Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I like them but I predict they will become another chick/mom mobile like the Wrangler, 4runner, FJ Cruiser, Land/Range Rover, etc. Might get one for the wife, but I still don’t get either why it’s built on the new Ranger frame with a 4cl turbo and not a V6 or 5.0. Also no solid front axle. Saw one next to a Rubicon and it looked smaller. It’s pretty sad but the “Gladiator” (dumb name, should have been “Apache”) seems to be the manliest of the bunch. A truck is way more capable for about 99% of tasks anyway.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

It seems the ones giving me the most flak about not considering the first gen are old enough to have bought a gen 1 Bronco when they came out in 1966 so that would put them at 70+ years old which explains the snarky attitude for not including their original.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ah yes, more like my 1990 Eddie Bauer? Ride like a brick, 10mpg whether I was towing a boat or just cruising down the highway, and oh that road noise.

Still loved it.
View Quote

My 88 was a total piece of shit.

I miss it as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I kinda like it.
Didn’t at first.
don’t like the sport though

Definitely like it more than the new Blazer and Cherokee
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Get both
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they had made it like the 80’s - 90’s generation, sure they would have sold some but it wouldn’t have exploded in sales like this model has. Ford can’t make them fast enough and they’ve suspended orders until October of 22 because of demand.

From groceries to Moab - the excitement over this vehicle wouldn’t had been matched with a 90’s remake
View Quote

I have to agree with this. The true full size Broncos are popular but not like the original is. The 74 to 79 ford trucks are in my opinion the best looking trucks ever made, making the 78 and 79 Broncos my favorite ones.

A friend has one of the new ones. Looks very cool. One thing I noticed is all the accessory here placards all over it. Like its a reminder that you should have gotten an option or it's to tell everyone that this thing bolted down here was optional. Very tacky.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually the new full size Bronco reminds me of the old International Scout's. My BIL had one and I was impressed with it. I own a '95 Bronco and drive it daily while my Chysler 300 is broke down. The Bronco is still getting er done.

Here's a '78 Scout.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#8]
If they would have made them with vinyl floor cover (no carpet) and seats (to burn your ass in the summer), crank windows, and a carburetor they would have sold a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It seems the ones giving me the most flak about not considering the first gen are old enough to have bought a gen 1 Bronco when they came out in 1966 so that would put them at 70+ years old which explains the snarky attitude for not including their original.
View Quote

I am 37 and even my wife knows the new bronco looks like the original bronco

You made a stupid statement, and keep doubling down OP.

Fuckin ‘21’ers
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the new one is OK, and probably a far better vehicle than the TTB 90s junk.

Really the only thing that'd keep me away is the 2.7 (and I'd prefer a hardtop).

Once you have a fullsize pickup and a car you realize the answer is get both and do-all vehicles suck.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's not "their original"...it's "The Original"!

Let me guess, you throw around the term "My Truth"!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fuckin ‘21’ers
View Quote

I am starting to agree with Striker that some members here are like children.
Everything is a pissing contest on who is right and wrong on every minute detail and how old the account is like they do in middle school.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Jeep sells a crap ton of Wrangles each year. They need some competition in the market. Ford delivered. Below video offered as evident to this clown court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPrgxO2lzo0
View Quote

Guessing you meant 'evidence'. That is a rather shill seeming video. Bunch of guys sponsored by Ford (and drive for Ford), wearing ford jackets, completely strip and throw aftermarket wheels and tires on a Bronco and call it "stock".. then take it on a trail, that isn't known for being that difficult, with a large support group. One that I just watched Dirt Every Day conquer with a Chevy Tracker on 27" tires. Meanwhile you see them snap tie rod ends like nothing attempting even mild Jeep trails, mud pits etc. The tie rods are 3-4 months backordered.

There is a company making a clam shell style reinforcement for the snappy part. (Video says 90-day back order for factory tie rod, which is what I have still been hearing as of a few weeks ago).

Why are the New Ford Bronco Tie Rods Failing?

It is the price you pay for IFS.. well they could have made them beefier. They should be more everyday livable then a Jeep because of it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That first pic is not an original style Bronco.
View Quote

In defense of the OP, 1978-1979, 1980-1986 were not bad....my first Bronco was new 1982, 300 inline 6, 4-speed with the granny low gear and L/S rear was an absolute beast of a truck....the one vehicle I really can kick myself for selling....

This is the original Bronco....my 1977 28 years ago when I got it home

And pics of the frame off that is in progress now

Before and after of the engine

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Actually the new full size Bronco reminds me of the old International Scout's. My BIL had one and I was impressed with it. I own a '95 Bronco and drive it daily while my Chysler 300 is broke down. The Bronco is still getting er done.

Here's a '78 Scout.

https://i.ibb.co/yR5jT7G/iu-16.jpg
View Quote

The original Bronco was a copy of the original Scout. The Scout 80 and Scout 800.. and the Scout II is a bigger version of those. So spot on.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

And others are bundles of sticks with either a missing or extra chromosome, this place really runs the gamut.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't feel bad, they fuckrd up Maverick even worse.
View Quote

Both vehicles completely sold out for the next couple years and demanding high ADM...yeah  bad job Ford did, obviously.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And others are bundles of sticks with either a missing or extra chromosome, this place really runs the gamut.
View Quote

Go to Ford Bronco fan forum you will find subject matter experts there that know everything and anything on Broncos.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Both vehicles completely sold out for the next couple years and demanding high ADM...yeah  bad job Ford did, obviously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Context is really hard for some people. He was clearly referring to the name, like the clueless OP.

A "Ford Maverick" should look something like this:

Ford did a great job.. on marketing and maybe pricing? Can't really say much else until the guinea pigs get theirs delivered. (I'm not a first MY type person)
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, you're getting push back because you're positing that Ford messed up by not making the Bronco as a rehash of the full size, even though their surveys all stated the majority wanted homage to the first gen. Sales figure have borne this out.
Go ahead and continue to double down though.

Nick
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Everything is a pissing contest on who is right and wrong on every minute detail and how old the account is like they do in middle school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin '21'ers

You'd be catching a lot less grief if you didn't start a post with clearly very little knowledge on the subject matter and then attempt to walk it back like what you said isn't what you meant.

Your original thread title should have remained as it was so everyone else posting could see why the initial replies were so harsh.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#22]
OP is right. The bronco model he posted is peak bronco and the one they should have designed the new one off of. Probably explains why the new one looks like ass and isn’t selling. Only mouth breathing bros in white sun glasses, flat brims and monster stickers would buy the one they made.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Look,

We all know that the history of Broncos pretty much boils down to the full-sized/SUV and the smaller one....

Regardless of the two, the monstrosity they are passing off as Broncos now a days is a shitty Land Rover Defender - nothing close to a Jeep and/or a Bronco.

Ford failed....and if it really wanted to celebrate bringing back the Bronco, they should have opted to reboot the full-sized/SUV....but nooooooo, now a days a bunch of slack-jawed F-s driving vehicles now a days - where testosterone levels need to be checked and a bunch of Karens thinking they are driving some sort of vehicle with power to it
View Quote
To each there own.  

I think Ford did a great job with the styling.

As far as performance goes, stock for stock, the new Bronco would absolutely destroy a 5th Gen in every way shape or form, with the exception of cargo capacity.  

I just don't see a big two door wagon selling well.  Ford needed a Jeep competitor.  Before the recent craziness, 5th gens were also a dime a dozen.  Anybody who wanted one could go get one.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you're still struggling with the definition of "original." There's an "original" of something, and then versions that came after said original. You don't get to pick an original based on "the first one you remember." That's not how "original" works. Like at all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like them but I predict they will become another chick/mom mobile like the Wrangler, 4runner, FJ Cruiser, Land/Range Rover, etc. Might get one for the wife, but I still don't get either why it's built on the new Ranger frame with a 4cl turbo and not a V6 or 5.0. Also no solid front axle. Saw one next to a Rubicon and it looked smaller. It's pretty sad but the "Gladiator" (dumb name, should have been "Apache") seems to be the manliest of the bunch. A truck is way more capable for about 99% of tasks anyway.
View Quote
Why wouldn't you just buy what you like, instead of worrying about what makes you look more manly?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The new Broncos are an abomination.  They do the gen 1 no justice.
View Quote

To me they look like a cheap, plastic toy.  Like the whole front end might shatter the first time it hits a pothole on a city street.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

To me they look like a cheap, plastic toy.  Like the whole front end might shatter the first time it hits a pothole on a city street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

The Bronco has a real bumper, unlike 99% of the other shit on the market.  That includes most "real trucks".
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You'd be catching a lot less grief if you didn't start a post with clearly very little knowledge on the subject matter and then attempt to walk it back like what you said isn't what you meant.

Your original thread title should have remained as it was so everyone else posting could see why the initial replies were so harsh.
View Quote

No, this is my thread and I can change titles how I see fit and those who try to mock me on every little minute detail trying to look superior can go pound sand I wish goatboy would have followed through on allowing thread creators to ban troublemaking posters from their thread.
Go to a Ford Bronco forum and show them your wise all knowing intellect on Broncos there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, they totally nailed it with the engineering prowess and perfect design.  

If the sheeple bandwagon picks up anymore steam, they might start to approach the number of 16-yr old girls driving Jeep Wranglers with oversized mud tires and winches.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think you're still struggling with the definition of "original." There's an "original" of something, and then versions that came after said original. You don't get to pick an original based on "the first one you remember." That's not how "original" works. Like at all.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The original Bronco was a copy of the original Scout. The Scout 80 and Scout 800.. and the Scout II is a bigger version of those. So spot on.

View Quote
Sports cars have never done anything for me; not even when I was little. If I won the lottery, I'd have a warehouse full of badass trucks and SUVs, and I'd be driving around in something like this!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Pre Twin Beam Bronco's where best Bronco's.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Seems like they hit it right on the money since they are selling everyone they make.

It's like the arguments for the stripped down cars and trucks.  They don't make them because they don't sell.

For is doing fine with the Bronco and the Bronco Sport.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What?

The Bronco has a real bumper, unlike 99% of the other shit on the market.  That includes most "real trucks".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

Looking at the pics someone posted of the bronco and it’s similarity to a Ford Flex, I guess that’s the version I am thinking of.  What marketing genius gave the same name to both a crossover suv and the “other” bronco at the same time?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#35]
I would love a FS Chevy Blazer that was modern. Like the early 2000’s 2 door Tahoe with 6.2 LS. Shocks like the Z2, lockers front and rear, factory winch and auxiliary lighting. Rhino lined floors and durable and comfortable seats.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#36]

I had one…….my favorite vehicle I’ve owned.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No, this is my thread and I can change titles how I see fit and those who try to mock me on every little minute detail trying to look superior can go pound sand I wish goatboy would have followed through on allowing thread creators to ban troublemaking posters from their thread.
Go to a Ford Bronco forum and show them your wise all knowing intellect on Broncos there.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/crycryGirl-329.gif

He's gotta be trolling! That's the only logical answer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Striker was right I am afraid some of you should get your homework finished for school tomorrow.
Everything here is a big deal to you guys because this is what all your life is about only ARFCOM and being right on every fucking detail and subject at all times on a internet forum with strangers who most will never meet in person.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Striker was right I am afraid some of you should get your homework finished for school tomorrow.
Everything here is a big deal to you guys because this is what all your life is about only ARFCOM and being right on every fucking detail and subject at all times on a internet forum with strangers who most will never meet in person.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#41]

This awaits you tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#42]
1st gen vs 6th gen

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#43]
The one big thing is Ford screwed up naming the Fusion based SUV "Bronco Sport" WTF Ford, I believe that the "Real" Bronco was in development before the Sport version.

Ford could have used any other name for the sport and changed a few design clues.

So many people get confused about this name BS, the Sport is like a girl with bolt on's.

BTW, my personal pet peeve with the real Bronco is you need to jump to the Black Diamond package in order to get the vinyl seats and rubber flooring, WTF Ford?

I did the builds on a base 2 Dr with automatic vs a Black Diamond, 34k vs 43k WTF ?

The Wranglers here are like cabs in NYC, everywhere on the island, pull up at the local beach / restaurant location and I bet there are 10-15 shiny new rental jeeps parked, and 80% are the 4 doors.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I disagree with op completely. The concept he posted looks terrible to me.  An f150 suv? You mean a ford expedition that they make?
View Quote

Yes that concept looks like shit, as do 90's broncos.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The one big thing is Ford screwed up naming the Fusion based SUV "Bronco Sport" WTF Ford, I believe that the "Real" Bronco was in development before the Sport version.
View Quote

No, the screw up was when they decided to focus on getting the Bronco Sport out first when they realized the plandemic cornholed the supply-chain and they couldn't get them released at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Joseph Joestar "Oh No" and "Oh My God" Compilation
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I think it looks like the original Bronc, which looked like a Scout. I like mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top