Page / 2
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Unloaded....now...
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
"At one point, Poulin put the barrel of the rifle under his chin and pulled the trigger, said Waterville Police Chief Joseph Massey."

“He told me he dropped the rifle,” Donald Poulin said. “He wrote it on the notepad. He said, ‘Dad, I just dropped the rifle and it accidentally discharged.’”

Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Who the hell does not unload their rifles before getting in their vehicle to go home for the day. I bet that caliber really ripped his face in half too.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like he lost face in that deal....

Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Stupidity has a very high price.  thankfully he only fucked himself rather than a stranger or his kids.  what a retard.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#7]
There's no such thing as an unloaded rifle, or at least if you treat all rifles like they're loaded stupid shit like this doesn't happen.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who the hell does not unload their rifles before getting in their vehicle to go home for the day. I bet that caliber really ripped his face in half too.
View Quote

Yeah, no kidding, .270 to the face.

Alcohol involved?
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#9]
All guns are always loaded.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Let's face it, That was real stupid of him. Now he will have to face the consequences.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stupidity has a very high price.  thankfully he only fucked himself rather than a stranger or his kids.  what a retard.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Why dont people remember the rules?

Every gun in my safe is unloaded, and I know they are unloaded, but I still check to see if a bullet sneaked it way into the gun somehow when I pull one out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:02:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

And have laser beams on the muzzle end that only gets placed on anything you are willing to destroy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Alcohol involved?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alcohol involved?

"When the officers spoke with people at the scene, they said Poulin had come to visit earlier in the night and had walked in with a bottle of whiskey, Massey said."
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:08:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Police say Dale Poulin was showing his rifle to friends when he put it under his chin and pulled the trigger, not knowing the gun was loaded.

Good shoot! I really don't understand people doing shit like this.  I do fully believe that stupid should hurt though.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"When the officers spoke with people at the scene, they said Poulin had come to visit earlier in the night and had walked in with a bottle of whiskey, Massey said."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alcohol involved?

Yeah, went back and read the rest of the article and saw that. Reading is funnnn-damental.

Figured there was booze somewhere in the mix.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9611/nrarules.jpg

Every gun in my safe is unloaded, and I know they are unloaded, but I still check to see if a bullet sneaked it way into the gun somehow when I pull one out.
View Quote

my rule #1 is every gun is loaded, then your three after that.

ETA: reading's for fags - yeah i don't keep all guns unloaded till i'm at the range.....
the four real rules are below...
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:20:40 AM EDT
[#18]
In before the law suit against the manufacturer for making an unsafe weapon.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#19]
“It was one of those cases which clearly involved carelessness, passing a rifle around, and no one made sure, obviously, it was not loaded. And then they do something as careless as putting the rifle under their chin and pulling the trigger,” Massey said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#20]
That's one way to learn the rules
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:30:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because - those ARENT the rules.  

Those are the kind of rules that get people killed.  Is that the kind of shit they are teaching now?

Keeping your gun unloaded is a stupid rule, and it is the kind of shit that causes "I thought it was unloaded" accidents.

1.  All guns are always loaded.
2.  Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and ready to fire.
3.  Never point your muzzle at something you are not willing to destroy.
4.  Be sure of your target, and what is behind it.

Those are the rules.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Obamacare will fix that right up.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are FOUR rules.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have chamber safety flags on some of my rifles and I still check them every time.  I'm absolutely paranoid about it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:39:18 AM EDT
[#27]
You'll shoot your eye face out off, kid.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have chamber safety flags on some of my rifles and I still check them every time.  I'm absolutely paranoid about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course you do.  Chamber flags don't change anything about gun handling.  Chamber flags are for OTHER people so see the gun should be empty, after it has been properly called clear by visual and physical inspection.  They aren't a "I don't have to follow procedure anymore" handicap.

There is no need to be paranoid.  Paranoia is based on fear.  Simply, be methodical.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate that they messed with the four rules. These rules suck.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, that's one way to get ahead...
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And have laser beams on the muzzle end that only gets placed on anything you are willing to destroy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That mental image is perfect.

My oldest is still learning the Big 4, but he can recite Eddie Eagle like a champ. Before looking at a gun with me, he explains what to do if he encounters a gun, and always asks if it's ok to look at my guns with me. He knows which end is the "dangerous end" and isn't even in grade school.

Despite the number of patients I see with negligent GSWs, I'm still amazed at how cavalier people are with where they point the dangerous end. Which reminds me, I got muzzled in Cabelas just a day or two ago my an employee.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Most people couldn't handle criticism of their gun handling, but Poulin certainly took it on the chin.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Life is hard. Life is MUCH harder when you're stupid.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Darwin is never denied for too long.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Must be hockey season.

Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Life is hard. Life is MUCH harder when you're stupid.
View Quote

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:30:11 AM EDT
[#37]
That guy is a grade A jackass. Must've failed Gun Safety 101.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#38]
He'll probably pull through, just needs to keep his chin up and wipe off the long face.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He'll just have to face facts.
View All Quotes

Ouch!!!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://cdn.meme.li/i/i8ghr.jpg

Those are the kind of rules that get people killed.  Is that the kind of shit they are teaching now?

Keeping your gun unloaded is a stupid rule, and it is the kind of shit that causes "I thought it was unloaded" accidents.

2.  Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and ready to fire.

Those are the rules.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are the rules.  

Yes, it is what is taught in NRA classes now. I brought up my objection to the instructor and he said that's just what they're supposed to teach.

I said,"Well, the four rules have been around for a long time and are better than this crap. I will continue to teach them". And I do.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like a jaw dropping experience.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes, it is what is taught in NRA classes now. I brought up my objection to the instructor and he said that's just what they're supposed to teach.

I said,"Well, the four rules have been around for a long time and are better than this crap. I will continue to teach them". And I do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those are the rules.  

Reading is fundamental. I didnt notice that rule number 1 is no longer  the "guns are always loaded" rule. WTF NRA??
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

He broke all three of these rules lol. What a dumbass
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Treat every weapon as if it is loaded.
Never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.
Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
Keep your weapon on safe until you are intend to fire.
No your target and what lies beyond it.

There are no accidents. Only negligence.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#46]
sounds like he is the type of guy that would bite off his nose to spite his face
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There's no such thing as an unloaded rifle, or at least if you treat all rifles like they're loaded stupid shit like this doesn't happen.
View Quote

Yep.  Double & triple check.  No need for an ND that could end your life or someone elses.  Whenever I pick up a gun, regardless I remove the magazine (if it has one) and check the chamber.  ALWAYS.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In before the law suit against the manufacturer for making an unsafe weapon.
View Quote

He would face off with them in court.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Every gun is always loaded.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top