Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so is that normal or not? how did that look 4, 8, 12, 16 years ago? how does it look in other areas?

last time a family member looked there were a total of about 70 people in the US we could find who shared our last name. As far as we got there are only 3 distinct families. my name isn't super common like a smith or jones but its not rare or anything. i was pretty shocked, i would have guessed there were thousands of us.
View Quote

The sad thing is, seventy two years from now, when the Census records are made public, and available to researchers, it will be easy to figure out what, if anything, happened, but it will be a little late.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes you do, but you conveniently chose to ignore the comment prior to your non-witty one-liner, all in the name of getting in your ... non-witty non-gotcha one-liner.

Let me lay it out clearly for you — the basis (that you claim doesn't exist) is the stat from above that says there are only 6M+ unique last names in the entire country.

So again, regardless of your non-gotcha circumstance, does 500,000 (nearly 10% of the entire nation's) unique last names in PA alone, make sense?

I'll wait for the answer...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:What you are saying is either 521,000+ single people with unique last names have moved to PA, registered to vote and voted, or 521,000+ families moved out of PA and left one family member in PA who voted, or some combination of those two.

Do any of those scenarios sound reasonable to you?  
I don't have any basis to know whether it sounds reasonable or not. This doesn't strike me as the type of thing that a person can know out based on whether it sounds right to them or not. it would be nice to confirm it is all.
Yes you do, but you conveniently chose to ignore the comment prior to your non-witty one-liner, all in the name of getting in your ... non-witty non-gotcha one-liner.

Let me lay it out clearly for you — the basis (that you claim doesn't exist) is the stat from above that says there are only 6M+ unique last names in the entire country.

So again, regardless of your non-gotcha circumstance, does 500,000 (nearly 10% of the entire nation's) unique last names in PA alone, make sense?

I didn't intend to be witty

Other posters have raised some good points that makes me hesitate to jump to conclusions.

The good news is that since he has a list of names, he can pull a random sample and check it to see if those names are fabricated voters or authentic voters with unique names. Then we will have a 100% definitive verifiable proof. And we won't be in the position of having to discuss whether his math, which is below the threshold of what is needed in a court room, sounds right or not.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am one of those voters I moved to PA. Rest of the family lives in other states.
View Quote

LOLOLOL
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#4]
#stillstandingby
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am one of those voters I moved to PA. Rest of the family lives in other states.
View Quote

are you the only person in Pa that has your last name, related or not?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your last name unique enough that you dont think there is a single unrelated person in the entire state with the same last name?  

Honest question, just curious...

@JBobM
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oops!

He didn't think that one through before rushing in to make is non-gotcha one-liner.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If anyone disagrees with this I would love to hear why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Listen and listen up good.  NONE OF THIS MATTERS.  

No one in power even wants to hear of it.  The name of the game is cheat your ass off.
- Get as many fake ballots as you can
- Get anyone to mix then in with good ballots.

Then kick back and just go "its up to you to prove it all" - oh and you have 6 weeks to do it in middle of a Holiday season.  

You cant get even the Govt return a voice mail in 6 weeks. Yet alone FIND fraud, DOCUMENT fraud, FILE in court, present all this evidence in a hearing and get the votes overturned.  Thats the sad part of it all. Its physically impossible to do all this before inauguration.

SO. Learn from your mistakes. Next time YOU be the guy with a semi trailer full of votes and kick back and tell them they have 4 weeks to prove all this.  

You go it  !  

Personal integrity.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't worry! Scotus will fix this!
View Quote

I want to believe...
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't worry! Scotus will fix this!
View Quote
They're as corrupt as congress is
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mathematician Bobby Piton Finds More Than 500,000 Unique Last Names in Pennsylvania: 'Sophisticated State Actor Was Able to Optimize Desired Outcome'

Mr. Piton has done extraordinary work crunching data and his testimony pointed out blatant voter fraud through incontrovertible evidence, at one point claiming he'd stake his life on the factual nature of his testimony.

Piton revealed this weekend that he examined just over 9 million records in Pennsylvania and has identified 521,879 unique last names.

In other words, these people have no parents, siblings, aunts, uncles or cousins who share the same last name (phantom voters).
View Quote

The myriad of ways the Democrats cheated in this election is almost impressive, imagine if they put all that creativity to work for the betterment of the country instead of themselves.
View Quote

Democrats.

If you think thievery and fuckery is exclusive to only one side, your thought processes would be foolish.

While the majority (approx 5/8) of all governors and state officials charged and convicted of federal crimes are democrats (IL has the special disctinction of having  4 former governors in the past 60 years doing time), there are  a   lot of shitbag Rs as well.

Election fraud is not always or only a national concerted Democrat effort. In some local elections, Rs are just as wily  and slimy.

Ironic you would use statistical analysis to support a position but not realise your position (that all cheating is by democrats) is as statistically unlikely as the issue you unearthed.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#13]
... the United States of America got fucked!
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Seems legit.
View Quote

More legit than you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Either he's supper sloppy in his work, or the other half didn't support the conclusion he needed to reach.  Either way; it's junk work.
View Quote

How about you muster the resources and do this leg work?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Totally believable.  It's the Pennsylvania Dutch!  

View Quote

The PA dutch would have far fewer last names than most groups of people that size.  It is rare for them to marry outside their culture.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Considering the number of immigrants in PA, that is not completely surprising.  My father's family in PA came from Poland/Galicia/Austria/Prussia and has three last names that I know of.
One brother is Janos
one Janis
one something with a ski
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, that's the reason it's so important to stop voter fraud before an election, than to try and uncover and prove it in the short time you have after an election.

My prediction will be, that in a few years, we will know exactly what happened.  It just takes time to uncover and figure out what appears to be a lot of individual schemes, by a lot of different people.  And, time is what Trump  doesn't have right now.

I've investigated voter fraud as law enforcement officer.  In every single case, we eventually figured out who was to blame, and charged them.   But, it always comes way too late to  change an election.   And, once we have enough instances of voter fraud to get a conviction, we usually called it done, because it's so expensive and so time consuming to investigate it.  You basically have to find every single fraudulent vote, and prove it's fraudulent, if you want to find the true totals of the votes.  

The really weird thing is how the mainstream media continues to put out this mantra that there is not voter fraud, ever.  And, even weirder, that so many people buy it.  When in truth,  it's gets uncovered and prosecuted, on a pretty regular basis, all over the country.

But, a lot of people have made the observation, that a lot of the vote numbers just don't make walking around sense.  Of course, that's not proof of anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok. But why did he stop before his work was done though? All this tells us is that there are some people in Pennsylvania with unique last names. What he has to do now is start going down the list of these "suspicious names" and show that they are not authentic Pennsylvania voters. If he can do that, then he will have something.

Well, that's the reason it's so important to stop voter fraud before an election, than to try and uncover and prove it in the short time you have after an election.

My prediction will be, that in a few years, we will know exactly what happened.  It just takes time to uncover and figure out what appears to be a lot of individual schemes, by a lot of different people.  And, time is what Trump  doesn't have right now.

I've investigated voter fraud as law enforcement officer.  In every single case, we eventually figured out who was to blame, and charged them.   But, it always comes way too late to  change an election.   And, once we have enough instances of voter fraud to get a conviction, we usually called it done, because it's so expensive and so time consuming to investigate it.  You basically have to find every single fraudulent vote, and prove it's fraudulent, if you want to find the true totals of the votes.  

The really weird thing is how the mainstream media continues to put out this mantra that there is not voter fraud, ever.  And, even weirder, that so many people buy it.  When in truth,  it's gets uncovered and prosecuted, on a pretty regular basis, all over the country.

But, a lot of people have made the observation, that a lot of the vote numbers just don't make walking around sense.  Of course, that's not proof of anything.
Well how much treason do the politicians have to commit before somebody arrests them and investigates them, or what does it take for them to get fired or lose security clearances, etc?  Why does nothing ever happen to them?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How about you muster the resources and do this leg work?
View Quote

Mr. Piton, presumably a grown man, can do his own leg work.  Maybe he can make some more insightful tweets about something and not bother to include enough details to allow others to follow or critique his work.  Get some more of  those clicks for the website.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t think there is another family with my last name in Indiana. I moved here also.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#22]
To compare with another state...

I pulled the NC data into SQLite and found 220K last names with only one registered voter. I don't know if my methodology is the same as his.

1. Download the data, extract ncvoter_Statewide.txt
2. Using DB Browser for SQLite, file->import, set delimiter to the Tab character, enable "first row is column names", import to table
3. select count(*) from (select last_name, count(*) from ncvoter_Statewide group by last_name having count(*) = 1) q

The result was 219509. There are only 437036 distinct last names in this data, so actually a little over half of the last names are only held by one registered voter. The ratio of "unique last names" / "total registered voters" appears to be higher in the PA data if his analysis is comparable (not checking because I don't want to pay $20 for the PA data), but a large number of "unique last names" in itself seems pretty standard. And I could see this number varying by state quite a bit based on demographics.

I'm leaning towards this being one of those things that's numerically surprising, but not really unusual.

Also, if you were going to register a bunch of fake voters, does it make any sense that you would come up with a hundreds of thousands of unique last names? Wouldn't you, if anything, do the opposite and register multiple voters per surname so you have less work to do inventing plausible-but-made-up names?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess the  Rs better learn how to cheat the system if they ever want to win another election.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I pulled the NC data into SQLite and found 220K last names with only one registered voter. I don't know if my methodology is the same as his.

2. Using DB Browser for SQLite, file->import, set delimiter to the Tab character, enable "first row is column names", import to table
3. select count(*) from (select last_name, count(*) from ncvoter_Statewide group by last_name having count(*) = 1) q

The result was 219509. There are only 437036 distinct last names in this data, so actually a little over half of the last names are only held by one registered voter. The ratio of "unique last names" / "total registered voters" appears to be higher in the PA data if his analysis is comparable (not checking because I don't want to pay $20 for the PA data), but a large number of "unique last names" in itself seems pretty standard. And I could see this number varying by state quite a bit based on demographics.

I'm leaning towards this being one of those things that's numerically surprising, but not really unusual.

Also, if you were going to register a bunch of fake voters, does it make any sense that you would come up with a hundreds of thousands of unique last names? Wouldn't you, if anything, do the opposite and register multiple voters per surname so you have less work to do inventing plausible-but-made-up names?
View Quote

Interesting.  So the article in  the OP is a big nothingburger.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So how would the study classify my wife. She has multiple scientific papers credited to her maiden name, she didn't want to lose credit and I supported her having that credit, so she hyphenated our names. The end result is a unique name(mine is same ,I have relatives, ect, she does not under her new name)
View Quote

Her parents share her maiden name.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok. But why did he stop before his work was done though? All this tells us is that there are some people in Pennsylvania with unique last names. What he has to do now is start going down the list of these "suspicious names" and show that they are not authentic Pennsylvania voters. If he can do that, then he will have something.
View Quote

Show that they voted and their votes we counted as well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#28]
What's really amazing is that no one in the DNC who was a part of this massive, multi-state fraud has spilled the beans on what happened.  Not a single email.  Not a single book deal or slip of the lip to someone at a party.  I bet the CIA wishes its people were as good at keeping secrets.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Within 6 months all of this will go down George Orwell's memory hole.

Comrade Biden will make double plus good America for you.

Be good comrades and return to your labors now, so you can pay more taxes.

Do not ask pesky questions about election!
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Personal integrity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Listen and listen up good.  NONE OF THIS MATTERS.  

No one in power even wants to hear of it.  The name of the game is cheat your ass off.
- Get as many fake ballots as you can
- Get anyone to mix then in with good ballots.

Then kick back and just go "its up to you to prove it all" - oh and you have 6 weeks to do it in middle of a Holiday season.  

You cant get even the Govt return a voice mail in 6 weeks. Yet alone FIND fraud, DOCUMENT fraud, FILE in court, present all this evidence in a hearing and get the votes overturned.  Thats the sad part of it all. Its physically impossible to do all this before inauguration.

SO. Learn from your mistakes. Next time YOU be the guy with a semi trailer full of votes and kick back and tell them they have 4 weeks to prove all this.  

You go it  !  

Personal integrity.

Sometimes you simply have to fight fire with fire........well unless you want to end up as cannon fodder.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:What you are saying is either 521,000+ single people with unique last names have moved to PA, registered to vote and voted, or 521,000+ families moved out of PA and left one family member in PA who voted, or some combination of those two.

Do any of those scenarios sound reasonable to you?  
I don't have any basis to know whether it sounds reasonable or not. This doesn't strike me as the type of thing that a person can know out based on whether it sounds right to them or not. it would be nice to confirm it is all.

He was looking for unique to PA. The same surname may be found in multiple states.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you saying that no one else in the entire state of PA has the same last name you have?
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is it really a rigged election if you allow it?
View Quote

Seems we are.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is it really a rigged election if you allow it?
View Quote

This, astonishing how few even care, especially here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#35]
To those of you say that this isn’t important are wrong. It is important to establish and make public all the various techniques used to rig the election as this is the only things that will change behavior in the future. The Sunshine Theory of Ethics is a real thing. By shining a light on unethical/illegal activities it serves as a deterrent to future activity.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Totally believable.  It's the Pennsylvania Dutch!  

View Quote

I’m thinking that if there was ever a state where half the population would share the last name Yoder.... PA would be it
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What's really amazing is that no one in the DNC who was a part of this massive, multi-state fraud has spilled the beans on what happened.  Not a single email.  Not a single book deal or slip of the lip to someone at a party.  I bet the CIA wishes its people were as good at keeping secrets.
View Quote

Which almost proves claims of massive, top down coordinated voter fraud is mostly found in the imagination.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
To those of you say that this isn't important are wrong. It is important to establish and make public all the various techniques used to rig the election as this is the only things that will change behavior in the future. The Sunshine Theory of Ethics is a real thing. By shining a light on unethical/illegal activities it serves as a deterrent to future activity.
View Quote

Did you read RSP's post above?  NC has the same thing going on with the number of unique last names.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The number of unique names in the census bears virtually no relevance to the number of unique names on a given list.  When people go to the polls, a lot are ineligible to vote.  A lot just stay home.  Bang! A big pile of "unique" names go through the polls that aren't counted as "unique" in the census.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me lay it out clearly for you  the basis (that you claim doesn't exist) is the stat from above that says there are only 6M+ unique last names in the entire country.

The number of unique names in the census bears virtually no relevance to the number of unique names on a given list.  When people go to the polls, a lot are ineligible to vote.  A lot just stay home.  Bang! A big pile of "unique" names go through the polls that aren't counted as "unique" in the census.

It's an incomplete analysis, but I think an interesting one.  If ballots are procedurally generated, you would tend to see irregularities in 'family tree' type characteristics, since the procedure is unlikely to reproduce such connections realistically.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Her parents share her maiden name.
View Quote

Her parent's don't share her new, hyphenated last name. (I assume.)

Edit: It would take more analysis to separate the two surnames of a hyphenated name and match one or both up with other surnames.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm sure the RNC will do something
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not hard to believe when all mainstream media and the FBI refuse to investigate.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#44]
While it sounds interesting at first... I'd want to know what he's comparing to. Sure, you have a list of people who voted (or at least registered) and have some odd number of unique last names. But that's only people who are registered to vote. Compare that to, say every resident in the state. What does it look like now? How many of those names really ARE unique? Compare to other states, how many are unique then?

It's definitely interesting, and it's something that initially appears interesting to most people, but it needs to be compared to some other set of values to really demonstrate that it IS or IS NOT unusual.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Somebody is going to get followed home by some crazie shouting, "You don't exist!  I know you don't exist! That's not your real name!  I know you are kidnapping children and forcing them to fill the ballots!"
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks @RSP for taking the time to do this. Some like me will get it. But others will just say ‘see, this proves they cheated in NC also.’

It would be interesting to do this analysis of PA voter registration data from 2016.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#47]
when I get my tableau up and running again I'll look at the PA registered voter data....

I'm not screwing with each individual county
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#48]
It is an interesting datapoint but not sure if it supports anything.

There are only 3 people with my last name as it is spelled in the entirety of my county (3,000,000+ people). And all 3 are my immediate family.
Used to be 8 of us but 3 passed away, one got married and one relocated out of state.

I do also wonder how much hypenation changes it. Wonder if hypenated last names were included or excluded from the statistics.

Now if the raw data looks suspect, like names that defy any/all rules of grammar (like absence of vowels) or show a pattern, then they might indicate computer generation.

Link Posted: 12/28/2020 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

What kept the thousands of people who knew the exact same things Edward Snowden knew from spilling the beans?

And, what good did it actually do for him to ruin his life to do it?   Nothing changed.  The NSA is still doing exactly what it was doing the day before Snowden leaked it all.

And, why would anyone in the DNC who was involved in this, want to admit it right now?  Maybe twenty or thirty years from now.  Right now, the media would burn down anyone, from the DNC or otherwise, who stood up and said they were involved in a vote fraud scheme, and discredit their entire life to the point that no one believes anything they said.  And, everyone knows it.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top