Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
yup, as long as I could reach for a pistol, it's all good.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wasn't there that half-a-gay in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?
View Quote
I swear.  Can't even get through a first page of a serious medical procedure without someone talking about gay westerns. 

Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There aren't any cool robo-prosthetics like that yet though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could not survive that psychologically.
Why not?

Every day above ground is a good one, and I bet that you could have a bad-ass prosthetic made for the lower half. Imagine having a lower body that was like a T-800 Terminator, for instance.
There aren't any cool robo-prosthetics like that yet though.
Darth Maul had one

Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And dips. Lots of dips.
View Quote
You can tell who lifts. Bro. make that shit work.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You can tell who lifts. Bro. make that shit work.
View Quote
But who also skips leg day- every time
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
This popped up in the image search...

Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Used to sometimes go to a club in Minneapolis called Ground Zero. Catered to the bondage/goth/industrial crowd and other misfits. One of the regulars was missing his entire lower half. His thing was having women walk on him. You'd see some really tall woman off to the side of the dancefloor...then you'd realize she wasn't really that tall....she was just standing on this guy. The club eventually even set up a little mini-walkway with railings that he could fit into.
View Quote
Just when you think you've heard of all the weird things that happen in nightclubs...
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
When I was stationed in California there was a half guy who frequented the same bar we did.

He got around on a skateboard and could climb up a barstool like a monkey. He was old enough to be a nam vet so we asked him if he was blowed up in the nam.  He wasn't. He was born that way.

I would rather be dead. I know I would miss my junk too much. I would have way too much time on my hands since masturbation would be off the table.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
This kid (somewhere in Africa) who was very poor had some visiting doctors tell him that they could remove his tumor:

When he woke up this is what was left:

Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Is that the guy laying in the street pulling his skin down like it keeps riding up on him?

That was hard to watch.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why not?

Every day above ground is a good one, and I bet that you could have a bad-ass prosthetic made for the lower half. Imagine having a lower body that was like a T-800 Terminator, for instance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could not survive that psychologically.
Why not?

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This popped up in the image search...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKr5Ny-WcAA84yQ.jpg
View Quote
Looks like when they put him on the table to sew him back together,they put the upper half face up,and the lower half face down........
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bet he can do an insane number of pull-ups.
View Quote
i googled hemicorporectomy and got this

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not a half bad explanation of the procedure OP.  I don't have to look it up now.
View Quote
Oh you...
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#16]
There was a guy in the town I grew up in that was halved like that. He had 2 handmade wooden blocks with handles and a leather pad for his bottom part he scooted around town with.

I've known more people that apparently lost the top half of their body, they were just brainless asses.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why not?

View Quote
No ability to fuck would seal the deal for me.  Can't be a man without that ability.

I would wheel straight to a gun and check out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#18]
A buddy of mine got chased down a street in Angola Africa by half a man. Dude was literally running on his hands after him. No idea what he wanted from him, he wasn't speaking English, but it was quite A sight. 
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
There was a guy in the town I grew up in that was halved like that. He had 2 handmade wooden blocks with handles and a leather pad for his bottom part he scooted around town with.

I've known more people that apparently lost the top half of their body, they were just brainless asses.
View Quote
Those are called "democrats".
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah, fuck that.

I'd rather be all the way dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:[/br]
I'd say nah I'm ready to go
Yeah, fuck that.

I'd rather be all the way dead.
This.
Would not want to live like that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Redhead? Check
Nice tits! Check
Purdy mouth?!? Check

Not guilty
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#24]
i did a couple of spartans where I thought i did pretty well.  then I saw this group and this guy.  I was humbled and felt like a shit heel.  Someone carried him from obstacle to obstacle and then HE did the obstacles (rope climbs, etc, etc).  BAD ASS.

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't know I only saw him in passing.

From what I read it's usually due to paralyzed people who get severe infection due to bed sores or some type of cancer.
View Quote
I know of a patient who is a drug addict, got paralyzed, then a stage 4 decubitus. Docs said the only thing to do was a hemicorpectomy or he would die.
He refused. It's been months and I heard his rotten ass is still alive.
Millions of dollars wasted on this non-compliant guy who exist only to raise hell and get high.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No ability to fuck would seal the deal for me.  Can't be a man without that ability.

I would wheel straight to a gun and check out.
View Quote
As long as I had a face and fingers, the female of the species would find nocturnal pleasure in my company. Sometimes, maybe right after lunch, too.

You have to look for the good in any situation.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Without a pelvis or pelvic musculature, a prosthesis that is even marginally effective and bearable to wear is a pretty tall order.
View Quote
Couldn't the docs imply take the remains of spinal cord, throw the various threads from it into various electrical recepticals on the exterior of the body(like a wireless charger for I phone) with each thread controlling a different part of said machine) . Down side would be relearning to walk, turn, ect ect. It took a bit the first time when you didn't know better, im sure you could get the t800 chasis to work for oyu.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Deep Roy played one in the X-Files who crawled up some fat guys ass.

Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#32]
When I was a resident we had a road worker who had a concrete highway divider dropped on him. Pancaked him just above the pelvis, everything was so crushed he ended up with a below navel amputation (hemicorpectomy).

The whole time the general surgeons are ligating the great vessels, doing the colostomy, rerouting the ureters, etc. anesthesia is doing a balls to the wall resuscitation. Blood, blood warmer, pressors.

He made it out of the OR and died 3 or 4 days later of multisystem organ failure.

I told my buddy that if he ever did that to me, instead of letting me die, I'd find a way to kill him. If he did that to me and I still died...I promised to haunt him.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Stone Temple Pilots (Creep) Lyrics
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top