https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/files.bridgemi.mike/M2020.JPG

“Trees don’t vote”

They do in Chicago.

Roy
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I lived in Michigan, I would make it top priority to move out of the state.
View Quote

Why, so you could take your forum of government with you?

If one is not willing to stand and fight for ones rights in the state they live in, they sure aren't going to stand and fight for my right in my state. Stay where you cause we don't want you.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fuck her and fuck those idiots that installed her
View Quote

Donald Trump got her reelected. He endorsed Tudor Dixon, and then gave her no money, and refused to campaign for her. The dems ran edited clips of Dixon, including one that was deceptively edited to make here appear to support a complete ban on ANY and ALL abortions, with NO exceptions, and she had no money to answer back.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What the new laws do, is ensure you don't EVER want to fund a woman's cell bill, because if you stop paying/cut off her service (even if you've separated), the new laws can construe that as falling under 'domestic violence'/intimidation of an SO/former-SO.
View Quote

Please explain how you believe this law could be construed to make not paying for someone's service fall under domestic violence.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Please explain how you believe this law could be construed to make not paying for someone's service fall under domestic violence.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the new laws do, is ensure you don't EVER want to fund a woman's cell bill, because if you stop paying/cut off her service (even if you've separated), the new laws can construe that as falling under 'domestic violence'/intimidation of an SO/former-SO.

Shutting off the other's telecommunications service.
is one of the listed categories.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Most of Michigan is a great place to live.  Unfortunately, urban areas rule:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How did she get re-elected?

ETA: How did the whole legislature get elected?
Because Michigan republicans are ineffective and don't really play to win.

Plus the state is full of the third world and union shop rats.

Most of Michigan is a great place to live.  Unfortunately, urban areas rule:

Great place to live is debatable when those little blue areas get to decide how the state is run.

I grew up there I'm glad I left I would never live there again. It's not a free state.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Engaging in what the victim believes to be harassing behavior that the victim claims caused “emotional distress.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If one is not willing to stand and fight for ones rights in the state they live in, they sure aren't going to stand and fight for my right in my state. Stay where you cause we don't want you.
View Quote

Not every single individual who moves from a purple or blue state to a red state is going to vote for
purple or blue agendas.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#9]
She give up this politics thing and should go back to getting her anus stretched by strangers. I bet she was much more pleasant and fulfilled them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As long as Republicans keep pushing the abortion issue we will continue to lose elections. Like it or not. I'm not pro abortion but I'm to the point that if liberals want to kill their babies why should I give a fuck. Let them do it.
View Quote

That is a truth.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
this is why we need sexbots.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Donald Trump got her reelected. He endorsed Tudor Dixon, and then gave her no money, and refused to campaign for her. The dems ran edited clips of Dixon, including one that was deceptively edited to make here appear to support a complete ban on ANY and ALL abortions, with NO exceptions, and she had no money to answer back.
View Quote
Exactly this.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is pretty ignorant and completely untrue.

Ever hear of a tactical retreat ? Some positions aren't savable.

Your state has gotten redder. There has been an influx of people moving into Montana and Idaho as you know. Plenty of them are red voters. Would you rather they stayed away ?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
That state is lost why anyone still lives there is beyond me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Exactly this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this.

It also makes no sense from Trumps perspective.

If a Republican had won the Michigan governorship, it'd be much easier for Trump to win the state for the general election next year. Yet it seems like building a path to actually winning an election next year doesn't interest him. Its odd.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We are doomed as a country.
View Quote

Remember they had a voter turnout in the 125 percent range.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I was a single man in current times, there would be no way in hell I'd be getting into a relationship with any females.

My wife is awesome and I trust her with my life.  But laws like these give malicious females way too much leverage.  

If I'm dating a woman, do I now have to fund her cell phone bill, for example?

This law doesn't criminalize anything new, it just adds penalties if the victim of something that was already a crime is a domestic partner. So no, you don't have to fund her cell bill, any more than you have to fund any random person's cell bill.

You shouldn't want to in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

TX isn't far behind the curve.  I hope it never flips, but if it does, be sure to let us know when you plan on leaving.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Your state has gotten redder. There has been an influx of people moving into Montana and Idaho as you know. Plenty of them are red voters. Would you rather they stayed away ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're all missing his point.  Sounds like he's saying if you aren't willing to fight for your state don't move to his and become the same deadweight that you were in your last state.

Your point on tactical retreat is valid but it shouldn't be plan A.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If there is a single politician that I would think is an alien in a skinsuit, it is her.
View Quote

literally laughs in hochul
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If there is a single politician that I would think is an alien in a skinsuit, it is her.

Actually the global rankings are:
1. Jacinda Ardern
2. Whitmer
3. Hochul
4. Kamala

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I sense a whole lot of Michigan men are going to start liking the idea of moving to Ohio.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I sense a whole lot of Michigan men are going to start liking the idea of moving to Ohio.
View Quote

Only the weak ones.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly.  Make fun of her name all you want, she gets shit done for her side.  And I have to admit the roads are better under the D's.
View Quote

What part of the state are you driving on? The roads on the west side are shit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We are doomed as a country.
View Quote

The same method that Trump "lost" in 2020--extreme corruption in elections.  She did not get re-elected
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Between that cunt and the cold weather, Michigan sounds horrible.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#27]
It's a shame for Michigan that Whitmer is their Governor.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The majority of ignorant comments like "You voted her in" or "I'd be moving out of state" are ridiculous. She wasn't voted in, she was selected and placed. If it wasn't her, it'd probably some other d bag politician doing the same shit.

There hasn't been one piece of legislation that has had any significant effect on gun owners lives, yet. Therefore IDGAF. Cross fingers that we keep CPL's, suppressors, full mag capacity, SBR's, etc. If so, all good. F'n internet.
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that as physically turning it off, as in to prevent a phone call ?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Texas isn't ?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Gretchen Whitmer to Michigan men: Don't annoy your ex or enter her empty ice shanty without her permission or the cops will confiscate all your  firearms and ammunition

If Whitmer signs these bills into law, judges will be able to use EPOs to immediately confiscate firearms from someone determined to be a threat to themselves or others without trial and with limited opportunity for defense. Fees for service of documents related to these orders are prohibited, making it easy and free for anyone to petition for an Extreme Protection Order.

https://www.lapeercountytribune.com/whitmer-signs-extreme-gunlaws
View Quote

So if my GF is on my account and we break up and I have her phone shut off I'm getting red flagged as a violent domestic abuser and the states strongmen will show up at my door?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think you're all missing his point.  Sounds like he's saying if you aren't willing to fight for your state don't move to his and become the same deadweight that you were in your last state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is there an assumption that people stuck in blue states aren't fighting ?

Heck even just voting is fighting on a small level. If all someone does is move to a red state, and vote Republican, work a job and raise their families they wouldn't be dead weight.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Only the weak ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only the weak ones.

I guess the same would apply to the pilgrims coming to America or the millions of immigrants that came to America in the early 1900s then wouldn't it ?

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope so. Ohio could use the reinforcements to ensure it stays red.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you describe is typically referred to in statutory language as interfering with a telecommunications device or 911 call.  This could be anything from hanging up someone's phone, smashing a phone or yanking a phone cord out of the wall for us that remember having hardwired phones.

"Shutting off" sounds like it could be referring to literally shutting off service.  I wouldn't put it past them.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#36]
The more pro weed politicians are, the more anti 2nd amendment they are. She made illegal to buy a tomato plant during Civil. But she kept it legal to buy weed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What you describe is typically referred to in statutory language as interfering with a telecommunications device or 911 call.  This could be anything from hanging up someone's phone, smashing a phone or yanking a phone cord out of the wall for us that remember having hardwired phones.

"Shutting off" sounds like it could be referring to literally shutting off service.  I wouldn't put it past them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I guess the same would apply to the pilgrims coming to America or the millions of immigrants that came to America in the early 1900s then wouldn't it ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only the weak ones.

All of those examples faced generations of persecution.  MI flipped blue in 2022.  Everyone needs to cool their tits.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#39]

She looks like a female version of Caitlyn Jenner.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Heck even just voting is fighting on a small level. If all someone does is move to a red state, and vote Republican, work a job and raise their families they wouldn't be dead weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's making that assumption?  Obviously the ones who stay are fighting.  The ones who LEAVE are not.

Doing all those things is fine and good until their new state is threatened by leftism then, "see ya!"  The point is, they don't have any fight in them when it counts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Texas isn't ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas isn't ?

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#42]

You win the internet for today - well done sir!
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All of those examples faced generations of persecution.  MI flipped blue in 2022.  Everyone needs to cool their tits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only the weak ones.

It is a bit more then just 2022. They have had two democrat senators for decades, and voted R for president once in the last thirty or so years.

It is definitely a D leaning state though had a R governor on occasion and isn't yet completely solid blue like CA or NJ.

But we only have one life to live, and with all the new laws do you really blame someone not wanting to suffer under them just because the state hasn't been suffering for generations ?

I'm sure that will be great consolation for anyone who stays who gets caught up in the new laws.

BTW, their firearm laws have sucked for a very long time it isn't anything new.

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Another section (Sec. 540E (1)) says if you annoy or “disturb the peace and quiet of another person” who is your current or former domestic partner using a telecommunications service or device, you are guilty of a domestic violence misdemeanor.
View Quote

So a phone call or text message to your domestic partner is now a criminal act and loss of firearms rights.

Full blown color revolution against SCOTUS and the American public.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Who's making that assumption?  Obviously the ones who stay are fighting.  The ones who LEAVE are not.

Doing all those things is fine and good until their new state is threatened by leftism then, "see ya!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doing all those things is fine and good until their new state is threatened by leftism then, "see ya!"

Not necessarily. Plenty of people stay and suffer and don't fight at all.

As for the second part is enough people would move we would shore up the purple and red states so they aren't threatened.

I don't get the hate for conservative people that move from a blue state to a red state, its like you want people to suffer forever just because of where they were born. You really think anyone is going to fix California or New York ? No they're just going to suffer their whole life.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas isn't ?

It's only a few million illegals there, leave groceries and water on your front porch so they don't break into your home, it will be fine.

Nice ride by the way.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Me waiting for Rahimi to drop….

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Laws are just words on paper until they are enforced

Who will be enforcing these?

It's understandable to be mad at the politicians because they are indeed vile pieces of shit

If LEO's had any spines they could easily take a stand and say "we're not enforcing this bullshit"

But we all know they wont, because they are the servants of the evil system
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This will happen in all states, it's just a matter of time

The hubris of texans is particularly interesting. You're state is turning blue at a breakneck pace
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This will happen in all states, it's just a matter of time

The hubris of texans is particularly interesting. You're state is turning blue at a breakneck pace
View Quote

Surely you jest! Not with those 1,000's of californians being transplanted daily..
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top