User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, I sure you have but,,,,,have you ever tried to work with a liberal anti gun per at a sporting goods store?  Behind the gun counter? I recently did. She denied me, said I failed to answer one of the "Yes/No" questions.  I beleve she was tring to get me to make a scene. I walked away.
View Quote

LOL that's fucked up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why I left NJ.

It's IMPOSSIBLE, to be able to buy a gun in NJ... if everyone you know either doesn't like guns, or simply doesn't want their name on government paper like that. In all my years of living there, I couldn't find anyone willing to have me put their name down.

You have to find 2 people, who are not relatives, who live in NJ..

Also, while not a requirement... it is highly unlikely an anti-gun person will be willing to be used as a reference. Also, a lot of pro-gun people... simply wouldn't want to have their name on a form for something that doesn't involve them specifically.

Frankly... I have no idea how NJ's anti-gun laws haven't been challenged yet at the Supreme Court
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Frankly... I have no idea how NJ's anti-gun laws haven't been challenged yet at the Supreme Court
View Quote

I thought they had been but have failed at every possible turn.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
We went to SC this past August and as we passed the "Last Exit in New Jersey" sign my wife and I both gave it the finger. We knew we were coming back but it felt good just the same. We'll be doing the same when it's permanent.
LOL I'll have to tell him next time I talk to him.
We don't want to live here. It's a prison. Hell, I left for four years and was living in Colorado and left just before it went full retard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can imagine how wonderful it will feel to escape that nanny state shit and move to a freer state.  Would be awesome I bet.  Like a kid in a candy shop.

We went to SC this past August and as we passed the "Last Exit in New Jersey" sign my wife and I both gave it the finger. We knew we were coming back but it felt good just the same. We'll be doing the same when it's permanent.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why is it OK for some but not for others?

Living in this fucked up piece of shit state I need to get permission to buy long guns and then I need even more fucking permission to buy handguns. I have to pay for a background check when I go to pickup my firearms but I also need to pay for a background check when I fill out my paperwork asking for permission to buy guns.

So, I use the same two references on my paperwork every time. One is my friend, we're in constant competition with who is buying a new gun. The other is my sister's husband, he owns several guns. Mostly Fudd shit but he's a gun owner. Every time I use either of them I give them a heads up to be expecting paperwork from the state/town and to fill it out and send it back ASAP. My one buddy whom I'm in constant competition over who is buying what gun is cool about it. My BIL is constantly bitching, 'Another one?', 'Why do you need this?', 'What are you planning on doing, go to war?', 'You don't hunt, you don't need anything like this.'

He owns guns, why the fuck is it OK for him to buy guns and I can't? Why do I constantly get the third degree from him? Does anyone else experience this bullshit? I usually respond to my BIL with a, "I don't. Why do you need your guns? Fuck you and fill the fucking paperwork out."

Tell him he talks like 'a Wife' and that if he need a man to nag it is not you. There's all kinds of men he can marry now in most states.

LOL I'll have to tell him next time I talk to him.

Quoted:

MOVE to a free state.

I never understood why anybody would want to live in New Jersey.

We don't want to live here. It's a prison. Hell, I left for four years and was living in Colorado and left just before it went full retard.
You escaped NJ before... why did you go back?

Colorado may have gone full retard... but not NJ full retard.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is why I left NJ.

It's IMPOSSIBLE, to be able to buy a gun in NJ... if everyone you know either doesn't like guns, or simply doesn't want their name on government paper like that. In all my years of living there, I couldn't find anyone willing to have me put their name down.

Also, while not a requirement... it is highly unlikely an anti-gun person will be willing to be used as a reference. Also, a lot of pro-gun people... simply wouldn't want to have their name on a form for something that doesn't involve them specifically.

View Quote

Shit!!
I had NO idea it was that extreme.
And I too am surprised this legal harrasment has not ended up in court
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You escaped NJ before... why did you go back?

Colorado may have gone full retard... but not NJ full retard.  
View Quote

I made a lot of bad decisions. Many financial and one over a woman that cost my job. I was homeless and jobless but my mother's door was open. So I came back. For all the poor decisions I made coming back was actually a blessing, I met my wife; actually I grew up with her and we were childhood friends, and I have a daughter with her. So...I've put up with the bullshit from NJ. But it's getting to the point where we need to leave again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Shit!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is why I left NJ.

Shit!!

NJ will be a "Gun free state" in the not so distant future.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

One of the guys that ran a lot of the youth shooting programs as well as 4h wouldn't accept a handgun he won at friends of the NRA because handguns are only made for killing people.

The gun in question?? Ruger Mark II

The gun community is just a slice of the world. It's got all types.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why I left NJ.

Shit!!

I will hopefully be out of here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Living in this fucked up piece of shit state I need to get permission to buy long guns and then I need even more fucking permission to buy handguns. I have to pay for a background check when I go to pickup my firearms but I also need to pay for a background check when I fill out my paperwork asking for permission to buy guns.

So, I use the same two references on my paperwork every time. One is my friend, we're in constant competition with who is buying a new gun. The other is my sister's husband, he owns several guns. Mostly Fudd shit but he's a gun owner. Every time I use either of them I give them a heads up to be expecting paperwork from the state/town and to fill it out and send it back ASAP. My one buddy whom I'm in constant competition over who is buying what gun is cool about it. My BIL is constantly bitching, 'Another one?', 'Why do you need this?', 'What are you planning on doing, go to war?', 'You don't hunt, you don't need anything like this.'

He owns guns, why the fuck is it OK for him to buy guns and I can't? Why do I constantly get the third degree from him? Does anyone else experience this bullshit? I usually respond to my BIL with a, "I don't. Why do you need your guns? Fuck you and fill the fucking paperwork out."
View Quote

They walk among us even on this board, to one degree or another...  See the quote below
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They walk among us even on this board, to one degree or another...  See the quote below
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I'm not one. I believe we should be able to have whatever the fuck we'd like.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's $18. And I just had to pay $20 to do a NICS check on myself from my living room to send to the local PD; there was a $2 convenience fee tacked onto the $18 fee to do the NICS. Like any of this is fucking convenient. When I actually do get my permit and go to the LGS to pickup my gun that I've already paid for I have to pay another $18 for another NICS. Never mind the fact that it could be anywhere from two weeks to 30 plus days before I even seem my two permits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even I can just walk into a store, blindfolded fill out the 4473, and walk out with a long gun.  Handguns take me a little longer, like a half hour, to run down to the county clerk to add it to my permit.

Rest of the laws 'round here are just for show, they're pretty much ignored by county/local LEO.  No idea about NYSP, though, haven't run into them yet.

I have to fill out the 4473 and then stand in the store while I wait for the NICs check to come back. Longest I waited was twenty minutes. Usually it takes a few minutes. I've never been arrested or done anything illegal in my life but I'm criminalized just the same.

That's SOLELY Because the Soprano State makes you pay the $15 for the "Service" of using the EXACT SAME free-of-cost NICS system the rest of the country uses directly

It's $18. And I just had to pay $20 to do a NICS check on myself from my living room to send to the local PD; there was a $2 convenience fee tacked onto the $18 fee to do the NICS. Like any of this is fucking convenient. When I actually do get my permit and go to the LGS to pickup my gun that I've already paid for I have to pay another $18 for another NICS. Never mind the fact that it could be anywhere from two weeks to 30 plus days before I even seem my two permits.

It's been a while, last time i bought a gun NICS was $15, the Background check WAS $18, but now IIRC it's $20 direct.....  Amazingly enough, When i did my first paperwork in 1986 it tiik IIRC # weeks tops, from dropoff and fingerprinting, to the phone call to come get my card and permits, with EVERYTHING being done on paper, and through snail mail...now with EVERYTHING Being Electronic, it somehow takes months....The funny part is the state trying to blame the municipalities, when they themselves run 6-7 months or Longer, and of course, Any appeal to the courts is dismissed out of hand.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Even I can just walk into a store, blindfolded fill out the 4473, and walk out with a long gun.  Handguns take me a little longer, like a half hour, to run down to the county clerk to add it to my permit.

Rest of the laws 'round here are just for show, they're pretty much ignored by county/local LEO.  No idea about NYSP, though, haven't run into them yet.
View Quote

Where are you? Suffolk makes it an all fucking day and a tank of gas deal:

Go to store and find gun you want.
Drive half the county away and get paperwork from PD.
Drive back to store and buy Gunn still need to 4473 so 2 BG checks.
Drive back to PD to get it added.

THEN you can go home.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Shit!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why I left NJ.

Shit!!

NJ's firearms statute (Title 2C:39) is fascinating in how utterly backwards it is. It first actually does Ban the possession of ALL WEAPONS for EVERYONE....then it goes on to list exceptions to the Prohibition... which By the letter of the McDonald Decision, Should invalidate the entire Statute because of that wording.  I'm figuring that the only way it'ss lever really change is for the DOJ to send the Marshals in to drag out legislators once they refuse to abide by a SCOTUS decision......so i;m not holding my breath.   I'll keep up the fight, Donate, Call, write, and Email until i do finally leave here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

NJ's firearms statute (Title 2C:39) is fascinating in how utterly backwards it is. It first actually does Ban the possession of ALL WEAPONS for EVERYONE....then it goes on to list exceptions to the Prohibition... which By the letter of the McDonald Decision, Should invalidate the entire Statute because of that wording.  I'm figuring that the only way it'ss lever really change is for the DOJ to send the Marshals in to drag out legislators once they refuse to abide by a SCOTUS decision......so i;m not holding my breath.   I'll keep up the fight, Donate, Call, write, and Email until i do finally leave here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why I left NJ.

Shit!!

Yup, this is what I do too. I just gave the NRA $70 on Friday right after u came home from the LGS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Find a better friend than the BIL.
Tell the BIL to STFU.
Profit.
Buy more guns.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Use another person as a reference?

People bitch about IL. But once I've got my FOID card I don't need permission to buy a gun, and I don't have to pay for the background check when purchasing a gun, either.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Next time I'll use someone else as a reference.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Fudds.

Hunting shotguns and rifles are OK, as are wood stocked semi-auto rifles, and maybe even a .38 or .22 pistol.

Anything else? "HOLY SHIT! WHY DO YOU NEED >THAT< FOR?"

Even saw a FFL on gunbroker who's listing said "We do not do handguns or military firearms".
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everyone makes fun of my state, but i fucking love it.

View Quote

(hush)
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

People bitch about IL. But once I've got my FOID card I don't need permission to buy a gun, and I don't have to pay for the background check when purchasing a gun, either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The permit's after the FPID are only for handguns, not all firearms. ...it's still a huge origami folded (all sharp corners) PITA though.  It's only since around 2007 that things are really fuck ed up by me at least, prior to then it was a week or two,  depending on how busy the clerk was.  Now it's a minimum of 7 weeks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top