Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My 67th on the planet, am grateful that my wife and I are reasonably healthy. We experienced quite a tragedy when my son and his wife had a still born daughter in late April. Really sad.
Otherwise, our kids and grandkids are doing well. It's sad for me watching the implosion of America's former prosperity and freedom. And it also makes me feel bad that my son knows exactly what is coming our way.
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 11:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Mostly bad, but I started a job that I was trying to get for three years. Doubled my salary and relocating to a new city.

Ready for a new start!
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Fucking fantastic
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Decent considering. I live in a world considered sci-fi fantasy just a few decades ago with all of the good and bad that comes with it. Wife and kid are good and I obviously have enough free time to shitpost plenty. I'm telling myself life isn't a numbers game because none of the numbers I usually look at were good this year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Moved twice for work and have 2 previously fucked projects laid on me.  Yay.  But, I have a good fall back plan.  Happy New Year arf!
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I partially retired. Going to 50% and not having the billability requirement has been wonderful.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#7]
SUCKED
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Fuckin sucked
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck you and pepper your angus for what lies ahead.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Not good.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely and without a doubt the worst year of my life.
View Quote

Same here….

Wife went into ICU placed on a ventilator w/ Covid, father was admitted into nursing home, I was treated for prostrate cancer…That’s just highlights.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Worst year ever…home burned down, lost everything, business crashed back in April as well, marriage strained….but God and faith. Learned a lot about myself that I didn’t like, was suicidal at a point.

Things are starting to pick up.
Got a wife and family who loves me. Looking forward to restoring life

Son and his team are playing like shit tonight.

Go Dawgs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:24:30 AM EDT
[#14]
2022 was pretty darn good.

I accomplished a majority of what I set out to do.

Lots of construction projects on our home are done and serving us well.

My fitness goals were met and sometimes exceeded what I wanted for myself.  I'll be 44 next year and plan on knocking out 70,000 pushups before my birthday in August.

I reacquainted myself with my guitars and starting writing some new songs.  I have my first show in 15 years coming up next month.  I think playing out 3-4x next year will be a big win for me.

I grew in wisdom.  I grew in generosity.  I grew closer to Jesus and I am eternally grateful for Him and the Holy Spirit.

Hopefully 2023 yields more opportunities to bless others and I am looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry I offended you somehow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:27:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Absolutely and without a doubt the worst year of my life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Compared to my other 19 years- not so good. Truck was down a total of 5 months, my parents truck blew up, and I’ve had 3 different jobs.
Spent most of my savings, and had a couple family members die.

I did learn a new skill, get my business off the ground, and accumulate a crap ton of tools and equipment.

Things are already looking up for next year though- I’ve got 1 job offer that looks promising (would allow me to continue my side jobs and get paid decent) and a lead on one of my dream jobs
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I didn't die.....

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:42:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Made good money, relationship with wife good, drank too much, my sweet dog has cancer.  Overall, upset about the dog. Bocephus is his name. Will miss him so much.
View Quote

@GingerKid - check out FTC's thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Cancer-and-fenbendazole/5-2528794/
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:42:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Started off rockey, ended up awesome.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Glad you posted this thread, @rikwriter - it caused me to stop, reflect, and give thanks.

I remained happily married, for the 38th consecutive year, and my family finally gathered to meet my grandson, two years after he was born (thanks to my psycho soon-to-be ex daughter-in-law, but that's a story for another time). My kids all are happy and doing well professionally.

My business grew well, and I'm still loving my work. I spent months campaigning for political office (State Cental Committee) and won a majority in a three-way race. As a Republican political guy, it was a great year in Ohio and a not-so-great year nationally, but I feel good about reclaiming the Senate and the White House in 2024, and we're already working with candidates to make that happen. I'm busier than I've ever been and enjoying it all.

My wife and I finally finished our house remodeling after a year and a half (don't double the size of your house during a pandemic and supply-chain collapse) and we love it.

There were setbacks and failures through the year, too, but on balance, it was a very good year. I feel truly blessed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Mixed year for me...
completely Reversed Type 2 diabetes by losing 75lbs; no more meds / insulin
finally could walk without a walker or cane, and strong enough to do some work
was able to re-learn a good portion of my former grammatical skills. But still bad.
Found out my inherited property, after re-zoning and conversion, is worth 2MM.
made 30k netted 20k for ripping out my grass/desert landscaping for H2O co.
Just spent 11k on myself for xmas...almost all on
But,
lost my 2 last lifelong friends (35/40 years) over money and learning my best friend shoplifts @54
First year being almost 100% alone, minus waitresses, landscaper and lawyer.
Can't find a new vehicle to purchase without losing my butthole cherry
I live in the full on ghetto
Could not get out of the ghetto

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry. Nothing personal. I’ve been drinking and the past year has not been exactly fun. I don’t have a lot of hope for 2023.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mostly shit.
View Quote

Unfortunately the same for me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#25]
My family and extended family made it through w/o any significant negative events. Some medical concerns for in-laws that might become an issue in 2023. Mom turned 91 and she's doing very well.

Wife and I both got good pay raises.

My son transferred to GA and is much closer to home.

Daughter and her husband's jobs are prospering.

I acquired a few new firearms I've been wanting.

Our Governor continues to lead the way.

I'd give 2022 a 10/10 honestly... I'm satisfied.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Good enough that I won’t say it out loud. 2023 is looking just as good and even if isn’t, oh well.

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 12:57:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I got to experience Heilung live in concert on September 29 of 2022.

I can die happy now.

Watch this and then know that is 100 times better LIVE.  You just have to be there in order to believe me:

Heilung | Anoana [Official Video]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mixed year for me...
completely Reversed Type 2 diabetes by losing 75lbs; no more meds / insulin
finally could walk without a walker or cane, and strong enough to do some work
was able to re-learn a good portion of my former grammatical skills. But still bad.
Found out my inherited property, after re-zoning and conversion, is worth 2MM.
made 30k netted 20k for ripping out my grass/desert landscaping for H2O co.
Just spent 11k on myself for xmas...almost all on
But,
lost my 2 last lifelong friends (35/40 years) over money and learning my best friend shoplifts @54
First year being almost 100% alone, minus waitresses, landscaper and lawyer.
Can't find a new vehicle to purchase without losing my butthole cherry
I live in the full on ghetto
Could not get out of the ghetto

View Quote

From reading your multiple posts on the subject:  move.  Now.  Sell that property before you have to kill someone.

Congrats on the weight loss.  Move to a land of humans, and your life will further improve.  Vegas ain't it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 1:37:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I missed 12.5 days of work this year for sick and dying relatives.  Lost my mother-in-law in February, my father in November, my dad's sister and second "grandmother" to my children in December.

On the flip side my children are doing well in university with one graduating in aerospace engineering in the spring and the other working on his PhD in physics.  We went on a family wilderness hiking trip to Agawa falls in N Ontario.  Might be the last one as a family...

Wife and I still manage to survive each other's company after 28 years married today.

On the job front, I'm still employed at a job I like but thanks to inflation my standard of living is going down...
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:30:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Q1: New snowmobile!  Otherwise, same old shit.  Major failure/recall of a newly-released product at work.
Q2: New snowmobile goes to the shop (fuel pump).  Job's going to shit (Buyout/merger the previous year, reorg/etc, management overpromising what engineering can deliver).  
Q3: Big ol' "Fuck you!" to the job.  Out on my own now.
Q4: Positive cash flow.  Still haven't gotten my sled back, and Poo just issued yet another stop-ride recall for the brakes last week...
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:31:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Pretty much this…

Hoping 2023 isn’t an extinction level asteroid.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:35:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

From reading your multiple posts on the subject:  move.  Now.  Sell that property before you have to kill someone.

Congrats on the weight loss.  Move to a land of humans, and your life will further improve.  Vegas ain't it.
View Quote

Thank you,

But I barely blurbed it in this thread???

Also, most of my altercations have been because of my lil pups...They go out to pee pee, they see a zombie, and bark at them and it pisses them off and they yell and threaten, I tell them to fuck off, and they always try the homie gangster walk coming towards me, and then the gun come out to slow their roll...I know i should cuck, just stay inside and hide, but I just can't do that...

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:37:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Sucked, maybe 2023 will be better.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:38:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Just another year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Thank you,

But I barely blurbed it in this thread???

Also, most of my altercations have been because of my lil pups...They go out to pee pee, they see a zombie, and bark at them and it pisses them off and they yell and threaten, I tell them to fuck off, and they always try the homie gangster walk coming towards me, and then the gun come out to slow their roll...I know i should cuck, just stay inside and hide, but I just can't do that...

View Quote

This thread?  You've mentioned it in GD for awhile now.

Until we all have to live like that, no sense doing it before then.  I'm sure with a decent Realtor, you can dump the property.  Move.

No one needs to stand watch over their own place at night  Not yet, anyway.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Jan 3 signed off on a new mortgage and left the ghetto
At 56 did some massive construction on the house with a helper
Got a car project started with my kid
Started a few major projects at work that are kicking off now
Kid is good and in school
Went on my bucket list trip to Japan

I almost feel bad about how well things went.

My health has suffered though. Need to make the changes I talk about this year
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Shit. Really shit
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Worst year of my life.  Lost a baby (miscarriage), lost a wife (divorce after psychotic break down) lost my dog to the divorce, and was out of my house for 8 months.  Was laid off during that time, and the kicker my middle likely has cancer.   Fuck 2022. You tried but you didn’t break me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#39]
It was a Shit covered, Turd encrusted, turtlehead peeking phantom smear prominently on the upper lip of life sort of year.

*Eta post #1911- Maybe this year will be a properly tensioned extractor instead of feedway stoppages and hammer follow, metaphorically speaking.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:11:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Not bad, spent way too much $$, saved way too little.

Working on valuing the time I have better, kids are growing up faster than I can imagine!

Changed jobs, still covering the old one but that should be about over.

Here we go ‘23!
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just another year.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2023 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#42]
B - -

Decent raise at work. Christmas bonus. Hiking trip to Colorado, hit peak aspen season. Learned/improved my Spanish skills. 9 year old lab retriever still healthy. Second grandson born, but they PCS’d to Texas, so we don’t see often

The not so good: lots of conflict and resentment with wife ( both sides). She nixed a relocation. Sleuthed out a long FB message thread she had with an old coworker ( vegetable gate lol). That led to a long dispute over what was appropriate in a marriage. I dealt with several issues by turning to alcohol and that’s put me in therapy and working in a recovery group , also dealt with, for first time, some terrible shit trauma that happened to me as a kid.

It’s been eventful. I hope 23 is mundane tbh
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm sure that it will.

IIRC, you were getting divorced, or have already completed it   As someone else who had been there, it gets better.  Though you may not realize it for awhile.

If you're how you appear to be by your posts here, I have no doubt you will put this year behind you as something that was really shitty, and hard.  But without the experience of it, you couldn't develop into something more.  

Godspeed and good wishes for a happier 2023.  For all of us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought 2021 was bad, until I lived 2022.  Worst year of my 55 on earth.

Hoping and praying tomorrow starts a better year.

I'm sure that it will.

IIRC, you were getting divorced, or have already completed it   As someone else who had been there, it gets better.  Though you may not realize it for awhile.

If you're how you appear to be by your posts here, I have no doubt you will put this year behind you as something that was really shitty, and hard.  But without the experience of it, you couldn't develop into something more.  

Godspeed and good wishes for a happier 2023.  For all of us.

Thank you very much, partner.  And AMEN...for all of us.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#45]
It's been a mixed bad.  Grindig long long days at work all year, barely did much for myself or with the family, shitty hunting when I did get to go, my health is the worst it's ever been in my life, and more.

But I do have a wonderful wife and 3 great kids.

Looking to turn some things around this next year....
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Good year. Paid off everything but our house, sold the house for ridiculous amounts over what we paid. Bought a few acres in the sticks we’re building on. Accumulated a ~30% raise over the course of 6-8 months. Myself, wife, and kid are healthy. Fuckin good year
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, for those of you who had a good 2022, I wish you more of the same.  For those who had a shitty year, I wish you a much better year this time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#48]
It was a great year of steady progress and personal growth.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Started off 2022 with a stroke. Hoping this year will be better.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, for those of you who had a good 2022, I wish you more of the same.  For those who had a shitty year, I wish you a much better year this time.
View Quote

cheers
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top