Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only if the EBT's fail or the 'entitled' start getting turned away at the ER.
Not likely at this point.
But Karen may crack soon if she can't get her Starbucks.
View Quote

Wants to speak with the Starbucks Manager
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The neighbor and I have a minor swamp problem on our shared property line that will need addressing, and there is a ton of spring-type stuff to do around the house.
View Quote

Willow tree.
They suck alot of water up.
The only loophole to building an access road through what once was a swamp in NYS is to use Willow trees wisely.
ENCON and DEC haven't figured that one out yet.
What once was "protected wetlands" is now access road for a few trails and such.
They're sneaky. But not smart.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Willow tree.
They suck alot of water up.
The only loophole to building an access road through what once was a swamp in NYS is to use Willow trees wisely.
ENCON and DEC haven't figured that one out yet.
What once was "protected wetlands" is now access road for a few trails and such.
They're sneaky. But not smart.

View Quote

It's a drainage problem. We need to get in there with a backhoe and replace some damaged drain. His artesian drains across our shared property line and it's not draining right, so the water is backed up into my lawn. Some of my other neighbors tell me there used to be a willow tree in my yard that got chopped up when the village ran it's sewer system
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It already is.  DVs and suicide attempts at my agency are through the roof.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not going to happen.

I am seeing a lot of dog fight wounds past couple of weeks. Theory is owners are stressed; pets sense it and lash out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I actually saw kids playing outside, riding bikes, more people in the neighborhood talking to one another.
View Quote

Same here. Parents in the yard playing ball with their kids. My son has put down his phone and been riding his bike all day.

As for how long people are going to put up with this, I predict two more weeks max.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The lockdowns, the shortages, the uncertainty, etc.

Make your prediction.

ETA: I'm talking about a significant ramp up in crime, such as looting & burglaries, as well as divorces, family abandonment, among other things.
View Quote

This whole thing will be over long before any of that becomes common enough to be daily headlines.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Too many are treating this crusis like a fucking paid vacation and excuse to party.

I commute through Lake Lanier area to/from work daily.
The amount of leisure traffic I get stuck in through the park area has just about doubled lately.
Neighbors having friends over... kids running everywhere, etc...

I cannot wrap my head around it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
My neighbor is a school teacher and couple days ago when they announced the lockdown here in VT, I was outside and I heard her scream "I can't take this anymore!" Then the next morning, she just took off, no idea where. Came back a few hours later.

My dad is getting frustrated. I talked to him the other day and he was saying how he didn't think the governor could just tell people they couldn't leave their homes. "How are they gonna enforce it? What are they gonna do, pull me over?" I told him that people were dying and he's just going to have to deal with it for the greater good. He got kind of mad when I said there's more here at stake than your 401k.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am seeing a lot of dog fight wounds past couple of weeks. Theory is owners are stressed; pets sense it and lash out.
View Quote

Happened in my house last week, but wasn't due to CCP Virus stress.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]
This. The internet pacifies with information and entertainment. Once that’s gone... I see only trouble.

But I can’t see that happening for a while out. So many systems would have to fail. But ultimately it would take a power outage from lack of maintenance to hot wire the same result.

Further, if the food supply chain gets materially disrupted in a local area, it might get weird after that locally.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Too many are treating this crisis like a fucking paid vacation and excuse to party.

I commute through Lake Lanier area to/from work daily.
The amount of leisure traffic I get stuck in through the park area has just about doubled lately.
Neighbors having friends over... kids running everywhere, etc...

I cannot wrap my head around it.
View Quote

So I shouldn't go striper fishing there this weekend?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#12]
The courts are closed.

And the problem is...?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I will say it again

What a giant bunch of pussies

How much until they crack? What hardships are people living under? Having to get takeaway rather than dine in? Having to stay in and watch Tiger King and a  My 600 Pound Life marathon?

Jesus Christ,90% of Arf was ready to start smoking National Guard convoys with IEDs 2 months ago and now they can't take being indoors. I ask again,just what in the fuck did you think was going to happen if you started shooting? Please tell me: inform me how you were going to shoot it out with the Virginia State Police on Monday and go back to work on Tuesday. I am all ears on this war plan,I absolutely have to know.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I won't crack. This doesn't effect me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I haven't seen anything locally to indicate people are breaking down.  We have people in the neighborhood writing positive messages
on their front windows.  Yesterday the neighborhood had families out everywhere going for walks yet keeping distance as they passed
other families.  Neighbor across the street was out in his parka grilling in the driveway.  

The grocery stores are low on items, but Walmart still has toilet paper and other basic items.  Certain things are limited to 1 per person
and I haven't heard of anyone getting into fights over food items.  Personally, it's been a an adjustment since both my wife and I normally
go to an office every day.  We have a home office that's better setup than my work place, so I don't have an issue working at home.  

Obviously it sucks, but I'm hopeful that the impact of this thing in ND won't be as bad as places like NY.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I will say it again

How much until they crack? What hardships are people living under? Having to get takeaway rather than dine in? Having to stay in and watch Tiger King and a  My 600 Pound Life marathon?

Jesus Christ,90% of Arf was ready to start smoking National Guard convoys with IEDs 2 months ago and now they can't take being indoors. I ask again,just what in the fuck did you think was going to happen if you started shooting? Please tell me: inform me how you were going to shoot it out with the Virginia State Police on Monday and go back to work on Tuesday. I am all ears on this war plan,I absolutely have to know.

View Quote

This.

Oh you have to stay away from people for a few weeks.  Big fucking deal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's really no "this" at our house.  We're both already kinda anti-social homebodies.  We're both still working.  Our daily lives haven't really changed much, if at all.  

*shrug*
View Quote

My wife and I are the same. We are both blessed to be working.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#18]
As long as people crack away from me IDGAF.  I’m living the damn dream.  No wife, no kids, money in the bank, working for the time being.  Taking advantage of lawlessness to use my 4 wheeler as as my daily driver.  Getting swoll at the empty school playground instead of the gym.  Eating clean off my preps.  Watching the doomers and our idiot .gov crash our economy and laughing.   These could very well be the best days of my life. Crack away, fuckers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#19]
As Bert said to Reba McEntire, "Magazine!"

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#20]
No problems here.  Social distancing and bugging in is what I do best.  Everyone in my work has started working from home, though.  For the first time in YEARS I was the first in the door this morning.  The lights weren't even on.  It was like...

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been seeing posts on FB from a few folks that I think are getting close.  Like they are literally scared to go outside or to work and about to crack from it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We had a murder-suicide yesterday, older couple. No reason, probably has something to do with what’s going on.

The suicide hot lines are beyond the breaking point. FNC said they put out a call of volunteers and got almost 8k.

More people are probably going to die from substance abuse, depression, etc, than from the stupid bs virus. I have a friend who hasn’t been sober in over a week, when this is over, he and I are going to have a talk and maybe pay a visit to AA. The liqure stores here are mobbed.

There is already an uptick in domestic violence. Someone posted a story about an uptick in child abuse. I bet divorce rates increase after this is over.
View Quote

Are cops still rolling on domestic disputes? I have a hunch those are on the rise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

This is the TP and paper towel aisle at my local store yesterday. They are stocked on pretty much everything else.

My friend has four daughters. When they run out of TP, there will be a riot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#24]
One more week and things will get spicy
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not going to happen.

The suicide rate in my AO has had a noticeable uptick.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#26]
The most wound up person I know just left for vacation to NC. He is expecting 25% death rate, military roaming the streets, no food at the stores etc typical doomer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My wife needs some anti anxiety meds. She is freaking out over a whole 40 or so cases total in our county.
View Quote

I’m sorry to hear that. Talk to your primary care doc, they can help her with it.

My wife’s hospital just started drive up testing & my wife volunteered to man it. That woman’s a honey badger and I love her for it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Watch a state close the Piggly Wiggly and some trailer parks will burn when the residents can't get their Mr. Pibb and Moon Pies.
View Quote
Sheeeit.  What I wouldn't do to get bottled Mr. Pibb in normal times.  That is something you don't see in the Southwest.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#29]
How much more? The same amount as in the last several threads about this very topic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Electrical power gets KO'd here for up to two weeks after a brush with a 'Cane and a few of those experiences tend to toughen people up (at least it did me).

So far its been pretty much SOP.  People can still go to the beach (Volusia), one of the few still open.

Be a learing experience to see how resilient the economy is as the ripple affects of the shutdowns negatively cascade outward into it.

Is it a tough diesel engine that will roar back to life? Or, is it a delicate Swiss watch that has been really fucked up?

History...we are making it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#31]
The amount of stress on small business owners over this is staggering.

This cannot last more than another week to two at most. Or the economy just won’t restart.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In your jurisdiction, among the personnel, or both? Not intended as a slam, just genuinely curious and concerned. I could see how this is enough to really have folks on edge, and a lot of usual coping practices are impeded right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In your jurisdiction, among the personnel, or both? Not intended as a slam, just genuinely curious and concerned. I could see how this is enough to really have folks on edge, and a lot of usual coping practices are impeded right now.

I should have been more specific. The people living in our jurisdiction.

Quoted:

More than usual?

If so - attributed to what specifically?

Yes much more than usual.  I think it’s because people (spouses, parters, and children) are being forced to be around each other more than usual.  People with nothing to do also seem to start drinking much earlier in the day.  Not a scientific survey by any means but just what I have noticed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This cannot last more than another week to two at most. Or the economy just won’t restart.
View Quote

and this....

Close friend with two good businesses, both closed by governor's orders. And he thought he was diversified. Actually, he was.

He is paying people through the end of the month after about 2 weeks of no income. They cleaned the hell out of the places, but he's got zero sales.

His stress level is high on a good day. I think his head is about to explode.

It doesn't help that he married a princess who doesn't understand why she can't still have her (metaphorical) champagne and caviar. She was whining that the massage place closed.

Disaster, incoming.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#34]
My friends are mostly somewhat twisted introverts and are enjoying this.

I don't mind, I set up a target and backstop in my basement and spent a conference call yesterday zeroing an air rifle I bought at walmart ages ago and had left in the box.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#35]
It's already happening.

As I've posted before.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
People are on edge.  Every day things like going shopping have turned into Russian Roulette with dipshits who have no sense of personal space.
View Quote

Throw one of these in your basket. Just back away when they start rolling on the floor and coughing.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Once the power or internet goes... fools gots to have they Facebooks.
View Quote
This happens and it's Armageddon
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I will say it again

View Quote

Stop being fucking retarded. There are people out there that haven’t had a paycheck in a couple of weeks. Bills will be due soon.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the real problem.

People who work for the government, or large corporations with cash reserves, or simply don't work, are being inconvenienced by a few shortages.

Small businesses - the people who make America Great - are suffering, and will be feeling the effects of this for months or years....

The politicians don't really care about such people (but will pretend to, when fishing for votes), and the government bureaucracy tolerates them as long as it can suck the tax dollars out of them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#40]
When the stores run out of beer, potato chips, and Twinkies, the riots will start.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Stop being fucking retarded. There are people out there that haven’t had a paycheck in a couple of weeks. Bills will be due soon.
View Quote

I didn't have a paycheck for two years after I caught an infection that was 10x worse than the WuFlu. Had shitty short term disability, all of which went to pay the 1.5k/month for COBRA insurance premiums.  

I have some sympathy for people that that are laid off, but not much...
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#42]
I took my dog for a walk at lunch and probably talked to more people than I would have if I would have been at work today.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know about cracking, but many people are stressed out and worried as a result of the virus. I damn sure won't be one that cracks. It's like I was made for this. Social distancing? That's what I do most of the time. What's a little more? More stress and worry?  For me there's no worry about the virus, I'm able to take the measures necessary to stay safe from it. At worst, it's an inconvenience due to taking the measures for self protection.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I will say it again

View Quote

It’s no ‘systematic eradication of our main food source, being chased from our ancestral lands(that we stole from other tribes, but never mind that for now), and finally massacred in the snow’, that’s for sure.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Both the wife and I are working harder then ever working from home. So happy its friday.

People are out fishing and having fun? Id love to get a break.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My wife needs some anti anxiety meds. She is freaking out over a whole 40 or so cases total in our county.
View Quote

They are in short supply right now and pharmacists are prioritizing people that need them for seizure control. Our Walmart and Sam's was out of stock of my Clonazepam for 3 days.  Pharmacy manager said I got one of the first bottles that came in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Ive been home for 3 weeks. Getting a bit odd but Im working full time from home. Oregon hss been under lock down for over 1.5 weeks. No ones cracked yet.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I didn't have a paycheck for two years after I caught an infection that was 10x worse than the WuFlu. Had shitty short term disability, all of which went to pay the 1.5k/month for COBRA insurance premiums.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People that own small businesses, often have everything invested in them.

From small restaurants, bars, cigar stores, to small manufacturers, machine shops, car repair.

These are the millions of Americans that make things tick.

When they’re out of work for months on end, they’re going to give up.

When they give up, we enter a depression.

Then game over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#49]
CSB
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Neighborhood was absolutely full of families taking group walks yesterday afternoon.

Pretty cool, frankly.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top