BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correction: It is only 99.9999...% fatal thanks to some miraculous health care work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amySmIs-1o4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.  If I'm reading it right, among people (groups of children and of adults) who received a pre-exposure prophylactic vaccination schedule (doses at zero and seven days) retained significant indicators of long-term effectiveness a year after vaccination and demonstrated test results indicating significant effectiveness 10-11 years after the initial vaccination without boosters.  These results are almost as good as a three dose series (days 0, 7, 21-28) in adults.  So I think you'd retain significant immunity for much longer.  But it's relatively easy and inexpensive to test and is commonly done, so if you're at any significant risk of exposure to rabies you should talk to a doctor about titer tests and boosters.

Edit and result: untreated rabies is 100% fatal, and many people in situations with elevated risk of exposure may be exposed in ways that are not obvious.  Rabies vaccines have been in use for well over a century, and modern vaccines for decades.  You're an idiot if you suspect exposure or are at increased risk of exposure and do not get a vaccination course.
Correction: It is only 99.9999...% fatal thanks to some miraculous health care work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amySmIs-1o4

Is precious' granny a peace officer? Did you see the badge on her belt?

Hopefully granny can kill all the fucking feral cats and burn then in a burn barrel.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I tbink that I might have a touch of the rabies.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wow.  There are only about 20 people known to have ever survived rabies.  I believe most or all went through the Milwaukee treatment protocol, and most or all were left with some level of brain damage.
View Quote

She was the girl in Milwaukee. She later went to college but there were struggles.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ITT, we have Doomers comparing a well-established treatment to an experimental and unproven drug to try and prove a point LOL.
View Quote

This site is infested with leftists. Completely infested.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Rabies scares the crap out of me. I see bats flying around the street lights sometimes when I walk my dog at night. I really hate walking underneath those nasty things.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I got lucky. When I was about 13 or 14 I was waking under a bridge down to a creek to fish and spooked a bunch of bats. One flew directly IN my mouth. I had to spit the fucker out. I had heard of rabies of course but didn’t know anything about it. Crazy to think something that stupid could have lead to a horrible death.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got lucky. When I was about 13 or 14 I was waking under a bridge down to a creek to fish and spooked a bunch of bats. One flew directly IN my mouth. I had to spit the fucker out. I had heard of rabies of course but didn’t know anything about it. Crazy to think something that stupid could have lead to a horrible death.
View Quote

that's why we either need to rid rabies in natural reservoirs or completely eradicate bats from the earth
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Those are some messed up circumstances...

He a bat colony in his home.
The bat that bit him had rabies.
And he refused the post-exposure rabies shots that would've saved his life...

Oh well.

WORLD WAR Z || 12 seconds countdown
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rabies scares the crap out of me. I see bats flying around the street lights sometimes when I walk my dog at night. I really hate walking underneath those nasty things.
View Quote

Have to carry a wooden stake.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top