[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LED's are better anyway.
View Quote

Fpni
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That smells like a very well crafted 4/1 bit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LED's are better anyway.
View Quote

Not necessarily.  It depends on the desired result.  For many things, LEP(Light Emitting Plasma) is far superior and is probably the next "big thing" in lighting.
For many things, incandescent still reigns supreme.
Everything is better than the CFLs the government forced upon us.

All that said...  let the market decide, not the government.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I have a few cases of incandescents in the attic from the Obummer era.

As far as LED bulbs, I am very picky with light source and color. I have found that Philips "Warm Glow" LED bulbs are pretty good. They are well built, and their color is very much like incandescents, and when you dim them, they get more yellow. I usually get larger wattage, and dim them way down, typically around 18-23%. I have yet to replace one. They also are one of the few that make "spots." Like in 40° spots. Not floods.  I use these throughout the house in cans.

Ugh, looks like they have been discontinued.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LED's are better anyway.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
How will we heat our Lava Lamps?  
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

False. My LED exterior floods and spots work just fine in -30 temps. Buy Philips exterior bulbs. Yes they are $20 - $30 a piece. But they have been on every night for 5 years, without incident.
View Quote

I have 8 of the 250w equiv ones going on 7 years now, lights up the house/treeline up north when snow is on the ground like a baseball stadium.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My question is how can they ban a private company from selling an item that is not dangerous?
View Quote

founding fathers didnt include freedom of choice for light sources in the constitution or bill of rights. if it uses energy, is made of plastic, or burns petro chemicals, including stoves, barbecues, heating units, the government will determine what you are allowed to use.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A country once full of unlimited options being forced into only one selection
View Quote

Seems to be a recurring theme lately.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I remember when everyone was freaking out trying to buy decades worth of incandescent bulbs. LOL

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LED's are better anyway.

I remember when everyone was freaking out trying to buy decades worth of incandescent bulbs. LOL

At the time the led bulbs were not as good as they are today.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't LEDs die from heat if you put them in enclosed fixtures?  I also refuse to use anything but incandescent bulbs in my bedroom, I just like the warm natural light for reading and it gives a cozy vibe.  Oh well, got my 200+ incandescent stockpile still.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.  It depends on the desired result.  For many things, LEP(Light Emitting Plasma) is far superior and is probably the next "big thing" in lighting.
For many things, incandescent still reigns supreme.
Everything is better than the CFLs the government forced upon us.

All that said...  let the market decide, not the government.
View Quote

I've never heard of Light Emitting Plasma though in handhelds and automotive LEP is a Laser Excited Phosphorus light source.

Please learn me on plasma lights!

I'm a fan of arc lamps. My car and truck use them. Fairly low wattage and ridiculous output. 35w gets me 3500lms at 4300k. A 55w halogen for the same application might be 1500lms on a good day.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

...when the internal circuitry doesn't get fried from power surges.  I have tried a multitude of brands since moving here.  Few last more than six months.  Even fewer last more than a year.  The third-worlding of America means advanced - but fragile - technologies aren't always better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LED's are better anyway.

...when the internal circuitry doesn't get fried from power surges.  I have tried a multitude of brands since moving here.  Few last more than six months.  Even fewer last more than a year.  The third-worlding of America means advanced - but fragile - technologies aren't always better.

While I think this is an overreach on the federal government's part as I don't see how they have the authority to do this, I have only had maybe 3 to 4 LED lights go out in the past 8 years or so.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your power company sucks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 6:08:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I switched over the entire house to the first generation Cree bulbs that home Depot sold for $9 a piece. When they started dying off, I lucked into getting some of the LED soup can bulbs that were being clearanced out had a few locations and I'm down to two of those in a ceiling fan.

Last year I bought a 12 pack of Walmart brand LED bulbs because they were $9 online and they are hot garbage. Some of them died quickly, others start strobing on and off for no reason.

I'm on the mission to get some decent bulbs again.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I switched over the entire house to the first generation Cree bulbs that home Depot sold for $9 a piece. When they started dying off, I lucked into getting some of the LED soup can bulbs that were being clearanced out had a few locations and I'm down to two of those in a ceiling fan.

Last year I bought a 12 pack of Walmart brand LED bulbs because they were $9 online and they are hot garbage. Some of them died quickly, others start strobing on and off for no reason.

I'm on the mission to get some decent bulbs again.
View Quote

20+ Phillips LEDs have been flawless in my house.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shouldnt it be up the to the consumer considering we live in a "free" country?

Bunch of fucking statists.
View Quote

This. But just like with EVs, digital currency and anything else that isn't a gun, whenever the federal starts talking about banning one thing and replacing it with something "government approved," half of GD starts tripping over each other to be first to explain how reasonable the ban is, and how everybody should just be using the government-approved version anyway.

But they're not sheep. No, sir....warriors, all of them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#18]
When I purchased my home in 2016, I went about putting LED replacement bulbs in the most heavily used locations.  I've now replaced all incandescents.  Mostly high quality ($10 each phillips and $4 each cree) but lately have introduced some $1 dimmable cheapos that are suprisingly good at a color temperature I like.  Well over 150 bulbs in the house.  Some date back to 2013.

In seven years, I've had four failures, one due to water in an outdoor fixture that now has a drain hole.  My air conditioner appreciates the reduced heat load.

LED lighting is good.  Gov mandates are bad.  CFLs in most residential applications (dimmed, frequently switched) are miserable.

I still have all the incandescents that I took out.  Mostly 75-100 w.  (Four or five in every ceiling fan.  Prior owner had the place lit up like an airport runway.)  They'll go back in when I sell the house.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep....I'm on a rural coop and put in all LED's when we built our house 6 years ago....most of them haven't been replaced yet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol, Obama already did it 10 years ago. Everyone in GD went mental hoarding light bulbs.
View Quote

I guarantee someone still has cases of incandescent 100 watt bulbs.

I have a cree 3 way led bulb in my living room. On low it’s 3 watts. That’s the setting I use 99% of the time. Plenty of light to read by sitting next to the lamp.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
LED's are better anyway.
View Quote

Unless you have recessed lighting designed for incandescents and its not only costly to replace them all, but physically difficult to access and swap out.  If you just put LEDs in your old fixtures, the LEDs overheat in said fixtures...

That being said, I have a lot of LED bulbs in the house, but certain fixtures just aren't going to get changed over due to the expense and hassle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#22]
What about bulbs in your oven?

Due to the low heat resistance, there are currently no LED oven lamps on the market. So the oven remains one of the few places where conventional incandescent lamps must be used. But due to the low operating times, there would hardly be any energy savings here anyway.

40 Watt Oven Light Bulb G45, 300? Hight Temp Appliance Light Bulbs Replacement for Oven,
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
LEDs = adrenachrome extraction for the Bilderburg group
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LED's are better anyway.
View Quote

A lot of things are "better" than other things. So the government should ban all things precieved as not being the best?
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I have had Philips LED Spots in ceiling cans for 5+ years. They seem designed for that job. No failures.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That seems like not a me problem.  If that's actually a thing, put a tiny resistance heater in them or something that does the same thing. I couldn't care less.  My house is filled with LEDs, they are much better.
View Quote

You sound EXACTLY like the left on gun control.  Because you simply don't NEED these bulbs, nobody should be allowed to buy them, right?

Never mind that there are people out there that do need them, but you are so narrow minded that it doesn't effect you directly.

Try thinking outside of the box.  There is an entire industry that is getting fucked over with this and it's a HUGE industry.  Every lizard in America kept as a pet needs an incandescent bulb for heat.  Damn near all reptiles need heat bulbs, along with people with chicken coops and other animals that rely on the light bulbs.

I had to order a damn pallet load of 65/60/40 watt bulbs to keep my business running smoothly.  This shit is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Exactly. I won’t miss them.
View Quote

Once again, since it doesn't effect you, the hell with it right?  

I don't need an AR15, so fuck it ban them, right?

You are missing the entire point of the government BANNING FUCKING LIGHT BULBS.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I got a couple of cases of FEIT Led's at Costco a few years back, and surprisingly, NONE have failed.

My wife loves them in her bathroom makeup area since in the summer, the incandescents would get the area hot. The Led's run cool.

And one use I found for them that is GREAT, using them in a shop drop light. Used to if I did not use rough use bulbs that were expensive, they would blow the first drop.

The led has been in my shop light now for over a year, been dropped a few times, and still going.

But I still got a stock of old incandescents to use for things I need heat.

Fuck the feds, stay OUT of our private lives! Just defend our borders like you are SUPPOSED to!

And fuck the green new deal!
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#30]
My lizards are pretty pissed off about this decision.  They need heat lights.

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My lizards are pretty pissed off about this decision.  They need heat lights.

https://i.imgur.com/eDv7hEI.jpg
View Quote

Won't someone think of the lizards.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone done any research into the RF emissions from LED bulbs, and the potential effects on human tissue and health?

Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I stocked up on candles, no way the government is forcing me to use them new fangled electric light bulb things, damn commies.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone done any research into the RF emissions from LED bulbs, and the potential effects on human tissue and health?

View Quote

Unless inserting them into your body, I’d guess virtually zero…but I’m not a doctor.

< posted from a cell phone connected to wifi
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Unless inserting them into your body, I’d guess virtually zero…but I’m not a doctor.

< posted from a cell phone connected to wifi
View Quote

https://emfacademy.com/light-bulb-emf-radiation-complete-guide/

https://greenlivingideas.com/2016/06/07/leds-emfs-need-know/

other side

https://healthybuildingscience.com/2013/03/25/emf-from-led-lights/
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LED's are better anyway.

I still buy incandescent bulbs because they burn as hot as my hated for the government
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.

I literally do the opposite of what government tells me to do and it has worked out well for me for several decades.
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lol, Obama already did it 10 years ago. Everyone in GD went mental hoarding light bulbs.
View Quote

Whats old is new again
Link Posted: 4/4/2023 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Here are some frogs the far left calls racist to explain

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top