BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By networkguru:
Looks neat.  Im in Floriduh so I cant be super safe.
If I can gtfo of here and move to SC I'll hop on the safe train.

I may buy the Lee LS5 for my AP5.  
If I am understanding it correctly, it lets me change the shitty AP5 trigger to use a AR15 compatible trigger?

View Quote

They're banned in Florida?
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:

View Quote
Well I'll be damned.  The downside of State's Rights, I guess.  Somehow I bet the left is fine with this.

https://thefirearmfirm.com/aftermarket-triggers-and-florida-law/
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By motoguy:
Well I'll be damned.  The downside of State's Rights, I guess.  Somehow I bet the left is fine with this.

View Quote

Well that's shitty.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Well an R governor signed it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tuco22:

In MN as well, starting 2025.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems like it might be the right time for a challenge…
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

There are three reasons to still buy the RBT….

1) the same manual of arms as with a standard AR15/M16
2) you’re a lefty and the semi position isn’t ideal for you

3) you want to reward reward Lawrence Delmonico for putting his freedom and fortune on the line so that you can play with forced reset triggers. As time goes on, we’ll see improved versions of these with match triggers and the like and there will be every reason in the world to buy those.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ARguy:

The best thing Hoffman Tactical did with the SS was to release it to the masses.   I know of 3 outfits already that are selling metal SS's and at a price the typical recreational shooter can afford...well the safety anyway.  Not everyone wants to drop $350 on a patented RBT trigger pack just to dump a mag occasionally in a "full auto" type cyclic rate.  Then there are people just 3d printing em....  The genie is definitely out of the bottle on this one.

3) you want to reward reward Lawrence Delmonico for putting his freedom and fortune on the line so that you can play with forced reset triggers. As time goes on, we’ll see improved versions of these with match triggers and the like and there will be every reason in the world to buy those.

Oh, I absolutely agree.   I much prefer the MOA of the RBT style of trigger.   Especially now that 3 position FRTs and upgrade kits are becoming a thing, I think a more traditional style of selector is the way to go.  I did find that the RBT pack would not play nice with an AR47 lower and would get in the way of the AK magazine release.  SS in an AR47 is no problem.  Definitely pluses and minuses to both types.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I'm a lefty and I think it's the ideal position because when the rifle hangs against my gear it's helping to push the safety into the safe position and I think if if I was a righty the safety is more likely to get switched to semi auto accidently when it's slung across me. Simple physics and shit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

The best thing Hoffman Tactical did with the SS was to release it to the masses.   I know of 3 outfits already that are selling metal SS's and at a price the typical recreational shooter can afford...well the safety anyway.  Not everyone wants to drop $350 on a patented RBT trigger pack just to dump a mag occasionally in a "full auto" type cyclic rate.  Then there are people just 3d printing em....  The genie is definitely out of the bottle on this one.

and the one reason not to buy the RBT..   you cant, it isnt available for sale.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess we’ll find out if it’s compatible with a MCX Virtus in a few days…
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:
Guess we’ll find out if it’s compatible with a MCX Virtus in a few days…
View Quote

Maybe with some kind of a dedicated slip trip.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bionicmonkey:

View All Quotes

then what needs to happen for these to be available again.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Phil_Billy] [#13]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

Don’t the visits come much later by pulling customer records and shipping records? Curious why so many folks seem comfortable with that after the RBT experience yielded letters and visits… what am I missing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:
Originally Posted By PainefulCommonSense:
did you get visits from anybody else?

https://greymarketresearch.net/

Don’t the visits come much later by pulling customer records and shipping records? Curious why so many folks seem comfortable with that after the RBT experience yielded letters and visits… what am I missing?

Until they show me a law and court order stating they are illegal the ATF can fuck right off. No idea why anyone surrendered any of these in the first place.

The ATF gets away with this because people let them. The ATF will do it again and people will surrender them even though they have no legal standing to do such.

Also lots of good information in this thread, thanks for the MP5 information.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Give him time-remember, he was cancelled/debanked by the DOJ and they likely went after his machining and coating/anodizing suppliers.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
Installed one yesterday.  I had to mill off some material inside the lower to get the lever to lay down a little more towards the buffer.  It was sticking up too high and wouldn’t allow the bolt to retract all the way or go forward.  Also had to take a few hundredths off the top of the lever.  Now it runs good.

https://i.postimg.cc/cJC37rJz/IMG-5706.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zBRRM6KS/IMG-5708.jpg
View Quote

I think I am having a similar issue with mine. The bolt rides to the rear and gets stuck on the arm as it recedes into the receiver extension. How much material did you have to remove? Is that a high shelf lower?
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Devilfox:

I think I am having a similar issue with mine. The bolt rides to the rear and gets stuck on the arm as it recedes into the receiver extension. How much material did you have to remove? Is that a high shelf lower?
View Quote

Have you read GMR's installation/information pages? You may have to do some fitting to get it to work right. The bolt binding is a pretty common question on the FB group. Do the cut on the upper receiver, if it still binds after that then sand a little off the top of the lever until it stops binding. The advice used to be to sand the top of lever until it works and at some point it switched to cut the upper first so you didnt have to sand as much on the lever. Either way works, but the lever is stronger if you cut the upper first.

https://greymarketresearch.net/info-instructions/

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
Installed one yesterday.  I had to mill off some material inside the lower to get the lever to lay down a little more towards the buffer.  It was sticking up too high and wouldn’t allow the bolt to retract all the way or go forward.  Also had to take a few hundredths off the top of the lever.  Now it runs good.

https://i.postimg.cc/cJC37rJz/IMG-5706.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zBRRM6KS/IMG-5708.jpg

Yea, it was a high shelf lower.  I don’t have an exact measurement on the amount I removed off the shelf, but it was probably close to 1/3”.  You can remove too much, so be careful.  If the lever lays to low, the bolt won’t engage it.  As for the lever, I used a course Emory board and took my time.  Finish it with a fine Emory board for smoothness. It doesn’t take much.  You will get proficient on removing/replacing the hammer, trigger group, and safety.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Took mine out again today.
Everyone who tried was momentarily speechless before saying they wanted one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#19]
An acquaintance is going to print a sear trip bar to work with the CMMG (etc…)  .22 conversion kit and the SS…

These are already sold by SKOprints, GMR and Bore Buddy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#20]
These threads make me sad. Thanks to our awb law, I cannot buy a lee mp5 lower or the safety.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Got mine today. It won’t really work in a MCX, so I’ll probably sell it to a friend. But no issues with purchase or shipping, recommend freely to anyone interested
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 7:41:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARguy] [#22]
Got mine today. It won’t really work in a MCX, so I’ll probably sell it to a friend. But no issues with purchase or shipping, recommend freely to anyone interested
View Quote

Will it work if you have the PMM Full Auto Sear Kit?

ETA...   Appears that some machining of your lower would need to be done to utilize the kit so def not a drop in.   Still may be worth looking into.

PMM Full Auto Sear Kit
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#23]
This thread stinks like a shotgun news ad for $10 DIAS.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Got mine today. It won't really work in a MCX, so I'll probably sell it to a friend. But no issues with purchase or shipping, recommend freely to anyone interested
View Quote
Even real auto products typically require adapters on the MCX.

Alternative, check out the Arizona Regulator and ask the guy here that makes it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By BB:
View Quote

Freedom is scary, yo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BB:
View Quote

So? Press on.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BB:
View Quote

FRTs operate more like a bump stock which the SCOTUS ruled as being kosher.

I wouldn’t worry too much about GMR or the other 10 sellers on the book of faces selling these things.

I would however, be concerned about being “Matt Hoover’d” (conspiracy to sell a machine gun drawing).  You could end up spending $200k on a legal defense and end up with a retarded jury that still finds you guilty. The FATF has confiscated almost 12,000 FRTs and as far as I know, only made one arrest.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By HKPDW:

FRTs operate more like a bump stock which the SCOTUS ruled as being kosher.

I wouldn’t worry too much about GMR or the other 10 sellers on the book of faces selling these things.

I would however, be concerned about being “Matt Hoover’d” (conspiracy to sell a machine gun drawing).  You could end up spending $200k on a legal defense and end up with a retarded jury that still finds you guilty. The FATF has confiscated almost 12,000 FRTs and as far as I know, only made one arrest.
View Quote

And they were ordered to give them all back too.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By NostalgiaforInfinity:

And they were ordered to give them all back too.
View Quote

I’m sure they will get right on that, if they can find them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#30]
An acquaintance is going to print a sear trip bar to work with the CMMG (etc…)  .22 conversion kit and the SS…

These are already sold by SKOprints, GMR and Bore Buddy.
View Quote

The STL for the CMMG thing is sailing on the unusual ocean.  Or at least the filename claims it's the correct STL, I don't have a CMMG kit to try it with.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:

The STL for the CMMG thing is sailing on the unusual ocean.  Or at least the filename claims it's the correct STL, I don't have a CMMG kit to try it with.
View Quote

I don’t know the first thing about printing or downloading files.

This acquaintance is an engineer and likes to reverse engineer (print) things. I don’t think he’s willing to sail the high seas though.

I do agree with him that using a .22 kit is the most financially viable way to run the SS.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Well if Rare Breed gets their 3 position available for sale I absolutely plan on supporting such a company, for now however the SS seams to be best currently available option.  But I would much prefer the RBT.  For 2 of the reasons you mentioned.  I’m not a lefty.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sebastian_MacMaine] [#33]

I don’t know the first thing about printing or downloading files.

This acquaintance is an engineer and likes to reverse engineer (print) things. I don’t think he’s willing to sail the high seas though.

I do agree with him that using a .22 kit is the most financially viable way to run the SS.
View Quote

1. google: site:odysee.com cmmg super safety
b. click link
iii. click download button
四. print
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:

1. google: site:odysee.com cmmg super safety
b. click link
iii. click download button
四. print
View Quote

LOL… I’m not very tech savvy.

I literally have problems logging into ARFCOM  bro…
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#35]
It worked excellent with the integral suppressed x39 upper yesterday. Used subsonic with no issues.  Just purred.

Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:48:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: k75zracer] [#36]
Anybody use a Spikes H2 powder filled buffer? Used in carbines to smooth out the recoil impulse, but curious if anyone has had luck with one?
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:

I'd add to that idea that even if Congress DID change the language of the definition of "machine gun" to include FRT style triggers, they would have to open up the MG registry for all units made prior to their reclassification. Ex Post Facto would absolutely apply here.

I could also see the expanded legal definition of machine gun as a possible way to strike down the NFA altogether.

The industry needs to pump out hundreds of millions of these things, drop in FRTs and Bump stocks to meet the classification of "common use" to have a chance I think.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:

Yeah, the ATF has taken a beating lately. I'd say until something is officially passed by Congress they'd be smart to not bring another case before a judge. They were told to return all RBTs that were confiscated (and ATF gave some BS about it being too hard). I think they'd be stupid to confiscate anything similar without a firm law to back the case.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435954/338205-IMG-9632-2904307_jpg-3305558.JPG

I'd add to that idea that even if Congress DID change the language of the definition of "machine gun" to include FRT style triggers, they would have to open up the MG registry for all units made prior to their reclassification. Ex Post Facto would absolutely apply here.

I could also see the expanded legal definition of machine gun as a possible way to strike down the NFA altogether.

The industry needs to pump out hundreds of millions of these things, drop in FRTs and Bump stocks to meet the classification of "common use" to have a chance I think.

The constitutional ban on ex post facto means that the government can't charge you for violating a law before the law took effect.  e.g. if FRTs were made illegal in 2025, they couldn't charge you for possessing an FRT in 2024.  It doesn't mean that they'd have to allow you to keep your FRT.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

The constitutional ban on ex post facto means that the government can't charge you for violating a law before the law took effect.  e.g. if FRTs were made illegal in 2025, they couldn't charge you for possessing an FRT in 2024.  It doesn't mean that they'd have to allow you to keep your FRT.
View Quote

I’d have to think that there’s some case law that says they can’t seize your property just because they don’t like it and legislate against it.

Now, they might try and take it and compensate you for it-that could get interesting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#39]
FYI, took my order from GMR was placed on 8/31, shipped 9/2, and arrived on 9/6. I was out of town and just got them today-hoping to get my belt fed .22 upper to run on one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 11:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKPDW] [#40]
My neighbor received his $20 SKO .22 trip.

We’ll see if he can get it running. 22 kits tend to be a little finicky.

————————————————————

UPDATE: The SKO trip did not work.  It appears the cam lever is riding below the trip’s “lever box”.

Either the cam lever is too short or, the lever box is sitting too high.

The SS runs fine in the .223 configuration.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:21:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: withoutremorse42] [#41]
GMR SS review article going up on thetruthaboutguns later today
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By withoutremorse42:
GMR SS review article going up on thetruthaboutguns later today
View Quote

Well written.  Explains the mechanism in detail.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:11:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: k75zracer] [#43]
In the video, I think he was surprised when he used the SS middle position... Looked like he wasn't expecting it to actually work, and then when it did, he looked pretty satisfied (read pleased) and went on about his business shooting!
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:30:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NWRed] [#44]
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Block Twosday posts will continue until morale improves. GMR SS runs perfectly! #guns #m4 #block2

Anyone able to calculate the RoF on my Block 2 upper here? I believe there were 26rds left in the mag.
Link Posted: Today 5:47:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5oEHuRdRvg

Anyone able to calculate the RoF on my Block 2 upper here? I believe there were 26rds left in the mag.
View Quote

Yes. ROF was ludicrous speed.  Looks like fun.
Link Posted: Today 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By steelworker:

Yes. ROF was ludicrous speed.  Looks like fun.
View Quote
I'm no expert but I've been watching some of the SS troubleshooting groups and I've been thinking of getting one soon.  From what they're saying, "ludicrous speed" means that it's eventually going to out run the lever and leave you with a dead trigger.  Most recommend an H3 buffer.
Link Posted: Today 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By mr_camera_man:
I'm no expert but I've been watching some of the SS troubleshooting groups and I've been thinking of getting one soon.  From what they're saying, "ludicrous speed" means that it's eventually going to out run the lever and leave you with a dead trigger.  Most recommend an H3 buffer.
View Quote

My video above was the Block 2 carbine gas with an H1 buffer plus the LAW tactical plug weight.
Link Posted: Today 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BB:
View Quote

Send the print file off to be printed in metal and roll on.  Rename it something odd before you do.  Those places just print stuff and box it/send it.
Link Posted: Today 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By kells81:

Send the print file off to be printed in metal and roll on.  Rename it something odd before you do.  Those places just print stuff and box it/send it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kells81:
Originally Posted By BB:

Not the two that I just tried.  One of them I not only renamed it, but edited the file to remove the logo, and it was still cancelled.  If you know of one that will, an IM would be appreciated.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top