BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Designed an expelling cartridge cased based on the patents above to fit the same profile as the G11 4.7x33mm cartridge

It uses a .17 HMR caliber projectile , injection molded casing , and the ribs are to reduce the amount of friction between the case and the chamber walls.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#3]
.17 HMR is 4.5x34mm iirc.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.17 HMR is 4.4mm iirc.
View Quote

Yeah there’s not a lot of space to work so I went with a smaller caliber. It’ll cost too much to have a 4.7mm barrel made so I was thinking of doing the main Caseless round in .204 using.204 Ruger projectiles and for the expelling case using .17 caliber projectiles. Both have blanks available
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah there’s not a lot of space to work so I went with a smaller caliber. It’ll cost too much to have a 4.7mm barrel made so I was thinking of doing the main Caseless round in .204 using.204 Ruger projectiles and for the expelling case using .17 caliber projectiles. Both have blanks available
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.17 HMR is 4.4mm iirc.

What length and twist?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What length and twist?
View Quote

The G11 has about a 21” barrel so I was looking at the 40gr projectiles in .204 Ruger and the twist rate should be 1:12

For 17. I was going to do either 20-30 gr projectile depending on how much propellant was needed
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Was the G11 Bayonet detachable or integral?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was the G11 Bayonet detachable or integral?
View Quote

Detachable I believe
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They made both plastic telescoping ammunition and Caseless HTIP ammunition

Their Caseless ammunition based on the G11 ammo would work but the main ingredient is high explosive so I can't get access to that with an FEL. Their plastic case ammunition needs to extract the case and that would be difficult to add to the system

Outside of making NC based propellant I also wanted to make a "expellable" case that I could use in this system where the case is blown out the barrel with the projectile

https://i.imgur.com/c8301g5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/x3QAPoE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wtHG3LS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/g5WYS8w.jpg
View Quote
tried to embed at the right spot but skip to the 18 or so second mark.
Aperture Investment Opportunity #3: "Turrets"
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Another interesting rotating drum bolt to study, this obviously never made it to the market but the patents are interesting. Unfortunately I couldn’t get more high resolution photos. I believe it appeared in the 1998 shotshow (incase anyone has photos)

First step of the build will be making some single shot test fires to test a couple different types of expelling and caseless ammunition from the Remington style Expelling ammunition, to the Kaltmann 9/4mm plastic ammunition to the Angel Arms ICP but the main issue is I can’t use brass as the projectile so I’d have to try copper

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another interesting rotating drum bolt to study, this obviously never made it to the market but the patents are interesting. Unfortunately I couldn’t get more high resolution photos. I believe it appeared in the 1998 shotshow (incase anyone has photos)
View Quote

The Google Patents page has good quality drawings and diagrams.  Any updates?
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Google Patents page has good quality drawings and diagrams.  Any updates?
View Quote

Sorry for the lack of posts, my wife was in the hospital for a week due to complications from surgery so I didn’t get chance to work ,

I got my resin printer set up but man does it stink even with an air purifier running and window open! Going to have move it to the garage

Link Posted: 6/29/2023 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Took a crack at recreating the 9/4mm Kaltmann expelling ammunition as a back up ammunition to Caseless rounds

Still needs some adjustments but using a hybrid resin to get a desirable strong but not brittle plastic

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Still one of the coolest ideas ever.

Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]
That is fucking sick
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually got lucky and found some NC based G11 ammunition. Nice reference sample for this project. I recent got my Form 1 DD hypervelocity rocket launcher approved so that has taken priority but will continue to work on this on my down time

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top