User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Court will rule against this, for the exact same reason they did against bump stocks.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I find this illegal record keeping accusation hard to believe. I’ve been assured (/chastised for suggesting) by a few of our all knowing GD members that the FATF would never consider doing such a thing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
So is he the new trey gowdy?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
FPNI. He's been doing this alot lately. Speak less, act more.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Goetz is not wrong. Fuck the atf fatties.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What do you want, pistols at dawn?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is yelling at someone with no consequence fighting? That's kinda like fighting a war by shooting in the air.

What do you want, pistols at dawn?

Well now that you've brought it up...
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I should be shocked at how incompetent the ATF director comes across.

Sadly, I'm not remotely shocked.  I dunno, maybe it's good they're not hiring competent people?
View Quote

I'm surprised his composure was as poor as it was. Guys at that level can usually speak fluently.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If only the Republicans could gain control of the White House, plus both houses of Congress, then they could actually accomplish a lot of pro-Constitutional initiatives and rein in the ATF and other bureauracies....

You know, like what happened after the 2016 election, right?

View Quote

Actually, the Uniparty held both houses.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I am sure any day now ATF will be defunded and their authority removed....
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If only there was a period of time that Republicans could have forced meaningful change.
View Quote

You forgot about this guy?

Hint: He wasn't our friend.

Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I watched the entire hearing yesterday. It was a clown show. Especially with assnozzles like Steve Cohen, Corey Bush, et. al. jumping all over themselves to make leftist talking points. It was a dumpster fire. And while I appreciate Gatez, Jordan and other Republicans calling Dettelbach onto the mat, nothing will come out of this. It is political grandstanding to each base. Pure and simple.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's cute. He got his fiery clip.

None of these bitches will do shit even though they control the house. They have the power to strip their funding, but won't.
View Quote

Honest question - Can the Republican controlled house strip funding for the ATF without it going to the Senate for a vote? I know any spending bill has to originate in the house, but it still has to go to the senate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So is he the new trey gowdy?
View Quote

Yes, constrained by the Constitution.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Has anyone ever been held accountable with consequences from a congressional hearing?

All I see is 40 years of congressional hearings yet I can not remember one instance of anyone ever getting any consequences.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Dettelbach comes across as a slimy douche with a JD. But I repeat myself.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Honest question - Can the Republican controlled house strip funding for the ATF without it going to the Senate for a vote? I know any spending bill has to originate in the house, but it still has to go to the senate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of these bitches will do shit even though they control the house. They have the power to strip their funding, but won't.

No, the House and Senate need to agree during reconciliation.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

That was what I remember learning. So even if the House got its shit together and passed this, nothing would happen.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Wesley Hunt Takes No Prisoners Excoriating The Left For 'Chipping Away At Our Core Values'
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#20]
What a picture perfect representation of Biden’s Federal Government.  Trump haters should be proud.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

And the house won't even do their part because they don't give a fuck
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Obviously, you failed Civics in middle school.  Gaetz alone can only bring these issues to light. The house alone can't do shit.  Stripping funding already budgeted/approved would take the House and Senate and the POTUS signature. The best the house can do is to block future funding.
View Quote

Obviously, you failed reading comprehension in middle school.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't care about grilling, slamming, etc. Words don't mean shit. Disband the gov agencies.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Wesley Hunt 2024!
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck the atf.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't care about grilling, slamming, etc. Words don't mean shit. Disband the gov agencies.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Dettelbach? What kind of a name is that?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I watched some of the hearing and while I approve of them calling out this turd and his ATF, nothing will happen.  Maybe the brace rule will get struck down but that'll be the courts not the GOP (not that they won't take credit).  Nothing will change, swamp monsters gonna swamp.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I watched some of the hearing and while I approve of them calling out this turd and his ATF, nothing will happen.  Maybe the brace rule will get struck down but that'll be the courts not the GOP (not that they won't take credit).  Nothing will change, swamp monsters gonna swamp.
View Quote

Most swamps are shallow. But the DC Swamp is deep AF. Trump really thought he could drain it. The truth is that it can't be drained all the way. The people living in the Swamp only want to protect what they have. They are drunk on their power.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Just remember not to get too excited by politicians' words. Yes, they sound good coming from "our side". But they are only words.

They also could have hammered on the important parts more, and brought up some unmentioned things. And small details too- ie when the aft was called out for being their own branch, "our guy" said "... This is not how our government should work..." Though that sounds ok, it is measured and gives credence to what has occurred. They should have absolutely harped on "this is not how our government works." Note, there is no "should". They should have worked harder to invalidate the entire rule on it's face. The points brought up were shallow and didn't demonstrate to me a deep understanding by anybody. Of course, the left was absolutely clueless, as they are with anything gun. But the gop did not really dive deep on anything. There are so many examples, but as one, take the previous brace approvals. They brought up and repeatedly referred to only one- the original submission. The aft bitched that it was the only approved brace. However, had anyone actually quoted the approval, it would have been obvious that further designs also fall into the same exact description of why the aft approved of this one. There was no focus on the legislative definition of rifle, nor mention of how the inventor "designed", or "intended" it to be fired from the forearm. I didn't see a single mention of the 2017 letter from aft either. They only needed to quote a small portion of it to prove that multiple brace designs were STILL ok with the aft, and this was 5 years after the initial approval:

" The Firearms and Ammunition Technology Division (FATD), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco,
Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has received inquiries from the public concerning the proper use
of devices recently marketed as “stabilizing braces.” These devices are described as “a shooter’s
aid that is designed to improve the single-handed shooting performance of buffer tube equipped
pistols.” The device claims to enhance accuracy and reduce felt recoil when using an AR-style
pistol.
These items are intended to improve accuracy by using the operator’s forearm to provide stable
support for the AR-type pistol. ATF has previously determined that attaching the brace to a
firearm does not alter the classification of the firearm or subject the firearm to National Firearms
Act (NFA) control. However, this classification is based upon the use of the device as designed."

They could also have made mention of the self named "FATD" acronym, just to see director dildo squirm. But to finalize the point, it has been 6 years since that last letter, without any further major issues from the aft. Now suddenly, a decade after initial approval and tens of millions sold, there is an issue with the very existence of the brace.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The feigned opposition (aside from 2-3 who actually care) serves as nothing more than pleading with a tyrant, who is directly underneath other tyrants. He ain't gonna back down on this, as the pressure from his brief hot seats is nothing compared to the pressure from above him. The good that can come of this is that some points scored may help in the imminent SCOTUS lawsuit. They do not obey the second amendment, they do not respect the very fresh SCOTUS order via Bruen to back the fuck off, nor are they heeding the additional check from the very body that empowered them to begin with. They know that the Senate will never overturn this rule, and even if they did, it will never be placed on Biden's desk for him to blindly sign like everything else, nor would he knowingly sign it. It's dead in the water. And because the aft is not respecting the true branches of our self-government, I fear that even a direct SCOTUS decision on this exact issue will not stop them. At best, they will have to find another way to ban this, ie banning buffer tubes being used as part of any shouldering system unless rifle is 16"+, or something equally as stupid (see bruen backlash via special places increases in NY for example). Or maybe they're aiming for an awb by the time this makes it to SCOTUS, making it a moot point. Or, maybe they are banking on SCOTUS being packed in the near future, where all leftist agendas are insured.

The point is, they are a step ahead of this. I think we'll get some decent lower court rulings in the mean time (such as nfa ban states having no viable registration method which creates a defacto ban), but no major injunctions that will hold after shakedowns by clown courts like the ninth circuit. They are harping on this not being a ban, simply a registration. And they were kind of enough to make it free, so why are people even complaining?

We all know what comes after registration. It's just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Words are cheap.  Call me when there's some concrete result.  I won't be holding my breath waiting for the call.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I like the fire.  I've seen a lot of clips of people getting grilled.  Then the Democrats keep doing what they're gonna do and we bitch about it on the internet.
View Quote

The Republicans only get fired up only when they know they don't have the power to change the status quo. They get their sound bites for their campaign and to keep the donations to come in. When they do have the majority, they preach about working together for the benefit of Americans. When the democrats have control, the fuck the Republicans in the ass every chance they get.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes! Thank you.
That’s the one I couldn’t remember
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SLAMMED! GRILLED! SMASHED! DESTROYED!

Bombshell
Dropped a nuke
Obliterates

My favorite is eviscerate.

Yes! Thank you.
That’s the one I couldn’t remember

DISEMBOWED!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#36]
WATCH: Hageman Accuses ATF Of Trying 'To Subvert The Authority Of Congress' With New Rule
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Kevin Kiley Quizzes ATF Director On Second Amendment

'That Particular Right, Why Is It Important?': Kevin Kiley Quizzes ATF Director On Second Amendment
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 12:47:35 AM EDT
[#38]
'I'm Not Playing Games Here': Mike Johnson Grills ATF Director Steven Dettelbach
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#39]
'You Flip-Flopped': Jim Jordan Quotes Sixth Circuit Court In Grill Of ATF Director
Link Posted: 4/29/2023 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#40]
To help some people out, unless you control the house, the presidency, and 60 solid senators in the senate, shit won't change for the better. This is about all they can do until then is to make the appointed assholes look like fools on TV and the interwebs. Until then, the courts are about the only place to roll back infringements. It's why the left goes apeshit right now because they currently don't have 9 commies in the SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 1:43:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Court will rule against this, for the exact same reason they did against bump stocks.

View Quote

The courts are our ONLY chance.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#42]
CLYDE: House to Block ATF's Unconstitutional Pistol Brace Rule

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuLfmOP7sp4
View Quote

And exactly how are they going to block the atf's unconstitutional pistol brace rule? Without backing from the Senate and the senile old bastard in the White House?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top