Line-X OD Green
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@DegralDan

What you need is Monstaliner:

http://www.monstaliner.com/

If you're on Facebook check out the Monstaliner sponsored group.
View Quote

You're the second person to mention monstaliner, I'll have to check them out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd have made that deal.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't believe I've ever seen one.

Cool.

Looks like it could be modded out cheaply to look like something out of Mad Max.
Yeah.....Do just that!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you decide to sell it, ill take it right NOW!

I have been hunting for one for a shop/promo vehicle for about a year.

I owned one for 5 years from 1999-2004, it was a beast. Oil changes and fuel was all it took to get to 120k. Keep in mind, this carried myself and my friends through 4 crazy years of college
View Quote

I promised my buddy I'd give him a while to get on his feet and buy it back. A few years back he saw it sitting in someone's driveway and went and made them an offer. They said they never drive the ugly thing, and graciously accepted his offer lol.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a great deal!  Those are cool.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Aren't they pretty good offroad?

I'd look into Raptor Liner.
View Quote

I've heard they are pretty capable for what they are, but honestly have no clue. The front doesn't have springs, it has torsion bars that I can adjust, so if I want to lift it I only need rear springs
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Line-X OD Green
View Quote

I bet that would look sweet. Maybe do the plastic in black and the metal in the green.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's crazy.  Just this morning I just watched the Doug DeMuro video where he drove the final VehiCROSS every made.  It was in awesome shape and I though it would be a great ride.  That's so cool that you have one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOszin9227Q
View Quote

It has a ball cooler?!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#11]
You didn't pay cash for that did you? Per the other thread, you should have financed that for 5 years at 5%, and invested that $1000 in a mutual fund making 9.5%.

OTOH, I think you did awesome. I dont think I've ever seen one of those IRL.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It has a ball cooler?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's crazy.  Just this morning I just watched the Doug DeMuro video where he drove the final VehiCROSS every made.  It was in awesome shape and I though it would be a great ride.  That's so cool that you have one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOszin9227Q

It has a ball cooler?!

Pretty interesting watch. I can't believe they sold new for over 30 grand 20 years ago. No wonder they sold so few.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP, that interior kicks ass. Damn, I'd be torn about a budget restoration on that. Sweet snag.
View Quote

It's in better shape than you'd expect for 21 years old and 167k Mike's. Unfortunately my buddy smoked, so it retains that ashtray smell. I know a guy who knows a guy who is supposed to be a detailing wizard, so I'm going to let him do his magic on it. I really don't want to mess with all the glass shards all over the place.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Those are sought after. Well done
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh you know it, I don't know if you recall I used to have an 84 Pontiac shoebox, for a while my avatar was her in the drivers seat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would that be gauche? I know it's been overdone, but I like it better than repainting and restoring the plastic.

Overdone? Think I've maybe seen (1) vehicle rhino lined ever. I was legit laughing & encouraging you to do it. In for after photos.

Some cool looking trail rigs on page (1) too. That snorkel...

Ah I see. I have only ever heard gauche on here, it was the word of the week for a while. I had to look it up.
...also, no idea what gauche means

I've seen a couple jeeps locally that were rhino lined, I thought it might have been a fad that I missed the boat on. But I think the VX would look sweet covered in black bedliner. (VX is hip interwebs lingo for vehicross btw, I learnt that today.)

In before the avatar update with unibrow driving the VX...

Oh you know it, I don't know if you recall I used to have an 84 Pontiac shoebox, for a while my avatar was her in the drivers seat

Indeed, hence the post...
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I worked for an Isuzu dealer and I hated the Vehicross.  I mean mechanically they're alright, but they quit making them a long time ago and Isuzu light duty vehicles ain't in business anymore in the US.  Parts support is zero for those things today.
View Quote

Yep. I see many phone calls to junkyards in my future. The passenger door handle assembly is missing, which houses the window and lock buttons. Needle in a haystack I feel.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Thousand bucks and it drives and stops ac 4vwheel drive.. Smoking deal be fun in the  desert.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Cool
Nice looking, new paint job would help
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#21]
For a quick fix if you don’t want to paint that plastic trim straight away try a heat gun. Some automotive plastics come up like new.

If it is faded plastic not paint that is on the bottom
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#22]
You may want to check out rock auto for parts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Flat black or dark gray Rhino line, black wheels, light bar above the windshield, tint the turn signals and side markers
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Get a Raptor spray in bed liner kit and some extra liner and go to town you could do it yourself for about 300 bucks
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#25]
www.planetisuzoo.com

They have a classifieds section where folks part out Isuzu vehicles in case you need something for the interior.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Did I mention this thing has recaro leather seats? They need recovering but aren't terrible.
Attachment Attached File

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/423847/20201024_144829_jpg-1651905.JPG
View Quote
Nice!  
Check out Ebay for parts.  That's usually where I find used parts at low prices.  I haven't been to a junkyard in years.

Is there any sort of leather treatment that works on cracked leather?  Someone recommended gasoline on a car forum, but I'm not brave enough to try that!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I would HOON the hell out of that! Nice score
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I wouldn't hammer it hard. Those are to cool for that. Nice score.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I've heard they are pretty capable for what they are, but honestly have no clue. The front doesn't have springs, it has torsion bars that I can adjust, so if I want to lift it I only need rear springs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't they pretty good offroad?

I'd look into Raptor Liner.

Rear end should be a 6 lug Dana 44 with disc brakes.

Was a popular swap into Toyota pickups for a minute back in the day.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I’ve wanted one of those since they came out. Awesome score.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Windshield installed yesterday. She's looking like a road worthy vehicle now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Could see that with some bigger tires, a roof rack, maybe a light bar...drive the heck out of it in the woods.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Thats awesome. I've been searching for a brush guard to no avail. I wonder if that's custom, or maybe one for a different vehicle
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#35]
atf will darken that grey plastic up. works better than back to black
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#36]
geesus
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Bondo Forever Black

It is a semi permanent dye that will bring that faded plastic back to black.  Lasts for years with a couple of coats.

Buy it up as I think it is discontinued.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#38]
I don’t believe I’ve ever seen one. Kinda cool.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#39]
I've never seen one of those. That thing is sweet. Is it 4x4?

My uncle had an Isuzu Trooper. He lived down a 10 mile dirt road that regularly had water or washouts so it was used and abused. I'm not sure he ever had any issues with it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've never seen one of those. That thing is sweet. Is it 4x4?

My uncle had an Isuzu Trooper. He lived down a 10 mile dirt road that regularly had water or washouts so it was used and abused. I'm not sure he ever had any issues with it.
View Quote

Yep it's actually built on a short trooper frame. Has full time AWD, with a 4 low option
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Excellent deal! Even if the wheels literally fall off after a couple of years, you're ahead of the game.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#42]
DON'T REUPHOLSTER!!  You can repair the leather and make it look nice without replacing it.  Look into leather cleaning/repair methods on YouTube.  I was about to do the same on my 94 NSX but tried cleaning and one of the repair kits online.  For less than $80, I restored my seats to about 90%.  Didn't have to spend $2K on seat repair/replacement.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do those have the glass GM transmission like the trooper?

4L30 if I remember right. Sealed transmission with no dipstick.

I had a 02 trooper. It was an amazing vehicle with the exception of the transmission. After the 3rd transmission in two years, I traded that fucker off.
View Quote

Yes they do. I'm not an automatic transmission fan, but that's one extraordinarily crappy transmission.

I had a 96 Trooper and I loved everything about that thing other than the horrible transmission. It died on me last year. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it due to some sentimental attachment, but I never found time to do the 5 speed swap I wanted. This year, I finally gave in and gave it to my buddy who needed a 4wd vehicle for the winter. He put a junk yard transmission in it which lasted right a week before it also went out. I feel really bad for him. Other than the transmission, they are great vehicles and do excellent off-road. I honestly really miss that thing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thats awesome. I've been searching for a brush guard to no avail. I wonder if that's custom, or maybe one for a different vehicle
View Quote

it is probably one off a Trooper.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top