Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
It won't be like you think:

Mad Men: LSD Scene [HD] 720p

Mad Men - Roger Sterling and Jane on LSD (Part 2)
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's PCP not LSD.
People get all dusted up and think they can fly.
View Quote

Yes, it's utter bullshit. People use the names PCP and LSD interchangeably.  I've never seen or heard of anybody doing anything life-threatening on LSD.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would think it's far more likely with a dissociative like PCP or even salvia.  Never done either but I have done LSD.  I cannot say that I regret it either.
View Quote

I will forever think of you as Marvin, in the movie RED now...

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, it's utter bullshit. People use the names PCP and LSD interchangeably.  I've never seen or heard of anybody doing anything life-threatening on LSD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's PCP not LSD.
People get all dusted up and think they can fly.

PCP is dissociative, you have no idea whats going on, and no idea that you are on a drug. You are detached from yourself and reality, and this is VERY dangerous.

With LSD and other hallucinogens you are aware that you are on drugs. You know reality, yet recognize your situation. You can reason and think rationally even though you are tripping your balls off. You can recognize danger, but can willfully do stupid shit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I never jumped to my death.....unless
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have first hand experience over many many years of using LSD and being around tons of people using it.  Nobody ever freaks out really.

The main thing with lsd or shrooms is don't take them if you have current trauma major anxiety or fucked up shit fresh on your mind and do it with experienced people.    Generally you just have a planned out trip of movies and music and whatnot to keep your mind having fun instead of getting into weird stuff.  People who do it on their own the first time tend to try to fight the onset and give themselves anxiety which could then ruin your trip.

On a side note.  Supposedly if you have schizophrenia in your genes it can trigger it.  So if that runs in your family may not want to roll the dice.

The shit the government said about LSD and other hallucinogens is largely bullshit. I think the government largely went after them because on effect is it breaks your usual thinking patterns and a lot of people can begin to clearly see through propaganda and bullshit they were previously programmed to believe
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I figured it was war on drugs bullshit, but always wondered if there were actual instances of it happening. So way more likely with PCP? I’m assuming other anesthetic disassociates like DXM do the same?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://c.tenor.com/vjzI8jbZggAAAAAC/john-malkovich-red.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would think it's far more likely with a dissociative like PCP or even salvia.  Never done either but I have done LSD.  I cannot say that I regret it either.

https://c.tenor.com/vjzI8jbZggAAAAAC/john-malkovich-red.gif

Good.  IDGAF
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure but my cousin was hard into LSD for a bit and is now legit clinically diagnosed schizophrenic and other shit. Has tried to kill her mom several times and is institutionalized.  Not sure if the LSD did it, had a hand in it or nothing at all.

No family history or signs of mental illness prior.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Most entertaining $10 you’ll ever spend.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I could see how it could happen no experience with anyone doing anything like that and there was a good bit of lsd around when i was young.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Yep, lsd just like drinking a coke.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Depends on what formula they were using, how strong the dose was, and what the stimulus is. During the 50s and 60s, MK-Ultra, Sandoz, HUbbard, Leary, Owlsley and a number of others were big proponents of LSD. It waswn't always illegal, and people were trying to get it approved for medical use.

Just like with any other substance, there's good and bad stuff out there, and people who are good or bad depending. The most important thing to bear in mind is that there's never any way to be sure of the dosage, the purity, or the source.

My best advice? Stay away from LSD, from people taking it, and try to avoid having any contact with it. Yes, people did jump to their deaths, mostly because they had no idea of what was happening to them, and the circumstances under which they were dosed kind of pushed them that way.  Even worse is the people who have done it several times and become amoral, almost as if they know the difference between right and wrong and simply do not care. AGain, a lot of it is due to circumstances, and I am certain that you'll probably hear from other people about what it did for them, and didn't do to them, but again, because it's so hit and miss, it is a huge gamble.

If you are still interested in knowing more about it, try erowid. There are some first hand accounts on there from people who have taken drugs and have posted what it was like. Remember though, it's a black hole, and it will suck you in if you let it, and there's no way back from it. One thing is almost constant. Most of the people you talk to who are doing drugs like that, almost always have some other kind of mental issue. Best bet is to distance yourself.

You've been warned.
View Quote

Lol most folks take lsd and have a fun night or a shitty one and don't do it a whole lot more or at least pretty infrequently afterward.

It seems to have roughly the same effect on most users regardless of any variables like dosage or purity.

If you have a fucked up shitty life it might make you realize how much of a fuck up you are and or exacerbate whatever fucked up shit is already in your head or it might cause you to stop being such a fuckup.

Idk most people should try a psychedelic at least once.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you have a fucked up shitty life it might make you realize how much of a fuck up you are and or exacerbate whatever fucked up shit is already in your head or it might cause you to stop being such a fuckup.

Idk most people should try a psychedelic at least once.
View Quote

Good point there.
A lot of how it turns out will depend on your intentions for using (recreational vs therapeutic)

Not saying recreational is inherently bad, but you should have your shit relatively together.

On the other hand, if your shit’s not together, and you’re not afraid of some kick in the balls introspection, a dissolving of ego, and a good hard reset upstairs; it may be just the ticket (get guidance if you’re looking for a therapeutic outcome)

Yes, hallucinogens are a powerful and potentially fun class of drugs, but they’re also a powerful medicine.

One would be a fool to dismiss it purely based on government & religious fear mongering. There’s a whole different world living in your head. Go find it.

On the topic of dosage, while one may get in over their comfort level, the LD50 on hallucinogens is ridiculous, you would have to be intentionally trying to fuck up with mass quantities.

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I doubt I would enjoy it.

Can’t even take percoset when prescribed because I loathe the loss of control, and it makes me barf.  Doesn’t actually do much for pain either.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:32:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I could see how that could happen. When you're on a lot of it, life seems like a weird fake simulation you aren't a part of any more, or a game you've figured out. So doing things like jumping off buildings or running through traffic aren't as dangerous as they'd normally seem.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Back when I was a young teen, I used to play guitar with a kid a little older than me who died falling out of a 1st story window. Apparently he was high on LSD, jumped through a large living room window, and didn't clear the broken shards. He impaled onto the glass, was disemboweled and died from loss of blood.

I can only imagine how bad his trip must have been as he passed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:58:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Bill Hicks - Positive LSD Story
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:30:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:03:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I had some fucked up shit from when I was a teenager to my 20’s that needs and should stay buried.

If you have anything like that then hallucinogens are a terrible idea.

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have first hand experience over many many years of using LSD and being around tons of people using it.  Nobody ever freaks out really.

The main thing with lsd or shrooms is don't take them if you have current trauma major anxiety or fucked up shit fresh on your mind and do it with experienced people.    Generally you just have a planned out trip of movies and music and whatnot to keep your mind having fun instead of getting into weird stuff.  People who do it on their own the first time tend to try to fight the onset and give themselves anxiety which could then ruin your trip.

On a side note.  Supposedly if you have schizophrenia in your genes it can trigger it.  So if that runs in your family may not want to roll the dice.

The shit the government said about LSD and other hallucinogens is largely bullshit. I think the government largely went after them because on effect is it breaks your usual thinking patterns and a lot of people can begin to clearly see through propaganda and bullshit they were previously programmed to believe
View Quote

Yeah, like, no. You take some dope, and all of a sudden, you understand how programmed you really were before you took those pills, man.

The government knows more about it than you or I ever will. They did scientific studies of it, studied the effects of it on people, and are well aware of the lasting side effects. If you need mind bending drugs in order to see the truth, the truth you're seeing is more than likely BS.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, like, no. You take some dope, and all of a sudden, you understand how programmed you really were before you took those pills, man.

The government knows more about it than you or I ever will. They did scientific studies of it, studied the effects of it on people, and are well aware of the lasting side effects. If you need mind bending drugs in order to see the truth, the truth you're seeing is more than likely BS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

K you do you and trust the government.  The science is settled I'm sure.   Nevermind all the new highly effective therapies based on MDMA , ketamine, shrooms and LSD based on the fact that it helps you break out of self destructive cycles your brain has pretty much wired itself to.

Go ernment propaganda brainwashing through fear is a real thing.

Take your boosters and stay safe.  The government will protect you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 3:47:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had some fucked up shit from when I was a teenager to my 20's that needs and should stay buried.

View Quote
Yeah I would highly recommend people who have bad shit buried they can't deal with not try recreational hallucinogenic drugs.   That stuff has a high chance of coming to the surface in that state.   That said if you look into some therapies with MDMA it making huge strides with trauma and PTSD patients since with a therapist guiding you it also helps you accept and come to terms with those things and remove the fear anger and whatever else you have attached to it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Depends on what formula they were using, how strong the dose was, and what the stimulus is. During the 50s and 60s, MK-Ultra, Sandoz, HUbbard, Leary, Owlsley and a number of others were big proponents of LSD. It waswn't always illegal, and people were trying to get it approved for medical use.

Just like with any other substance, there's good and bad stuff out there, and people who are good or bad depending. The most important thing to bear in mind is that there's never any way to be sure of the dosage, the purity, or the source.

My best advice? Stay away from LSD, from people taking it, and try to avoid having any contact with it. Yes, people did jump to their deaths, mostly because they had no idea of what was happening to them, and the circumstances under which they were dosed kind of pushed them that way.  Even worse is the people who have done it several times and become amoral, almost as if they know the difference between right and wrong and simply do not care. AGain, a lot of it is due to circumstances, and I am certain that you'll probably hear from other people about what it did for them, and didn't do to them, but again, because it's so hit and miss, it is a huge gamble.

If you are still interested in knowing more about it, try erowid. There are some first hand accounts on there from people who have taken drugs and have posted what it was like. Remember though, it's a black hole, and it will suck you in if you let it, and there's no way back from it. One thing is almost constant. Most of the people you talk to who are doing drugs like that, almost always have some other kind of mental issue. Best bet is to distance yourself.

You've been warned.
View Quote

A bit over the top but not bad advice to stay away.

I've dabbled in hallucinogenics back in the day and never felt or saw anything that would make me want to jump out a window and I had access to some pretty good stuff back than.  This is going back 30-35 years ago at this point.   I never saw anyone that was inclined to do that either.  I basically was just really, really high for a very, very long time.  

It is something that I just really learned to not enjoy very much because I simply did not enjoy being like that for that length of time.

Environment also plays a role in how one responds to a trip.  If you are with the wrong people, it can be horrible.  Basically, unless you are with people that truly love and respect you, or unless the people are at least mindful of whats going on and act appropriately towards you, you are setting yourself up for a bad experience.  

I will second Stretchmans comment to stay away though because unless you know the person, you simply have no clue what you might be getting.  There are a lot of people out there that don't know what they are doing, don't care, or are just clueless when it comes to the word " quality ".

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Do ppl on drugs fall off shit the same as drunk ppl do? Well yea.

Id find it hard to believe its much different with typical doses of psychedelics like lsd or  
psilocybin than alcohol since you still generally have a sense of self. You can picture the control of yourself on those (not the experience but your control over youself) similar to being pretty drunk. Normal doses of those will give you things like heightened thinking (could be good or bad thoughts) minor visuals like you can see patterns resembling things in say the carpet kinda like looking at clouds and saying that looks like a dog or whatever, you may also see items moving a bit or say a pattern on the wall looks like its 3 dimensional. Shit like that. You still know your name your just thinking a lot and seeing weird effects.

That said Im not sure if a heroic dose of those would produce something similar to DMT or even concentrated salvia in which case the control of yourself is more like if you've ever gotten blackout drunk gone on autopilot and woken up wondering how you got there. Those experiences are more like what you see in the movies full on shit that isnt there appearing, TVs talking to you, no sense of self. Ppl that do those things responsibly will have a sober person around to keep you from doing really dumb things.

To add the really intense experiences are kinda like putting your finger in an outlet that first time as a child and going "holy shit what the fuck was that". Most ppl dont want to do it again at least not for a while which is why those drugs are typically not addictive.

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#26]
In the early 2000s my brother was an RA at one of the Illinois state universities.  They had a girl fall/jump out of a 4 or 5 story window while on acid.  So it happens.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#27]
People who are suicidal should not take LSD.

OP, the word you were looking for is 'anecdotal.'
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Had a kid that thought he could fly and was trying to get to the building roof to prove to his friends.
He got dog piled on and taken to the  ER
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:37:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I've known a bunch of people who've done LSD and I never heard of anyone thinking they could fly or jumping off anything or doing anything crazy like that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#30]
An acquaintance wandered off into the woods behind his house and froze to death on new years eve several years ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#31]
What has the OP heard about the mormons?
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:12:08 AM EDT
[#32]
“Someone I know” has taken LSD probably around 100 times in his teens and mid 20s (4 year pause for the army).  

PCP exactly once. They are nothing alike.

Still kickin at 50. No flashbacks. Just fun memories for the lsd. Nothing fun about dummy dust.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't remember if it was specifically LSD.

I came upon the scene as they were putting the kid's body in either an ambulance.  He jumped off the roof of a 12 story dormitory and landed on the hood of a car.  The corner of the hood where he hit was literally molded around the components below.  You could see individual bolts, parts of the frame, etc...   New media reported he had been on some kind of hallucinogenic.  

Also, there was a B-17 making very low passes over the campus that morning and I've always wondered if the two events were related.  That B17 was REALLY low and you could literally feel the vibrations from the engines on the ground.  I can't imagine experiencing that from the roof of a 12 story building while hallucinating.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#34]
There a good series on psychedelic substances, their history and research - including MKUltra if I remember - using them for some treatments and enlightenment.

Lot of research picking up again on this subject these days.

On Netflix I think. Very interesting watch.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:00:53 AM EDT
[#35]
There was someone in my city that stabbed themself while on LSD and died. Not sure all the details.

I don’t know about anyone trying to fly out a window. I can see being so out of it you can’t see what’s going on and stumble and fall, maybe even out a window, but not try and fly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Someone I know stood on the cliffs of the chattahoochee river, maybe 40 feet high, while on LSD, just to see if it would make them jump. They in fact did not jump, but just enjoyed the view instead.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#38]
45,000 people die every year from suicide, and 100,000 from "accidental" opiate overdose.  But hey 'I heard from my sister's roommate about this kid 2 dorms over who they said did LSD and he totally jumped off the dorm roof.'

Drugs are bad m'kay.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Let’s try to give them LSD….AND GUNS!!
British Army on LSD (Acid) drugs

I always get a laugh from this.

One of the most accurate depictions of tripping on acid was in “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas” when Depp(Hunter) was in a casino… the floor was oozing and the people looking reptilian. In that environment, totally nails it.
Now if you live an apartment with a load of friends and you raid the dumpster of the porn shop next door and combine tabs with cheesy porn mags, you are going to be aching the next day from hours….literally hours…of laughing your ass off.
As far as jumping off buildings… no. No more than being drunk would make you do something stupid.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You've been warned.
View Quote
Copypasta or Poe’s Law?
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Timothy Leary is dead.
View Quote

He was also a snitch.  ??
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I saw SLC Punk, no way I'm going near that stuff.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
People who are suicidal should not take LSD.

OP, the word you were looking for is 'anecdotal.'
View Quote
Or shrooms.  

I'd imagine this is how the roof jumpers happen. Those drugs seem to give you peace with your existence in way.  I could easily see how that could translate into being at peace with leaving this world if you are suicidal.

LSD and shrooms are a pretty common therapy in a few countries now with terminal patients.   Seems to help people accept they are going to die and relieve their anxiety about it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Or shrooms.  

I'd imagine this is how the roof jumpers happen. Those drugs seem to give you peace with your existence in way.  I could easily see how that could translate into being at peace with leaving this world if you are suicidal.

LSD and shrooms are a pretty common therapy in a few countries now with terminal patients.   Seems to help people accept they are going to die and relieve their anxiety about it.
View Quote

A fair point made there, but the effects of “peace” are a enduring feature.... like months, so a interesting study would be looking at those who are considered suicidal, and counting the “high jumpers” vs those who jump (or don’t) in the next 2 months, vs those who don’t take part in hallucinogens and wind up taking the plunge (or don’t).
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

A fair point made there, but the effects of "peace" are a enduring feature.... like months, so a interesting study would be looking at those who are considered suicidal, and counting the "high jumpers" vs those who jump (or don't) in the next 2 months, vs those who don't take part in hallucinogens and wind up taking the plunge (or don't).
View Quote
Hard to say really. My experience when younger was the opposite of a sense of futility from it. It gave me a sense that the meaning of life was nothing and I'm just a blip on the radar.   That did change my motivations.  I had less drive to "make a name for myself" to impress other people . Sort of dampened my work and career aspirations but it also gave me a great sense of gratitude for even existing for this little spec of time.  So my priorities shifted to things that make me happy.  I abandon anything that gives me grief without hesitation and dive into things I'm passionate about.   I appreciate every moment of things I enjoy and people I love.  I don't let work for the sake of work run my life.  Priority is life in the work life balance.  So for me it had a massively positive impact in my life.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I've never had a jumping problem.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I never jumped to my death while on LSD.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Remember though, it's a black hole, and it will suck you in if you let it, and there's no way back from it. One thing is almost constant. Most of the people you talk to who are doing drugs like that, almost always have some other kind of mental issue. Best bet is to distance yourself.

You've been warned.
View Quote

LMAO. What a crock of shit.

You sound like some movie Colonel from the 1960s trying to scare kids. Ridiculous.

Enthogens can do wonders in helping people of all sorts of different walks of life. What I will say is that LSD is by far the most volatile of the bunch. That goes for the whole tryptamine family. I've [allegedly] seen people with years of great trips suddenly delve into the realms of psychosis hell for apparently no reason. Jumping from buildings or thinking you can fly? Ya, that could happen I guess. But it's a 1 in 100 million thing or less. How many people fall off buildings or die from tripping and hitting their head because of alcohol???? Hundreds of thousands of times more than from LSD.

Frankly, anyone so irresponsible to not set the setting beforehand is asking for it with any mind-altering substance, including alcohol.

MDMA and other phenethylamines like mescaline have a much less "hectic" feel to them, and are much more beneficial in every way to experience. People have pulled themselves out of life long addictions and depressions with a single therapy session.

All allegedly of course.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I had some fucked up shit from when I was a teenager to my 20’s that needs and should stay buried.

View Quote

Sorry man. Honestly though, if you can find the right person to walk you through it, a therapy session with MDMA can unburden a lifetime of weight from your shoulders and heart. Lots of licensed psychologists have practiced this.

Just saying think about it. Do some research.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#50]
It’s like the infamous Blue Star Acid scare that went around back in the 90s.

Supposedly rub-on tattoos of a blue star were impregnated with LSD and pushed on kids at playgrounds everywhere.

Complete bullshit
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top