Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just a joke from another thread (hence (diff thread))
About men judging women and not judging themselves??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would you harshly judge those women? Without judging yourself first? (Diff thread)

Maybe they were considered good looming back then or it was more about substance than looks? I would love to have lived in simpler times.

I simply posted pictures of typical farm women from the 19th century. Why do you suppose I am judging anyone?

Just a joke from another thread (hence (diff thread))
About men judging women and not judging themselves??

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The 60's wasn't that long ago.
View Quote
As relevant as 1900 as is today.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have to take the car for a test drive before committing to the sale.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Going by the clothes and fan, I'm going with Asian and not Indian
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd find me an indian girl (feather not dot)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/63/b5/5b/63b55b9846cef3ec0d4a3680e7d53cac.jpg

Going by the clothes and fan, I'm going with Asian and not Indian

I thought that Indians are Asians, who came across the land bridge. They sure look Asian.

Edit - Forgot the
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP on Friday night:
https://i.gifer.com/7GWJ.gif
View Quote

Love how the lizard rolls his eyes. Like

"Oh my god you want THAT one?  *Rolls eyes* "FINE*
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back when I was a lad it was much easier.

You hit them over the head with your club and dragged them off to your cave.

https://i.redd.it/7c6xg44li9921.jpg

I've always been amazed by her neck looking like it has a foreskin Gross but you can't unnotice it once you see it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Are you joking OP?

Women today by the standard of the 19th century would be deemed immoral women and that's putting it very gently as there are words I can think of that they would use to describe women today that are much harsher.  Men today would be deemed dishonorable and not fit for decent society with a few choice words as well that would describe them.  

Most women got married to men that their family approved of.  Most men got married only after the hard work of establishing themselves. Nobody dated for "fun" it was all preliminary to marriage.  You were a suitor not a guy on a date.  It was basically a long formal application process.  Unless you were a member of the lowest class of society or had no care for your reputation or were far removed from your community.  Most of society was still composed of small agricultural communities with a church at its center.  Your dating pool wouldn't have been very big.

If you wanted a high quality beautiful woman you had to get yourself established. Took years of hard work.  An apprenticeship or your family gifting you a part of their farmland as your own that you then made a go of for at least one harvest. If you were a member of the elite it was even harder, because you had to go to college and establish yourself in your profession (read law or go to medical school).  Go watch the HBO mini-series John Adams and you'll see the part where Adams flies off the handle when he finds out his eldest son who is still reading law under a judge (how they became attorneys before law schools) was dating a young woman.  Parents took that stuff ultra seriously.  You could be disowned and disinherited by parents if you crossed them back then and they did not forgive.  Hell, it was a HUGE deal if you wanted to marry a woman who wasn't of your exact faith.  God forbid you fall in love with a Catholic or a Jew you and her might be cutting ties to your family forever.  They really knew how to hold a grudge back then.

Heck, my Grandfather who came from a German Catholic family married a previously divorced Protestant woman (my Grandmother) and his family essentially disowned him.  My Mother only met her Catholic Grandparents once in her whole life and apparently they were very cold to her and my Grandmother.  My Grandfather had a twin sister who he was so close to he wrote letters and postcards to her almost every day while he was at war in the Pacific at the end of WW2, but after he married my Protestant Grandmother they hardly ever spoke a word to each other after that and I never met my Great Aunt until his funeral.  You can tell from their correspondence they were very close twins, but she and him were like strangers to each other after he got married.  

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You and Naamah are pissing me off in this thread!!!

View Quote

Meh.

Looks haven’t changed that much in the last 150 years.

Things to remember -
1.  photography was rare and expensive back then.  The majority of people never got photographed or did so once or twice in their lives.  Plenty of hot chicks never had a picture taken of them.

2. Modern women in photos benefit from makeup, more revealing clothing, better lighting, better film, instant photography allowing for more natural smiles, etc.

3.  There are old pictures of strikingly hot women from the past, even “typical farm women”.  Those posters are intentionally searching for and posting plain, average or homely women from the past.  Why?  Their intentions are known only to them.

But, women (and men) still look the same underneath as they always have.  Don’t fret.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Meh.

Things to remember -
1.  photography was rare and expensive back then.  The majority of people never got photographed or did so once or twice in their lives.  Plenty of hot chicks never had a picture taken of them.

2. Modern women in photos benefit from makeup, more revealing clothing, better lighting, better film, instant photography allowing for more natural smiles, etc.

3.  There are old pictures of strikingly hot women from the past, even “typical farm women”.  Those posters are intentionally searching for and posting plain, average or homely women from the past.  Why?  Their intentions are known only to them.

But, women (and men) still look the same underneath as they always have.  Don’t fret.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and Naamah are pissing me off in this thread!!!

Meh.

Things to remember -

Minor quibble, but you forgot filters/Photoshop
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_y_Qh0NFg

Olive Oatman was apparently compelled to be repatriated, according to this video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Murder was easier too.  No body, no crime.  

Many whites who were captured and  adopted instead of being killed became very fond of the Indians' way of life.   They actually cried when compelled to return to white civilizaiton.  Read about that following the resolution of Pontiac's Rebellion  (1763).   BTW, some Indians had a ceremony that was close to baptism where they'd dunk the person to be adopted  in the water and washed away the white (or other tribe) blood and emerged as a member of the tribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_y_Qh0NFg

Olive Oatman was apparently compelled to be repatriated, according to this video.

The character Eva Toole in Hell on Wheels was based on her.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Whoohooo! Two out of three! I win!

View All Quotes

And that's how you keep the mystique going.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Back in those days unless a woman was wealthy she probably only took a couple of baths a year, never shaved her legs, used a corncob to wipe her ass, had bad teeth and stunk to high heaven.
View Quote

Welcome to the Ozarks
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thats the native american girl you want

This is the native american girl you actually get

https://78.media.tumblr.com/5f9c4630c82742409b587d3c5bd10e31/tumblr_mvdu1b1S1t1skrv6to1_500.jpg
View Quote

I bet she’s a great cook and can chop her weight in firewood, so what’s the problem? Bonus if she can keep the kids from driving you crazy.

I’d take her over some suburban housewife who needs antidepressants, her ex-husband’s money, a Lexus, CrossFit, and Chardonnay in order to feel ‘happy’.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Sootikins

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Meh.

Things to remember -

View Quote

The poster I responded to mentioned Tombstone----the ones I posted were the real life women from the film.  My intention was plainly stated----Hollywood portrayals don't equal real life.  You really have an issue with that?  

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Minor quibble, but you forgot filters/Photoshop
View Quote

I intentionally excluded that.

Simply because you see an increase in the number of “hot women” in pictures as photography becomes cheaper, more common and film increases in quality.  It’s not because women were getting more attractive, it’s because those attractive women that always existed had more access to and exposure in photography.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Back in those days unless a woman was wealthy she probably only took a couple of baths a year, never shaved her legs, used a corncob to wipe her ass, had bad teeth and stunk to high heaven.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Drag them by the hair, not the feet.

Dragging them by the feet fills them up with dirt.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No it's even worse, you actually were forced into marriage by your peers. I bet many of the older divorcees here felt that pressure too back in the past. That's one thing about the past that I'm glad is gone, societal pressure to have your own family and kids was immense.
View Quote

This is a fucking retarded comment.

There should be societal pressure to have your own family and kids, or else you're not going to have a society for much longer.

Some people will always go do their own thing regardless, but at least that tends to self-limit it to people that are either weirdos or are cool and have more important shit to do.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The poster I responded to mentioned Tombstone----the ones I posted were the real life women from the film.  My intention was plainly stated----Hollywood portrayals don't equal real life.  You really have an issue with that?  

View Quote

How about the ones Naamah posted?

Hollywood always idealizes people, even in contemporary stories.  Take a current day story from today, and you’ll get a “hot actress” to play the role.  One that may not even look like the real life person.

But there were plenty of hot women in 1867, I reckon.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I bet she’s a great cook and can chop her weight in firewood, so what’s the problem? Bonus if she can keep the kids from driving you crazy.

I’d take her over some suburban housewife who needs antidepressants, her ex-husband’s money, a Lexus, CrossFit, and Chardonnay in order to feel ‘happy’.
View Quote

If the Indian woman wanted to divorce you, she threw you out of the teepee (or hogan/wikiup).  All that sh*t in there?  Hers.  That happened to Kit Carson and his second wife.  #3 was a Mexican (Josefina) Catholic and he converted to Catholicism.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#24]
My original post was a JOKE! While it led to some funny and interesting discussion some of you really need to lighten the hell up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The holes are close enough together that you can also carry them like a bowling ball.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Plus if she gets to be a bother, you just bash her head in and tell everyone she got a fever or pox or something. Bury her on the farm, then uproot the kids, push a little further west, and no one's the wiser.

What?
View Quote

Damn..
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The holes are close enough together that you can also carry them like a bowling ball.
View Quote

Babies are born with soft spots on their heads called fontanelles.  They are so you can carry five at a time in one hand.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Babies are born with soft spots on their heads called fontanelles.  They are so you can carry five at a time in one hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're really talented, you could one-handed juggle the babies as you cross the Plains. The other had the mom in the bowling ball grip.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In the days of old when knights rode bold and rubbers not yet invented.

Upon her back you drained your sack thus babies were prevented.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pro:

Pre-feminist era.  I'm ok w/equalwork and equal pay, but feminazism carries feminism too far.
Everybody had their role in society & understood it.  In an agricultural society, men and women needed each other.  There were too many tasks for one person of either sex.
Didn't work b/c you're lazy - you starved.  No f*cking handouts.
No income tax or family courts.
No media brainwashing on the scale we have today
Everything was sustainable (what's a blackout?)

Cons:

No penicillin
No x-ray
No sulphur drugs
Mercury used to treat syphyllis
No prophylatics - you deposit and got a return.
Dentistry was medieval
Yellow journalism (Remember the Maine - we later learned she blew herself up).  Even before that, newspapers in antebellum era, broadsides before the American Revolution

No prophylactics? Pretty sure anal was quite a thing to prevent pregnancy. That or pullout.

The condom was invented in the 1500's, and the first rubber condom came out in 1855.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The condom was invented in the 1500's, and the first rubber condom came out in 1855.
View Quote

Buckskin?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Buckskin?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buckskin?

Animal intestine.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh.

Things to remember -

He also has an issue with the top 4 pics grabbed from a google image search of “1800s farm women”.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Meh.

Things to remember -

View Quote

I disagree, to a certain extent.  My high school, for example, had graduating-class pictures of every class going back to the late 1800s.  There is certainly a difference in appearance, overall, between the kids in my class, and one from 100 years earlier.  I'm not talking about hair or fashion, but facial structure.  No makeup, either, since it is an all-boys school, and that sort of thing isn't allowed.

It is kind of silly to believe that a relatively homogenous population in the 1800s wouldn't have different features, generally, than a highly-mixed one from today.  Sure, some things persist, and there are plenty of ugly people, or people who look like they could have just emerged from stasis after 150 years.  Ethnic and genetic diversity, and different priorities when selecting a mate have definitely influenced things.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Can you carve a spoon?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

He also has an issue with the top 4 pics grabbed from a google image search of “1800s farm women”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh.

Things to remember -

I do disagree that people in general haven't gotten better looking.  

The further away we've gotten from marrying our first cousins and the ability to choose mates where their looks are a factor, the more genetically diverse (and attractive) the features we have to work with.

Eta. Webman beat me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Ah the good ole days when men were men, women were men and sheep were nervous
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I love these vintage "deep fake" type videos.

They have been working on sculpture as well.

Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Plus if she gets to be a bother, you just bash her head in and tell everyone she got a fever or pox or something. Bury her on the farm, then uproot the kids, push a little further west, and no one's the wiser.

What?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Both decent looking young men.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh.

Things to remember -

... with some actually being surprisingly attractive (but, odds are also still quite you g and having that going for them, would guess they aged a lot faster).
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#43]
You guys taking about lack of razors and large shrubbery.... I've seen vintage nudes with it shaved so close, looks like a doll!

Shocked me!

Anyhoo... If you surf chaturbate... You'll see that the Bush is making a comeback!
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#44]
People didn't marry for looks, romantic love, or fun.  People married to have a stable home life and children.  It wasn't like TV or the movies where they were goo-goo eyes for each other.

They valued loyalty over love.  Women needed a provider and men wanted some sex and some children.  

The whole idea of marrying for love is a recent development.

My mother was the 9th of 16 children.  Her parents (b. 1885 & b. 1888) were Kansas-born Volga German Catholics.  Lots of kids was the edict but then even Lutherans had large families.  I assukme their was some attraction at the beginning.  They were married more than 65 years.  It was obvious the loved each other in their twilight days.  

Grandma didn't like being pregnant for a total of 12 years.  They buried two infants.  Five other children preceded Grandma in death.  She lived to be 103.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There was actually a lot of that on the frontier during the Colonial Era. The farther one got from Boston, NY, Philly, or Charleston, the more the line between white and red blurred as both sides culturally appropriated and traded and intermarried.

There was a bit of a sticking point after the end of the French Indian War because the terms of the treaties involved returning captured whites back to white civilization and captured Indians back to their tribes. But a lot of the whites were captured as children or were adults who just decided they liked living as an Indian better than British society. And what do you do with Indians who had been brought up in Colonial society or the tirbe that they once belonged to was no longer in that area?
View Quote

Native American Wisdom Quotes:

Where Did The White Man Go Wrong?

Indian Chief ‘Two Eagles’ was asked by a white government official; “You have observed the white man for 90 years. You’ve seen his wars and his technological advances. You’ve seen his progress, and the damage he’s done.”

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; “Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?”

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. “When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex.”

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; “Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.”
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pro:

Pre-feminist era.  I'm ok w/equalwork and equal pay, but feminazism carries feminism too far.
Everybody had their role in society & understood it.  In an agricultural society, men and women needed each other.  There were too many tasks for one person of either sex.

Cons:

No penicillin
No x-ray
No sulphur drugs
Dentistry was medieval
Yellow journalism (Remember the Maine - we later learned she blew herself up).  Even before that, newspapers in antebellum era, broadsides before the American Revolution

No prophylactics? Pretty sure anal was quite a thing to prevent pregnancy. That or pullout.

Actually Muslims figured out how to use sheep intestine as a condom in about 700.

It was about 1450 that the Europeans found that you could remove them from the sheep first.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Through out history the trend is for men to have 2 offspring or none, women get 1.

As a man, if you were born to the nobility, good times!

Oh you're poor?
Guess what.
Not really going to start your own business.
Your position? Family farm, maybe a coal mine,  maybe you see a woman of marriageable age.
Oh her name is Olga and she's a 3? Sorry dude.

Ooops! Invading army showed up to your area of Europe, you're in the military now.
Maybe you get equipment, (like socks), maybe you don't.
Hopefully you come home. A few years from now.
Maybe you have all your limbs.
Maybe she's still faithful? Did she stay?
Was she dragged off by one of her invaders?

As much as we have challenges today, yesterday had challenges too for sure.

I don't know if the "Born AFTER the World Wars and being drafted to wars - also, born before radical feminism poisoned the well, and also after the politicians bought into the Globalist religion" folks have any idea how fortunate they were.
Oh no I'm sorry that was pure skill.
All of it.
Chance had ZERO, ZERO to do with it. People in that time frame were simply smarter and/or tougher and/or better somehow.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, I'm replying from an Amish built house, surrounded by Amish.

Some things never change.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or six pack!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:38:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Actually Muslims figured out how to use sheep intestine as a condom in about 700.

It was about 1450 that the Europeans found that you could remove them from the sheep first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pro:

Cons:

No penicillin
No x-ray
No sulphur drugs
Dentistry was medieval

I can see how they would have discovered the practical applications for the assholes of livestock.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top