User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:13:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Or we're in an echo chamber.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Used to surprise me but not anymore. Still run into gun guys that still think the laws (restrictions) are where they were at 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I have talked to very pro-gun guys here that I work with.  They are aware of it.

They are beat down.  They'll never fight.  The best of them will just hide guns and ammo, if it comes to that.

ETA: A lot of guys buying Ruger Precision rifles and other "tactical" bolt-actions.  Nobody fights...just finds ways to avoid conflict.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#7]
There are gun guys and then there are gun guys. Allot of people own guns and then for others it is a lifestyle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:10:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You (royal you) have created a tiny echo chamber and chased off anyone who doesn't march 100% in step, and now wonder why you're a tiny group when you need the masses.
Sounds like you have the answer.
View Quote
Welcome back.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sadly, this. Most gun owners (hell, most Americans) I know are pretty much clueless and don't really care to have a clue.

It drives me crazy when I get some dumb excuse like "I don't really follow politics". Sometimes I almost envy the people that can cluelessly and carelessly go through life oblivious to what's going on around them.
View Quote
Political apathy is one of the reasons our nation has become fucked up.  "But muh football..."  
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There are Gun Owners and there are 2nd Amendment Civil Rights Activists. The two are not mutual. The brains in the CATO Institute that got the ball rolling for Heller v DC weren't gun owners. They were Civil Rights Activists.

Just like how the Gun Industry is not automatically Pro 2nd Amendment, neither are Gun Owners automatically Pro 2nd Amendment. Many own guns are a toy and treat ownership as a hobby.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are gun guys and then there are gun guys. Allot of people own guns and then for others it is a lifestyle.
There are Gun Owners and there are 2nd Amendment Civil Rights Activists. The two are not mutual. The brains in the CATO Institute that got the ball rolling for Heller v DC weren't gun owners. They were Civil Rights Activists.

Just like how the Gun Industry is not automatically Pro 2nd Amendment, neither are Gun Owners automatically Pro 2nd Amendment. Many own guns are a toy and treat ownership as a hobby.
You are most certainly correct.

But even with people like the partner I talked about, who is a gun lifestylist, he didnt know.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Welcome back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You (royal you) have created a tiny echo chamber and chased off anyone who doesn't march 100% in step, and now wonder why you're a tiny group when you need the masses.
Welcome back.
He forgot his underscore
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#14]
They'll hear about it on the 21st after all those "evil heavily armed protesters converge on lobby day"
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This.

We are like 1%er gun owners. Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're outliers here, not typical gun owners. Nothing wrong with it, but it is what it is.
This.

That’s why I laughed when a few fear mongers here who insist people show up in shirt and tie were speculating the Iranians might infiltrate the rally. Lol. Derp.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What's a VA?
View Quote
Very Angry
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A lot of people don't bother keeping up with the news at all.

A guy I work with is like that. I mentioned something that was in the news not long ago, about a person getting attacked for their MAGA hat. He asked me what a MAGA hat is.

I had to explain it to him. He had never heard of it, and didn't know that red pro-Tump hats were any kind of significance in society today. He pays absolutely zero attention to news from any source. He has no idea what's going on in the world around him.
View Quote
I am guilty of this. I used to be very active but in the 90's it just got to me and I struggled with depression so I just quit paying attention to the news. I got into what I called Rainbows and unicorns. If it was negative I didn't go there. It's rather easy because I don't watch TV and our local rush wrapper is liberal bs. I scan issues here and I read a lot but I am completely out of touch. I applaud those of you who are taking an active role in this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is why every responsible gun owner should belong to a pro gun organization and read their magazine, letters or emails.
View Quote
They think they do. Unfortunately they belong to the NRA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yup. Statistically insignificant. I don't know anyone in real life that has a clue what they are trying to pull in VA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Yup. Statistically insignificant. I don't know anyone in real life that has a clue what they are trying to pull in VA.
This is why the holocaust was possible. It baffles me that even with today's technology, something similar could still happen again. If millions of gun owners disappeared over night, there might be some questions the next day at the office, but nobody would know the truth for a very long time; media wouldn't report it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If only there were a National oRganizAtion who had the clout, reach and bankroll to get the message out in a meaningful way.
View Quote
No shit.  Every person with a subscription to American Rifleman should know what's going on right now, and you know what's on the line. They should know about the counties declared themselves sanctuaries and they should know about the effort by vcdl on Lobby day and the NRA should go in behind them but they won't.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#24]
The average gun owner, the guy who would say something like "Yeah I have a Glock, I forget what model, I think it's 9mm though and an AR that I got in 2008 that I never even shot lol.  I have 2 shotguns and a deer rifle that my dad left me but I don't even know what they are" will be a felon in VA soon.

I believe that's a big part of the reason we've seen the reaction from Virginians that we've seen so far.  This doesn't only affect the fringe gun guys and their obscure parts and accessories, this gets everyone.

Your grandma has gramps's old gun in a box up in the closet?  Felon.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Cool third post, bro.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool third post, bro.
@truth1st I'm totally alright with that. The 2A community needs to be cleansed and purified of those who would compromise our rights.

clarification: By cleansed and purified, I mean, if someone belongs over in DU then we don't want to hear their anti freedom rhetoric here. They are free to share it, but we don't have to want to hear it. In no way am I suggesting any sort of physical violence by using those terms.

Also, you may be surprised come Jan. 20th to see how many numbers we muster. We might not all be NFA owners or 2A purists, but the majority of America owns guns and the majority does not like being told to hand them in.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top