Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I might've been in high school the last time I had a big mac.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have, but Big Macs suck. Way too much bun, and shitty bun at that, with paper thin shitty burgers. And they're what, something like 5 or 6 bucks just for the sandwich now? LOL no.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have eaten many of them.  I prefer a McDLT or a Big and Tasty though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.  I even worked there for a couple years and didn't.
View Quote

This the quarter pounder is superior In every way.

When I worked there and made myself a sandwich, it was always a double quarter pounder or a McChicken.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
lol at the people who are lying that they have not eaten one....
View Quote

This! I have a couple a year probably, not bad!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I can honestly say I've never eaten a Big Mac.

Not because I'm all high and mighty about never eating McDonald's, but because when I was younger and went there I'd always order a double quarter pounder with cheese instead.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Bigmac is the worst item on the menu. Always has been.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to get the  Big Mac $5 meal deals on Monday sometimes,  but they ended that sometime earlier in the year.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Will be 50 next month and I can honestly say I've never ate a Big Mac sandwich ever

Now quarter and double quarters along with various cheeseburgers and Mc Chickens heck yes
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The last one I had was a few weeks ago and had much smaller patties and very little toppings. I actually said "what the fuck is this".
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#11]
We eat fast food about once a month, and it's usually McD's.

I actually love the Big Mac meal, but then have to work out twice as hard because I feel guilty.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I’ve had a couple in my life. I don’t remember them being especially great. I don’t think I’ve had a Whopper and probably need to try one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've only ever had 1. Quarter Pounder with cheese  is 100x better. That thing has too much bread.
View Quote

Quarter Pounder is a big step up in quality.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to grab one every three or four years.  Then eating it would remind me they aren’t nearly as good as Inthought they were as a teenager.   I know pretty much remember that they are a sucky low quality mush mess.   If I have to grab something like on a road trip and it’s quick I’d rather have a two cheeseburger meal or a quarter pounder with cheese.  Remember a couple years ago when they touted a less shitty patty for the quarter pounders!?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#15]
My first was the year they came out.  I still remember the foil wrap and cardboard collar that kept the heel, club, and crown of the bun in perfect alignment.

It was a huge amount of burger for the young me.  I didn't have another till in my teens.

Now, it's a regular in my rotation of food that I enjoy at McDonald's.

... am I in before the weak tummy crowd starts whining about how sick they get?  Fragile fucking panzies!
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
It's probably been a decade...

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah, but have you had the Big Mec?

It will literally change your life.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/F6CC96C3-42AB-49D7-9CC0-058D48E02E3D-2518612.jpg
View Quote

What the fuck?  Is that Cthulu on a bun?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun.

I'm one of those who genuinely thinks they used to taste better and wonders what they do now to make everything taste so nasty.
View Quote

Differences:

The 10:1 patties are now cooked on both sides at the same time.  Because this has a lower quality sear on the bottom the Maillard effect of caramelization may not occur.

Because of the clamshell grill, onion bits are no longer placed on top of the patties (was done when they were flipped) to steam and pick some of the beef juice flavor.

The buns are often not toasted.

Mac sauce portioning seems inconsistent.  Maybe they stopped using the grease gun style dispenser.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

explain please. Your food pictures are usually incredible but this looks like a blown head gasket.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/F6CC96C3-42AB-49D7-9CC0-058D48E02E3D-2518612.jpg

explain please. Your food pictures are usually incredible but this looks like a blown head gasket.

It almost looks like a chocolate sundae on a bun... but that's probably cheese, not ice cream.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is how mine looked:

So yes, I have had it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes.  The Grand Mac was pretty solid also.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#22]
They were damn good 50 years ago.

Now they suck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Sure many in the last 40 years. None recently anymore is all I taste is salt.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#25]
They used to be great back in the late 80s early 90s. The last one I had was five - six years ago probably, it was a shadow of it's former self. And I swear they got considerably smaller.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I ate two big macs and a medium fry for lunch on Saturday.

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#27]
No.

When I was a kid I would get two cheeseburgers when I went to McDonalds... although I really didn't like McDonalds as a kid.

As an adult I moved on to the quarter pounder when I went to McDonalds and never wanted to try a Big Mac.

I'm like that, I get set in my ways when it comes to food and have no desire to try new things.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I think they're ok. McDonald's is also kinda kids friendly and the happy meals come with toys. My wife will stop with the kids every once in a while. Last time was 3-4 months ago and my son was playing with that happy meal toy today so it's a win.

Last winter we stopped after Ice Castles and I think I had a big mac. I'm still alive and it didn't give me the runs.

Growing up their fajitas and apple pies we're good.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
At some point in the 90's they stopped toasting the buns.
https://www.milantoast.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/tostapane-a-nastro-fastfood.jpg
ETA: looks like they went back to toasting so cancel that theory
View Quote

I worked at McDs in 1967-68. Buns were toasted on the griddle (at least, where I worked).
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've only ever had 1. Quarter Pounder with cheese  is 100x better. That thing has too much bread.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
View Quote

That's not McChicken sauce dripping from your mom's snatch.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Used to eat them 2-3 at a time when I was a scrawny 16y/o with the metabolism of a hummingbird. I'd also kill a couple hot apple pies too.

I still have one about 1x per year. They haven't gotten any better.

ETA: I ate a couple of these when we lived in AK:

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun.

I'm one of those who genuinely thinks they used to taste better and wonders what they do now to make everything taste so nasty.
View Quote

A lot of MacDonald’s stuff still tastes alright overseas. Euro MacNuggs are like being transported back to the 1990s. Some real Proustian shit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#34]
But have you ever had a NIG MAC?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Once a year with super-size frys.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I thought they were great when I was younger.  Not sure if my tastes evolved or the food went downhill, but now they are trashcan food.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

At some point in the 90's they stopped toasting the buns.
https://www.milantoast.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/tostapane-a-nastro-fastfood.jpg

ETA: looks like they went back to toasting so cancel that theory
View Quote

They never toasted them like that. The bun toasters had a dual sided platen.
The prep tray of bun crowns would go on the under side, cut side up. A handle was pulled, and the platen came down to mechanically limited hight that compressed the bun a bit. When the timer went off, the tray was removed and put on the prep table to be dressed.

When the crowns were pulled, the heels went into the top side, cut side down.  A metal cover went down, again providing a little pressure.

The Mac bun toaster had 2 plates.  This accommodated 6 heels and clubs at once...  Unless your grill team was really good and could handle a 12 burger and 12 Mac turn/lay.

We were that good, and better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I still remember my first one. My boss wanted to show off his Corvette. So we went to a McD's in northern Detroit, I think it was 1969. It was pretty tasty, but way too far for me to drive for one under normal circumstances.
I think the next time I had one was late 70's as they became more prevalent around my area.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#41]
They are better with no middle bun and from Hardee's
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I was raised in KY

Yall should be happy I can half ass spell to even be able to communicate on here
View Quote

Well, in that case, I have had at least eight big Macs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I used to like them. But I swear the patty has shrunk.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I had one every school day afternoon, after junior high football practice-- Central Junior High, Moorhead MN, 1970 to 73. in 90 minutes I burned calories equivalent to 3 or 4 Big Macs.

I think they first came out at 50 cents per.  There was a McDonald's across the street from the entrance to the locker room of our practice facility, 8th street around 6th avenue south or so.  It was the former high school building converted to Moorhead school admin, but they still had the locker room for us.

I remember it went to 75 cents. . .  F##k!!!!! Worth it though.

I recall I went from 5'4" to 5' 9.5" in about 4 months while eating two all beef patties, special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun.  Topped out at 6'2"

I don't do seed oils now, and the carb count is brutal, but I stick by my decision in those days to do at least 5 per week for 10 weeks a year, paid for by my paper route and lawn mowing business.

Totally worth it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I have several a year.  I like them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding.

See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's.

They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs.

They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#47]
tie her up and blindfold her tonight. tell her you have a special treat.  tickle her with feathers and do other stuff.  When the time is right, tell her to open her mouth.  (just before commencing Operation Chased2Death, cut up a big mac)
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#48]
17% of the people here have NEVER had a Big Mac?  Mind, blown.  

How is that possible?
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2022 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes. And it’s eaten, ffs.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top