Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What's going to be funny is when he gets caught in NYC on the day things come apart, with no means to get to HI. Or on vacay in some spot like France.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

with their wealth, they can have lots of automated defense systems.  Imagine something like a seawhiz phalanx gun (multiple) surrounding your property smoking invaders who are dumb enough to trip ground based sensors trying to access your property.  I saw an automated paintball system shooting at aggressors in some guys back yard.  Now imagine you have billions to to pay geeks to set this up for you with real guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From bunker to burial chamber with just one bulldozer.  $12 for instructions.

with their wealth, they can have lots of automated defense systems.  Imagine something like a seawhiz phalanx gun (multiple) surrounding your property smoking invaders who are dumb enough to trip ground based sensors trying to access your property.  I saw an automated paintball system shooting at aggressors in some guys back yard.  Now imagine you have billions to to pay geeks to set this up for you with real guns.

Do they have an infinite supply of ammunition for them?

One or two interactions with the slow natives will galvanize the swifter ones into coming up with creative means to exhaust said ammo. Rinse and repeat with small arms until the compound can effectively be stormed and seiged simply by sealing off exits and airshafts - then waiting them out.

Bonus points for attacking any generators left above ground, or by plugging the exhausts of those below.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m sitting here thinking about how to word this.
Oh well, I guess there’s no nice way to put it.
“YOU’RE A FUCKING IDIOT ZUCK FOR LETTING PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IT!!!”
View Quote
How do you know that's not the diversionary bunker?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Photographers sneak up to Zuck's estate and snap pics of him all the time, particularly from the oceanside.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.  All of these billionaires are building bunkers.  Makes you wonder what they know.
View Quote

Probably afraid of the common folk getting riled at them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is the tricky part.
View Quote

Yeah, good luck finding security and support personnel that won't turn on you later on.  They won't come without their families, so it gets complicated quickly.  Nobody after SHTF is going to want to have a boss that does nothing.  Better to just kill the boss and everyone else works together and splits the resources.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool. I would too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Bezos has a better plan.  He built a mountain bunker next to a space launch facility, and built a ship.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hawaii would be one of the last places I would want to build a survivalist compound.
View Quote

No shit, pick a place that has resources, not ports to unload everything you need.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bezos has a better plan.  He built a mountain bunker next to a space launch facility, and built a ship.
View Quote

Here is a film clip of Bezos's plan.

When Worlds Collide (1951)- Leaving earth

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who am I to stop them from building their own prison - no matter how extravagant it is.

They'll run out of necessities long before the world runs out of people who want to steal those necessities and punish them for destroying society.
View Quote

Like button.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
But if its an asteroid impact, those dormant ones could come to life very fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought Kauai had no active volcanos?
But if its an asteroid impact, those dormant ones could come to life very fast.

That's the spirit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Being white and locals aside, I would think HI would be a pretty good location from a fresh water and food stand point.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, Zuck is a Bond villian.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

One or two interactions with the slow natives will galvanize the swifter ones into coming up with creative means to exhaust said ammo. Rinse and repeat with small arms until the compound can effectively be stormed and seiged simply by sealing off exits and airshafts - then waiting them out.

Bonus points for attacking any generators left above ground, or by plugging the exhausts of those below.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He can afford a shit ton of ammo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hawaii would be one of the last places I would want to build a survivalist compound.
View Quote

Depends on what you're expecting to happen.

If you're expecting an extinction level event for anyone not in a shelter it's actually a pretty good place. Abundant food and resources, good weather year round, plenty of fresh water.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, the plumber is definitely not telling anyone.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Could you imagine, after some cataclysmic event that takes out 90% of the worlds population, being stuck on the fucked up planet with these insufferable narcissists?  

No thanks, I'll take death.  Let them deal with each other.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd find it harder to believe that anyone with that kind of money doesn't have such a compound.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd find it harder to believe that anyone with that kind of money doesn't have such a compound.
View Quote
This.

I'd have one at each house.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#22]
From a prepping standpoint, Kauai has one of the wettest regions on the planet. So, check off fresh water,  It's got volcanic soil, which can grow a wide range of crops and livestock.  If you're working through Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, it does pretty well assuming current historical trends continue.  That's the tricky part, guessing when current historical trends won't.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Their security team will shoot them 5 minutes in and set up their own FOB for themselves and their families.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This.  All of these billionaires are building bunkers.  Makes you wonder what they know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course they know. They’re the ones destroying society and as a result the world as we know it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Dr. Evil's lair.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Is this another Leave the world behind thread?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Volcanoes don't care
View Quote

The gases would drive people out before the lava, right?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, if you think about it, it’s a really long swim for the Post-Apoc zombie-vampire hordes to reach the Hawaiian islands from any mainland.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#31]
If I were that rich, I'd buy an island that's not under any jurisdiction, build a fortress mansion with enough freeze dried food to feed a couple dozen people for 20 years.  I'd install half a dozen Mark 45 naval guns (127mm autoloading cannons) with a handful of Mk-19 CROWS sentry guns around the island and have a small fleet of thermal-equipped C4 suicide drones.  The island would have no docks and artificial concrete reefs would prevent boats from approaching... there would only be a helipad and an underwater submersible entrance.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Their security team will shoot them 5 minutes in and set up their own FOB for themselves and their families.
View Quote
Zuck only has any value or importance because he's rich. In the event of complete societal collapse, he instantly becomes the most useless guy in the room.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah

Let’s build my survivor shelter on a fucking volcano
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#34]
So in other words

ALEX JONES WAS RIGHT

again
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Right? I don't think he thought this one all the way through.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't have legit military planners telling him the best places to set things up and what he needs to do to keep living.

I worked on Bill Gates home about 25 years ago, and the security built into that place was insane, and they make you sign an NDA, not that I give a shit anymore.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who else is building them?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I’d build a bunker if I had unlimited money.  Because, why not?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Username?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm obviously not a geologist, architect, or engineer; but, is a volcanic Island the best place to build a survivalist estate?  I would think something that is inland, moderate climate, and plenty of fresh water would be the ideal place.  IDK.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I guess some of these super rich guys have never read Lucifers Hammer. When the rich guy goes to his Observatory to stay safe but others are already there.

He could get there and find out that his staff their families have it secured.

Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm obviously not a geologist, architect, or engineer; but, is a volcanic Island the best place to build a survivalist estate?  I would think something that is inland, moderate climate, and plenty of fresh water would be the ideal place.  IDK.
View Quote

Last estimated volcanic eruption on Kauai was over 10,000 years ago.  So, if you bet the trend...
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#42]
When the poles shift polarity Hawaii will survive.  That's why so many have estates there.

BUY A BOAT.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't have legit military planners telling him the best places to set things up and what he needs to do to keep living.

I worked on Bill Gates home about 25 years ago, and the security built into that place was insane, and they make you sign an NDA, not that I give a shit anymore.
View Quote

Go on…
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:20:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Last estimated volcanic eruption on Kauai was over 10,000 years ago.  So, if you bet the trend...
View Quote

I've seen mentions of both 400,000 years ago and 5 million years ago so it's been a while
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've seen mentions of both 400,000 years ago and 5 million years ago so it's been a while
View Quote

No idea what the real number is; but I've done the helo tour there twice and when you're sitting inside that crater looking up and down, it's pretty awe inspiring.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Mainland gets rowdy Mark Z can get comms cut off to Hawaii. He can hold up with a small army and hold off the natives.  

Bezos is in New Zealand and the Caribbean with bunkers and holds the same protection and theory.

Gates has a places in Idaho and Wyoming and Montana. All of which are secure via mother nature and or hired guns.  

Almost like a tripod how these power hungry pricks protect themselves. Each holds the other.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Isn't he worried about global warming and rising sea levels?
View Quote
Maybe he's done the math?
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#48]
That's my boss.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:47:37 AM EDT
[#49]
This is inside Mount Waialeale, the inactive volcano on Kuaui.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 12:48:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Data's kid in 25-30 years

Blast from the Past (1999) Official Trailer - Alicia Silverstone Movie
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top