Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe ask Ukrainians what they think? Ukrainian polling in support of a long war is +90%.
View Quote

That’s great! Maybe they should start paying for it instead of us. Americans seem to be the opposite, the majority of Americans do not support more aid, only large percentages of Democrats and progressives do.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Man you've drunk the Russian Kool-aid.

Maybe ask Ukrainians what they think? Ukrainian polling in support of a long war is +90%.
View Quote

Ukrainians don't think FACTS.........if they were thinking facts they would have given away some land for peace at the beginning.

Instead they have managed to get their country slowly reduced to rubble and ruin.

The longer they wait to submit the more land they will lose and the more damage they will sustain.

Their "offensive" has gone nowhere (as any military man would have predicted) because an offensive means heavy casualties and the Ukes can't afford any more casualties........they are already too low on fighters.

There is no happy outcome here.........only the inevitable Russian victory.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your posts are even funnier when I change "Ukraine" to "Poland" and "Russia" for "Germany".
View Quote

Germany doesn’t have a strategic naval base in Poland.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's great! Maybe they should start paying for it instead of us. Americans seem to be the opposite, the majority of Americans do not support more aid, only large percentages of Democrats and progressives do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's great! Maybe they should start paying for it instead of us. Americans seem to be the opposite, the majority of Americans do not support more aid, only large percentages of Democrats and progressives do.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ukrainians don't think FACTS.........if they were thinking facts they would have given away some land for peace at the beginning.

Instead they have managed to get their country slowly reduced to rubble and ruin.

The longer they wait to submit the more land they will lose and the more damage they will sustain.

Their "offensive" has gone nowhere (as any military man would have predicted) because an offensive means heavy casualties and the Ukes can't afford any more casualties........they are already too low on fighters.

View Quote
You are literally telling the woman getting raped, "don't fight it, just take it, you'll feel better".

The raping is happening and you're advocating for submission instead of self defense.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your posts are even funnier when I change "Ukraine" to "Poland" and "Russia" for "Germany".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's even funnier is that you think Poland defeated Germany.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks, always happy to provide a bit of levity, but your comparison is invalid.

Germany had a number of weak nations to invade.........Russia has NATO.

You are aware of the power of the combined NATO nations, right?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That’s great! Maybe they should start paying for it instead of us. Americans seem to be the opposite, the majority of Americans do not support more aid, only large percentages of Democrats and progressives do.
View Quote

The Ukrainians are paying with their lives, which I'll be the first to observe is unusual for countries hoping the US will save their ass.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You are literally telling the woman getting raped, "don't fight it, just take it, you'll feel better".

The raping is happening and you're advocating for submission instead of self defense.
View Quote

Your comparison is emotional, but invalid.

Ukraine has been exploiting and oppressing ethnic Russians for many years.

Was your fictitious woman doing that?

Ukraine is no helpless woman.

Try another fiction.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Ukrainians are paying with their lives, which I'll be the first to observe is unusual for countries hoping the US will save their ass.
View Quote

1.  Name the "countries hoping the U.S. will save their ass."

2.  If the Ukes are that stupid and suicidal--is it really my problem?

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

...and the year to 1939. I thought that was pretty obvious.
View Quote

So you admit that your comparison was invalid?

Or is this just more obfuscation?

Please to elucidate.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why does Russia want to control and take over the Ukraine anyway?  
Its just more mouths to feed/starve, more area of responsibility and more cost of operation.

I never understood this whole conflict.
Does the Ukraine have ports, minerals or other resources or something that Russia wants to needs?  
Or just want to be a bad ass and Bully?

View Quote

Wants strategic resources (fossil fuels, Crimea) but mostly doesn't want NATO bases in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Try another fiction.
View Quote
I'm not going to take a lesson on fiction and emotion from someone who believes the poor ethnic speaking Russian tripe is justification for Russia's actions.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sacks of cash and gold are going to be turning up in candidate's hands all over Europe as Russia applies pressure to western agents and supporters. AfD for one is known to be compromised by the Kremlin.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:15:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I’m amazed that people here drink that kool-aid and then regurgitate Putin’s excuses for the invasion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try another fiction.
I'm not going to take a lesson on fiction and emotion from someone who believes the poor ethnic speaking Russian tripe is justification for Russia's actions.

I’m amazed that people here drink that kool-aid and then regurgitate Putin’s excuses for the invasion.

Ronald Reagan would be rolling in his grave at the amount of Russian supporters.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course that's just a slight against anyone who dares disagree with your point of view.  An insult, not an argument meant to convince or inform.  A signal that you view yourself as a enlightened individual in a sea of inferiors.  That's not a way to generate support.  But at this point it would seem you're not interested in bringing people aboard to your ideology.  You just want us all to know that we're lesser than you, in your opinion.  

But I guess some people around the world do buy Putin's version.  Your version of what's going on is even less convincing that his, by the numbers.  Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ronald Reagan would be rolling in his grave at the amount of Russian supporters.
View Quote

Regan loved to deficit spend so you might be right.  But I would prefer that we stop borrowing money from the Communists to fight the Communists and focus on not creating Communists right here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Regan loved to deficit spend so you might be right.  But I would prefer that we stop borrowing money from the Communists to fight the Communists and focus on not creating Communism domestically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regan loved to deficit spend so you might be right.  But I would prefer that we stop borrowing money from the Communists to fight the Communists and focus on not creating Communism domestically.

Bigfeets approves.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bigfeets approves.
View Quote

It’s pretty sad that you feel the need to levy personal attacks in ever thread.  I am guessing small dick syndrome, but I am not a doctor.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Oh the poor oppressed minorities" has been the justification for basically every American war for the past 70 years. Now that the shoe is on the other foot it's suddenly no longer valid?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It’s pretty sad that you feel the need to levy personal attacks in ever thread.  I am guessing small dick syndrome, but I am not a doctor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigfeets approves.

How's your personal belief a personal attack ?

I've actually seen him, and got a pic, why haven't you ?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What's even funnier is that you think Poland defeated Germany.
View Quote
Youre so close to getting it but are incapable of getting over the finish line.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks, always happy to provide a bit of levity, but your comparison is invalid.

Germany had a number of weak nations to invade.........Russia has NATO.

You are aware of the power of the combined NATO nations, right?
View Quote
France was supposedly a powerhouse post WW1. Poland was abandoned.  Theres also the fact that the gifting of the Sudetanland was supposed to appease Germany enough to stop any war.  OOPS.  Good lord you people are thick.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Try another fiction.
View Quote
mmm, dat Russkie propaganda.  Omnomnomnom
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Which war in the past 70 years did the US initiate because of poor, oppressed minorities?
View Quote
These people enjoy themselves some genocide. Then theyll be all Pikachu faced when its up to someone else to stop it when they failed to provide the supplies necessary to stop it earl y on.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How's your personal belief a personal attack ?

I've actually seen him, and got a pic, why haven't you ?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/427921/IMG_20230303_093204639_jpg-2961738.JPG
View Quote

Because you throw it into every thread as a jab.  Unfortunately for you, I know that your ego is bigger than your domain knowledge.  I try to redirect you like a five year old, but that isn’t working.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
These people enjoy themselves some genocide. Then theyll be all Pikachu faced when its up to someone else to stop it when they failed to provide the supplies necessary to stop it earl y on.
View Quote

These people enjoy seeing Americans becoming poorer by the day, be less safe in their country, all for a bunch of orcs in Ukraine that are involved in a conflict that doesn’t impact America.

That lower class, lower middle class, or homeless citizen really appreciates how we pay for Ukrainian pensions with new debt spending while their dollar loses value, all while able bodied Ukrainian men party on beaches in odessa.

It’s pretty unbelievable.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Let me do it for you...

Poles don't think FACTS.........if they were thinking facts they would have given away some land for peace at the beginning.

Their "offensive" has gone nowhere (as any military man would have predicted) because an offensive means heavy casualties and the Polacks can't afford any more casualties........they are already too low on fighters.

There is no happy outcome here.........only the inevitable Nazi Germany victory.

Hope that helps.
View Quote

That's some pretty fine obfuscation........but it only illustrates that the Ukraine of today and WWII Poland are not in any way comparable.

Poland didn't fight.  Ukraine is fighting.........and thus they are being destroyed.

(With our help.)

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's some pretty fine obfuscation........but it only illustrates that the Ukraine of today and WWII Poland are not in any way comparable.

Poland didn't fight.  Ukraine is fighting.........and thus they are being destroyed.

(With our help.)

View Quote

Poland did fight back. But they were invaded by Germany on September 1st 1939 and by the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union on September 17th 1939.  They were destroyed by October 6th and divided up by the two countries.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not at all.  It’s a straightforward, factual observation that some people share Putin’s perspective.

Do you disagree that some people here share his perspective?  Of course not.  You know it’s true.

I am making no attempt at any argument, whatsoever.  I have no desire to convince anyone of to see things my way.  You be you.

I suppose that depends on who you spend time with and who you listen to.  Putin supporters hang out with Putin supporters and non-Putin supporters tend to hang out with non-Putin supporters.
View Quote

It’s not a binary thing and you know it. You’re a smart guy and that type of oversimplification is beneath you. Why do you want it to be so tribal? “In OUR tribe, or the totally-not-a-pootin-loving-traitor tribe.”

It just seems as though you’ve assumed the role of “evangelist to the simpletons”. It is insulting and I think that’s part of the technique of manipulation. Why, man? I know you’re better than that.  Maybe I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
BTW: I'm looking all over GD for the usual suspects to howl about the $5 Billion we sent to Iran for the hostages, how that's destroying the US budget, how we're funding the Iranian retirement, there's probably Iranians dancing in beachclubs, etc. Seems like those threads aren't turning up during a search. Strange.
View Quote

The ayatollah just bought another mansion in Egypt
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's also totally factual.

Or do you have actual input to offer rebuttal?

TheYour chosen facts:

The end of aid to Ukraine is a foregone conclusion, not just in the U.S., but worldwide.

It can only be pushed so far and the end is in sight.

This is a RUSSIAN problem.  They are dealing with a recalcitrant and troublesome neighbor that was historically part of Russia and contains many ethnic Russians who have been oppressed.
View Quote

So we're a British problem?

This is a country that only knows how to deal with problems through violence and manipulation like a dysfunctional methbilly.
If they get Ukraine's resources and geography they will be more of a problem for the entire world, not less.

From 21Feb22

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
BTW: I'm looking all over GD for the usual suspects to howl about the $5 Billion we sent to Iran for the hostages, how that's destroying the US budget, how we're funding the Iranian retirement, there's probably Iranians dancing in beachclubs, etc. Seems like those threads aren't turning up during a search. Strange.
View Quote

It was actually 6 billion. The next day at the UN Iran called for the destruction of America.   Another horrific action by our government.  Another action that puts Americans in danger.  Take a American hostage and get a billion.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I imagine I'll have a Coke.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:38:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a highly uneducated comment. The $5 billion was confiscated from Iran over the span of years, it was never our money to begin with.

Also $5 billion of money that isn’t ours is a lot less than 130 billion of money that is ours.

Try to do better next time and maybe get educated.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
When you view it through the lens that the right is just supporting their Current Thing (F Ukraine), it makes more sense.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This is a highly uneducated comment. The $5 billion was confiscated from Iran over the span of years, it was never our money to begin with.

Also $5 billion of money that isn’t ours is a lot less than 130 billion of money that is ours.

Try to do better next time and maybe get educated.
View Quote

You're not entirely wrong from what I can tell, but this is hilarious.

Partisan outrage or the truth?

Strange bedfellows indeed.
Nobody panic, sometimes you end up agreeing with someone on the other side of the aisle, and that's okay.

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm just an uneducated yokel, so please explain this to me...

Regardless of where the money came from, we now have $6 Billion LESS than we had before to spend on American taxpayers, right?
View Quote

No.

But we are $130 billion poorer and soon to be $24 billion poorer and more in debt if democrats get their way.

It’s interesting you are incapable of seeing the false equivalency and moving of the goal posts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top