Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can cook a better burger than him.
View Quote
You likely can. But he's got a damn good burger.  The tomato was store bought shit that I wouldn't eat.

Burger. Mayo on top and bottom bun.  Little lettuce on bottom. Home grown mater on top of lettuce.

Only thing better is bacon and mater sammich.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I can cook a better burger than him.
View Quote
That could be so.

But he can feed 100 people his burgers and they will be consistently excellent, then do it again tomorrow.  That's what chefs do.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just made his mayo and mustard concoction for no particular reason a few minutes ago. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/51536/fullsizeoutput-77-216593.jpg

It's pretty good. 

Don't use a full lemon, like the "recipe" posted earlier says. That's nuts. In fact, just lightly squeeze half a small lemon. Teaspoon of whole grain mustard per 3 egg yolks seems about right. Straight up 1-2-3 veg oil from the Mexican market is fine - drizzle in 1.25 cups as you're whipping the ever loving shit out of it. I used a Cuisinart DFP-14BCWNY food processor for whipping duty because reasons, and go be poor somewhere else. 

It's good. 

I'll use it in something or another over the next week. I dunno. 
View Quote
Are you sure you didn't make mashed potatoes?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just made his mayo and mustard concoction for no particular reason a few minutes ago. 

It's pretty good. 

Don't use a full lemon, like the "recipe" posted earlier says. That's nuts. In fact, just lightly squeeze half a small lemon. Teaspoon of whole grain mustard per 3 egg yolks seems about right. Straight up 1-2-3 veg oil from the Mexican market is fine - drizzle in 1.25 cups as you're whipping the ever loving shit out of it. I used a Cuisinart DFP-14BCWNY food processor for whipping duty because reasons, and go be poor somewhere else. 

It's good. 

It's occurred to me that my picture is substandard.

Yes. I'm sure. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's occurred to me that my picture is substandard.

Yes. I'm sure. 
View Quote
Wasn't an insult to your photo-taking skills.  I'm just saying it looks like a delicious bowl of mashed potatoes.

I'm sure it's some delicious mayo though -- looks like something I'll have to make at some point.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty good. 

It's good. 

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#7]
OT, but due to trying to behave myself better in the food department, i have been forcing myself to eat vegetables.  it hasn't been going well.  

tonight, though...tonight i roasted cauliflower with onions, thyme, and garlic.  sweet jesus that stuff is amazing!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I watched his video on scrambled eggs, I've made scrambled eggs 1000 times, and I learned I was doing it wrong. so much better using his method.
View Quote
I've been making scrambled eggs using his recipe for a couple years now.  Anytime I make them for guests, they love em.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've been making scrambled eggs using his recipe for a couple years now.  Anytime I make them for guests, they love em.
View Quote
I just watched that video.  Looks way to under-done to me.  Then again, I'm not a Chef either.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I just watched that video.  Looks way to under-done to me.  Then again, I'm not a Chef either.
View Quote
it will continue to cook slightly before being consumed

but generally speaking people cook the hell out of eggs
wife wants her scrambled eggs dry and dense
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

it will continue to cook slightly before being consumed

but generally speaking people cook the hell out of eggs
wife wants her scrambled eggs dry and dense
View Quote
Yup.  Pisses me off.  I'll make scrambled eggs, not over cooked and wife will put ketchup on em cause of growing up with her mom over cooking the hell out of the eggs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Mayonaise?  MAYONAISE?????  
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh to thick.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top