think of the childrenz bullshit.
If you did it anyway, hoa can make a move and get it shut down.

Most are pro2A until it might impact their wallet and chase away tourist/retiree consumer base.
The folly of a seasonal and agricultural economy.

Shit can a couple dozen beach side condos and tiki bars/lounges, put in a couple ports, ship building yards.
Shit can the HOAs and golf courses for something worth while. Oil refinery. Production plant. Manufacturing. Engineering. Something worthwhile...

Here's what I don't understand.
How come floridabros don't see the opportunity and remain complacent?

Makes no sense to me...

The other argument aside from Muh environmentz left, is that false dichotomy of: if expanding economy and increase industry/manufacturing/production type things, then surely toxic wasteland...

I don't know. There were factories, plants, and mills where I grew up that paid highschool drop outs 40-50k (depending what shift they worked) to start.
Where I live the median income is 43k per household per year.
That's fucking bad.
There wasn't contaminated water, there wasn't polluted soil, there wasn't ash/toxic fumes wafting in the breeze. But if you lemmings insist...

I mean this when I say this.
Build for you and your kids/grandkids. Stop building for them.
Or enjoy your liberal overlords.
As someone who has seen and experienced their fuckery first hand, when I speak of back home it's not a brag/flex. It's a fucking warning.

3 things they hate
1. Jobs that pay. Hence why Muh fight for 15 passed here.
Keep building for them. Keep asking where's all the good workers. Bro, nobody but illegals and junkies are going to be grooming those lawns for 10 bucks an hour in this heat and humidity. They'll laugh their ass off and go sling coffee at starcucks and tacos at taco bell for 15 per hour.
But you knew this...right?

What is lending credibility wholesale to the left?
Low wage shit tier jobs. Breeds free shit army recruits.

2. Jobs that pay AND don't demand a degree.
One thing the left is prouder than a peacock for, is owning academics.
Boomers and commies both love Muh degreez.
Both are ignorant to the debt associated with it.

Which is why I practice what I preach for 2 reasons.
Don't lend credibility to the left in free shit army recruits/Muh debt forgiveness.
Don't lend credibility to the left in know it all because Muh degree doh, but knows fuck all and can't fix a sandwich let alone a wheel barrow never mind a gas/diesel.

3. Energy.
I didn't support banning off shore drilling.
I'm not scared of an "if".
I'm not bothered by viewing oil rigs from the beach, in fact... that would improve the view. I'd be looking out at money printers going brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Muh viewz! Reee! Go retire to lawngisland, California then.

I live less than 10 miles away from a nuke reactor. That doesn't scare me.
If there was a way to have one of my own, I would.
I'd have a reactor in the back yard, powering the house, pool, and an oil pump in the front yard and a refinery in the side yard.
Hell, maybe even an electric arc smelting furnace on the other side of the yard to make steel/aluminum/brass etc.

If you think that's crazy...
Consider this.
Environmentalmidgets banned offshore drilling for oil in Florida.
Both left and right.
You say antifa and blm is the lefts useful idiots. Try again. Try old money busy body neurotic cunts that fly Trump flags, convinced you can't have nice things or domestic manufacturing/production because toxic wasteland.

You'd be surprised to find out how many are in fact I support the 2nd BUT. When it comes to $ or the potential to lose $.
Complacency reigns supreme. Don't go expanding or changing the economy...
There's credibility to lend wholesale to left. God fucking forbid we go scaring the tourists and retirees...or Muh viewz Muh environmentz and other irrelevant feelz noises.

Fix the states economy. You will have pro2A things.
Keep it hobbled by Muh Disney Tropicana tourismz hospitality/customer service, and the only thing being manufactured in measurable quantity being mcmansions and tract homes... yeah... You'll get to see what I fought against and lost to back home...

No reason that charter boat Cap'n couldn't mount quad 50s on that center console and towed junk boats out for tourists to annihilate and become reef.
No reason he couldn't run both sport fishing and contract for exxon or whoever has rigs drilling out there.

Complacency. It kills.
There's a major folly with a seasonal economy...
Leaves the door wide open for the left to come a running promising free shit for votes.
While reducing your rights to subjective privileges at best.

Fix the economy? You might have something closer to what the founding fathers intended in regards to a 2A.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#39]
For gifts for all the niece's & nephews have been given, what they wanted

Disney gift cards - never again

This helped with family trips , plus when they see the mouse, they don't drive down the 3hrs to visit me

That ends now,  I'd rather they come down and visit me and take them to the range or fishing.

Turn the bloody theme park in to a  WMA-wildlife management area, like the man said its full of deer

FUCK THE MOUSE
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Disney not moving Disney World. There not going to find anyone else that will give them special government powers. If thet move just to be away from conservatives they still need a state with good weather. Which means expanding Disney Land to Disney World proportions. Even Disney does not have the money to buy that much land. Plus there is rebuilding very expensive attractions  Getting the equivalent amount of water they need is impossible. If they try it would take many years where they are not making money. Once Disney World Florida is out of the control of Disney law it doesn't matter if they move. Any crime they committed there they are still liable for. It doesn't magically all go away. Moving doesn't stop fines and criminal charges.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Desantis is as based as they come!
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Disney has gone to hell. Wtf happened to the happy family experience?
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, there was a discussion about this recently on here and the general consensus, which I think is accurate, is that Disney could leave and there'd be a few hiccups with the employees finding new work elsewhere, but in general FL wouldn't sink/crash/burn/whatever the way some people think it would.  Plenty of other parks, plenty of tourism, lots of DoD presence/jobs, etc...

FL would be fine if the park went tits up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The mouse can pack his bags and leave. Fl doesn’t need him. Plenty of other theme parks in that area.

Yeah, there was a discussion about this recently on here and the general consensus, which I think is accurate, is that Disney could leave and there'd be a few hiccups with the employees finding new work elsewhere, but in general FL wouldn't sink/crash/burn/whatever the way some people think it would.  Plenty of other parks, plenty of tourism, lots of DoD presence/jobs, etc...

FL would be fine if the park went tits up.

Agreed!

I would imagine a pull out by Disney would be a lot more complex then just saying bye. It would cost them millions, not from just the loss of revenue gained by park attendees….. but just the clean up of the properties. Florida has some pretty stringent environmental laws…. Disney wouldn’t just be able to walk away.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Particularly considering Florida was one of the first of the shall issue states that helped get that ball rolling.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Disney got their own municipality/county because Walt and Roy told Florida they planned to build "The City of Tomorrow". There was going to be a city with skyscrapers and 50,000 workers and commuter rail (monorail). All centrally-planned and managed. Walt planned to lure corporate HQs of companies like IBM to the new city in Florida. It was a classic bait-and-switch. Instead of building a city they built a bunch of theme parks, bars, restaurants, and time-shares.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
One thing Trump did very well was expose how deep the rot really goes
View Quote
Trump's biggest accomplishment was showing us what a waste of time being the POTUS is for our side.
What did he really accomplish? The entirety of DC... Dems, Rs, the bureaucracy, the media, the intelligence community, all hamstrung him from Day 1.
After maybe 6 months in office, Biden (or those behind him) had erased almost all evidence that Trump was even there for four years.
DeSantis won't be any different. The Swamp is already compiling the dossier that will cripple his Presidency before it even begins.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reedy_Creek_Improvement_District#Governance

*This* is what the state is talking about taking away from them and make it just like everywhere else  in the state.
View Quote

And it should take it away.

The wiki link is partially correct regarding the Epcot code, but in actual use, its way worse than anywhere else in Florida. The funny thing is, Epcot code is only used in Florida.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nonsense.
I'm not doing what they are doing.
Removing Disney’s special privilege is completely in keeping with conservative/libertarian beliefs.
Disney gets special governmental benefits from that status that their competitors, SeaWorld and Universal Studios don't get. As a principled free market conservative I'm sure you are appalled by the government picking winners and losers and want to end those handouts.

How exactly is that "abusing power"?

I don't believe in violence, that doesn't mean I have to let you beat me to death. It does mean I will use the least amount of violence to end the threat you pose.

I want free markets and corporations staying out of politics. I will endorse least amount of coercion necessary to achieve that goal

If we play by your rules, which are "liberals can run roughshod over anyone anytime, but we have to fight by the Marquis of Queensbury rules" you just guarantee we lose. Every single time.
Some "conservatives" think that it's better to lose with "honor" than actually win.
View Quote

Quoted:

What you don't know and likely most  people do not know is that disney was given *special* rights. I believe that's what they're talking about undoing.
View Quote

Again, if this was because there was an incident that was contributed to/exacerbated by the nature of this arrangement, it would make sense to reevaluate it. For example, it think someone alluded to OCP from Robocop earlier in the thread. Had Disney launched a “robocop” that failed and resulted in a massacre, it would make sense to do a root cause and find this arrangement was part of it.

That’s not what is happening here. What is happening is political pressure is being exerted on a business in attempts to gain acquiescence. That is improper use of authority. Just like threatening to shut down businesses that don’t play stupid COVID rules or don’t want to bake a cake for someone.

Whether or not the deal should’ve been struck in the first place is beside the point. That’s a very complicated issue. Would FL be as successful had Disney never come?  Because Disney’s success drew a lot of other business in, and made it viable for tax revenue to be placed on non-residents. Who actually benefits more, Disney or the state?  Again, that’s a separate discussion.

The concern isn’t the arrangement. The arrangement is being used as leverage to try to force compliance. Not appropriate.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The concern isn’t the arrangement. The arrangement is being used as leverage to try to force compliance. Not appropriate.
View Quote

The concern IS the arrangement and it's TOTALLY appropriate.  You're simply wrong.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top