BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I used a rocket to send one across a river. He ended up in the drink floating down stream and I couldn't catch him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got my second sage. The game is about exploring.

Oh, and launching koroks.

So so satisfying launching those guys. “Ohh!”  “Hold my hand !”

Nope.  Hold on buddy.

Quoted:

I can’t remember exactly where, near Eldin, but I launched a Korok with a pair of rockets and he dropped in range of his friend. Like making a hole-in-one.

Quoted:

“Ohh”

Wazaa!  “I need to reach my friend!”  Ooh. Wazaa!  “Hold my hand!”

Hold on little weeble wobble. There is no hand holding. Just air time. You’ll be ok

Quiet now. It will be over quickly. Wazaa!

I used a rocket to send one across a river. He ended up in the drink floating down stream and I couldn't catch him.

Ooh!  I need to reach my friend!  Sorry buddy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got my second sage. The game is about exploring.

Oh, and launching koroks.

So so satisfying launching those guys. “Ohh!”  “Hold my hand !”

Nope.  Hold on buddy.

Quoted:

I can’t remember exactly where, near Eldin, but I launched a Korok with a pair of rockets and he dropped in range of his friend. Like making a hole-in-one.

Quoted:

“Ohh”

Wazaa!  “I need to reach my friend!”  Ooh. Wazaa!  “Hold my hand!”

Hold on little weeble wobble. There is no hand holding. Just air time. You’ll be ok

Quiet now. It will be over quickly. Wazaa!

I think everything resets with a blood moon. Koroks you may have lost should spawn back where they were.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm at the stage in the game where I have all the dragon tears/geoglyphs, 4 out of 5 of the sage's air, fire, water, lightning, and almost finished the robot one but I need to go make way more food and build up more hearts. Which also means more $$$ so grinding gems/caves/depths etc....

So now I need to go grind all the shrines, koroks, stables etc to upgrade armor/find more specialized amrmor etc.

I got bored with the grind and bought the house and built a few rooms but will need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more $ to finish it. lol
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it me or are the temple puzzles and bosses nowhere near as difficult as Botw?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it me or are the temple puzzles and bosses nowhere near as difficult as Botw?
View Quote

I had to Google a lot of shrines in BoTW and I haven’t any of the ToTK.

I read last night when choosing horses, a solid color horse has a chance for 5 stars in any/multiple categories.  A dapple horse only has a chance for 3 stars in any/multiple categories.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 12:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I only used a guide in the fire temple. I was totally lost there with all the mine carts. Wind Temple took some time as it was my first, but I did it without a guide. Water temple was a breeze. Haven't tried lightning yet.

I also used guides in the beginning for shrines but once I got the mechanics down I haven't needed a guide in like 20+ shrines.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#7]
New dupe glitch out for those who updated. It's pretty quick like the old Y&B glitch but requires it to be done in a specific spot.

Works on 1.1.2! How to Dupe ANY Material (Multishot Bow Glitch) in Tears of the Kingdom

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
How the fuck do people find these glitches?
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How the fuck do people find these glitches?
View Quote

The same way we found the cheat codes for pre-internet Doom. We started just typing random buttons on the keyboard until weird shit happened.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:14:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Slowly making my way through side quests and ignoring the last temple I have left (Lightning).

I think I'm gonna try to get the evil spirit armor and stack bone attack stuff. Apparently you can do thousands of damage with a single strike. The Molduga Hammer that's about to break with a sneakstrike does almost 7K damage on one hit lol.

6999 DAMAGE - How to Stack Damage Multipliers in Tears of the Kingdom

Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Slowly making my way through side quests and ignoring the last temple I have left (Lightning).

I think I'm gonna try to get the evil spirit armor and stack bone attack stuff. Apparently you can do thousands of damage with a single strike. The Molduga Hammer that's about to break with a sneakstrike does almost 7K damage on one hit lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI1SqGw9mL0
View Quote

I’m still way to weak to fight a lynel. Run away!  Run away!
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI1SqGw9mL0

I have three star soldier armor and destroy red and blue lynels. Every attack from red lynels costs 1/4 heart.

White lynels whup my ass though. Haven’t come across any silver yet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm still way to weak to fight a lynel. Run away!  Run away!
View Quote
They're easy once you know their moves. Plus you gotta get your parry timing down. Just save in front of a red Lynel and start practicing until you can kill it clean repeatedly.

All you need to do is parry its attack, stun with a headshot arrow, mount, and hit it until thrown off, then repeat until dead. Sometimes they'll throw fireballs but they're predictable and simple to dodge.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally got to play this. Bought a switch and the game weeks ago. Made it to where I got the paraglider and saved the game.

My game is not patched yet
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Last night before bed, I was messing around in the Necluda rainforest. I couldn’t climb anything thanks to constant rain.

A piece of debris fell nearby so I hopped on and reversed time. Ended up on the main sky island of Thunderhead Isles right at the shrine. Kicked off the Mineru quest line purely by chance. Got sucked into that one, it’s very cool how it ties together lots of elements of the depths.

Now I have a battle construct sidekick.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I’ve been holding off on playinguntil the Strategy Guide comes out. Just got an email from Amazon saying the guide has been delayed until July 10th.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I really miss the "bombs" you could get from a shrine in BOTW.

the little blue square or ball you could throw and remote det.

I'm still very early on in the game, barely getting outside of hyrule field. but anytime I see a group of like 3-4 boko's I have to avoid them because if I take on more than a couple at once I get smoked unless I paused and eat a couple times during combat.
my best weapons are like a 14 bow and a 30 sword that I fused some stuff on.

My strategy from BOTW was stealth mode, get up high out of aggro range, throw a bomb ball and let it roll down to the boko's and blow them up. Then go loot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm still very early on in the game, barely getting outside of hyrule field. but anytime I see a group of like 3-4 boko's I have to avoid them because if I take on more than a couple at once I get smoked unless I paused and eat a couple times during combat.

My strategy from BOTW was stealth mode, get up high out of aggro range, throw a bomb ball and let it roll down to the boko's and blow them up. Then go loot.
View Quote

A shield is very useful. So is parrying, dodging and getting slomo (a dodge right before getting hit).

I prefer one handed weapons and a shield. You quicker.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Totk is my son's game, so I only play it when:

A - He's not playing it.
2 - I've got spare time.

Those two factors coming together at once is rare so I'm not much farther along than you are.  I've spent my time raiding Hyrule castle for OP gear, farming shrines for hearts/stamina, and building up stores with his amiibos.  If you can find some decent weapons/armor/shields early on it makes a big difference in dealing with enemies in Hyrule field.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A shield is very useful. So is parrying, dodging and getting slomo (a dodge right before getting hit).

I prefer one handed weapons and a shield. You quicker.
View Quote

Yea I have a pretty decent shield (14 I think) and my fused sword is a one hander. I usually start out combat with a bomb arrow or some other fused arrow to get initial damage in.

I just need more combat practice. I tried to do the shrine again where it teaches you the dodging and parrying? but once you complete it you cant do it again.

My sheild and backflip/side to side dodges are working pretty well for the most part and I try to position myself during combat so enemies are in a line and I dont have multiple attack angles

but I cant get the parrying. It probably took me 3-4 minutes in that shrine on that single move alone. I either have the timing completely off or im not understanding it right.

During the shrine I got the backflip part down pretty good and even did a couple flurry attacks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:00:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Totk is my son's game, so I only play it when:

A - He's not playing it.
2 - I've got spare time.

Those two factors coming together at once is rare so I'm not much farther along than you are.  I've spent my time raiding Hyrule castle for OP gear, farming shrines for hearts/stamina, and building up stores with his amiibos.  If you can find some decent weapons/armor/shields early on it makes a big difference in dealing with enemies in Hyrule field.
View Quote

any tips on getting in to the castle early on?

I'm assuming the one you are talking about is the one you have to glide to? I have not seen anywhere high enough to glide, I have pretty limited zonite devices. I think I have one wing, 10 fans, couple fire devices and thats it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

any tips on getting in to the castle early on?

I'm assuming the one you are talking about is the one you have to glide to? I have not seen anywhere high enough to glide, I have pretty limited zonite devices. I think I have one wing, 10 fans, couple fire devices and thats it.
View Quote

Go to skyview tower, have it shoot you up in the air, turn toward hyrule castle (due north), and glide to the front road.  You will probably need to cook some extra stamina before you do it for the first time.

You can get royal guard shields and bows and a decent armor set up there.  You have to be a little sneaky to avoid enemies there, but there aren't many of them so its pretty doable.  

If you want a walk through, here's a decent one.  It will get you the Royal Guard armor set, but you'll also pick up a lot of weapons if you poke around a bit in the process.

Royal Guard Armor Set Location in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (Hyrule's Royal Guard Set)
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I want to upgrade my battery but I can’t find any zonai forges. I went to the one on the starter sky island but he only had 10 purified crystals. What am I doing wrong?

I’ve got 10 hearts and 2 extra stamina but my single battery is holding me back.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Go to skyview tower, have it shoot you up in the air, turn toward hyrule castle (due north), and glide to the front road.  You will probably need to cook some extra stamina before you do it for the first time.

You can get royal guard shields and bows and a decent armor set up there.  You have to be a little sneaky to avoid enemies there, but there aren't many of them so its pretty doable.  

If you want a walk through, here's a decent one.  It will get you the Royal Guard armor set, but you'll also pick up a lot of weapons if you poke around a bit in the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF_l7iCK0A0
View Quote

I completely forgot about the tower launching you up! Nice.

Yea I already have some stamina stuff cooked up (multiple full wheels) and my first additional stamina portion unlocked. Need one more shrine to get another portion.

I also have some stuff cooked up that adds to my stealth if I need to sneak around more.

Last time I logged out I was up at the stable to the upper left of hyrule field trying to find that joker to give my korok seeds to.
I think I have 7 or 8 of them.

ETA: he wasnt in the landing when I was looking for him.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Zora boss was easy.  As was the Rito boss.  Goron boss keeps killing me with the bomb rock traps. I can get past stage 2 where it sticks to the ceiling.

ETA for those who haven't done it yet, fusing a keese eyeball to an arrow makes a homing missile.  For fast moving targets this is a great way to nail them.  Also a keese wing fused to an arrow makes it shoot a lot farther before dropping.  The eyeball works great foe those wizzrobes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#26]
The crazies are trying to ruin a good thing.

https://gizmodo.com/legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-link-trans-1850430832
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I completely forgot about the tower launching you up! Nice.

Yea I already have some stamina stuff cooked up (multiple full wheels) and my first additional stamina portion unlocked. Need one more shrine to get another portion.

I also have some stuff cooked up that adds to my stealth if I need to sneak around more.

Last time I logged out I was up at the stable to the upper left of hyrule field trying to find that joker to give my korok seeds to.
I think I have 7 or 8 of them.

ETA: he wasnt in the landing when I was looking for him.
View Quote

I've gotten into the habit that I'll get all the good weapons from the castle, then come back down to hyrule field and do shrines until I've used them all up, then go back to the castle to restock.  Its worked well so far.

If you want helps, you can google maps to all the korok locations.  I did that for great sky island and ended up getting just shy of 20 korok seeds.  I haven't tried to track down Hestu to trade them in yet, though.

There's a ton of helps online if you want to use them.  My son likes the challenge of finding things on his own so he doesn't want to use them, but I just want to relax and bash some bogoblins so I usually end up googling something each time I play.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I want to upgrade my battery but I can’t find any zonai forges. I went to the one on the starter sky island but he only had 10 purified crystals. What am I doing wrong?

I’ve got 10 hearts and 2 extra stamina but my single battery is holding me back.
View Quote

You need 100 crystalized charges per cell. If you go to the central mine under ground, its below the great plateau, you can trade zonaite for for the charges then go to a zonai forge to get them converted to the battery cells. I usually use the forge by skyview tower because thats the one I always remember the location of first.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You need 100 crystalized charges per cell. If you go to the central mine under ground, its below the great plateau, you can trade zonaite for for the charges then go to a zonai forge to get them converted to the battery cells. I usually use the forge by skyview tower because thats the one I always remember the location of first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  I haven’t spent anytime in the depths. I need to.

Check out the video above about the soldiers giving you pristine weapons. The important part is they only give pristine of what you’ve broken. So always break your weapons.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#30]
What is that giaaaaaant brownish orc looking thing that I saw walking on my first trip to lookout point? It had to have been 10 times taller than Link.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What is that giaaaaaant brownish orc looking thing that I saw walking on my first trip to lookout point? It had to have been 10 times taller than Link.
View Quote

Flux construct?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Flux construct?
View Quote

Not sure. Just started playing and I ran away from it before it saw me. I was leaving the starting area and ran straight to Lookout Point when I saw it was in my path.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Just bought the TOTK OLED edition Switch and TOTK on the 3d and im loving it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Check out the video above about the soldiers giving you pristine weapons. The important part is they only give pristine of what you’ve broken. So always break your weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’ll be flush with Zonite in the depths. So far I’ve found three or four abandoned mines in the depths were one can purchase crystallized charges. 15 large Zonite gets you 100 crystallized charges and 90 regular Zonite nets 30 crystallized charges. Hitting all four or so forges underground gets you 400+ crystallized charges, plus the ones you liberate from Stalnox, Hinox and Frox. And the occasionally chest.

Yes, pristine weapons up your game. They fuse into even better weapons.

I’m hunting for the Vah Medoh helm right now in Hebra.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not sure. Just started playing and I ran away from it before it saw me. I was leaving the starting area and ran straight to Lookout Point when I saw it was in my path.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Flux construct?

Hinox more than likely. They’re tough early on.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep that’s what it was. I just went out looking for it. Shot it with 20 bomb arrows and attempted to hit him while he was on the ground and still got killed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yep that’s what it was. I just went out looking for it. Shot it with 20 bomb arrows and attempted to hit him while he was on the ground and still got killed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pop him in the eye with regular arrow. Wail on him with strongest weapon when down. Repeat.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Depths is kicking my ass. Not that I’m not strong enough, but I can’t find any damn light roots.

I don’t die, I just get so lost no matter how many large light bulbs I shoot. Hours of wandering around with no map and no light.

I just want to upgrade my damn battery.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Depths is kicking my ass. Not that I’m not strong enough, but I can’t find any damn light roots.

I don’t die, I just get so lost no matter how many large light bulbs I shoot. Hours of wandering around with no map and no light.

View Quote

Climb as high as you can and visually survey the depths. You should see light roots in the distance as an orange glow.  Some of them are harder to find, they are shrouded by other roots or hills.

Also, the depths seem to promote exploring by diving into chasms. Some areas can only be accessed from the surface.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Depths is kicking my ass. Not that I'm not strong enough, but I can't find any damn light roots.

I don't die, I just get so lost no matter how many large light bulbs I shoot. Hours of wandering around with no map and no light.

View Quote
Every shrine on the surface is where the lightroots are in the depths.

Switch to the surface map, find a shrine, then switch to the depths map and place a marker where the shrine would be.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#41]
This hoverbike makes getting around in the gloom crazy easy.  Just pick somewhere high up to land and you can just ignore 99% of enemies if you don't want to fight them.  Throw a giant light blossom on the front and it'll illuminate a huge area without throwing off the balance.  Making sure the parts are centered is vital though, otherwise you'll start getting torque in weird directions.  I have it saved for autobuild and it'll take 9 materials if I don't want to drop two fans and a control stick.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#42]
How do you get the autobuild feature?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

The hard way is just exploring.

If you go the hover bike way, it gets way easier.

Once you realize the depths is just an inversion of the surface maps it gets easier. Use shrines you’ve already located to help find the lightroots.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Central mine in the depths. Pretty much straight south from where you drop in. The interactive map I posted should be on page 1 or 2 of the thread. I’m at work, otherwise I’d post photos.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny thing is, it’s one of your first quests. I only just now got it.

Battled my first gleock (sp?). He one shot killed me. Bam!  12 hearts…dead.  10 more tries?  Nope, I’m nope right outta here.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:18:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This hoverbike makes getting around in the gloom crazy easy.  Just pick somewhere high up to land and you can just ignore 99% of enemies if you don't want to fight them.  Throw a giant light blossom on the front and it'll illuminate a huge area without throwing off the balance.  Making sure the parts are centered is vital though, otherwise you'll start getting torque in weird directions.  I have it saved for autobuild and it'll take 9 materials if I don't want to drop two fans and a control stick.

https://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/TOTK_HoverbikeLead_052423-1.jpg
View Quote

I have tried to build this thing a dozen times. It’s uncontrollable. How the hell are you guys able to control this thing?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Battled my first gleock (sp?). He one shot killed me. Bam!  12 hearts…dead.  10 more tries?  Nope, I’m nope right outta here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been trying to get the auto build feature too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I have tried to build this thing a dozen times. It’s uncontrollable. How the hell are you guys able to control this thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.destructoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/TOTK_HoverbikeLead_052423-1.jpg

If you’re having problems with it now, try building it with the fans pointed straight to the ground instead of at 45.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is your armor? If you haven’t, unlock the great faeries and have them increase the level of your armor. If you haven’t updated the game and can still dupe materials easily, upgrades are simple with the exception being sourcing more exotic materials.

Fire Gleeoks are the easiest- that said, I haven’t spent much time taking them on. They’re a huge resource drain and difficult to kill.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Getting the fans and control stick perfectly lined up is a pain. Savings functioning version in auto build is a butt saver. I put the rear fan flat on the ground, then the control stick 45 degrees off the bottom/front lip and dead center. Than the front. But it’ll need yanked apart until everything is centered on one axis.

There are some YouTube videos on it as well.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top