Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Faster than the Brit’s new carrier.
View Quote

They dont leave their windup key in port.

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We should be making inroads and establishing a deep friendship with india. The last 3 presidents were too busy deep throating pakistan for access into AFG  that we offended and ignored india. A strong American/Indian alliance would buttfuck China good and proper.
View Quote

I also fail to understand the warm hearted friendship with or dearest fremeny called Pakistan which is already a China puppet state.  We should warming up to Inda tikki takki.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I also fail to understand the warm hearted friendship with or dearest fremeny called Pakistan which is already a China puppet state.  We should warming up to Inda tikki takki.
View Quote

Strategic tension, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, yadda yadda.

Right after 9/11 the US sent a fellow named Armitage to go speak to the current president of Pakistan. Some jerk with a really hard to spell name (Musharrif?) I can't remember. In the meeting Armitage said that Pakistan had to either cooperate with the war on terror. Or they would break Pakistan over his head.

If they had broken Pakistan over that guy's head. I think it might have solved a lot of problems going forward.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been meaning to post the real story of the fake documentary called Zero dark thirty for some time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Imagine the smell.
View Quote

Over-the-horizon tell.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.bizzbuzz.news/economy/stage-set-for-reincarnation-of-ins-vikrant-aircraft-carrier-1163049

India's first indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant has a displacement of 43,000 tonnes, while China's Fujian has a displacement of more than 80,000 tonnes. The USS Gerald R Ford, the largest warship in the world, has a displacement of 112,000 tonnes

https://thefederal.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/ins-vikrant.jpg
View Quote

I don`t think that`s the Vikrant. That looks like the reconstructed Kiev class carrier , ex Gorshkov.

Don`t be totally trusting of India. They`ve been very friendly to Russia/USSR since their independence. They`ve been turning westward recently because of superior western equipment, and the fact they finally realized the Russians were screwing them on their large defense buys with them. The above carrier  was delivered many years late. The Russians got caught bribing the indian Admiral in charge with hookers and blow. They had to panic buy Sig 716s after the border clash with China last year because the indigenous rifle , the Insas, was a complete piece of crap. They turned down a US offer to buy the ex USS Kittyhawk for scrap value if they would buy the planes for the air group from the US.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don`t think that`s the Vikrant. That looks like the reconstructed Kiev class carrier , ex Gorshkov.
View Quote

You're right.

This is the INS Vikrant.

The biggest difference between the two is that the Vikrant uses 4 GE LM2500+ gas turbines while the Vikramaditya uses 8 turbo-pressurized boilers.
The Vikrant has 4 exhaust stacks built into the stbd side of the island while the Vikramaditya has a single stack in the middle of the top of the island.
The Vikrant is also shorter.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top