Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're assuming that the next ban will be like the last ban
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mag bans. Guess people will be buying bodies, springs etc to replace damaged parts they already own.

OK People will be printing bodies, followers etc etc
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It wont pass the Senate. The House can pass this garbage all day long but its just for show.
View Quote

Wrong. This WILL pass.

That’s just my prediction, but supposedly Mitch McConnell is on board and wants it to pass. They’re worried about the midterms if Congress doesn’t “do something.”

They won’t ban ARs or universal background checks, but they will pass this.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Because everyone already has 100's of magazines due to all the before panics.  Multiple lifetimes of magazines?
View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would assume that there would be no sunset on anything they put in this time?

Also what's the plan for a possible mag ban? The whole $200 per mag, every year tax that was floated a while back? Or turn them in or we burn your house down?
View Quote

The bill is online. You can read it.

But, as I understand it, mags made after a certain date will require a serial number. If it doesn’t have a serial number it will be grandfathered.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But, as I understand it, mags made after a certain date will require a serial number. If it doesn’t have a serial number it will be grandfathered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would assume that there would be no sunset on anything they put in this time?

Also what's the plan for a possible mag ban? The whole $200 per mag, every year tax that was floated a while back? Or turn them in or we burn your house down?

Got it thank you!

Wonder how they will prove/disprove when mags were made?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Got it thank you!

View Quote

I assume they will rely on the fact that mag manufacturers want to stay in business and will comply with the law.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I assume they will rely on the fact that mag manufacturers want to stay in business and will comply with the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it thank you!

And I guess leave it up to the mag owner to prove the unmarked mags were legally obtained/manufactured before the ban date?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not worried, I won a case of PMags in a bet, so I'll have plenty once they arrive.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#9]
SEC. 602. RESTRICTIONS ON LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.
(a) In General.—Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after subsection (u) the following:

“(v) (1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of this subsection . . .

(b) Identification Markings For Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices.—Section 923(i) of title 18, United States Code, as amended by this Act, is further amended by inserting after subparagraph (A) of paragraph (1) the following:

“(B) A large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after the date of enactment of this subparagraph shall be identified by a serial number and the date on which the device was manufactured or made, legibly and conspicuously engraved or cast on the device, and such other identification as the Attorney General shall by regulations prescribe.”.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And I guess leave it up to the mag owner to prove the unmarked mags were legally obtained/manufactured before the ban date?
View Quote

No, the presumption will be unmarked = pre-ban

As for WHEN you obtained the mag, the burden of proof is on the prosecution.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just like most gun laws if they actually succeed in passing them they will never enforce them and do laws honestly mean anything now days?
View Quote

You bet your ass anti 2a Leo and DA/court/judges will enforce them to fullest extent possible, especially in ban states.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh they'll enforce them alright. Just not for everybody. Hood rats? Charges dropped. Gang member? charges dropped.
White, middle class family man? Must be made an example of!
View Quote

This 100% too.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m done caring.

Their laws are meaningless to me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You bet your ass anti 2a Leo and DA/court/judges will enforce them to fullest extent possible, especially in ban states.
View Quote

Basically, they just won’t allow any more magazines with greater than 10 capacity to be sold to the public. They really don’t understand how many mags are out in the wild already
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
But it will affect what you see in your local gun shop and online.  You won't see any mags over 10rds..  Sure they are "grandfathered in", but you won't see them in shops or online again.  These things are almost never undone...that is a big change, I would think?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
But it will affect what you see in your local gun shop and online.  You won't see any mags over 10rds..  Sure they are "grandfathered in", but you won't see them in shops or online again.  These things are almost never undone...that is a big change, I would think?

@carbon2329  If it is passed, it will suck, but we will fight with lawsuits and flat out noncompliance, as well as nullification in court hearings when people are charged, and removing those who vote for it.  But in the meantime...

Calls rank higher for them, and everyone should spend a few minutes per day calling their rep and both senators.  I worked for a Senator and know the system.

Script:

“I need you to represent me, which means: No red flag laws, no magazine caps or bans, no laws telling me how to store my fireàrms, no changes to age or background checks! No ban on AR15’s, the most popular rifle in America! It’s not a gun problem, it’s a government-failing-to-do-its-job-with-current-laws problem! And a lack of insane asylums problem!"  Then thank them for their time.

That's it.  Click either Senator or Representative to look up phone numbers, addresses and a means to email them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I live in a free state too, but if this goes through, I still won't see mags over 10rds

And this has a decent chance at passing...more so than ever before.. It's just curious no one is more concerns (it seems that way at least).
View Quote

Most know it won't pass as is.  Dems really want the mag ban and AWB, those are their holy grails, but the gop know they will kill the red wave if they allow it.  So those treasonous cucks will allow red flags and NICS checks on juvenile records, and maybe an age restriction.  But not mags or AR's.  And they will assume conservatives will be relieved they only stabbed us in the back a little bit and keep voting for them.

Most are sick of this, and at the point we don't give a flying fuck what unconstitutional law they pass... as we will follow their lead, and just like those politicians we will ignore any laws we don't like, especially those that are illegitimate and unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#18]
A lot of us stopped caring a long time ago...
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh they'll enforce them alright. Just not for everybody. Hood rats? Charges dropped. Gang member? charges dropped.
White, middle class family man? Must be made an example of!
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Everyone knows the score.

The .gov will continue to infringe upon our rights, strip our wealth & generally abuse is until some of us snap, do the needful & then they’ll really crush us in the tyranny vice. If you haven’t already accepted that in the eyes of the US federal government liberty loving, Constitution abiding, Christian, working, White people are a sworn enemy to be destroyed I really don’t know what to tell you. Open your eyes I guess.

Combine that with the 3 tiered (yes 3) Justice system that we all have seen vividly over the last 2 years & you end up with a whole bunch of people who just really don’t care any more. They’re coming for you, me, us. What difference does it make if it goes down today, tomorrow or next year? The result is the same.

For all intents & purposes the federal .gov is screaming “FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!” right in our faces. Some of us are more than willing to scream “FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU” right back.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don’t give a fuck. I will continue to do what I want.
View Quote

Couldn't have said it any better myself!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because everyone already has 100's of magazines due to all the before panics.  Multiple lifetimes of magazines?
View Quote

Multiple lifetimes of mags, multiple lifetimes of guns, multiple lifetimes of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
HR 7910
-Raise the purchasing age for semiautomatic rifles from 18 to 21;
-Ban the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, and possession of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices;
-Establish new federal crimes for gun trafficking and straw purchases;
-Require gun owners to meet residential gun storage requirements and establish criminal penalties for violating those requirements;
-Require registration of existing bump-stock-type devices under the National Firearms Act and bar the manufacture, sale, or possession of new bump-stock-type devices for civilian use; and
-Change the definition of “ghost gun” and require background checks on all firearm sales.

From what I understand, this has a reasonable chance at success, no thanks to Republicans,  but why aren't more folks concerned especially about magazines restrictions?

Am I missing something?
View Quote

Because no one is going to do what they say regardless.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HR 7910
-Ban the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, and possession of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices;
-Require gun owners to meet residential gun storage requirements and establish criminal penalties for violating those requirements;
-Require registration of existing bump-stock-type devices under the National Firearms Act and bar the manufacture, sale, or possession of new bump-stock-type devices for civilian use; and
-Change the definition of “ghost gun” and require background checks on all firearm sales.

From what I understand, this has a reasonable chance at success, no thanks to Republicans,  but why aren't more folks concerned especially about magazines restrictions?

Am I missing something?

Malignancy Pelosi and Chuckie Schemer are working very hard to start the Catalina Wine Mixer...
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#25]
SteveBuscemiFuckAllThat.gif
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#26]
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Since when do outlaws give a shit about the laws they are breaking?

After the first one drops the rest are for free so let Washington decree what they will. I don't give a shit anymore.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dude, the way the economy is going nobody's going to have the money to buy a magazine.
View Quote

I was going to say the extra money that would go to mags and ammo is going to food and fuel for a lot of people.

I need to buy more ammo and mags. I will likely buy one or more swamp coolers instead to offset the inevitable electric rate hikes here. Our local plant is natural gas.

I also just bought $2,220 worth of pond liner for a swimming pond. Hopefully that will offset energy costs as well. Plus back up water storage.

People are preparing for hard times.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But you won't be able to buy another mag above 10 rds.....so you won't be able to do what you want...(sincere response)
View Quote

If you have 400 mags you will

Sorta makes me want to buy another 100 this week.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#30]
How do we have multiple pages of people that don't know that bills change in both House and Senate Subcommittees? Often multiple times?

How do you NOT know this?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#31]
You are thinking of the bipartisan bill the Senate is working on, not this.  Mitch has given exactly zero blessing to any of this.

"Wrong. This WILL pass.

That’s just my prediction, but supposedly Mitch McConnell is on board and wants it to pass. They’re worried about the midterms if Congress doesn’t “do something.”

They won’t ban ARs or universal background checks, but they will pass this."
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mag bans. Guess people will be buying bodies, springs etc to replace damaged parts they already own.
View Quote
Bingo

CA used to get cases of mag replacement bodies.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Because the House can pass whatever the fuck they want, and often do. It doesn't mean shit. Its posturing and pissing into the wind.

Edit: And I have enough mags that my great-grandchildren in AD2136 could wipe their asses with them and still not run out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Companies are practically giving them (mags) away currently. If you are that worried about current legislation, stack them deep and buy the needed parts to rebuild them. It's not like they wear out very fast or at all.
View Quote
I have LEO glock mags made in October 1994, still work great
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Would take 60 senators to pass this.  Best guess is 53 or 54 would vote yes.

View Quote

If they can get 51, then it will be “we are suspending the filibuster For the Children™?“.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#36]
This bill is DOA.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Everyone knows the score.

The .gov will continue to infringe upon our rights, strip our wealth & generally abuse is until some of us snap, do the needful & then they’ll really crush us in the tyranny vice. If you haven’t already accepted that in the eyes of the US federal government liberty loving, Constitution abiding, Christian, working, White people are a sworn enemy to be destroyed I really don’t know what to tell you. Open your eyes I guess.

Combine that with the 3 tiered (yes 3) Justice system that we all have seen vividly over the last 2 years & you end up with a whole bunch of people who just really don’t care any more. They’re coming for you, me, us. What difference does it make if it goes down today, tomorrow or next year? The result is the same.

For all intents & purposes the federal .gov is screaming “FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!” right in our faces. Some of us are more than willing to scream “FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU” right back.

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#38]
None of those things will pass.  More concerning are the efforts to create registration from so-called universal background checks.  If a ban were to pass today, the noncompliance would be huge.  A list of owners makes it much harder.

Remember that one of the tricks the Dems play is the "big ask," where a purported "compromise" yields no benefits for conservatives other than a less extreme version of what the Dems are proposing.  If the Dems want UBC, then we should demand that suppressors should be removed from the NFA because further regulation should be unnecessary.  How about a federal law allowing carry nationwide for law-abiding citizens?  "Big asks" by conservatives that Dems will never agree to are the best way to fight this stuff.  If we think "a good guy with a gun" is the solution, we should be asking Dems why they are standing in the way.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#39]
In my opinion, the people that are proposing this bill don't want it to pass.

Including the magazine ban is likely a guarantee this won't pass.

If they had removed that and went for the rest, it would likely pass.

However, it's much more convenient to submit a bill that's known to be a non-starter, but that a lot of people will look to as reasonable, and then blame the other party for obstructing it.

They want reelected more than they want to pass this bill. And this bill in its current form does a better job at that if it passes, and especially if it fails.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#40]
bans don't stop anything.

criminals already have a black market for stuff like that.

The only thing that will change is, well, nothing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But you won't be able to buy another mag above 10 rds.....so you won't be able to do what you want...(sincere response)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t give a fuck. I will continue to do what I want.

Were you a firearms owning adult during the 94-04 ? Options were limited, but there was no shortage of " LEO only" magazines for sale to anyone with cash . With the advancements like 3d printing , I'm certain that there would be lots of new made magazines out there for the most common firearms
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wrong. This WILL pass.

That's just my prediction, but supposedly Mitch McConnell is on board and wants it to pass. They're worried about the midterms if Congress doesn't "do something."

They won't ban ARs or universal background checks, but they will pass this.
View Quote
A mag ban will fuck them just as bad as a awb will.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:01:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
HR 7910

Am I missing something?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Am I missing something?
View Quote

That the enemy has utterly lost the culture war part of 2A, so nothing else matters in the long run.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe. For a short time. Assuming I don't just print one during the period the law exists anyway.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No way of knowing for certain but everything that has been proposed and written on the federal level for the last few years has had grandfathering. Even that hasn't went anywhere. So its unlikely a no grandfather ban is going anywhere in the near future.

State level like NY or NJ obviously varies.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Unless they do what Wa has done. Come july first you cant buy things to replace broken parts (bodies, springs, followers) because its illegal to buy ANYTHING that can manufacture a hicap mag.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless they do what Wa has done. Come july first you cant buy things to replace broken parts (bodies, springs, followers) because its illegal to buy ANYTHING that can manufacture a hicap mag.

I didn't realize parts were also banned. Interesting.

As cheap as most mags are though, I don't see the point is buying spare parts just buy more mags.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong. This WILL pass.

That's just my prediction, but supposedly Mitch McConnell is on board and wants it to pass. They're worried about the midterms if Congress doesn't "do something."

They won't ban ARs or universal background checks, but they will pass this.

I really doubt either one will pass. UBC either.

Some sort of red flag bill might. That is biggest realistic danger I think.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#49]
The filibuster is our friend...
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Who are the Republicans who voted for this trash?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top