BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It included a 2 stroke penalty for playing the wrong ball. At a major. Dude must have drank HARD last night.
View Quote

Damn!
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Except you wouldn't have birdied the first two.

What happen next was that he fell apart on hole 5 by playing it wrong. He got an 8 there, then bogeyed the next.
Then on 7, he lost two of his tee shots in the rough. A MARSHALL announced that THE MARSHALL had found Duval's ball. It was a titleist 2, just like Duvall was playing. After he played the hole with the wrong ball, and it was discovered, he had to replay the hole. So after playing the first two holes at 2 under, he arrived at the 8 tee box 12 over.

He wasn't all that embarrassed. He took more of a "I should have checked the ball more closely for my yellow mark. I'll be back tomorrow."

I'd golf with the dude, and I'd learn a few things. Seems like a decent guy, and a great player. Things happen.
View Quote
And Duvall was playing the only Titleist 2 ever made?  He's sure that it was that particular and not some other Titleist 2?  Was the course searched by a platoon of golf ball finding dogs certified by top Federal dog trainers seconds before Duvall hit?
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe he forgot how to ‘Be the Ball’. Maybe he needs to read up on his Basho.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#5]
So you're saying I still have a shot in the Open. Excellent.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And Duvall was playing the only Titleist 2 ever made?  He's sure that it was that particular and not some other Titleist 2?  Was the course searched by a platoon of golf ball finding dogs certified by top Federal dog trainers seconds before Duvall hit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happen next was that he fell apart on hole 5 by playing it wrong. He got an 8 there, then bogeyed the next.
Then on 7, he lost two of his tee shots in the rough. A MARSHALL announced that THE MARSHALL had found Duval's ball. It was a titleist 2, just like Duvall was playing. After he played the hole with the wrong ball, and it was discovered, he had to replay the hole. So after playing the first two holes at 2 under, he arrived at the 8 tee box 12 over.

He wasn't all that embarrassed. He took more of a "I should have checked the ball more closely for my yellow mark. I'll be back tomorrow."

I'd golf with the dude, and I'd learn a few things. Seems like a decent guy, and a great player. Things happen.
They made other Titleist 2s.
I have no idea what he was sure of, as that has not been reported. But for most of one hole, he at least thought it was his. It was determined through other identifying marks that players use that it was not.
Golf courses do not use dogs, but people. People make mistakes.
You having a hard time grasping the concept that somebody could play the wrong ball for part of a hole? It's rare. It is the player's responsibility. He took that responsibility better than you are taking my post.
Hit em straight.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have no idea what he was sure of, as that has not been reported. But for most of one hole, he at least thought it was his. It was determined through other identifying marks that players use that it was not.
You having a hard time grasping the concept that somebody could play the wrong ball for part of a hole? It's rare. It is the player's responsibility. He took that responsibility better than you are taking my post.
Hit em straight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit em straight.

Let me 'splain further...

Link Posted: 7/19/2019 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude probably saw a titleist 2 in the rough and thought it was his/hit it. Not that big of a deal; not good though.  The alternative is taking two shots and going back to where you hit the previous shot anyway.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
+27 now

Holy shit couldn’t they have found some high school kid who could hack it around for that score?
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe he forgot how to 'Be the Ball'. Maybe he needs to read up on his Basho.
View Quote
I just watched that last night.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I would wager that 99.8% of golfers in the world, would do WORSE with that course set up for championship conditions.

I play to about a 6 handicap, and if I shot 20 over from the championship tees with all of the rough, slick greens, etc., etc., etc., I'd be pretty happy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
+27 now

Holy shit couldn’t they have found some high school kid who could hack it around for that score?
View Quote
Damn, right in the lumberyard...
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for the clarification. I’ve only ever swung a golf club once in my life, and it was at someone. It was also their club, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that bad?
For you or me?  No.   For a pro, it’s bad.  Even when I was a single digit handicap, pretty descent, a + 20 on that course, from those tee boxes would have been a lifetime achievement.
Thanks for the clarification. I’ve only ever swung a golf club once in my life, and it was at someone. It was also their club, too.
No problem.

Now about the golf club story, more please.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that bad?
For you or me?  No.   For a pro, it’s bad.  Even when I was a single digit handicap, pretty descent, a + 20 on that course, from those tee boxes would have been a lifetime achievement.
No problem.

West Nashville keg party in the late 80s, drunken frat-boy thinks it’s funny to fuck with the big brown guy, gets golf club pulled out of his hands and chased around the pool a few times by the aforementioned big brown guy, golf club gets tossed onto roof of pool house after drunken frat boy falls into pool(he may have had help), big brown guy goes home.

You know, that old song...
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
+27 now

View Quote
Sure. But he would be a South Korean girl. That might trigger you even worse.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Holy shit. Including a 14 on one hole. That’s like me getting out there and hacking up the course. Embarrassing!
View Quote
Traditionally I'm on the green in 2 and in cup in 9.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Absolutely Gawdawful weather. The Open should be played in the Fall or early winter. The weather would be better...

TC
View Quote
Yeah, because it's such a physically demanding spo.... joke.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Bilardello... missed the cut by 124 shots
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I break 80 90% of the time and I've finished sub par a handfull of times. I'm fairly certain if you gave me a pro caddy, access to the equipment trailer, 5 practice rounds and a room on the resort I could break 100 on this course from those tees.

If I had access to Tiger's old supply of Vicodin and whores I'd push that predicted score down to breaking 95.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Maybe he forgot how to ‘Be the Ball’. Maybe he needs to read up on his Basho.
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top