BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got caught 99/55 once and didn’t even get a ticket

I would get to work every morning around 4-4:30, as I would get there 30 minutes early and take a nap without being late. We would usually start around 4:30-5 depending on what the work day looked like. My boss got there early for one day the whole 4 years I worked there, and it just so happened to be this day luckily.

So I live in a small west Texas town, and I leave my house like normal that morning. I drive 60 through town and didn’t see a single soul as usual. Speed limit was 45 through there. I roll through a stop sign without a complete stop, then punch it as my usual routine. By the time I’m leaving town I’m governed out at 99, and still have a 3 mile drive to the shop. As I’m pulling up to work I notice red and blues about to turn into our entrance. He pulls up next to me and proceeds to lecture me about my speed. I look towards the shop just in time to see my boss opening up the shop by himself since he’s early. I look over to the cops who’s calmed down by the point, and ask him “can you hurry up and write the ticket. We’ve got a big job going today, and I’m late for work?” The cop says he’s feeling nice this morning and he’s just going to give me a verbal warning since there wasn’t another vehicle on the road at all that morning. I breathe a sigh of relief and head into work.

20 minutes later another work buddy pulls up and thanks me. Says he just got pulled over right before the office, and he was clocked at 95/55. The officer told him he was only letting him off because he let me off. 5 minutes later another buddy pulled over for 90+ in the same spot. This time the officer told him he better fucking call everyone of us and tell us to slow down, as he wasn’t giving us anymore Fucking warnings
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got caught doing 105/55 once and spent 16 leave days in jail.

He should pepper his angus.
I got caught 99/55 once and didn’t even get a ticket

I would get to work every morning around 4-4:30, as I would get there 30 minutes early and take a nap without being late. We would usually start around 4:30-5 depending on what the work day looked like. My boss got there early for one day the whole 4 years I worked there, and it just so happened to be this day luckily.

So I live in a small west Texas town, and I leave my house like normal that morning. I drive 60 through town and didn’t see a single soul as usual. Speed limit was 45 through there. I roll through a stop sign without a complete stop, then punch it as my usual routine. By the time I’m leaving town I’m governed out at 99, and still have a 3 mile drive to the shop. As I’m pulling up to work I notice red and blues about to turn into our entrance. He pulls up next to me and proceeds to lecture me about my speed. I look towards the shop just in time to see my boss opening up the shop by himself since he’s early. I look over to the cops who’s calmed down by the point, and ask him “can you hurry up and write the ticket. We’ve got a big job going today, and I’m late for work?” The cop says he’s feeling nice this morning and he’s just going to give me a verbal warning since there wasn’t another vehicle on the road at all that morning. I breathe a sigh of relief and head into work.

20 minutes later another work buddy pulls up and thanks me. Says he just got pulled over right before the office, and he was clocked at 95/55. The officer told him he was only letting him off because he let me off. 5 minutes later another buddy pulled over for 90+ in the same spot. This time the officer told him he better fucking call everyone of us and tell us to slow down, as he wasn’t giving us anymore Fucking warnings
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
My worst is 94 in a 75 in Utah. The cop was heading the other way on the interstate when we passed each other and he caught up about 20 minutes later. Was doing about 110 when we passed and probably 100 when he turned on the lights. He had to be flying to ever catch up to me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Meh,

Write him up for 125, take his license,  all that jive.
View Quote
He can't drive 55!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:16:58 AM EDT
[#4]
158mph at 1:30 am? Jesus Christ what a fucking joke. Give him a ticket and tell him not to be a dumbass. I'm so sick of this bullshit jail for crimes that don't fucking harm anyone else. Kill someone in your car going 158? Death penalty. Drive really fast and hurt no one? Not an issue.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Sentence him to driving a Prius for a year. He'll probably catch the homo from it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:32:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m also a little shocked how severe the penalties for speeding can be in some states.

In PA, 31mph or more over the speed limit is a 15 day suspension, a fine, and some points. You could be going 200mph and still won’t spend a day in jail.

Even reckless driving is a summary offense with some points and a fine.

And you don’t get pulled out of your car and placed in handcuffs. You just get handed the citations and are sent on your way.

Meanwhile in other states going that fast is a misdemeanor with mandatory jail time
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’m also a little shocked how severe the penalties for speeding can be in some states.

In PA, 31mph or more over the speed limit is a 15 day suspension, a fine, and some points. You could be going 200mph and still won’t spend a day in jail.

Even reckless driving is a summary offense with some points and a fine.

And you don’t get pulled out of your car and placed in handcuffs. You just get handed the citations and are sent on your way.

Meanwhile in other states going that fast is a misdemeanor with mandatory jail time
View Quote
Looking at you, Virginia.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#8]
113 in a 55 here.

Just a ticket, you can be nice and admit guilt and they take it easy on you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The seriousness?  The dude didn't run from police and he didn't deny what he had done.  Give him a big ass fine and move on.
View Quote
Yeah I know. He also did it at 1:30 in the am. I would have just give him a ticket and said don’t do it again.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I routinely drive that fast in my Porsche on the autobahn.  A straight, empty American freeway is usually a safer environment.

Jail time?  lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#13]
If he brings his Chicago attorney with him after pissing off the court by missing his initial hearing its going to look like a scene from my cousin Vinny. Him claiming a hardship with his union job and pay scale probably elevated the judge's anger seeing as how he makes more than the municipal judge does and he's driving a $70k + car to boot. If he keeps his Chicago attitude up his future weekend in the county jail will fly by after his trial.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Dude was making 2.63 miles/minute, and your telling me he knew proof positive that there was no one ahead of him that he was not going to zip right up on someones tailpipe.  Then there was the Officer who had to catch up to him.  Pure stupidity, needs to have his hand held to the stove to learn.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bullshit.  Neither of those things matter; unless if he ran, he hurt people destroyed property.
That asshole could've killed or wiped out a half-dozen vehicles and killed a dozen people...for no reason at all.

Do the math.  3,000lbs moving at 150mph and hitting a handful of cars at speed on the highway.   Yeah.
Guts, arms, legs, and shit hanging from the bushes and spread over 150 yards of highway.  I'm betting you've never
seen a highway wreck before.  I saw one happen right in front of me with a car hitting a shitty minivan.  Couldn't have been going
more than 60 mph or so.  It looked like a fucking bomb went off in the road with body parts and more blood than
you can easily imagine stretching down the highway.

A fine, my ass.  Put that asshole UNDER the jail.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The seriousness?  The dude didn't run from police and he didn't deny what he had done.  Give him a big ass fine and move on.
Bullshit.  Neither of those things matter; unless if he ran, he hurt people destroyed property.
That asshole could've killed or wiped out a half-dozen vehicles and killed a dozen people...for no reason at all.

Do the math.  3,000lbs moving at 150mph and hitting a handful of cars at speed on the highway.   Yeah.
Guts, arms, legs, and shit hanging from the bushes and spread over 150 yards of highway.  I'm betting you've never
seen a highway wreck before.  I saw one happen right in front of me with a car hitting a shitty minivan.  Couldn't have been going
more than 60 mph or so.  It looked like a fucking bomb went off in the road with body parts and more blood than

So now we are executing speeders?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, I didn't get caught doing 180 in a 60 zone in errr...the northeast US somewhere. While it was stupid, and this guy was almost as stupid, I go along with the idea of a fine. I doubt a jail sentence will make the world a better place.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So, now we're jailing people for what they COULD HAVE done?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, now we're jailing people for what they COULD HAVE done?  
Actually no.  His plan is that we should execute them on sight.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn, I never got my Jag past  130. I ran out of road.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Glad I never got caught.  I may have spent a couple of minutes at 125MPH in a sport's car in place it was ill-advised.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Dude was making 2.63 miles/minute, and your telling me he knew proof positive that there was no one ahead of him that he was not going to zip right up on someones tailpipe. Then there was the Officer who had to catch up to him. Pure stupidity, needs to have his hand held to the stove to learn.
View Quote
2.63 miles per minute?  How many giggawatts towards warp speed is that?

Welcome to the new world where big brakes exist and human eyesight allows us to see further distances than it takes us to stop :)
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
The officer probably clocked him at a standstill. He would’ve had to pull himself over and wait lol.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Prius drivers get highly pissed when you cite them for speeding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sentence him to driving a Prius for a year. He'll probably catch the homo from it.
Prius drivers seem to be very binary.

On one hand, you have the hypermiling fucks who are a road hazard.

And.

The others who are tickled to death they're getting 40 mpg at 95.

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:06:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dude was making 2.63 miles/minute, and your telling me he knew proof positive that there was no one ahead of him that he was not going to zip right up on someones tailpipe.  Then there was the Officer who had to catch up to him.  Pure stupidity, needs to have his hand held to the stove to learn.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
He missed a previous court date, the court says "fuck him" now.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#25]
My z06 does 160 in a few seconds. That is nothing these days, bunch of old farts and miata drivers in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
Yeah, he's in contempt of judge at this point.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My z06 does 160 in a few seconds. That is nothing these days, bunch of old farts and miata drivers in this thread.
View Quote
Indeed.

I've had a first gen SRT Charger up MUCH faster than this guy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Going that fast is surreal. I hit the speed limiter on my STi (147ish).

I only did it once and of course it was on a race track track and not a public road.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Been 130ish in several Mustangs I've owned.  Been 150ish in a my TA countless times. 160-180 on several sportbikes I've owned.  190+ as a passenger in a 900hp Supra.  What all these top end runs have in common is they were all performed on empty highways late at night .  No traffic, clear view for miles, no bends, no entrances or exits.  People interested in cars and performance will run their vehicles on public roadways and there is no stopping them. It's no different than Jay Leno on Leno's garage (real hardened criminal right there).  Imagine what he does on public roadways off camera.  Even with the threat of jail and fines there is no stopping a performance affectioniato as it's in their blood.   Everytime I pull a performance vehicle out of my garage I am testing it's acceleration and looking for unsuspecting victims at the next traffic light or the local street races (late at night of course on empty roads).  It's an adrenaline fueled chest beating experience available at the drop of a dime and all I have to do is walk 30 feet feet to the garage, check tire pressures, and hop in a car.  If I get caught I'll pay the fine and do the time then I'll go right back to it.  Hasn't happened yet in 25 years though (knock on wood of course).

Some of you folks need to realize that performance vehicles sell for a reason.  Gearheads are modifying cars for a reason....  There is a demand just as there was a demand 100 years ago and this demand isn't centered around some rich guy solely going to a race track or drag strip.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are they hiring where you work? I've always wanted to do pre-crime enforcement with a hall-monitoring agency. Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#31]
I think you should be able to buy anything you want.

I just don't see the payoff to buying a car that will go 125, at least in urban areas.

1.  There are few if any safe places to do it, i.e. areas with zero traffic.
2.  They frequently have suspension that is a bit too sporty.  Read  that as punishing.
3.  They are expensive as fuck.

I am a big believer in sporty vehicles that are comfy, have great infotainment systems, and ride smoothly.

But you shouldn't be barred from buying a Hellcat if you can afford it.  However, if you shoot randomly into the air or speed on occupied roads, you need to pay a price.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If he's a union electrician, wouldn't he just not get paid for being in jail. Get out and be back on the job or at worst get laid off, collect unemployment and go back to the Hall for new work when he gets out?
View Quote
Probably a criminal conviction.
He may not be able to work on many job sites.
He may have an employer that does jobs for the federal or state government.
They may have restrictions on employees with criminal convictions.

I once did work for a Canadian Government agency which shall remain nameless due to confidentiality agreements but they did a criminal background check on everyone and one of my colleagues didn’t pass for a reckless driving charge which our employer wasn’t aware of.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think you should be able to buy anything you want.

I just don't see the payoff to buying a car that will go 125, at least in urban areas.

1.  There are few if any safe places to do it, i.e. areas with zero traffic.
2.  They frequently have suspension that is a bit too sporty.  Read  that as punishing.
3.  They are expensive as fuck.

I am a big believer in sporty vehicles that are comfy, have great infotainment systems, and ride smoothly.

But you shouldn't be barred from buying a Hellcat if you can afford it.  However, if you shoot randomly into the air or speed on occupied roads, you need to pay a price.
View Quote
1.  Late night, empty stretches of roadway.

2.  People dont buy performance vehicles to drive daily (usually)

3. I can go buy a sport bike that goes 180mph for 6k.  Money has nothing to do with it.

The payoff is that some people are generally interested in performance vehicles and would like to feel said performance on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got caught doing 105/55 once and spent 16 leave days in jail.

He should pepper his angus.
View Quote
One of my mechanics was popped at 125/55, got to spend 4 weekends including Superbowl weekend in jail.  6 month suspended license and hefty fine.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
As the owner of a Hellcat, all I have to say is that the driver is a lightweight.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I did a round trip from Montreal to Nashville last week in my supercharged 2005 Mustang GT.
I drove the whole trip between 80-90 mph for the most part. I got a ticket in Kentucky doing 91 in a 70.
$60.00 for speeding and $134.00 for court costs.
He told me that if I never planned to come back to Kentucky I could just not pay it and put it up on my wall.
I told him it doesn’t even make the top 5.
Highest speed attained during the trip was over 130 on a deserted stretch of highway at night.

I’ve been caught doing 124/55 in 1988 the cop dropped it to 84. He also caught the 4 other bikes that were traveling in a pack ahead of me. He dropped it to 84mph.
When I went to see the judge he dropped it to 65. It cost me $60 and no points.

The fastest I’ve ever gotten the Mustang was 165mph racing a twin turbo Ford GT.

The fastest I’ve ever been on the street (not driving) was 190mph in a Ruf 993 CTR narrow body.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I did a round trip from Montreal to Nashville last week in my supercharged 2005 Mustang GT.
I drove the whole trip between 80-90 mph for the most part. I got a ticket in Kentucky doing 91 in a 70.
He told me that if I never planned to come back to Kentucky I could just not pay it and put it up on my wall.
I told him it doesn’t even make the top 5.
Highest speed attained during the trip was over 130 on a deserted stretch of highway at night.

I’ve been caught doing 124/55 in 1988 the cop dropped it to 84. He also caught the 4 other bikes that were traveling in a pack ahead of me. He dropped it to 84mph.

The fastest I’ve ever gotten the Mustang was 165mph racing a twin turbo Ford GT.

The fastest I’ve ever been on the street (not driving) was 190mph in a Ruf 993 CTR narrow body.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
That must have been crazy!
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wipe the spittle off your monitor and calm down, Officer Cartman.

Obviously the judge is going to teach him to respect their authority.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I broke 190 in my 911 Turbo a few years back.  I had no plans on stopping if 5-0 even thought of trying to catch me
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Reckless disregard for others to satisfy his own feelz. Enjoy jail and hopefully they seize his car.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Reckless disregard for others to satisfy his own feelz. Enjoy jail and hopefully they seize his car.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More so when you’re not driving.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Fucker beat my top speed in my Neon by 3mph.    And outspent me by $50,000.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I broke 190 in my 911 Turbo a few years back.  I had no plans on stopping if 5-0 even thought of trying to catch me
View Quote
The problem is that if you’re in the general area of your home there will be at least someone who has an idea of who it may be. Especially if your car stands apart from every other 911 Turbo. There may be a traffic camera somewhere that will spot the car and identify you.
The days of outrunning Motorola are quickly coming to an end.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The problem is that if you’re in the general area of your home there will be at least someone who has an idea of who it may be. Especially if your car stands apart from every other 911 Turbo. There may be a traffic camera somewhere that will spot the car and identify you.
The days of outrunning Motorola are quickly coming to an end.
View Quote
Wha?  Where I live there's a muscle car on every corner.  No cameras on rural highways around these parts either.  Nothing is coming to an 'end'
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
When I was just out of high school I got pulled over in my 1974 Pinto for doing something like 80. When the Highway Patrolman said that, I started laughing and told him this car won't go that fast downhill with a tailwind. He didn't give me a ticket. I think he just pulled me over to have a look inside my car; he couldn't have been serious.

My best was getting pulled over in Nevada for going 118 mph (according to my speedometer) on a motorcycle. I was out in the middle of no-where and a storm was coming in. I wasn't going anywhere near that fast until I saw the storm and thought I could make it to the next town and go into someplace to get out of the storm. The Highway Patrol was coming towards me, miles away and turned on his lights. I pulled over and waited for about five minutes before he got to where I was pulled over. Neither one of us said a single word. I handed him my registration/license/proof of insurance, he walked back to his car and wrote me a ticket, walked back and handed it to me and left. He wrote the ticket for 80 mph. There, at that time (don't know if this still exists), they had an additional ticket called something like "waste of natural resources" if you were going past a certain number which was around 80. So you got two tickets if you were going faster than that. This guy cut me a break so I didn't get the second ticket.

FWIW: if you live in a place like Nevada, or Wyoming, or Montana or...................in the west, there are plenty of places where you might drive for an hour and not see another car; during the day, let alone at night. And as was mentioned, if I was in or on a vehicle that was worth doing it in, I took full advantage of it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Amateur  hour, we have lots of roads here in S FL where u see 200 MPH runs, usually in West Miami as well as 441, where all the fast and furious type shit started.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is true. That was a dumb move.

I'm still inclined to be lenient.  As in, no misdemeanor, take your $1000 fine and 6 points and if I see you again for the same thing any time soon, it's going to cost a whole lot more.

It's really dumb that reckless driving is tied to a certain speed or a certain  amount over.  150 on an abandoned straight stretch of road is nowhere near as reckless as 90 weaving in and out of heavy traffic.

*This response brought to you by the retarded state of Virginia where 80 mph, just 10 mph over the speed limit, is considered reckless driving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Missing his court date probably didn't help.
This is true. That was a dumb move.

I'm still inclined to be lenient.  As in, no misdemeanor, take your $1000 fine and 6 points and if I see you again for the same thing any time soon, it's going to cost a whole lot more.

It's really dumb that reckless driving is tied to a certain speed or a certain  amount over.  150 on an abandoned straight stretch of road is nowhere near as reckless as 90 weaving in and out of heavy traffic.

*This response brought to you by the retarded state of Virginia where 80 mph, just 10 mph over the speed limit, is considered reckless driving.
Completely agree with the above. I don’t believe in ruining somebody’s life as long as they didn’t cause anybody else any harm.

Ridiculously strict speed laws will make you second guess pulling over when you already know you’re going to lose your license versus maybe keeping it if you run.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I told him it doesn't even make the top 5.

I've been caught doing 124/55 in 1988 the cop dropped it to 84. He also caught the 4 other bikes that were traveling in a pack ahead of me. He dropped it to 84mph.

The fastest I've ever gotten the Mustang was 165mph racing a twin turbo Ford GT.

The fastest I've ever been on the street (not driving) was 190mph in a Ruf 993 CTR narrow body.
View Quote
My pants moved at Ruf 993...

I may, or may not have approached that velocity in my 997.1TT with 68mm turbos.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top