Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The dude is a trip, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your comments about unity and helping others are embarrassingly ironic.  

Go through his posting history. He’s a dogged contrarian. Once he posts on a subject, he doesn’t change his might no matter the amount of evidence provided in opposition.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Go through his posting history. He’s a dogged contrarian. Once he posts on a subject, he doesn’t change his might no matter the amount of evidence provided in opposition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your comments about unity and helping others are embarrassingly ironic.  

One of the last big pistol red dot threads he had multiple memes created in his honor
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, I’m well aware. His whole shtick apparently revolves around two guy who told him stories about RDS failures, putting people on his ignore list and calling people emotional as he spirals into a tizzy.

It’s pretty hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Just a comment about why I think this drill (and drills like it) is so important.

Training at longer distances makes you competent at those distances, BUT…

It makes you CONFIDENT and FASTER at ANY closer distance.

After I’d been doing service rifle intensely for a year (includes 200 yard offhand) I took my muzzle loader to the range to get ready for a hunt and discovered 100 yard offhand snap-shots were literally can’t-miss easy. All hesitation and doubt was gone because 100 yards felt like it was right in my face. Had similar experience with archery. I train to 70 yards and it makes 40 yards feel like cheating.

You train out to 50 yards with your defensive pistol and 20 yard shots will feel point-blank. Tighter/faster is the natural result.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was going to try it this weekend, but decided against it after finding out that you don’t like it.
View Quote

Somebody is ignoring the hate. I just heard a few 10 shot strings in my neighborhood that I know have to be a Big Dicken Drill.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I practice 50yds on a 9”x13” silhouette regularly.  It isn’t magic.  It’s practice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How is that so? 99% of pistol shooters never go past 15 yds.
View Quote

I carried a handgun as primary weapon for many years, starting in the revolver days, so I got pretty good at shooting them.

I also had the benefit of lots of tax payer funded schools and range time that most people don’t get.

If you have the range to do it explore what you are capable of, you will probably surprise yourself.

I’m not bragging, lots of better shooters on this board, I was just lucky to have the experience.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy fuck, I've never seen so much revolver hate from the small wiener community.

We need more people to carry, more people to support the 2nd amendment, more people out there ready to shoot back. And the community keep taking a giant shit on anyone who carries a revolver.

Have you ever even fired a revolver?

Keep going. Keep sowing hate in the community and then wonder why high cap bans and shit get enacted.

View Quote

I used to shoot in USPSA revolver division.

I like revolvers.

They're garbage, and I acknowledge this. Totally obsolete.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh, I’m well aware. His whole shtick apparently revolves around two guy who told him stories about RDS failures, putting people on his ignore list and calling people emotional as he spirals into a tizzy.

It’s pretty hilarious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s pretty hilarious.

I skipped to this page, so I don’t know who you’re talking about, yet somehow I already know who you’re talking about.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you suck, yeah.

The first time I shot it, and was all over the target, but I had 13 hits, and 13 rounds fired in just over 13 seconds.
The second time I shot it in 15:11 with 9 hits, 8 of which were solid A zone hits.

All after a 40 yard sprint.

I'm a trash tier shooter. You have to be better than me in order to not fuck this up - and I'm better than nearly every Fudd I've ever encountered; because I actually shoot my shit instead of jerking myself off over "common sense gun knowledge" at my local crotchety gun shop. If they shoot this at 1 round per second, they won't have time for their reload, assuming the 2.5 seconds it takes them to get their 1911 out of a Blackhawk Serpa.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's the metric,  what pistol drill do Fudds not hate?

this might the the ONLY drill I know of where 1 round per second is too fast
If you suck, yeah.

The first time I shot it, and was all over the target, but I had 13 hits, and 13 rounds fired in just over 13 seconds.
The second time I shot it in 15:11 with 9 hits, 8 of which were solid A zone hits.

All after a 40 yard sprint.

I'm a trash tier shooter. You have to be better than me in order to not fuck this up - and I'm better than nearly every Fudd I've ever encountered; because I actually shoot my shit instead of jerking myself off over "common sense gun knowledge" at my local crotchety gun shop. If they shoot this at 1 round per second, they won't have time for their reload, assuming the 2.5 seconds it takes them to get their 1911 out of a Blackhawk Serpa.

Just to see:

I wanna see just how hard I can fuck this drill with a G34 MOS with a Holosun SCS, a mag well, and a 19rd mag.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How do you know how he feels? You can't even spell.
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I skipped to this page, so I don’t know who you’re talking about, yet somehow I already know who you’re talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s pretty hilarious.

Same.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can we define “fudd”?
View Quote

"I support the 2nd Ammendment, but..."
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The movie Scrooged has a scene faithfully recreating the famed Dickens drill.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fudd, Elmer, 1 each, white in color, big hat, likes opera, hates rabbits, weapon of choice is a double barrel semi-auto shotgun with unlimited ammo.
View Quote

Cultural appropriation
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The fudds wil have to really practice reloading their Detective Specials and J-frames by hand to get below 10 seconds, or accept speedloaders as a necessary evil.
Kharny
View Quote

Not necessarily.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.
https://i.redd.it/5t1yhrr9kmb41.jpg
View Quote

THAT IS FREAKIN AWESOME
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Off to the range lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm going to do it with my Stacatto and my G17. And when the G17 is worse people will be like wow you suck train better wow bro you really need practice it's the Indian not the arrow wow.

No no..... turns out SAO and a RMR is really much better than striker fired with irons
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I carried a handgun as primary weapon for many years, starting in the revolver days, so I got pretty good at shooting them.

I also had the benefit of lots of tax payer funded schools and range time that most people don’t get.

If you have the range to do it explore what you are capable of, you will probably surprise yourself.

I’m not bragging, lots of better shooters on this board, I was just lucky to have the experience.

View Quote

I was able to drop by the range this week and did take a few shots at steel, I just don’t know the distance, much greater than 20 yds for sure, probably 50. I’ll update it when I find out. Anyway I did hit it a few times with my P365xl. I was pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
THAT IS FREAKIN AWESOME
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I Can Get Behind This!  All Day Long!
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The "Dicken Drill" makes me cringe.

the poor guy probably hates all this attention and masterbating but isn't allowed to speak yet about it.

he also didn't shoot all his rounds from the god tier 40 yards away  range.

he did a damn fine job stopping that threat, and has my respect.

I can appreciate people motivated to train some more because of this, but still.....

View Quote

Ok Fudd.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Legit lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Holy fuck, I've never seen so much revolver hate from the small wiener community.

We need more people to carry, more people to support the 2nd amendment, more people out there ready to shoot back. And the community keep taking a giant shit on anyone who carries a revolver.

Keep going. Keep sowing hate in the community and then wonder why high cap bans and shit get enacted.

View Quote

Boomer or Fudd? Can't tell.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Something like 10 shots at 40yrds in 15 seconds against a man size silhouette, gotta make 8 of the shots hits. However, as far as I can tell that's just not how things happened. From what I gather (and this could be completely wrong because I don't watch the news and I don't really care very much) he was walking toward the BG while engaging and using his non-firing hand to usher people dafuq out.

For the last 15 years I haven't practiced defensive handgun shooting in any way other than while moving except for a few drills at training classes. The training classes stressed mastering shooting in motion unless using solid cover so just standing there in one spot driving shots at a target wasn't something they spent much time on. In my opinion, if I'm not able to keep the X in motion while making reliable center mass hits then I'm training to have a duel, not a gunfight. If you want to train with some drill, train with it. Train with all the drills you can google up. If you only train one way then you're rehearsing, not training.

In any event, as far as I can tell, the Dicken drill is pretty much gunnie larping + mental masturbation meant to make people feel better about themselves while others pat them on the back for pretending to be as badass as Mr. Dicken apparently is. It is kinda neat though that we've got just unbelievable performances by 2 defensive shooters who are (apparently) essentially untrained. Mr. Rittenhouse, who's performance was nothing less than stunning given the dynamic situation & close range & the trigger control he executed. Mr. Dicken who seems to have dove into action with zero hesitation or fucks given and also seems to have not only behaved as a heroic keeper of his fellow man but also as a truly competent pistol driver in a dynamic long range situation where he displayed obviously fantastic scene control, communications, trigger control and sight picture.
View Quote

So much cope and seethe in one post...
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm going to do it with my Stacatto and my G17. And when the G17 is worse people will be like wow you suck train better wow bro you really need practice it's the Indian not the arrow wow.

No no..... turns out SAO and a RMR is really much better than striker fired with irons
View Quote

I did it with a Staccato/RMR and an open sight G17.

Staccato 8/10, G17 10/10 BUT the 8 rounds from the staccato landed more often in lethal areas.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Whoops DP
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Staccato 8/10, G17 10/10 BUT the 8 rounds from the staccato landed more often in lethal areas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9/10 with one X and the other on paper but not on silhouette.  2011/RMR

5/10 with no Xs/10/9s. One headshot (so I guess if that counts 6/10) two on paper outside silhouette and one total miss.  G17
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Funds are Fudds for Fudd reasons. Some people are going to shit on the Dicken. Some people are going to shit on what Dicken did. IDGAF what people say or think, you can never go wrong by pushing your skills further. Statistics may say most encounters are going to happen in < 7 yards. That doesn't mean you won't get into something hairy at a longer distance. Life is unpredictable like that. Dicken proved that.

I regularly shoot to 15 and often to 25. I can't say I shoot to 40 but I tried the Dicken. It was successful but I had capacity on my side and I honestly saw the weakness in my display at that range. It's something I feel I want to work on if only because it will only make me a better shooter.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"I support the 2nd Ammendment, but..."
View Quote

And revolver shooters that think auto shooters have tiny weiners
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I know about the mall savior but I thought perhaps he did something different in his drill that made it unique, hence Dickens Drill and not just shooting drill
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because fudds feelings get hurt?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You see; if you don't accept the fudd position that 2A should be heavily restricted then they will get mad and help support restrictions on 2A.

I'm not quite clear on why it has to be this way instead of the fudd compromising and being less shitty, but that's how it is.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s pretty hilarious.

That’s how you get on a list
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#36]
GD needs to stop the tacticool crap and learn to shoot pistol silhouette.   It's not that hard, guys.

As for Fudds, etc, I doubt most even know the name of the drill in the first place since it's only been around a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That’s how you get on a list
View Quote

Not just any list…

The list.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have several revolvers. I’ve killed things with them.  

The hate is usually flowing the opposite way than that which you describe.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.
https://i.redd.it/5t1yhrr9kmb41.jpg
View Quote

WANT
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Try shooting one handed at 50 meters with a 2" target.
View Quote
Bullseye is good training too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just a comment about why I think this drill (and drills like it) is so important.

Training at longer distances makes you competent at those distances, BUT…

It makes you CONFIDENT and FASTER at ANY closer distance.

After I’d been doing service rifle intensely for a year (includes 200 yard offhand) I took my muzzle loader to the range to get ready for a hunt and discovered 100 yard offhand snap-shots were literally can’t-miss easy. All hesitation and doubt was gone because 100 yards felt like it was right in my face. Had similar experience with archery. I train to 70 yards and it makes 40 yards feel like cheating.

You train out to 50 yards with your defensive pistol and 20 yard shots will feel point-blank. Tighter/faster is the natural result.
View Quote

Absolutely the best result of this drill.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Just here for the click bait title.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is true
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just here for the click bait title.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top