BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So Ford made a ZL-1 1LE and charged 3x what Chevy did to do it?   The C8 Z06 costs half that much and has a flat plane that actually sounds like a flat plane.

The low volume is the only reason they can ask that much.  Worked for the various generations of the GT. Good for them if they can find buyers.

View Quote

This was my thought as well. Didnt the ZL1 1LE do the ring in the 7's already?

And the 'Maro is under $100k.

@xd341
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
This should do well for the Muricca! crowd that respects the higher end P cars.

I wish it were about 1/2 the cost and 20x the production numbers.

Maybe the concept trickles down to Z06+ levels during the facelift cycle.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@xd341
View Quote
ZL1 did a 7:16  The Z06 hasn't posted an official time yet, but the C7 Z did a 7:12 so the expectation is that the C8 will be sub 7.

The 1LE camaros are the performance bargain of the century and they still couldn't sell many. The SS 1LE isn't much slower around a track.   1LE has been around since the 4th Gen at least as a common option and nobody ever really knew about it.   Started out as one of GMs unadvertised RPOs for racers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ZL1 did a 7:16  The Z06 hasn't posted an official time yet, but the C7 Z did a 7:12 so the expectation is that the C8 will be sub 7.

The 1LE camaros are the performance bargain of the century and they still couldn't sell many. The SS 1LE isn't much slower around a track.   1LE has been around since the 4th Gen at least as a common option and nobody ever really knew about it.   Started out as one of GMs unadvertised RPOs for racers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@xd341

Spectators timed a prototype C8 Z06 w/Z07 package at 7:12 in traffic. I’d like to see an official number with a clear track.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're the first person I've heard say the Voodoo doesn't incredible. Voodoo had other issues but sound wasn't one of them.
View Quote

Put me in the didn’t like it crowd. First time I heard one, I thought Ford had put a six in it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this just a look at we can do but won't sell to you thing again? Like the 351w Cobra back in the 90's.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This should do well for the Muricca! crowd that respects the higher end P cars.

I wish it were about 1/2 the cost and 20x the production numbers.

Maybe the concept trickles down to Z06+ levels during the facelift cycle.
View Quote

The GT4 will likely be produced in numbers similar to the FP350S which full race ready.  Numbers were like 50 a year when offered and around 110-130k.

Think theybused GT350 as homologation for FP350S.

The new Dork Horse is meh.  It is jist a reskinned Mach 1 with the new dual throttle body engine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh god...Ford is going to royally fuck this up without questions.

Remember that last cool thing Ford did? The 5.2L voodoo flat plane....well the retards at ford managed to make a flat plane v8 sound like a bag of smashed ass holes screaming for help. A flat plane is supposed to sound like a symphony of dead dinosaur juice exploding under pressure and FIRE!

Instead they made a nasty sounding engine that sounds like a hoarse coyote is shitting out a stuck rock
View Quote
I think the Voodoo sounds badass.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Put me in the didn't like it crowd. First time I heard one, I thought Ford had put a six in it.
View Quote
I was expecting Ferrari and got...something else.   If I heard it without knowing what it was, flat plane V8 wouldn't have been my first guess.

It's a typical Ford move to do 95% of the work and then dick up some detail like firing order that kills the execution.

The C8 Z06 sounds like a flat plane should.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
It makes my eyes hurt.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Front looks like a Honda Civic.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I couldn't agree more, although I don't think the 1LE designation meant that much in terms of performance in the 4th gens. I'm a big 4th gen guy (owned 2 Z28's and one TA).

The 5th gen ZL1 1LE is on another level.

I'll be surprised if this GTD is more than a few tenths faster honestly. And at 3x the cost thats a loss for Ford when they're chasing after exotics.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Put me in the didn’t like it crowd. First time I heard one, I thought Ford had put a six in it.
View Quote

Adjust your ears.  It sounds NOTHING like a V6.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I couldn't agree more, although I don't think the 1LE designation meant that much in terms of performance in the 4th gens. I'm a big 4th gen guy (owned 2 Z28's and one TA).

The 5th gen ZL1 1LE is on another level.

I'll be surprised if this GTD is more than a few tenths faster honestly. And at 3x the cost thats a loss for Ford when they're chasing after exotics.
View Quote
The SLP SS cars were essentially the 1LE in the 4th gen I think.  I think most of them carried the RPO if not it was the same parts.  There was the B4C too, which was the police interceptor package, that carried most of the 1LE parts.

1LE started with the 3rd gen, it was really under the radar, you had to be a racer with a dealer connection to even hear about it. That's been a GM thing since the 60s
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You should write harlequin romance novels.
View Quote

This made me laugh this morning, thank for that sir.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're the first person I've heard say the Voodoo doesn't incredible. Voodoo had other issues but sound wasn't one of them.

same here voodoo sounds like fucking shit
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh god...Ford is going to royally fuck this up without questions.

Remember that last cool thing Ford did? The 5.2L voodoo flat plane....well the retards at ford managed to make a flat plane v8 sound like a bag of smashed ass holes screaming for help. A flat plane is supposed to sound like a symphony of dead dinosaur juice exploding under pressure and FIRE!

Instead they made a nasty sounding engine that sounds like a hoarse coyote is shitting out a stuck rock

it's terrible for a flat plane engine, flat plane v8s shouldn't sound like that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was expecting Ferrari and got...something else.   If I heard it without knowing what it was, flat plane V8 wouldn't have been my first guess.

It's a typical Ford move to do 95% of the work and then dick up some detail like firing order that kills the execution.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put me in the didn't like it crowd. First time I heard one, I thought Ford had put a six in it.

great post!
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yep, Ford reinvented the C5 Corvette...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a mid-engine.

"Fitting a transaxle that connects to the front-mounted engine via a carbon-fiber prop shaft shifts the balance of weight rearward. Ford claims the GTD has a nearly 50/50 front-rear balance"

Yep, Ford reinvented the C5 Corvette...

Tis truth..
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

it's terrible for a flat plane engine, flat plane v8s shouldn't sound like that.
View Quote

v8's shouldn't have flat planes
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Have to wait and see if this rings true...

More 300k dollar Mustangs but this time 60yr anniversary restomod "continuation" series

But you can get a 7.3...
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll get excited when they have a $30k model that isn't a flat plane 4 banger . Does it have A-arms up front or is it still Macpherson struts ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#25]

That's not a Mustang. It's a supercar made to slightly resemble a Mustang.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top