Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are many sports outside of watching grown men play a children's game. I think it's the Uncle Rico factor of so many guys thinking they could have turned professional  that makes ball sports so appealing vs things that are actually difficult such as rally,hard enduro and real roads racing,big wave surfing and many others. I think it's the difference between "I can bounce a ball,that could be me" vs "I can ride a motorcycle but no,no I really can't".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgy9q7wTFGw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlw3Eg7sjXY

View Quote
I watch these kinds of things.  If we had that kind of "sports" on like NFL used to be, I'd watch the shit out of it.  

But grown men fondling balls and sniffing asses isn't my thing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
UFC.
View Quote

You mean mma right. A huge chunk of the fighters are foreigners who don’t give a shit about blm.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Realistically, yes.  They'll all survive the protests, although the hit to their bottom lines will be considerable.   The question is whether they'll survive time.

Baseball is no longer the great American pastime it used to be.  Going to game is fun, but watching it on tv just sucks.  It's the same complaints - games are too long, and frankly not enough to keep kids' attention.  I played baseball as a kid and loved it, but it's not enough now.

Football as a sport is in trouble nationwide, mostly because of the CTE issue.  I know it's still big in the south, but youth participation is dropping elsewhere.  Also, between college and NFL, you can watch a game on tv every day of the week from about October through December.  It's too much exposure for some people.  And, it's kind of a similar story with baseball - kids would rather play Fortnite than watch a game that has a commercial break every 5 minutes.

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Over half the country voted for Hillary. Sports aren’t going anywhere. Especially the nba unfortunately. China loves basketball and has 7x’s our population
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I quit the NHL after the BLM shit they are pulling and after those assholes in Dallas (of all places) took a knee.

Its been nice, actually.

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.

Decisions have consequences, and the NBA, NFL and NASCAR have made decisions. Time will tell if their attendance and support is impacted (emptier stands, less merch sales, worsening ratings).
View Quote

How can the stands get emptier ?
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

And female beach volleyball
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Motogp
Wsbk
Motoamerica
Motocross
F1

I could care less about sportsball
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope not.

ETA: I think the OP is talking about the "League" sports.

NFL
NBA
NHL
MLB
MLS
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#12]
The best thing to do is ignore these bitch athletes and their little protest.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#13]
They'll all end up surviving.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I sure hope not.
View Quote

^^
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Over half the country voted for Hillary. Sports aren't going anywhere. Especially the nba unfortunately. China loves basketball and has 7x's our population
View Quote

Yeah, but how many of our leftist population are going to watch sports?  Sports has winners and losers, and all kinds of stuff that could damage their psyche.  

Agreed about the NBA though.  I also wonder if the NHL's percentage of non-American owners and players is why they're drinking the BLM kool-ade. They are ignorant about what BLM stands for and don't actually understand how toxic the organization is.  Too bad, because I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto last year.  It was amazing, and made me want to get back into following the NHL again.  But...nah.  I guess I'll stick to NHL '94 on Sega Genesis for my hockey fix.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Football is already done for IMO, baseball is next it appears.

Will any sports organization survive the wave of "protests"?
View Quote

FISHING?
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Unfortunately they will all survive. It's like an addictive drug MANY people cannot give up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I've never used the arfism "I'll have a Coke.", but i can think of nothing more apropos if pro sportsball goes under. Really.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#20]
As long as MMA survives I'm good with everything else being canceled.    And judging from Dana Whites speech at the RNC, I think it'll be fine.

ETA.... I do hope hockey survives too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hockey?
View Quote

Two players (black) shared their outrage that the NHL played Wed night, even though their teams aren't even playing anymore, and the SJW hockey media (mostly in Canada) put the screws to the players so they caved. One of the players driving it is Evander Kane. was charged with harassing and disturbing women at a bar, and bought his way out with a settlement. Other guy was Matt Dumba(ss).

I'm a lifelong hockey fan, played for over 35 years. I'm done. Not going to watch. It was cool for the past few weeks to have meaningful games on at 3pm on a Tuesday, but no more.

NHL is dead to me.
NBA is dead to me.
MLB is dead to me.
NFL is dead to me.
Tennis is dead to me after they shut down the tournament this past week because one black player (Osaka) withdrew in protest. I guess she must have had all the tennis balls in her bag because they said they couldn't play anymore when she quit.

Golf may be the only thing left right now. I know Tiger is getting a lot of pressure to "use his influence" to make a stand, but don't forget, he's friends with Trump.

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope not, screw them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope, and its fucking glorious.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Well the way I see it, they're having to compete with the very thing they have willfully decided to endorse.

The new bread and circus isn't on the courts, diamonds, or on the gridiron.

Unfortunately for those who are having their communities destroyed, the new arena is the street.

It's disgustingly pathetic.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I think sportsball may very well be hitching their survival on Biden being elected.

They are either unwilling or unable to take the financial hit of China virus.

Bet the move is get Biden elected and show up, hat in hand looking for a bailout to cover their losses. Because sportsball is too big to fail.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#26]
They’ll survive. I think their prime is gone but they’ll still be around.

I’m a baseball fan and yuuuge Astros fan, but even I haven’t watched a single game since about ten minutes into this years Opening Day. Some of my friends are kinda shocked at first, but then they remember my convictions so they understand. Some have even joined me.

More time and more money is how I look at it. Do I make a dent? Nope. But I feel better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I sure hope not.
View Quote

2nd post nailed it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I sure hope not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hockey?
View Quote

Nope.

NHL was putting their toe in the water, yesterday they dove head first into the shit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I think the prediction was Rollerball only.  Global teams with Industry sponsors
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Professional Tug-o-War is waiting in the wings.

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope this leads to more people getting off their asses and playing a sport vs. watching it on TV.

Go join a recreational league for softball, baseball, hockey. Go learn boxing, judo, BJJ, kickboxing. Go play golf or bowl. Fucking get active and get the mind control feedbag off your face. Don’t live vicariously through other men, live your own life of adventure.

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#34]
They can all eat a dick.   Bread and Circus.  

- NBA lectures us on social issues while LJ makes millions off slave labor in China.  They have the largest demographic of black players and white fans and somehow we are racist... fuck yourselves NBA

- NFL on your knee mother fuckers with zero to show for it.  Criminals and thugs.  Cancel culture with a rich history that got lost like a piece of baggage at an airport.  

- MLB just no.  

Fuck “professional sports” and any grown ass man that wears another mans name on a jersey he spent 300 bucks for.  Idiots.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#35]
I hope not.

My wife was a big sports nut and would always have the TV on either ESPN or a game and she said she's done with sports until they get their head out of their asses and you know there are many more like her.

I wonder if these dipshits know that a big percentage of the people who watched their stuff are the working class people who are fed up with all the BLM crap.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I hope not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Hockey. Scratch that apparently they folded too. Fuck them all
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#38]
USPSA
IDPA
3 GUN (MULTIGUN)
PRS
NRL

All look to be growing in popularity if the ammo shortage doesn't kill it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#39]
My kids baseball team played a normal season this summer. The local golf course, dirt track and drag strip are open.

That's about all the "sports" i care about.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#40]
FPNI.
F sportsball and the communist kneelers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#41]
If they fuck with womens college volleyball, it's FO time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
UFC.
View Quote

This.  Dana White doesn’t tolerate any SJW gayness and is a personal friend of Trump.

The UFC has been putting on MMA events for months now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#43]
3 gun
IDPA
IPSC
USPSA
CAS
SASS
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#44]
PANEM ET CIRCENSIS

Who cares
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I sure hope not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

LOL

Pretty soon it will all be 6'5", 200 pound "women" with 5 o'clock shadows who can compete, thanks to the same postmodernists that are destroying the rest of athletics.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I sure hope not.
View Quote

At first I was hoping hockey would survive. Now IDGAF.

End it all. Then watch the low-IQ athletes try to make a living while putting in 40 hours per week bagging groceries and selling motor oil.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#49]
BJJ....that's all I care about.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Not if I have anything to do with it. Fukm.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top