Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's funny how the GD is 100% in support of private property owner's rights until it doesn't go along with their agenda.  You are no better than the left.
View Quote

Did anyone suggest it should be illegal for the business to act in such a manner?  No?

They're 100% free to make as many stupid decisions as they like.

Similarly, customers are 100% free to advertise those same stupid decision and take their business elsewhere.

The free market is a great thing.  You should read up on it.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I didn't name the range because I don't blame them. I believe, they believe they were helping me not get in trouble. I blame Washington!
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The only time I ever happened to actually have my stamp binder with me at a private range I was asked to show them. I showed them, packed up my shit, asked if they also needed to see the registration to my truck, then asked for a refund. Told them I wouldn't be back and I never have.

RC
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only time I ever happened to actually have my stamp binder with me at a private range I was asked to show them. I showed them, packed up my shit, asked if they also needed to see the registration to my truck, then asked for a refund. Told them I wouldn't be back and I never have.

RC
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Please save me and others the time and effort of a failed trip to the range.
Seems silly to not post the name , it helps no one and fails those around you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Could it be because the range has a ton of experience with sig-braced or bladed SBR wanna be's shooting up the range due to lack of weapon control.  Would you be surprised that there is a range that does not allow sig-braced or bladed "pistols" but yet does not check SBR papers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
....."They were very professional and respectful the entire time."

No they weren't.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
New range opened a couple miles away a few months back.

In the city, rifle allowed, this was awesome even if it is a 25 yard range. No other place in the city shoots rifle.

I go with my MPX and can to check it out.

R/O asks to see my paper for my can, I ask why and he says it is the law

Yep, it is now a law to show short, fat mouth breathers NFA paper work.

lol, he was not a dick about it but I was annoyed to say the least and don't plan on going back and have steered my friends away from the place.

Oh, and he never asked about the SBR So, a can that is clearly store bought seemed to be possibly purchased illegally (that they sell as well so even if he doesn't personally handle the sale should have an idea of how they are regulated up the a$$) to him but my SBR that anyone could create with a hacksaw or by purchasing a stock was not a concern

Shameless brag photo:

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
New range opened a couple miles away a few months back.

In the city, rifle allowed, this was awesome even if it is a 25 yard range. No other place in the city shoots rifle.

I go with my MPX and can to check it out.

R/O asks to see my paper for my can, I ask why and he says it is the law

Yep, it is now a law to show short, fat mouth breathers NFA paper work.

lol, he was not a dick about it but I was annoyed to say the least and don't plan on going back and have steered my friends away from the place.

Oh, and he never asked about the SBR So, a can that is clearly store bought seemed to be possibly purchased illegally (that they sell as well so even if he doesn't personally handle the sale should have an idea of how they are regulated up the a$$) to him but my SBR that anyone could create with a hacksaw or by purchasing a stock was not a concern

Shameless brag photo:

<a href="http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/Johnharden810/media/AB40AD6F-AA54-4C98-AA80-78C72D8CA17D.png_zpspocwe134.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q613/Johnharden810/AB40AD6F-AA54-4C98-AA80-78C72D8CA17D.png_zpspocwe134.jpeg</a>

View Quote

Paris Hilton that's hot gif
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Name of the range or negs. Srsly, I don't want to give money to ranges that are anti-freedom.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hence why I have my own 40 acres and can do what I want.  

I never have to use a public range the rest of my life.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's funny how the GD is 100% in support of private property owner's rights until it doesn't go along with their agenda.  You are no better than the left.
View Quote

I have no problem with property owner's rights and believe they should be able to serve/not serve whoever they choose.

HOWEVER, a gun range refusing service because based on an failed understanding of gun laws is, well, dumb
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought stamps, or copies, were required to be with the gun at all times?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a range local to me that will not allow AR pistols with braces etc...  It's private property and their rules, so I don't mind. They did give me a hassle twice on my SBR's. Just b/c I didn't bring my stamps with me.  They are just trying to protect their behinds I guess, in case an agent comes in and see's something illegal going on, they will wondering why the business owner did not report it etc...

I thought stamps, or copies, were required to be with the gun at all times?

Not a requirement, and I never carry it. If I travel, I'll bring my binder with all my stamps in it though.  But for a range trip I leave it at home. It's in your best interests to carry it in case of any issues that may arise, but in reality, it's up to them to PROVE that I'm illegally carrying it. Having it may avoid being held up while they call to check.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At least they didn't ask to put chalk on the brace, then check your shoulder on leaving
View Quote

Please tell me that isn't a thing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:14:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#17]
You are in the right and need to inform them in a nice way, that you were in compliance with the law.

Print out the letters for the brace, and explain to them what you have is a pistol.

Take the time to educate them, that you were doing nothing wrong.

Do you due diligence and bring them update on what is going on.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Or you can brace off of your cheek and never touch the shoulder..........

Quoted:
The atf doesn't care if you shoulder it they care if you built it with the intent to shoiulder it...

Just like a regular pistol in a two handed grip doesn't make it a rifle...

What if I shoulder a out of box stock glock?

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#19]
OP  where are you located?  If you are close enough I am willing to let you use my personal range.  it is not anything special.  but I don't charge a user fee, and I don't demand SBR tax stamp for a pistol.  I of course would not demand your tax stamp because it is non of my business, and you are not required to show me any tax paperwork.

I really wish you would let us know the range.  if nothing else, so some one else does not waste their time going to that range and end up in the same position you did.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#20]
NAME THE RANGE.

Save others the hassle of giving money to morons.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#21]

You should have took their pictures and location and made them famous for being arrogant, ignorant or at least servile little statists wannabes.

Go ahead OP, make them famous, that way they have a chance to encounter a proper education before their arrogance ignorance causes a fellow shooter real problems or at the very least, cause them to waste a day going to a range run by people who are hostile to firearms enthusiasts.

When an authority figure makes the claim that you are violating federal law when you are not that is considered hostile.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I honestly don't think the ATF gives a shit anymore. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/19/breaking-news-sb-tactical-collapsing-brace/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get the utility of that 'blade' unit. Seems like a pistol tube with a foam sleeve has the same utility without risking being found in violation of a SBR law by being 'shoulderable'.

At least the Sig Brace is shaped to fit over one's arm. That thing looks just like stock to me...without being shaped to fit over the arm...and it's adjustable for length of pull. Knowing the ATF's proclivity for making shit up as they go along, (think shoelace), I don't believe I'd want to tempt fate.

YMMV.

I honestly don't think the ATF gives a shit anymore. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/19/breaking-news-sb-tactical-collapsing-brace/
until a bunch of people write letters to get opinions

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get the utility of that 'blade' unit. Seems like a pistol tube with a foam sleeve has the same utility without risking being found in violation of a SBR law by being 'shoulderable'.

At least the Sig Brace is shaped to fit over one's arm. That thing looks just like stock to me...without being shaped to fit over the arm...and it's adjustable for length of pull. Knowing the ATF's proclivity for making shit up as they go along, (think shoelace), I don't believe I'd want to tempt fate.

YMMV.

until people write enough letters to get their attention

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

....."They were very professional and respectful the entire time."

No they weren't.
View Quote
this

out the range

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

We don't support the 2nd being infringed by unconstitutional laws and then being infringed again by ignorant range owners  who misinterpret those laws.
The libertarian utopia in your mind doesn't exist; just an FYI.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Do your part and educate them.  Make a point of it. Call the atf.  Dont back down. Then sue them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Name of the range ? Why complain if you don't call them out?
View Quote

This! We need to make this a firemission
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I doubt they knew what the hell the brace was/is
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Could it be because the range has a ton of experience with sig-braced or bladed SBR wanna be's shooting up the range due to lack of weapon control.  Would you be surprised that there is a range that does not allow sig-braced or bladed "pistols" but yet does not check SBR papers.
View Quote

Making excuses for statist fucks is poor form.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#30]
"They were very professional and respectful the entire time."

If so then they would have known what they were talking about.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The atf doesn't care if you shoulder it they care if you built it with the intent to shoiulder it...

Just like a regular pistol in a two handed grip doesn't make it a rifle...

What if I shoulder a out of box stock glock?

Yes until a sworn officer of the law swears in a court of law that he saw you make contact, I'm sorry, remake your pistol into an illegal SBR NFA weapon by making contact with your shoulder while firing it.

They might even provide still photographs taken from a video file that show just the right angle to make non-contact look like contact to the jury.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Is the range officer a cop? If not then why is he pretending to be law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

They absolutely have the right to make stupid choices. I'd just rather they didn't.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Time to tell everyone else what the name of the range is so that we can

A. Avoid it.

B. Educate them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi all,

Just needed to share my disappointment with the events of today. I recently purchased a Scorpion EVO and KAK Shockwave Blade. I spent an incredible number of hours researching the ATF ruling about arm braces and their use with pistols. Based on that research I was fairly confident that as long as I didn't shoulder the weapon I wasn't in violation of the law. i.e. - it is absolutely acceptable to use a cheek weld with the KAK Blade.

Well today, I took my Scorpion with the Blade on it to a range that recently opened in my area. As soon as I pulled the Scorpion out of my bag a range safety officer approached me and asked if I had the appropriate paperwork for an SBR. I told him I did not and my understanding of the ATF's position was that I didn't need it as long as I didn't shoulder the weapon. He said fine, but he wanted to check with the range master. The range master came over and told me I was in violation of federal law. I repeated my understanding of the ATF ruling but did not argue at all. I immediately put my gun back and my bag and left. I should point out no one was nasty or mean or anything approaching it. They were very professional and respectful the entire time.

I'm just disappointed and confused. I have never committed a crime and the last thing I want to do is have my freedom taken from me. I'm going to go ahead and get the paperwork done so I don't have anything to worry about, but this whole mess created by the Feds is so bad.

G

Time to tell everyone else what the name of the range is so that we can

A. Avoid it.

B. Educate them.

How do you do B when you have done A?

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good.

We're full.

Tennessee is still open.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's it...
NC is off the retirement list

Good.

We're full.

Tennessee is still open.

Nope. Too many Illini moving in. And Constitution Staters. They have been flooding the area lately.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP  where are you located?  If you are close enough I am willing to let you use my personal range.  it is not anything special.  but I don't charge a user fee, and I don't demand SBR tax stamp for a pistol.  I of course would not demand your tax stamp because it is non of my business, and you are not required to show me any tax paperwork.

I really wish you would let us know the range.  if nothing else, so some one else does not waste their time going to that range and end up in the same position you did.
View Quote

I've got a SIG brace on my 9mm pistol build and I'm scared to take it to the public range now.....lol. My other stuff has stamps though, you local to Charlotte,  IM me?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've got a SIG brace on my 9mm pistol build and I'm scared to take it to the public range now.....lol. My other stuff has stamps though, you local to Charlotte,  IM me?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah man, Harnett County.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
GD thought I was trolling about sig brace nazis. Nope.

In before elitist with 87 acres to shoot on. MustBeNiceBro
View Quote

Thanks for reminding me.  I might go out on my patio now and mag dump my braced AK pistola just to admire the fireball and remind me how awesome life is.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Stupid of them for not knowing the law. Stupid of you for just leaving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi all,

Just needed to share my disappointment with the events of today. I recently purchased a Scorpion EVO and KAK Shockwave Blade. I spent an incredible number of hours researching the ATF ruling about arm braces and their use with pistols. Based on that research I was fairly confident that as long as I didn't shoulder the weapon I wasn't in violation of the law. i.e. - it is absolutely acceptable to use a cheek weld with the KAK Blade.

Well today, I took my Scorpion with the Blade on it to a range that recently opened in my area. As soon as I pulled the Scorpion out of my bag a range safety officer approached me and asked if I had the appropriate paperwork for an SBR. I told him I did not and my understanding of the ATF's position was that I didn't need it as long as I didn't shoulder the weapon. He said fine, but he wanted to check with the range master. The range master came over and told me I was in violation of federal law. I repeated my understanding of the ATF ruling but did not argue at all. I immediately put my gun back and my bag and left. I should point out no one was nasty or mean or anything approaching it. They were very professional and respectful the entire time.

I'm just disappointed and confused. I have never committed a crime and the last thing I want to do is have my freedom taken from me. I'm going to go ahead and get the paperwork done so I don't have anything to worry about, but this whole mess created by the Feds is so bad.

G

Stupid of them for not knowing the law. Stupid of you for just leaving.

Yeah, my favorite arguments involve me telling someone how to interpret the murky water of ATF rulings and technical branch letters while standing on their private property.

Those always go well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We don't support the 2nd being infringed by unconstitutional laws and then being infringed again by ignorant range owners  who misinterpret those laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm Pro 2a just like everyone else and own dozens of NFA goodies..... At the same time, you do not have a RIGHT to shoot at a private range.  It's a business and he can deny someone access if necessary. And like ANY other business, if you do not like their service or rules, you do not have to spend your money there.

Is it a hassle that it happened? Absolutely.  Should the owner be educated? Sure (though the whole "brace" is a VERY GRAY area I personally would avoid also).  But does he HAVE to bend over backwards b/c you said "NO, this suspicious looking firearm is indeed a pistol b/c so and so said so. Don't mind the resemblance to a started short barreled AR15".
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
NAME THE RANGE.

View Quote

I don't believe this event actually occurred based on the story, the failure of the op to simply shown the ATF letter he got with the brace, and the failure of him to respond to the overwhelming request for the ranges name. I'm calling BS story.

ETA - part that makes me suspicious is the op says "To my understanding it's ok". Op would have already been sure by then and had the ATF letter. Should have said "Sit down and listen up fudds!!". Then educated them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#42]
for fucks sake man what range was it?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
for fucks sake man what range was it?
View Quote

It's a made up story....for attention or something I guess. People do it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
NAME THE RANGE.

View Quote

This.  Why the hell isn't the name of the range in the OP?  Why are these troll threads tollarated?  Fuck!

Half of these types of threads you've got to read 10 pages of comments before we get the name of the guy or place that fucked the OP and the other half the OP never returns to tell us shit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:49:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ban op if he doesn't deliver. Sounds like a fake thread.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Idiots
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:04:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
WTF are you talking about? No one asked OP to leave. They tried to tell him he was violating a federal law, which he wasn't.

Do you support people being able to make up their own federal laws?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF are you talking about? No one asked OP to leave. They tried to tell him he was violating a federal law, which he wasn't.

do you have a fed badge?... if not, MYOFB....
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

No, but most businesses don't want to be party to violating the law, real or imagined.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

it's not up to a range to determine the legality of your gun
No, but most businesses don't want to be party to violating the law, real or imagined.

so, they run a fed background check on anyone who shots there?... after all, they wouldn't want to be party to violating the law
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see by your post count and your join date that today isn't your *first* day on a discussion forum but, your post suggests you don't understand what they are used for.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top