Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
They should start with their illegal settlements first.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

God I hope so, maybe the zoning committees will come to their senses a lot faster if they do.
View Quote

screen name fits.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"Based on Caterpillar’s 110,225 lb (50,000 kg), 452 horsepower D9, the D9R is nicknamed “Doobi” - Hebrew for teddy bear."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler/2023/10/24/israels-armored-caterpillar-bulldozers-will-be-active-in-gaza/?sh=12f4704f34d6

https://imageio.forbes.com/specials-images/imageserve/653732a16f4e5fc7137df9e0/IDF-Caterpillar-D9-armored-bulldozer---Israel-66th-Independence-Day/960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1440

As in the past, the Israeli Defense Force will rely on an effective tool - the armored D9R bulldozer - to root out Hamas militants and clear deadly explosives.

Bulldozers have been useful military tools since WWII when the British developed the first armored dozer, a Caterpillar D7 medium-sized tractor (31, 870 lbs/14,456 kg) fitted with engine and driver-protecting armor.

Produced in preparation for the Battle of Normandy, the D7s were assigned to clearing the invasion beaches of obstacles and quickly making roads accessible by clearing rubble and filling in bomb craters. Over the next days, weeks and months, Israeli D9Rs will take on similar tasks in an environment just as, or more, dangerous.
Caterpillar D9 bulldozer

Based on Caterpillar’s 110,225 lb (50,000 kg), 452 horsepower D9, the D9R is nicknamed “Doobi” Hebrew for teddy bear. While the massive machines may not look particularly cuddly, they have saved many Israeli lives and arguably, many Palestinian lives as well.

Doobis are operated by the IDF’s Combat Engineering Corps whose roles include road breaching, counter-mobility of enemy forces, construction and destruction under fire, sabotage, explosives, bomb disposal, and counter-weapons of mass destruction.

Commercial market D9s are imported to Israel by local Caterpillar dealer, Israeli Tractors and Equipment (ITE) part of the construction group, Zoko Enterprises. Working in conjunction with the IDF’s Technology and Maintenance Corps, Zoko/ITE and Israel Aerospace Industries add advanced armor to the bulldozers including slat armor (cage or standoff type armor) to base D9s.

The armor kit provides protection to the D9’s engine and hydraulic systems as well as the operator cabin. The D9R is crewed by a driver/operator and commander. Bullet-proof glass and armored cabin pillars are augmented by slat armor which prevents rocket-propelled grenades, anti-tank missiles and rockets from lodging in/around the cab structure. The kit, including belly armor and a beefed-up dozer blade, adds approximately 34,000 pounds (15,422 kg) to the D9s overall weight.
View Quote

That doesn't seem strong enough on the engine piece. 452hp??
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I was living the dream when a neigbor let me rent his D5 for a few weeks while I cleaned up my land after we built our house. I operated that thing with a shit eating grin for many hours on end. So incredibly badass

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
hard to believe they run that behemoth on 425HP.  I would have guessed they'd need 1000HP
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
killdozer dude's wet dream
View Quote

yes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There’s always a douche bag in these threads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Form line abreast and push from the river to the sea

There’s always a douche bag in these threads.

Explain calling me a douche bag. Are you assuming that I'm pro palestinian? Or perhaps you object to the idea that Israel is justified in flattening that den of scum and villainy?

Did you misread my use of the palestinian's own chants against them?

I'll not deny being a douche bag but I want to know your reasoning.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#8]
That thing is unreasonable.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:49:59 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what i need for killdozer.....in minecraft. In before FBI shoots my dag.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Killdozer had a good idea with an enclosed cab and cameras. Killdozer wasn't worried about RPG's.

On the Israeli  D9 shoot the fuel or oil jerry cans by the cab and light them up with a molotov cocktail. Maybe a drone from the top.

Perhaps they could just stay home like they are doing now? The first ones they sent in didn't do too well.

Give peace a chance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#11]
They need a 20mm point fire suppression system mounted on top or quad 50’s.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:03:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
WTF are they going to knock down that hasn't already been leveled?!?

But do have to say that thing is ominous.
View Quote

They will be used to clear the rubble out of the streets.  You wouldn’t believe the destruction that ripping tooth on the back can do. If it Israeli decide to fuck up the Gaza airport it would be easy work for a D9 with a ripping tooth.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder if they let the settlers use them when there evicting Palestinians from their homes .
View Quote

If they capture a terrorist, they bull doze their family home.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Killdozer had a good idea with an enclosed cab and cameras. Killdozer wasn't worried about RPG's.

On the Israeli  D9 shoot the fuel or oil jerry cans by the cab and light them up with a molotov cocktail. Maybe a drone from the top.

Perhaps they could just stay home like they are doing now? The first ones they sent in didn't do too well.

Give peace a chance.
View Quote

Fuck peace. Hamas removed any possibility of that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Shit, now I have to update my Christmas list
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Give peace a chance.
View Quote

Peace? Welcome to the forum, exits to the right and left, your specific exit is on the left.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:37:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Hamas like to bury gas cylinders underground to make gas bombs. They use the D9s ripper to pull them up from under the ground.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:40:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Peace? Welcome to the forum, exits to the right and left, your specific exit is on the left.
View Quote

Your username checks out

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:43:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Sneak a nukes in the tunnels and detonate them.

Problem solved and very little fallout.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:05:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only that the IDF does not have 100 on hand to use and fuck up Hamas.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Coc 7 - 9/11 truther BS.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sometimes reasonable men must do understand things
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:39:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#26]
The PERFECT thing for enforcing Israel's 85 mile wide Safety Exclusion Zone.

Oh, wait. "Palestine" is only 80 miles wide?

Well, how about that!

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 3:45:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Remember Afghanistan, Vietnam, Ukraine is losing. Hey, volunteer, Ukraine is still taking bodies for the meat grinder, ages 15 to 70.

"Fight them there so you don't have to fight them here".?  Remember the 3 buildings in the World Trade Center that fell during 911? Wait only two were hit by airplanes??  The owner of the twin towers just happened to take out an insurance policy  that covered terrorism. Look it up. You've been conned.

Look up the Gulf of Tonkin, the USS liberty, hell they even knew in advance of the attack on Pearl Harbor.  The con continues.

The Israelis are known for their security and and intelligence service, they just happened to not notice Hamas plans, they didn't notice the paragliders or send out an attack helicopter? . Yea, right. Right about when Nuttinyahoo was being investigated for corruption. Don't believe me , look it up.

For too long now, the American people have rationalized turning a blind eye to all manner of government wrongdoing—asset forfeiture schemes, corruption, surveillance, endless wars, SWAT team raids, militarized police, profit-driven private prisons, and so on—because they were the so-called lesser of two evils.

If you choose the lesser of two evils, you are still choosing evil.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:12:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"Based on Caterpillar’s 110,225 lb (50,000 kg), 452 horsepower D9, the D9R is nicknamed “Doobi” - Hebrew for teddy bear."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erictegler/2023/10/24/israels-armored-caterpillar-bulldozers-will-be-active-in-gaza/?sh=12f4704f34d6

https://imageio.forbes.com/specials-images/imageserve/653732a16f4e5fc7137df9e0/IDF-Caterpillar-D9-armored-bulldozer---Israel-66th-Independence-Day/960x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1440

As in the past, the Israeli Defense Force will rely on an effective tool - the armored D9R bulldozer - to root out Hamas militants and clear deadly explosives.

Bulldozers have been useful military tools since WWII when the British developed the first armored dozer, a Caterpillar D7 medium-sized tractor (31, 870 lbs/14,456 kg) fitted with engine and driver-protecting armor.

Produced in preparation for the Battle of Normandy, the D7s were assigned to clearing the invasion beaches of obstacles and quickly making roads accessible by clearing rubble and filling in bomb craters. Over the next days, weeks and months, Israeli D9Rs will take on similar tasks in an environment just as, or more, dangerous.
Caterpillar D9 bulldozer

Based on Caterpillar’s 110,225 lb (50,000 kg), 452 horsepower D9, the D9R is nicknamed “Doobi” Hebrew for teddy bear. While the massive machines may not look particularly cuddly, they have saved many Israeli lives and arguably, many Palestinian lives as well.

Doobis are operated by the IDF’s Combat Engineering Corps whose roles include road breaching, counter-mobility of enemy forces, construction and destruction under fire, sabotage, explosives, bomb disposal, and counter-weapons of mass destruction.

Commercial market D9s are imported to Israel by local Caterpillar dealer, Israeli Tractors and Equipment (ITE) part of the construction group, Zoko Enterprises. Working in conjunction with the IDF’s Technology and Maintenance Corps, Zoko/ITE and Israel Aerospace Industries add advanced armor to the bulldozers including slat armor (cage or standoff type armor) to base D9s.

The armor kit provides protection to the D9’s engine and hydraulic systems as well as the operator cabin. The D9R is crewed by a driver/operator and commander. Bullet-proof glass and armored cabin pillars are augmented by slat armor which prevents rocket-propelled grenades, anti-tank missiles and rockets from lodging in/around the cab structure. The kit, including belly armor and a beefed-up dozer blade, adds approximately 34,000 pounds (15,422 kg) to the D9s overall weight.
View Quote

That thing better have Tier 4 final diesel emissions components.  I'm going to tell the UN if it doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Needs D11. Could doze straight through Gaza and push all of it into the sea. Of course there are transportation issues if it wasn't already right there. Or one of the giant draglines they use on coal sites. Scoop up a block and dump, repeat.

It would be something to see.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 4:28:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm kinda surprised they haven't used any old Le Tourneau stuff...

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:12:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

FYI this Saturday would have been Marvin Heemeyer's birthday.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:15:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Jesus them guys really took the Killdozer concept and ran with it!
View Quote

Israel is the OG of the Killdozer. They been doing it for decades.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:31:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Those things mean business.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:35:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I wonder if some hippie chick is gonna play chicken with one again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 5:37:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not big enough. I want to see a uparmored fleet of Liebherr mining dozers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
hard to believe they run that behemoth on 425HP.  I would have guessed they'd need 1000HP
View Quote

Gearing. Top speed is probably less than 20MPH. Even a 100HP dozer, loader or tractor can do some serious work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:19:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Every time they use the dozers the left goes ballistic and talks like they are going to boycott Cat and have them go out of business lol.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:20:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Give peace a chance.
View Quote

Seriously? The Pali's have stated that they don't want peace, not in the conventional sense, they want the Izzy's completely gone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the Forbes article, they DO have 100 of them!
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

248,000lbs plus armor would put it around 300,000lbs. As it’s about 30,000lbs on a D9. A D11 old be more. So about 50,000lbs of armor. Maybe more.

300,000lbs would be rough to move around and transport at all.  A D9 they can pop the blade off and move.

You also have height restrictions.  

A D9 12.54 feet tall.  With armor probably 13ft even.

A D11 is 15.29 feet.  Plus armor so almost 16 feet tall I would speculate.

Width is another problem. D11’s are almost 12 feet wide track to track. Over 22 feet depending on blade choices. D9 would be around 14.

So yeah… a lot harder to move.  A lot harder to move in the field, definitely down a road way.
View Quote

We move D11s around like you trailer an ATV.

Granted, we're using 789s to do it and a paved highway would not survive the process.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Give peace a chance.
View Quote

lol what?   Tell that to the murdered Israelis.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They should start with their illegal settlements first.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#44]
110,000 lbs? Add a vibrator system and just drive over and collapse a lot of Hamas tunnels!
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Killdozer goes milspec.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
WTF are they going to knock down that hasn't already been leveled?!?

But do have to say that thing is ominous.
View Quote

To move that knocked down debris.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I can think of a few places I’d like to drive that up, onto and through.

Top speed of 7.3 mph stock it may take a while to get there.,
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Gaza should be glass. Same with the WB.

Shit or get off the tualt.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:16:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Fun to watch two D9's 60 feet apart pull a large chain through the brush in south, TX to kill the brush.
They also pull root plows several feet beneath the ground. Interesting to watch, like to see one up armored.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top