Link Posted: 7/8/2013 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Points made with the snatch grabber.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
it isnt on netflix by chance??
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The fight between dan and the captain is the best deadwood scene ever.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nope.

Very few premium cable tv shows on Netflix.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who? Wu ... Cocksucka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtObLJ1yXvU

I literally laughed so hard I was crying at the scene with Wu trying to explain what happened.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its on HBO-GO, whole series.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Sometimes that all there is, just one vile f$(&ing task after another.

I was close see link below.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Just finished watching the series (again) this weekend.

One of the best......but I really, really hate how it ends. A show of this magnitude deserved a proper ending.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe_lJl3FFmE

Best fight scene ever. Hard to pick best scene. Lots of good examples posted so far.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

One of the best......but I really, really hate how it ends. A show of this magnitude deserved a proper ending.

It was all set to have a 4th season and HBO baled at the last minute.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HBO decided to kill Deadwood in order to fund more cocksucking Sopranos seasons.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#16]
a sort of a miracle of a show. very expensive with a huge cast. the buildings on the set were supposedly real, inside and out, unlike most sets where they are simply fronts where needed. the insides had what you'd expect in a real western town. supposedly the actors got to feeling like a family. remember the guy with the antler that he would hold up like he was worshiping something? and the 'mayor'? not to mention wu and his pigs and powers booth.

i miss that show like no other since it was cancelled.

its influence on various things is interesting.

there is a very good 'fantasy/sword and sorcery' book by joe aberchrombie called 'red country' that is obviously heavily influenced by the show. worth a look if you like that sort of thing.

many, many folks miss that show still. the dialogue was unique. some called it shakespear in the west...

alas, it went they way of rome and a few other shows that were expensive. the last show was fucked up. search around, milch wash gonna have some sort of final battle with wu's chinese army and hearst's pinkertons but he rewrote and edited the last show and left it a mess.

milch is an interesting person. with talent who has mis-fired several times since with john from cincinnati and 'luck' which with its cast, including dustin hoffman and with michael mann directing (heat) should have been a shoe-in.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HBO decided to kill Deadwood in order to fund more cocksucking Sopranos seasons.

I read yesterday that the original plan was (2) "movies" on HBO to wrap up the series. As of a few years ago, they were still going back and forth with the idea..but it's now dead.

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Best show in the history of television to date.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, when you're taking wild frontier forest and carving civilization into it you're going to need some pretty rough fellas.

Manifest Destiny.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Best damn street fight scene I've seen to this day on film or tv.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who? Wu ... Cocksucka

A most excellent scene. First time I saw that I was laughing my ass off.

I also chuckle every time at the scene where they kill Hearst's man in either the last episode or one before that and Al is on the balcony yelling over to Hearst asking him if his guy was back yet with his message.
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/9/2013 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Who? Wu ... Cocksucka

Quoted:

Best fight scene , evah .

I hated Hurst and his fuck-stick Captain .....I laughed , loud and long when Dan ripped his eyeball out Musta rewound that scene a half dozen times .

Link Posted: 7/9/2013 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Best show ever, to bad hollywood is filled with a bunch of retarded cocksuckers

The show as extremely expensive to produce. If I recall correctly part of the problem was the guy in charge went way beyond the call of duty to keep the show authentic looking. I appreciate that, but it would have been nice to have some more content instead of killing it due to it being over budget.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best show ever, to bad hollywood is filled with a bunch of retarded cocksuckers

The show as extremely expensive to produce. If I recall correctly part of the problem was the guy in charge went way beyond the call of duty to keep the show authentic looking. I appreciate that, but it would have been nice to have some more content instead of killing it due to it being over budget.

I read the same. They even went to the point of using period fabrics in the costumes, hand sewn, to preserve authenticity.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
HBO is really good at making great series and then totally fucking up the ending.  Rome was awesome and was set up for one hell of an awesome third season and the sons of bitches just stopped right there after two seasons.  I have a serious love/hate relationship with hbo, but i mostly hate their asses.  They suck ass at planning ahead.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
HBO is really good at making great series and then totally fucking up the ending.  Rome was awesome and was set up for one hell of an awesome third season and the sons of bitches just stopped right there after two seasons.  I have a serious love/hate relationship with hbo, but i mostly hate their asses.  They suck ass at planning ahead.

I loved 'Rome' but I can't really blame HBO for that one.

'Rome' was the most expensive show in the history of tv and the ratings were average.  Plus HBO made 'Rome' with BBC and when BBC announced they couldn't extended their two year contract that meant HBO would have to pay 100% of the costs.

At least they were given two full seasons and were given plenty of warning the show was being cancelled.  That's far more than 'Firefly' got from Fox.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#28]
IIRC, HBO has said they regret cancelling 'Deadwood' and 'Rome.'

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It was on the DVD plan portion when I watched it thru Netflix
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was on the DVD plan portion when I watched it thru Netflix

When someone asks if something is on Netflix they almost always mean "is it on Netflix steaming" because Netflix has pretty much everything available via mail.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#31]
I would say that if Deadwood was complete, I would go and buy it right now for the good quality video and support HBO. Something I've only done for Band of Brothers and will eventually do for Game of Thrones.

I caught onto Deadwood right after it was cancelled so it's their loss, money wise. Yeah, it may have been expensive but their marketing sucked on that. They've done a tremendous job marketing True Blood and to a lesser extent Game of Thrones. It'll pay dividends greatly. Meh.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
3rd best show ever behind Soprano's & Breaking Bad as #1.

My sig line is from Al Swearingen.

Your math is a little off, but you have the right idea.

Deadwood and The Wire are tied for best show ever.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd rather try touching the moon than take on a whore's thinking.

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It gets better and better.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Now all you have to do is convince Joanie.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Mark my words, the absolute best character of the entire series is Steve the town drunk.  You'll see why later.

What is wrong with you?    Wu is the best character on the show.

It is an awesome series and you will be hooked.  I wish it didn't end so soon.

Hang di....San Fransisco .....cocksucker!!!!

Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]
If you pay attention the show is also bloody hilarious at times, and then it can be soul crushing the next scene. The preacher has to be the saddest character in the history of television. Also when shit goes down it happens fast and the repercussions of said event really translate well to the viewer.

Also for all you Jericho fans, Hearst is one menacing MF.

Oh and Kristen bell getting murdered....very good scene.

Swearenger is the obvious favorite as he is the most complex character on the show, but charlie utter is also fantastic and under appreciated. I'd wager that utter is the ballsiest character on the show where as bullock just has the biggest temper.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Two Cocksuckers!
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Was a great show. I need to buy the set and watch it again.

Oh yeah cocksukas!
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Any of you have problems with the DVD sets? I bought mine new some time ago and many of the discs are fucked up right from the get go. No scratches or anything, just looks like it was a crappy production (same thing on several different DVD players).
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Paging Wundabweel (sp)?
 I love reading his posts in the voice of Al Swearengen, try it, you'll see

"You must have trained with the Heathens; come upon us unbeknownst.

I've watched the whole set back to back in a weekend more than once, what a great time to live!
People said what they meant, and in an eloquent to the point fashion. Got a beef, settle it out in
The thoroughfare, and move on.Look at us now,
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#41]
cocksucker!
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
3rd best show ever behind Soprano's & Breaking Bad as #1.

My sig line is from Al Swearingen.

Your math is a little off, but you have the right idea.

Deadwood and The Wire are tied for best show ever.

The Wire was the best TV show ever made. Deadwood was ONE of the best ever made.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#43]
This was epic television.  I just finished re-watching the series over the last few days.  Anyone else ever noticed that the majority of single actions in this series are Ruger Vaqueros?
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#44]
See, I told you that Wu is the best character on the show.  Swerengin is fun to watch, but that is to be expected since he is a main character.
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've watched the whole set back to back in a weekend more than once, what a great time to live!
People said what they meant, and in an eloquent to the point fashion. Got a beef, settle it out in

Great time to live

Smallpox, half of your children not making it past 5, sewage in the streets, flies every where, clean food meant only a few bugs in it, people bathed maybe once a month, no toilet paper.....yeah fuck that.

Go live in Monrovia if you feel like romanticizing the past.

LIBERIA
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Steve the Drunk's rants are the best
Link Posted: 7/12/2013 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great time to live

Smallpox, half of your children not making it past 5, sewage in the streets, flies every where, clean food meant only a few bugs in it, people bathed maybe once a month, no toilet paper.....yeah fuck that.

Go live in Monrovia if you feel like romanticizing the past.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/TropeOdellMarchbanks_1740.jpg

LIBERIA

Reminds me of something I read recently....the real Charlie Utter was an unusual dandy.

Utter cut a notable figure; although only five and a half feet tall, he is reported as being extremely meticulous in his appearance, highly unusual for that place and time. He had long, flowing blond hair and mustache, perfectly groomed, wore hand-tailored fringed buckskins, fine linen shirts, beaded moccasins, and a large silver belt buckle, and carried a pair of gold, silver, and pearl ornamented pistols. He would allow nobody into his tent, even Hickok, on pain of being shot; in his tent he slept under the highest quality blankets, imported from California, and carried with him mirrors, combs, razors, and whisk brooms. Most unusual of all, he was well known for his "bizarre habit" of bathing daily.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Check out that sow, Tina, Doc. When opportunity presents, that ain't the whiff of roses when she passes.

Brilliant writing and absolutely outstanding acting by Ian McShane. He sucks me into the show every time. I can't think of any other actor that could do that.
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

"Run for your fucking life" ! ( Al mufukkin' Swearingen).

My personal favorite line.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#50]

The Wire was the best TV show ever made. Deadwood was ONE of the best ever made.

I have The wire boxed set, & seasons 1 -2 of Deadwood.  And BoB boxed set.  

Wire
Deadwood (1 - 2)
BoB

But all are spectacular
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top