BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

You should explain to the membership what we are seeing here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
1999 Aggie bonfire collapse.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]

IIRC, that killed the living hell out of a bunch of students.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276816/ss-xr600_jpg_c974a42b17eed059a05b4e31015-2725419.JPG Not too many guys manly enough to hold a XR 600 like that. Scott Sumers was.
View Quote

He was a big boy, and could fit his huge frame and bike in some tiny gaps, but I doubt he’s casually holding that bike in the air like that.

Actually, I typed that first paragraph, then went looking for the weight of the bike to make my point. I take it back. It’s a 290lb bike and he was deadlifting it, which is entirely possible. And he was known for his strength and fitness.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The five Sullivan brothers who served together on the USS Juneau, and subsequently perished together when the Juneau was sunk during combat 13 Nov, 1942.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@TheWhitePill

What is that one?
View All Quotes

A couple of sick murderous commie fucks getting 100 rounds of 7.62x39 pumped into them. Firing squad right in the middle of town, I believe.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I remember that one.  Marine funeral.  I also remember the comment posted here that that boy will remember the words spoken to him by that Marine for the rest of his life.  I don’t remember exactly when that picture was taken but I figure he is in his early twenties now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a photo of a boy at a funeral, I can only assume his dad's, being handed the folded flag by an officer.  He is trying so hard not to cry, but his little face is just crumpling.  Every time I see that one, I just cannot handle it.  Heartbreaking.

I remember that one.  Marine funeral.  I also remember the comment posted here that that boy will remember the words spoken to him by that Marine for the rest of his life.  I don’t remember exactly when that picture was taken but I figure he is in his early twenties now.

For those who wonder why you laugh you lose threads are frowned upon now. That image was used with a “funny” caption in one of those threads. Those of us who complained were told to leave the thread f we didn’t like it. That they were just posting gallows humor. Sickening.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that my friend is Punk Rock Icon

GG Allin

who once played at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa.
googlize him.

I knew exactly who that was.

https://www.spirit-of-metal.com/les%20goupes/G/GG%20Allin/pics/0c28_3.jpg

Violent scat munching punk rock lunatic. Just like they like them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Fucking nope!
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/21/2016/07/don-garlits-swamp-rat-13-rebuilt-17.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492

https://www.nhra.com/sites/default/files/Insider/2012/gar2.jpg

Two iconic photos if you're any kind of drag racing enthusiast.

The video of the blowover is even better.

I was in the stands at halftrack. Quite a moment.
View Quote

I was in the stands in Houston when John Force blew his motor so bad it launched the body off his funnycar into the air and it floated back down like a leaf and landed on the return road right in front of the stands. Also saw plenty of blower belts get launched into or near the stands.

And, of course, there’s the famous “I saw Elvis at 1000 feet” line.

Me and the GOAT at the last NHRA event in Baytown.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The five Sullivan brothers who served together on the USS Juneau, and subsequently perished together when the Juneau was sunk during combat 13 Nov, 1942.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saving Private Ryan was loosely based on them right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Anyone know if the child survived or not?
View Quote

She did not.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

12 dead, many injured. The monument:
Attachment Attached File

Each portal is oriented towards the hometown of the deceased.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Wow..TKO was on that bill.....sort of the "genesis" band of Seattle heavy metal
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

She did not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone know if the child survived or not?

She did not.

Sigh. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Sullivan Brothers. All killed when the same ship they were on was sunk in the Second World War. It was the premise for Saving Private Ryan
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

For those who wonder why you laugh you lose threads are frowned upon now. That image was used with a “funny” caption in one of those threads. Those of us who complained were told to leave the thread f we didn’t like it. That they were just posting gallows humor. Sickening.
View Quote

There’s gallows humor which I’ve been known to use on many occasions. Making fun of something like that? Eat a bags of dicks
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

One my NCO’s when I first enlisted was a tunnel rat in Chu Chi. Little guy but everyone gave him the respect he deserved. Never cod figure out how his balls fit in those tunnels
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Attachment Attached File

This is where the pilot said “gentlemen, we have just crossed into US airspace” Lot of pilots said the same thing for flights coming home from GWOT but those words were meaningless compared to this moment
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Here
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

Anyone post this bitch yet?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were the premise for the Saving Private Ryan movie
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fucking nope!
View All Quotes

I watched free solo laying in bed… my fucking palms were sweating and heart was racing lol. Right then I was like balls of steel
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't need a spoiler, the way it's headed I'm saying it's #2 the one that DIDN'T come within 2 blocks of me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well aware of who, what, where, when, how, and why.  With as many NASCAR haters as we have here, I expected it sooner.
View Quote
Title says Earnhardt Jr.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

Medics and Corpsman are a special breed. Often not recognized for their actions. I unfortunately lost a friend to the survivors guilt they almost all came home with
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/563702/E0B531DE-46AC-4DFB-9CE9-E149376A6C0A_jpe-2726689.JPG

Medics and Corpsman are a special breed. Often not recognized for their actions. I unfortunately lost a friend to the survivors guilt they almost all came home with
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

If you haven’t seen the interview where Sammy L Davis talks about the day his actions earned him the MOH you need to. The ceremony was digitally altered for use in Forrest Gump so may look familiar
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#34]

I had never heard of him. Truly disgusting.

Known for both eating his own feces and mutilating himself on stage, GG Allin was perhaps the most shocking musician in history — until his dramatic death at just 36 in 1993. Many words have been used to describe GG Allin. “Individualist,” “anti-authoritarian,” and “unique” are among the nicest.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

These two were in every Team Room in the 80s
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

A must read about that fire.

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a1098/perfect-fire-0700/
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@JT_26

What happened here?
View All Quotes

The total failure of gun control…if I was asked.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/563702/E60F498A-4392-4F40-84A7-054BAF692456_jpe-2726720.JPG

If you haven’t seen the interview where Sammy L Davis talks about the day his actions earned him the MOH you need to. The ceremony was digitally altered for use in Forrest Gump so may look familiar
View Quote

https://www.cmohs.org/recipients/sammy-l-davis

Citation:
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. Sgt. Davis (then Pfc.) distinguished himself during the early morning hours while serving as a cannoneer with Battery C, at a remote fire support base. At approximately 0200 hours the fire support base was under heavy enemy mortar attack. Simultaneously, an estimated reinforced Viet Cong battalion launched a fierce ground assault upon the fire support base. The attacking enemy drove to within 25 meters of the friendly positions. Only a river separated the Viet Cong from the fire support base. Detecting a nearby enemy position, Sgt. Davis seized a machine gun and provided covering fire for his gun crew, as they attempted to bring direct artillery fire on the enemy. Despite his efforts, an enemy recoilless-rifle round scored a direct hit upon the artillery piece. The resultant blast hurled the gun crew from their weapon and blew Sgt. Davis into a foxhole. He struggled to his feet and returned to the howitzer, which was burning furiously. Ignoring repeated warnings to seek cover, Sgt. Davis rammed a shell into the gun. Disregarding a withering hail of enemy fire directed against his position, he aimed and fired the howitzer which rolled backward, knocking Sgt. Davis violently to the ground. Undaunted, he returned to the weapon to fire again when an enemy mortar round exploded within 20 meters of his position, injuring him painfully. Nevertheless, Sgt. Davis loaded the artillery piece, aimed, and fired. Again he was knocked down by the recoil. In complete disregard for his safety, Sgt. Davis loaded and fired three more shells into the enemy. Disregarding his extensive injuries and his inability to swim, Sgt. Davis picked up an air mattress and struck out across the deep river to rescue three wounded comrades on the far side. Upon reaching the three wounded men, he stood upright and fired into the dense vegetation to prevent the Viet Cong from advancing. While the most seriously wounded soldier was helped across the river, Sgt. Davis protected the two remaining casualties until he could pull them across the river to the fire support base. Though suffering from painful wounds, he refused medical attention, joining another howitzer crew which fired at the large Viet Cong force until it broke contact and fled. Sgt. Davis' extraordinary heroism, at the risk of his life, is in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit upon himself and the U.S. Army.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#39]
That’s really the abridged version. He did a number of things that would earn the award by themselves
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Lived fairly close and went to high school even closer. It was a very strange few weeks. I remember hearing some of the radio distress calls. Constant flow of fire trucks from everywhere as they rotated in to search. The thousands of firemen in the precession was sadly amazing to see. Everyone says you can see the figure of a fireman in the flame of that pic.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/563702/13E38608-8C7D-4C38-99B9-99AF2FCC9252_jpe-2726658.JPG

This is where the pilot said “gentlemen, we have just crossed into US airspace” Lot of pilots said the same thing for flights coming home from GWOT but those words were meaningless compared to this moment
View Quote

Pointing out that these are Vietnam war USAF/USA/USMC/USN POWs coming back home in Feb 1973.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not the Sullivan brothers-----the Niland brothers.

Niland brothers - Saving Private Ryan motion picture
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Me, too. And it just hit me again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Shanghai 1937
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lived fairly close and went to high school even closer. It was a very strange few weeks. I remember hearing some of the radio distress calls. Constant flow of fire trucks from everywhere as they rotated in to search. The thousands of firemen in the precession was sadly amazing to see. Everyone says you can see the figure of a fireman in the flame of that pic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm from MA so paid attention to MA news, but was living in NC at the time.  Big news even down there.  Then I moved to RI for work, I happened to pop into a police station one morning and found out that the Station nightclub had burned down that night.  

I end up reading that Worcester article at least once every couple of years.  It's a rough one.

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Houdini

Molasses flood

Hoover

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Heh, was just reading about the 707 barrel roll yesterday
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#50]
When WWII bomber pilots received their planes, they were delivered by WAFS and WASP pilots. They also trained our pilots.

Gals like this.

Elizabeth L. Gardner, WASP member, at the controls of a B-26 Marauder

Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top