BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They “demand” answers to why we have to pay when they spend money on bullshit.
Eat my dick.
View Quote
In the 1990s MA jacked up the toll "temporarily" on the Tobin Bridge to pay for the Big Dig.

The Big Dig has been completed for years yet the toll hasn't been reduced. Why not use that money instead?

Rhetorical question I know.

Eastern MA needs to be walled off with an electrified fence, mine fields, crew served weapons in towers, and UAVs equipped with Hellfire missiles.

Rural western MA needs to be given rifles and bandoliers of ammo so they can join their brothers to the north.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Huh. I didn't know it was different than anywhere else in that regard. There's even an hbo documentary.

learn something new every day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cape cod is nothing more than one of the worlds largest heroin dens at this point. Letting those bridges crumble into the canal will probably go a long way into curtailing the "disease" in New England.
Huh. I didn't know it was different than anywhere else in that regard. There's even an hbo documentary.

learn something new every day.
it isn't
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The optimal solution to the Cape Cod bridge issue would be to encourage P-town to host a joint meeting of state government officials from Massachusetts and Virginia to explore areas of common interest and how to arrive at a final solution to the problem of the right-wing recalcitrants in the western part of their respective states.

Then blow the bridges.
View Quote
For MA, Cape Cod is very conservative, for MA, on par with the western part of the state, except for the beach front liberals.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, he's excellent. I listen on my evening commute. For those of you who don't know him: https://howiecarrshow.com/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Howie Rules!
Yeah, he's excellent. I listen on my evening commute. For those of you who don't know him: https://howiecarrshow.com/
pretty sure Howie is a member hear.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh, you'd be surprised at the number of Trump voters who live on Cape.  It's the homeowners from Boston, New Jersey and New York that are the commies.  The people who actually work on Cape have a surprising number of Trump voters among them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Solution for those two bridges is complicated by the fact they need to be tall enough for ship traffic transiting the Cape Cod Canal.  Which is U S Army Corps of Engineers run.... So not simply the locals problem.

There’s a third bridge, too.  Railroad.

Of the hundreds of thousands of people that travel those bridges, approximately 3 voted for Trump.

So, fug ‘em.

Oh, and there’s another reason to fug em.  Barack Obama crosses those bridges to get to Martha’s Vineyard....unless he is flying on a biz jet.
Oh, you'd be surprised at the number of Trump voters who live on Cape.  It's the homeowners from Boston, New Jersey and New York that are the commies.  The people who actually work on Cape have a surprising number of Trump voters among them.
very true
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Howie Rules!
He’s also written several great books on Whitey Bulger.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#7]
“The residents of this region cannot wait multiple years for this project to begin.”

Then perhaps the residents of that region should have budgeted to ensure the project would get done in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The really sad part about Massachusetts is it's a beautiful state, perhaps among the very best in terms of natural beauty and Democrats have ruined it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Internal improvement.  Not the Federal government's responsibility.  Pay for your own goddamn bridges.
View Quote
This.   And did anyone else catch the name of the guy running the States engineers?

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#10]
2016 Presidential Election for thread reference.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#11]
After the 2016 Presidential Election, Charlie Baker, the Republican Massachusetts Governor, announced at a press conference that he voted a "blank" (no choice) for President because he could not bring himself to vote for candidate Trump.  Baker does not understand the need to be able to work with the administration in power to be able to serve his constituents.

In the past, Massachusetts had a ship building industry.  When Richard Nixon was re-elected in 1972, he won with the electoral votes of 49 states.  Only Massachusetts and Washington DC voted against him.  That industry evaporated as contracts went to states that worked with the administration, not against it.

Massachusetts also assembled automobiles at one time.  General Motors had a plant in Framingham, MA.  GM made a request to expand the plant, but the local government was more interested in extorting GM than helping them with the expansion.  The plant was soon closed and the operation moved to facilities in other states.

If all goes well, Massachusetts should lose one more congressional seat in the 2020 Census.  In 1972, Masssachusetts had 14 congressional seats.  It now possesses nine, and if the census takers can be prevented from counting the out-of-state college students and illegal aliens three times each, we can be down to eight.  Anything to reduce the influence of this state will help the country as a whole.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#12]
oooooh, I bet that's expensitive...

Good thing there are a lot of elites in ma.

Fear not, hooman, army stronk!

Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#13]
YHTBFKM.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Everybody I ever met that was actually from the Cape wanted out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Well maybe they should add a fuck ton of their own money from all the god damn out of towners that go there every summer. Put a fucking ez pass till on 28 and 3 about 15 miles from Bourne and Sagamore. Hell, they just spent millions painting and re-surfacing them last year. Oh, and fuck Massachusetts
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#16]
paging elon musk....

the boring company is building tunnel for a 10 million a mile...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#17]
We will all be dead of old age or the alleged effects of climate change before anything gets built anyway. The endless environmental studies and resultant lawsuits will take 50 years before any construction actually begins. Then there will be a battle over which construction company will pay the most to buy off the corrupt politicians and bureaucrats running things in order to get the contract. Truly, living in this state is like being in the Twilight Zone.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Let Barry O pay for it..
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
“The residents of this region cannot wait multiple years for this project to begin.”

Then perhaps the residents of that region should have budgeted to ensure the project would get done in a timely manner.
View Quote
Learn how to code swim.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
YHTBFKM.
View All Quotes
I know what it is....My Nana lived on the Cape for years before moving to FL. And I spent many summers there growing up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why didn't Mittens take care of it??
View Quote
Oh, that's gonna sting!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a federal canal. Feds should have some major ownership.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Build a wall around Mass instead.
View Quote
This.......double time !
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Replacement of those bridges is a long overdue, who’s fault is that? If a bridge has a 60 year life expectancy it seems like somewhere around year 2005 they should’ve started saving and implementing a plan.

And of course three years ago we had a different president who didn’t fund their bridges
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Just fill in the canal, we dont need it anymore.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Replacement of those bridges is a long overdue, who’s fault is that?
View Quote
The people who built a canal through a major section of the state for national priorities.

If the federal government does not want to share the financial burden of that priority the state should fill it back in. Filling the canal would benefit MA taxpayers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Massholes.

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Or close it off to shipping traffic and make lower, cheaper bridges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it really needed?? can't ships just sail around the hook if they need to get into the bay?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is it really needed?? can't ships just sail around the hook if they need to get into the bay?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah but it cuts about 12-24 hours of transit to Boston and further north.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top