Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they really talk like that in the cowboy days?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HBO did two brilliant series that they cancelled: "Rome" and "Deadwood".   I highly recommend both.

"Deadwood" had excellent acting, good production value, and was fairly well written in terms of the micro interactions and character development, but where it faulted was that it was ended too soon and therefore didn't have an opportunity to flush out its larger story to a satisfying conclusion. The "movie" was basically a rushed way to wrap up the loose ends and it unfortunately leaves a lot to be desired and is very unsatisfying. That said, it is still worth the watch.  It's basically uses a dialogue/language that is this crazy hybrid between Shakespeare and American English with a lot of swearing. The characters are interesting, well developed, and the show definitely will hold your attention if you don't need a lot of flashy transformers stuff on screen to hold your attention every second.

If you don't like historical dramas or westerns though you probably will not enjoy it. If you're sensitive to swearing I'd avoid it. If you're looking for non-stop gun fights and tribal attacks by Native Americans you'll be disappointed.  Otherwise, enjoy.
View Quote

Dude, I believe the preferred term is "dirt worshiper".
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, you fucking cocksucker.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
San Francisco cocksucker!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Of course it is you Kansas City cock sucker
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Everybody is a Cocksucker!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't a fan. Yes, I enjoyed parts of it, but Shakespeare mixed with the Wild West killed it for me.

Al Swearengen's character is pretty badass, though.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried twice to get into it because everyone kept telling me how good it was.
Gotta be a guy thing, I just could not engage with it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]

That’s one of the best pearls of wisdom in that show.  That clip starts too late though. You need the full dialog and Al slapping him to really get the full effect.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#10]
never mind...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top