Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You move sofas and throw hay bails 5 times a week for an hour every week?

Edit: If you said this with sarcasm please ignore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, why would I waste time doing pushups when I can be moving sofas or throwing hay bails?

Stop being weak
You move sofas and throw hay bails 5 times a week for an hour every week?

Edit: If you said this with sarcasm please ignore.
Lol. You obviously missed one of the most epic fitness threads of arfcom history.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
How many push-ups do I do every day?  All of them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
53x11 is my gym. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you even lift bro?
53x11 is my gym. 
That doesn't count when you are spinning 10rpm.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seems like maybe it could be possible to get big but with like thousands and thousands of reps a day. Kind of like how cyclists can get really big legs-
http://www.bicycling.com/sites/bicycling.com/files/articles/2015/05/quads-dana-996.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a client in jail that got beat up by a black muslim gang, and he was telling me about how they work out every day.  They made their own little gym out of prison stuff, using water as weight, etc.  Unfortunately he committed suicide shortly afterwards.  I thought it was odd there was a muslim gang in a completely white rural area.  I'll try to stay out of there.
Seems like maybe it could be possible to get big but with like thousands and thousands of reps a day. Kind of like how cyclists can get really big legs-
http://www.bicycling.com/sites/bicycling.com/files/articles/2015/05/quads-dana-996.jpg
Track cyclists have big legs because they have the test levels of a silverback guerilla.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a client in jail that got beat up by a black muslim gang, and he was telling me about how they work out every day.  They made their own little gym out of prison stuff, using water as weight, etc.  Unfortunately he committed suicide shortly afterwards.  I thought it was odd there was a muslim gang in a completely white rural area.  I'll try to stay out of there.
Black guy muscles.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you even lift bro?
53x11 is my gym. 
Ha!

Not a triathlete.

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ha!

Not a triathlete.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you even lift bro?
53x11 is my gym. 
Ha!

Not a triathlete.

I've been doing a bunch of intervals so I can do Crits. Before cycling I'd laugh at anyone calling cycling a leg workout. Yeaaaaaa. You do some intervals a couple times a week and you'll get monster quads if you're bulking. I stopped doing leg workouts except for some calf raises and hammy curls.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
0.  I have done pushups 2 days this year. It might interfere with my bench press and overhead press. At least that's my justification.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
100 pushups
100 situps
100 squats
and 10km running

EVERY SINGLE DAY
View Quote
psh air squats. That doesn't even count.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not a brag thread.

50 x 2 in the morning.

50 x 2 before sleep.

Why do I still have tits? 
View Quote

But do you lift bro?

ETA: Better question is how many burpees can you do?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Get on an EC stack and cutting is so easy you'll have to force yourself to eat.
View Quote
EC?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
if masturbating counts as a push-up, i have done a 1000 by 10am
View Quote
I rub out two sets of kids before i get out of bed in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I rub out two sets of kids before i get out of bed in the morning.
View Quote
Those are rookie numbers. I need you to pump those numbers up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am 6'1 and I weigh about 180 lbs.

I can hang in Masters 45+ crits. I just dont like having tits.
View Quote
Do the fly thing or whatever it's called with dumbbells  and also the peck deck?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Track cyclists have big legs because they have the test levels of a silverback guerilla.
View Quote
There has to be an equivalent for the upper body/arms.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

EC?
View Quote
Ephedra/caffeine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ephedra/caffeine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EC?
Ephedra/caffeine.
Ephedrine actually. Ephedra is banned. Ephedrine is not. But it's a pain to buy sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ephedrine actually. Ephedra is banned. Ephedrine is not. But it's a pain to buy sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EC?
Ephedra/caffeine.
Might as well just go with trenbolone.

Eat clen. Tren hard. Anavar give up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#20]
25 pushups, 25 situps and a 2 mile walk at lunch everyday.  I work in an office/management position, so I can't get sweaty.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like you aced it!!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EC?
Ephedra/caffeine.

The MITCHELL!  diet is my downfall.

booze is NOT good food.

Just did 101 pushups. Clean ones.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EC?
Ephedra/caffeine.

lol yes. You're a miscer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol. You obviously missed one of the most epic fitness threads of arfcom history.
View Quote
I always miss the good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm confused here.  

Is it the fatties or the muscle bound 'roid heads who hate push-ups?

I think its the fatties who think they are muscle bound.  My advice:  Put the cupcake down and do a few (if you can).

100 Push Ups
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm confused here.  

I think its the fatties who think they are muscle bound.  My advice:  Put the cupcake down and do a few (if you can).

100 Push Ups  
View Quote
No one in this thread hates push ups that I know of. There are many of us however that realize how ineffective they are in relation to almost anything else.

If you're completely sedentary and do zero exercises at all, sure you'll get some benefit from doing push ups every day.

Someone like me can do 1000 per day and see no change in their body at all. Progressive overload is the name of the game.

ETA: and as far as I know all of the guys here are natty and work very hard. So calling us roid heads is an insult.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#27]
20-30
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Lost a close friend on March 6th. Doing 22 push-ups a day, everyday, until my arms stop working.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#29]
I go to the gym. Push ups are just to warm the muscles so I don't count. Few dozen a couple times a weak.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#30]
weight = calories / 10

if you eat 1500 calories per day, you will weigh 150 lbs. if you eat 3000 per day, you will weigh 300.

calories = calories in - calories out

your pushups burn maybe 100 calories. it's a lot less than you think. if you're still eating 3000 calories a day, like most americans, you're now looking at 2900 calories. you'll drop 300 lbs of boob to 290 lbs of boob at a rate of about 1 lb every 30 days.

1 lb = 3000 calories, give or take. so the first day of 290 calories, you'll be lacking 100 calories. if you give yourself cheat days, you'll essentially eat back up to 3000. one cheeseburger at 1000 calories will nullify 10 days worth of work. as you can see - exercise is meaningless compared to diet.

if you don't starve periodically, ctc1 gets all fucked up. ctc1 modifies telomerase. start looking for that word. telomerase binds to telomers. telomers are the protective tails on your dna. when it gets fucked up, your dna gets fucked up. when your dna gets fucked up, you get cancer. keep eating, get cancer. there are starvation mimicking diets, where you cut to 800 calories for 5 days that can keep you much healthier. but i doubt anyone in america has that capacity.

except the 1 person that posted photos. if you live in america and you have that physique, hats off to ye. you're amazing. you'll be lonely as shit because by the age of 60, all your friends will be dead of heart disease or cancer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No one in this thread hates push ups that I know of. There are many of us however that realize how ineffective they are in relation to almost anything else.

If you're completely sedentary and do zero exercises at all, sure you'll get some benefit from doing push ups every day.

Someone like me can do 1000 per day and see no change in their body at all. Progressive overload is the name of the game.

ETA: and as far as I know all of the guys here are natty and work very hard. So calling us roid heads is an insult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm confused here.  

100 Push Ups  

You ought to try some manmakers.  

Or, narrow grip barbell pushups with occlusion bands around your arms.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Pretty much Zero but I do push weight off my chest at the gym
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Just to say, I went from 170 pounds to 230 lbs due to a major injury from a mountain biking incident. Time off. Beer. NASCAR. Beer.

I am now doing about 200 miles per week on the bike. I weigh about 180 lbs. now.  

Will I lose these tits? 
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just to say, I went from 170 pounds to 230 lbs due to a major injury from a mountain biking incident. Time off. Beer. NASCAR. Beer.

I am now doing about 200 miles per week on the bike. I weigh about 180 lbs. now.  

Will I lose these tits? 
View Quote
From what I've seen, stretchy skin from being fat, no.  My abs were never the same from letting myself get too fat in my late 20's, no matter how low my bf% is.  Luckily, I wasn't that fat.  I've had some friends who lost a lot of weight, and their bellies, chests, are saggy messes unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

EC?
View Quote

Just make sure you don't have high BP when doing this.  Plus, don't do it for more than a month because your cortisol will get too damned high.

I'd actually say don't do it all together.  Though it definitely helps controlling hunger and burns dem calories.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Push ups my buddy and I used to do the "10 push ups of hell" at the end of our chest workouts, where he and I would take turns doing 10 push ups and whoever wasn't going would push down on the other's back just enough to make him struggle as much as possible throughout each rep.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

weight = calories / 10

if you eat 1500 calories per day, you will weigh 150 lbs. if you eat 3000 per day, you will weigh 300.

calories = calories in - calories out

your pushups burn maybe 100 calories. it's a lot less than you think. if you're still eating 3000 calories a day, like most americans, you're now looking at 2900 calories. you'll drop 300 lbs of boob to 290 lbs of boob at a rate of about 1 lb every 30 days.

1 lb = 3000 calories, give or take. so the first day of 290 calories, you'll be lacking 100 calories. if you give yourself cheat days, you'll essentially eat back up to 3000. one cheeseburger at 1000 calories will nullify 10 days worth of work. as you can see - exercise is meaningless compared to diet.

if you don't starve periodically, ctc1 gets all fucked up. ctc1 modifies telomerase. start looking for that word. telomerase binds to telomers. telomers are the protective tails on your dna. when it gets fucked up, your dna gets fucked up. when your dna gets fucked up, you get cancer. keep eating, get cancer. there are starvation mimicking diets, where you cut to 800 calories for 5 days that can keep you much healthier. but i doubt anyone in america has that capacity.

except the 1 person that posted photos. if you live in america and you have that physique, hats off to ye. you're amazing. you'll be lonely as shit because by the age of 60, all your friends will be dead of heart disease or cancer.
View Quote
When you do the calculations, keep in mind "food calories" are usually reported in thermodynamic kilo calories without the "K" notation.  That means if you eat 100 "food calories" you need to burn off 100,000 thermodynamic calories to equalize intake and burn off.  On the other hand, the human body is a very inefficient user of the food that is taken in.  A lot gets burned off as heat keeping the body at a nominal 98.6 deg F, a lot is simply eliminated as waste, while the excess is kept as waist.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I didn't call you a 'roid head.  

You posted pics of yourself and I didn't see any 'roid usaged going on.  If anything, your body fat is too low and you look underfed.  

You wouldn't last 6 months at my job.  You'd either be out sick all time, or get tossed around like a rag doll when its time to get busy.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You posted pics of yourself and I didn't see any 'roid usaged going on.  If anything, your body fat is too low and you look underfed.  

You wouldn't last 6 months at my job.  You'd either be out sick all time, or get tossed around like a rag doll when its time to get busy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He looks perfectly healthy to me. 
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He looks perfectly healthy to me. 
View Quote
Well.   At least you don't own a Miata anymore.

Otherwise, I'd say that's borderline hagay.gif
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I do pushups before each Orange Theory Fitness session I attend. My way of greeting the trainer. I go 3-4 times a week. I do 65-100 depending on how my arthritic wrists are feeling. Can't do them touching my chest to the floor my wrists won't allow it. I touch my stomach on the down. At 75 I am happy I can still get down and do anything.

I want to sell my car and get a motorcycle as my means of transportation (wife has a car) but my left thumb is so bad I can't pull the clutch lever to shift without out a lot of pain so I am looking at a Honda DCT (auto) want a Can-Am but can't afford it.
Old man complains about his health what else can an old man do?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds really gay. I assume getting tossed around when it's time to get busy refers to gay porn, yes?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That sounds really gay. I assume getting tossed around when it's time to get busy refers to gay porn, yes?
View Quote
Would like to know what he does too..
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing Farm Strong.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Zero.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some gayness, lots of homo sapiens, many assholes.  Assholes everywhere.  

Can't talk about it yet.  I'm probably going to retire next year and then I'll be out from my non disclosure agreement.  

PM me then if you want my spot.  But you'll have to live in California and pass the pre-employment test.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I was born to do push ups, could do 120 in two minutes in the Army.  I don't do them anymore, I lift weights.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#50]
If you have moobs, nothing will make them go away except surgery.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top