Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Neighbor lady is a young, smoking hot, liberal, Inky tattoo artist, but otherwise a very pleasant and friendly girl. Her main problem is she loves animals to a fault. Four dogs in the backyard that bark 24/7 ( doesnt bother me). Two little yippy kick-dogs in the house plus a bird, a Ferrett and God only knows what else. She also leaves a big bowl of cat food out on the front porch for the feral cats. Now all these cats have been using my front yard as their toilet and it was really causing spotting problems. I asked her in the past that it's not a good idea to leave food out on the front porch because all it does is attract feral cats. She ignored that.

Final straw was when I came out one morning 2 weeks ago and there were three cats laying on the hood of my truck.  Quick trip to the pound to rent a trap and 10 days later I had caught and disposed of 16 cats. I love animals too so I didn't kill him, just relocated them to a field north of town.

She was leaving for work one day and commented that all of her cats were missing. I was honest and said I had been trapping the ferals and taking them out north of town Into the woods, not a single one had a collar or acted as if they were tame. I don't think she liked that too much cuz she hasn't spoken to me since.

FYI for all you would be trappers. Cats absolutely love ham.
View Quote

I always use a can of sardines.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Canned mackerel works great on the stubborn ones, as does putting a towel over the sides of the cage. Make sure your local laws don't prohibit relocation. We had one trouble-maker that I took for a ride.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

just relocated them to a field north of town.
View Quote

OP, somebody north of town hates you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Trap, .22 Aquila Super Colibri, burn pile.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I hate cats, starlings/cowbirds, and privet bushes. I gaze menacingly with malicious intent on all 3.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#7]
People dump their cats near to one of my houses; then I have to deal with them. Don't dump them unless they are buzzard food.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Try "Cat Skeet". Box of 10 sleepy cats. Nice kitty kitty (purrr). Set them down 15 yds away. Lock and load. Blow air horn. Bangbangbangbang....  Turn loose Rover on survivors (doesn't happen often).

Sort of a cat version of Apocalypto run or Colter's run.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Start using this livetrap...

When the cat gets in this live trap, they go into a deep sleep and appear stiff.  

Take them to the area where you released the others, and release them in the same place.  This allows them to form a happy community.

Take each subsequent cat 50 yards past where the last one was released, they do get territorial regarding their "forever home" starting spot.

Keep up the great work OP.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Try "Cat Skeet". Box of 10 sleepy cats. Nice kitty kitty (purrr). Set them down 15 yds away. Lock and load. Blow air horn. Bangbangbangbang....  Turn loose Rover on survivors (doesn't happen often).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#11]
You contributed to the problem by letting them live. Just as bad or worse than your neighbor.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Big mistake telling her what you did.
View Quote
+1

Should have just kept your mouth shut OP...

You should expect some retaliation in the very near future.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Feral cats are one of the reasons I own a suppressor for my 22.

Ferals killed a full grown Guinea fowl.  My wife and kids were upset, feral cat Jihad commenced and we no longer have a feral cat problem.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I had to shoot a feral cat the other night. Pissing all over the barns and fighting with the barn cats. 

17HMR works wonders on cats. 
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#15]
...and this is why we have less quail and rabbit population.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"...I love animals too so I didn't kill him, just relocated them to a field north of town..."

Bullshit! If you loved cats as you claim, you would not dump them elsewhere to become other people's problem.
Because folks like me have to trap and shoot the lil puppies and kittehs you assholes drop in the "country" ...

The beautiful tom cat that bit my daughter years ago died a horrible death. Then had to be mutilated to be checked for rabies.
I'm sure he appreciated living out his days in the country. Dickheads...
View Quote
Im going to come right out and say it.

OP is an asshole.

You dont solve a problem by creating another problem and you certainly dont brag about it without having mental issues.

Get help.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This isn't just someone's panties getting in a wad. You seem to feel that it was a big enough problem that you had to trap them and get rid of them. Why are you giving your problem to someone else to deal with? Its your problem. You take care of it. Don't just pass it on to someone else because it just looks like an empty field.

Is it your land that you are dumping on? Then why is it your right to use the land to dispose of your unwanted animals.
View Quote
Because he is cool.

Its not cool to do something sensible.

Doing the sensible is no reason to start a cool thread and have someone call you bro.

OP should be kicked in the ass until his ass is up over his tiny lil brain.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You contributed to the problem by letting them live. Just as bad or worse than your neighbor.
View Quote
Much worse as he gets a sick 

Ah, fuck it, I hate people.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Amazon sells Hav-a-hart traps.  I suggest the collapsible model.  You could own your own in two days.  

Cats love tuna.  Use almost all of the tuna to make sammiches and leave a nugget or two as bait in the trap.  You get tuna, cat gets nothing but caught.  

Yes, stone fucking cold trapper.  I enjoy my cat relocation program.    And no, they aren't in your driveway or on your farm, they go to the desert into prime coyote country.  Circle of life and all that.  

Any bleeding fucking heart in this thread that wants to repaint my two show cars that the fucking cats scratched, can step right up and mail me a check right now. These cats climbed up on top, and slid down the slick paint with claw scratch marks all the way down.  I ain't got no time fo dat!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In before the "MUH SONGBIRDZ" crowd.
View Quote
Cats are an invasive species. They get food subsidies and legal protection from mentally disabled primates. I'd rather have warblers than a toxoplasmosis-carrying kitten factory that some shithead feeds just enough to keep around.

Trap-neuter-release doesn't control a cat colony. It actually increases the number of cats by migration from other colonies. I read Cat Wars. I'll never have another outdoor cat again.

I have two cats. They stay indoors. They shit in a box and get their shots.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Please don't dump cats in the country. It's not good for the cats and sure as hell isnt good for the people who live in the country.

Take them to the pound.

I had an almost identical problem when we lived in an apartment.  Stupid girl across the way set out food and we had cats everywhere and the corridor smelled like piss.  I called the pound to come deal with it but they said they were busy.  However, they said if I caught them they would take them.

I caught as many as I could.  Girl asked where all the cats went and I kept my mouth shut.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a friend whose technique for feral is:  He has a yard bench just in front of a low berm about 20 yards from his patio.  Smear crab cleaning innards on the underside of the bench.  He says the cats stretch their noses upward to sniff the innards, and thereby expose the underside of their chin for a shot from a suppressed 22.  He aims just below the point of the chin and says when they are stretched upward like that the bullet ends up placed in an instant (well, for a cat, pretty much) kill.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#24]
OP is not stone-cold.  no pussy was slain in this tread.  no pictures of hot neighbor or of the offending pussy.

OP needs to go next door and fuck the liberal out of the neighbor.  let her ferret lick your butthole while you do it then report back.

otherwise........

thread is dildo's.  /thread.

Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I had good luck with stinky canned cat food and tuna.  I got rid off all the neighbor's cats that they let roam and one neighbor ended up paying huge fees to get her cat back.  Two never were retrieved from the pound.  Idiots.

I was tired of scooping my flower bed because she didn't feel she needed a litter box.  You're in the city limits, there are leash laws here.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck OP in the ass with a rusty screwdriver for dumping animals  

Like others in this thread, I'm sick of dealing with SCUMBAGS dumping animals on my property.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#27]
I live on the end of the road with 3K acres of forest behind me. 

I'm getting really tired of idiots who think they can drop animals off what they think is the woods and they end hanging around my house.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#28]
CB caps
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I just want to say that hypothetically exterminating cats with a hypothetical suppressed .38 is hypothetically much more fun than hog hunting..... hypothetically......

Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
3 S solution here.
View Quote
This.

OP failed, and then bragged about failing.

The internet is disappoint.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
People think they're being compassionate by feeding feral animals. Feeding strays only contributes to the misery by producing more litters.
View Quote
Trap neuter release. Op doesn't realize he's just opened territory to new ferals because...nature.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I have no issue with what you did OP but wouldn't it be more humane to put a cap in'em than letting them go only to be coyote food for most of them? Just using your logic here....

Relocating only moves the problem for someone else to deal with for the ones that don't end up as coyote snacks...

Maybe you know someone who is willing to take care of that side of the equation???? Keep in mind they kill everything they can catch fawns, turkey chicks, game birds, etc...
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Next time OP, maybe see if there is a TNR program in your area. Not that this is on you, but tell the lady>
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Cats........what cats?
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I love these things.

My dad had always used CCI "CB" shorts in his old Winchester.  Good enough for squirrels, but not quite enough for cats.  They live on the very edge of suburbia - 4 acre plot, next to a bunch of farmland.  Prime used cat dumping ground.  Of course, depending on the time of year, the cats would either kill birds or starve/freeze to death.  The declawed ones would be dead in a week or so, but the OEM models would stick around and fuck shit up.  Because, you know, cats.

Anyhow, one cat he shot a few years back, the CB bounced right off its head, didn't penetrate.  And my dad's using a single shot rifle, so he had to wait a day to try again.  He told me this story, and I'm like, well I can solve that problem.  I gave him a box of my Aguila Super Colibris.  He put one into a beer can and said, "Wow, these things are great!" Then he offered to give me half the box back because he didn't need that much ammo.  

He dropped one round in the gun, left the bolt open, and hung the rifle on the wall next to the front door which is never locked.  'Merica
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#36]
If you were really stone cold you would have a large trash can full of water.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Once again proving that liberalism is a mental disorder

OP- don't drop off cats again on someone else's property. People do that crap all the time out here
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not seeing photos of the hot cat lady.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I despise people that just drop off random feral cats to my "field" or driveway "because I have a farm, I must love all the kitties". lol I don't like all the kitties, and when they randomly get dropped off they always seem to find the barn, and often breed before I can dispatch them. It's a danger to my dogs (if they chase a cat across the road and get hit in the process), it can introduce disease, and frankly just causes me more work because I now get to do what you just did but with lead poisoning.

That said, happy trapping, glad you wont have to deal with the yard mess anymore.
View Quote
How would your dogs be able to make it to a public road to get hit when they are fenced in, or tied up on your property?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top