Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:25:35 AM EDT
[#1]
My sellers removed light switch covers and dug up a concrete secured clothesline as well as removing the brass kick plate from the front door.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I cannot believe it took this long into this thread for a reference to this to pop up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHANLC9JtWI
View Quote
It didnt, you just missed it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
It really tied the lawn together.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like you are too emotionally invested in the house.  Just walk away.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those sons of bitches
View Quote
Yup, time to pop PMags.  This will not stand.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#6]
An hour before closing our first house the buyers demanded we removed three large built in shelves from the garage or they walked. Never came up in the 5 times they walked through prior. They ultimately were trying to get an extra couple hundred dollars from us. I'm pretty sure those damn shelves are still in that garage being used.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]
When I got married I rented a two bedroom bungalow for a couple years, with owner permission I erected a nice 10x8 garden shed .

When I moved out, into my purchased home, I offered to leave him the shed for half off the last months rent.

He turned me down, gambling that I wouldn’t move the shed.

He lost.

Turns out I had the frame of my hunting camper that had been flipped and stripped by a tornado, some buddies, and a couple hi/lift jacks ....
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Should have been taken care of in a pre purchase walk through.

I have seen the light switch covers removed  along with dining room lights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a house in a gated community last fall.

They took the fucking thermostat.

Kinda did.  They replaced the smart thermostat with a used $19 one that left an unpainted area revealed.

My 11 year old was like "Wasn't there a cool blue light on that thing before?"  Turns out the little shit took a picture of the "cool" one when we were there before.

Confronted sellers.  They accused us of lying, stealing, etc...you name it.  So we started taking a closer look at everything that was 'different.'  Provided pics, gave them the number to make it right, etc.

Sellers went dark, their broker went silent.  It wasn't a ton of money, but these shitheads needed some 7M3 in their lives so I made them my hobby for a bit.  After the mediation failed, a case number and well laid out demands that brought them back in.

I ended up fucking them for just over $4k all because of that stupid thermostat.  Right at Christmas.  Gotcha fuckers.

This was just one facet of it.  This was house number 17 and by far the worst transaction I have ever endured.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Took the screens for the front and back doors. Left the glass, just took the screens.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Think of the other crap they may have f’d up in the house.
View Quote
This.

"You're such fuckers that I don't want to be involved with anything you've touched now; even if you put the shed back. Bye."
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.

"You're such fuckers that I don't want to be involved with anything you've touched now; even if you put the shed back. Bye."
View Quote
This is the correct answer.

You can walk or you can demand a reduction or reimbursement for the shed. You will not win anything in court. You might get whatever the court determines to be the value of the shed but it will cost you legal fees to do that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It probably got repod
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#16]
This stuff makes me feel so lucky when I  bought my second house it was from my parents as they down sized love this house and the sellers were great to me.  They let me move in and sell my first house empty so I didn't have to deal with most of this.  In fact it was set to go on the market Friday at noon.  I was still cleaning up the last few things at 9am and had a relater do a walk thru with clients.  Had a full price offer with me covering closing at 8AM Saturday and they signed my counter of me raising the price by half closing and still paying closing. before 10AM.  The next week they waved all inspections if I could move up closing.  We closed as fast as they could get the appraisal and loan set.  I got very lucky.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It is a shed which is no longer in the yard, definitely not OPSEC.
View Quote

I now have coffee on my steering wheel
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a shed which is no longer in the yard, definitely not OPSEC.

That was pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can walk or you can demand a reduction or reimbursement for the shed. You will not win anything in court. You might get whatever the court determines to be the value of the shed but it will cost you legal fees to do that.
View Quote
Small claims court costs next to nothing to file in and OP states he plans to ask for his hourly rate in time, which is going to amount to a couple of mornings at most.

Collecting can be a problem, but perhaps not so hard in this case.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#20]
The local government inspector may have made them take the shed down if they didn't get a permit to install it ab initio.  Long ago my then next door neighbor had surreptitiously put a shed on a slab behind his garage.  All was well till he went to sell the place.  It was get a permit and pay a fine, or get rid of the shed.  As he was leaving, he no longer cared about the shed so away it went.

I believe that the seller should adjust the selling price downward to reflect that the shed is no longer included with the property.

Be well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

We sold a house that had we just purchased a roll around dishwasher but told the realtor we were taking it when we left. When the house sold we of course packed it up. A few days before closing we get a call from the realtor that the perspective buyers were going to back out because the dishwasher was gone. I argued and pointed my finger at the realtor but in the end I wrapped to with cardboard and took it to the greyhound station to ship since we moved 11 hours away. I didn't GAF and the house had sat on the market for 8 months and I wanted it gone.
View Quote
Yeah, that's really not sufficient at all.  It should be defined in the purchase agreement if you are taking an appliance with you.

You could argue the realtor screwed up by not advising you of that but that's not the buyers fault or problem.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The previous owner of my house left me a ladder, seed spreader, shovels, rakes, edger, and a sprayer. All of which was like brand new.

I was super happy. I guess I got lucky.
View Quote
I'm getting a 42" commercial walk behind with the house I'm buying right now.  They moved to California and lawns are illegal there I heard.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#23]
If they are in a hurry to sell a lis pendens suit will fuck them over a lot harder than a small claims suit will, but it will cost you more in legal fees.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Add another vote for this. If you noticed one thing they did, there are at least a dozen more you haven't caught yet.

They have revealed their character to you. You know they will screw you if they can. And the fact is, there are unlimited opportunities for them to have done so, since they are still in possesssion of the house.

Run, don't walk.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Small claims court costs next to nothing to file in and OP states he plans to ask for his hourly rate in time, which is going to amount to a couple of mornings at most.

Collecting can be a problem, but perhaps not so hard in this case.
View Quote
Ok, maybe a reclamation of $2k less filing fees and additional time. Like I said, nothing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Kinda did.  They replaced the smart thermostat with a used $19 one that left an unpainted area revealed.

My 11 year old was like "Wasn't there a cool blue light on that thing before?"  Turns out the little shit took a picture of the "cool" one when we were there before.

Confronted sellers.  They accused us of lying, stealing, etc...you name it.  So we started taking a closer look at everything that was 'different.'  Provided pics, gave them the number to make it right, etc.

Sellers went dark, their broker went silent.  It wasn't a ton of money, but these shitheads needed some 7M3 in their lives so I made them my hobby for a bit.  After the mediation failed, a case number and well laid out demands that brought them back in.

I ended up fucking them for just over $4k all because of that stupid thermostat.  Right at Christmas.  Gotcha fuckers.

This was just one facet of it.  This was house number 17 and by far the worst transaction I have ever endured.
View Quote
Was going to ask if they put a cheap one in its place.  Stupid should hurt.  I don't understand people's logic.  This transaction is going to be one of the biggest ones in your life don't mess it up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#29]
My sellers tried to take all the curtain rods until my agent made them aware that they were part of the house as stipulated in the contract.

They still took all the ceiling fan pulls and had clearly quit maintaining things while it was on the market. One of the toilets had the water off (leaking valve), several light bulbs out, interior door knob broken, didn't finish painting some repairs they made... crap like that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Serious question, how much does it cost to move a shed? Also, who the fuck moves a shed?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Get an estimate for a similar shed. Double it. Tell them to knock said amount off or you walk.
View Quote
yep... do this and no posts needed until you have their response
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
We bought an upscale house in a very upscale neighborhood, but when we did the final walk-through, we noticed the seller had removed fixtures and numerous other items that were listed in the contract as conveying. Hell, they ripped towel bars off a bathroom wall leaving fist-sized holes in the drywall.

It was a weird situation because the couple was divorcing and by all accounts they were both raging assholes so both real estate agents requested we do closing separately, which was a new one on me. Thus, they had already been there and signed the papers and we had no way to negotiate the damage other than doing what we did, which was to walk in to closing and say the deal was off since the sellers violated the terms of the contract.

That started a shitstorm, but all was eventually made right.

You've got to be willing to walk away.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Maybe you're not looking at the big picture and this situation. Take $3,000 out of your commission and give it to the buyers. Let them go pick out whatever hell shed they want. The sale ends up going through, you get paid, everyone is happy, and you don't have attorney fees or a long drawn-out court case.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That sick bitch took the ice cube trays!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a house in a gated community last fall.

They took the fucking thermostat.
That sick bitch took the ice cube trays!
First thing I thought of.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#35]
When we bought our first house, it was a model. They had used the garage as an office.

Our contract specifically stated that ALL light fixtures were to stay throughout the house and garage. The idiot that was their construction manager had all the lights removed. I went over there and had my contract with me and showed him the clause. He started screaming at me, he sounded just like Peter Lorre, which made me laugh. Of course, it made him madder. Especially when his bosses told him to reinstall the lights.

We found a crack in the spa in the backyard and he had to replace that too. That guy seriously hated me. Which was odd because it's not like it was his house or he had to pay anything out of his own pocket.

All was right with our little world when we moved in.

The lesson he learned; read, understand and abide by your contractual obligations.

eta spelling...
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
She shed?
View Quote
I like the term "bitch barn" better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll forget their motorcycles in the garage.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#38]
What kind of $3k shed can be moved that easily and quickly? I only spent $750 building mine and it would take 8 people to move and put on a trailer Egyptian style. I guess you are adding some BMW priced labor to glorify your situation.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Intresting, it isn't Closed until your lender Funds it. Also many lawsuits are filed as much as 2 years down stream. No Realtor wants this kind of BS lurking. A claim against their Error & Omissions insurance is not a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What kind of $3k shed can be moved that easily and quickly? I only spent $750 building mine and it would take 8 people to move and put on a trailer Egyptian style. I guess you are adding some BMW priced labor to glorify your situation.
View Quote
Now add in your time as a cost and now what did it cost you.  My strait time is 26.42 per hour and I can work just about all the OT I want so if I spent 8 hours on saterday building it when I could have been working OT.  How much did the it cost now assuming you could go to the store for wood and build it all in 8 hours.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pre built sheds have 4x4 skids underneath, they're delivered on trailers designed to move them, including a rotate point, motorized roller deck, winch, etc, and placed on a gravel pad, not a foundation.  Call someone with one of those trailers and the shed is gone in an hour with only the gravel pad remaining. You can finance the shed, but must pay cash for the pad's construction.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not worth most people's time to build their own shed. Either it was a pre-built shed or someone was paid a lot of money to build it. It was large, wood, and had a tin roof. The value is based off what my realtor told me. And yes, after looking into replacement sheds they're made to be easily movable. Even the bigger ones.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
At least you found out before closing.

It snowed a little on my last walkthrough so I couldn't see the ground outside. A few days after closing I go to the side yard after the snow melted and noticed they had taken all the fake grass! Turns out it was basically just a 15x20 rug that they could roll up easily.
View Quote
It really tied the yard together.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Maybe you're not looking at the big picture and this situation. Take $3,000 out of your commission and give it to the buyers. Let them go pick out whatever hell shed they want. The sale ends up going through, you get paid, everyone is happy, and you don't have attorney fees or a long drawn-out court case.
View Quote

dfuck?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#45]
The shed really tied the room together.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok there's a joke here I'm obviously not privy to...what's with all the shed jokes ?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, at least you have the other shed.
View Quote
Did he write a symphony in the shed?
View Quote
Quoted:
View Quote
I love shed threads.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Makes me feel good about buying a bank owned foreclosure right now. Its slow and tedious but lacks drama and I'm getting a good deal in a hot market.
View Quote
I just closed on mine last month.. took 10 months but I got it... Morons bought it, got 40k cash extra over the  house cost from the bank stayed for a year and ran... left the house with no propane and the pipes froze... haha! Ended up with a 5000 sq ft house with 9 acres for 325... very easy fixes with very little damage...
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Will there be blood shed

Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I would walk or have everything settled before closing.

Getting a court settlement means jack shit. Collecting is next to impossible with shitballs who don't have anything to lose and are used to collection calls.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top