Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Police have been neutered all over this country.
I remember going on liberty up to Revere Beach from Boston....it was made pretty plain that if you caused any trouble what so ever the PD would hickory stick your attitude !!
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would assume a mandatory curfew set very early and the breaking up of any large gatherings. If that happens, all of these people will have rented out places to stay for no reason, and I have a hunch as to how they'll take that news.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does "cancel spring break" functionally mean?
I would assume a mandatory curfew set very early and the breaking up of any large gatherings. If that happens, all of these people will have rented out places to stay for no reason, and I have a hunch as to how they'll take that news.
They're gonna need space...
Baltimore Mayor Says She Instructed Police To Give Protestors "Space To Destroy"

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why not raise the cost of living to keep the riff raff out?  If people cannot afford to visit, problem solved.
View Quote

I know someone who has never been to Miami Beach

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#4]
What’s super annoying is being top tier at Hilton and Marriott and still being asked to sign waivers that you won’t smoke and other things. Thanks, you animals.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Scott Adams... Something, something
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They're actually closing the liquor stores at 6 all weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw769Rvw37k

My favorite part of the video is them highlighting all of the various crowds that are down there, and then singling out the "Spring breakers" as a separate group.
View Quote

Funny how the young folks who are actually on spring break aren't considered 'Spring Breakers' lol!

Sorta like how 'Flash Mob' now has a completely different meaning from what they were originally all about.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If the mayor cancels spring break, which is on the table, we'll see some serious shit. I hope the national guard is ready to deploy.
View Quote
How does a Mayor cancel something he has nothing to do with?  He can cancel spring break for Miami public schools, but not universities nationwide.  It isn't like Spring Break is a ticketed event.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
How can you willingly allow a problem to happen then declare it an emergency?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What's odd is this isn't happening at Ft Lauderdale.......

View Quote

My wife was at the family house on 30A this past week, and said the place was dead.   Even Panama City Beach area was not crowded, considering it was Spring Break.  
Of course the weather was unusually cool for most of the week.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I see the problem.  It’s common.  Let me get their fathers on the phone.
View Quote

Don't you have to be in-person to use those phones?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
those poor waiters and waitresses, not gonna see a tip for a week
View Quote

Tell us you’ve never been without telling us you’ve never been.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see the root cause of the problem.
View Quote

Or, as we Boomers would say. "I see the Roots cause of the problem."
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#14]
A block or so from the beach is the ghetto. Shootings are common gangs are present.  It's a shit hole
Those are not kids from college in that picture. visitors are nothing but prey.  Couldn't pay me to spend a weekend in a mb hotel.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
NOW THATS A COTTON PICKIN PARTY !
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think someone posted a thread last week about Miami https://nypost.com/2023/03/20/florida-spring-break-shooter-fired-stolen-gun-11-times-cops/amp/                                                             https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/D3859CCD-5C03-4093-8D9B-165728445F4D_jpe-2759692.JPG
View Quote

Well, when your first name is Suspect, what did you expect?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#17]
damn, i miss going to Ultra 2013 & 2014. fack, those were da dayz.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Need more pics of hottie in the lower right
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just read an article this morning about the top ten most violent cities in Oklahoma
View Quote

And???
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Those crowds come from Democrat States. But you nust might be retarded enough to think the State that went majority Trump last election is Democrat. Please tell us you are not retarded.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
NOW THATS A COTTON PICKIN PARTY !
View Quote

You sir, win the internet today.

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just look at all the people not heeding the NAACP's advice not to go to Florida.  https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/03/23/naacp-florida-chapters-recommend-travel-advisory-amid-desantis-policies/
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Miami is Racist?
View Quote

Only if you are not
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Most of the people in Miami for this nonsense are not from out of town. It's just teens from neighborhood cities in broward and Miami. They coordinate the takeover of Miami Beach and know exactly what they are doing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No place can handle this many of them  all at once.
View Quote

What about Chicago?  Or Detroit?  Or Cleveland?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If the mayor cancels spring break, which is on the table, we'll see some serious shit. I hope the national guard is ready to deploy.
View Quote

Oh wow. I would love to see some serious riots, its been too long.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No place can handle this many of them  all at once.
View Quote
Not even an entire continent
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Officials in Miami Beach have declared a state of emergency as "massive crowds" of Spring Breakers descend on the Florida city causing mayhem, including the shooting deaths of two people.

Alina Hudak, the city manager, signed the emergency declaration Wednesday which has allowed officials to impose measures "to protect the health and safety of persons and property." The emergency declaration is in effect through Monday.

It came after Miami Beach issued a weekend-long curfew earlier this month, which the city chose not to extend.

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/e5fdyn/picture259692130/alternates/FREE_1140/MIA_SPRING_BREAK_DAV6

Hudak noted in the declaration that Miami Beach, located on 15 square miles of a small barrier island just east of Miami, has a population of just 90,000 residents but has become an "international renowned tourist destination" that has dealt with "unruly crowd control issues" since March 2021.

In this Spring Break season, Miami Beach has already recorded four arrests for aggravated assault and three for aggravated battery, according to the emergency declaration. There have also been seven arrests for robbery, 20 arrests for carrying a concealed firearm and 37 felony drug arrests.

At least 12 people have been arrested for battery on a law enforcement officer, as police attempt to maintain order in the small city.

https://cdn.scrippsnews.com/images/videos/m/1679270513_n6uPPx.jpg

Hudak said in the emergency declaration that the first deadly shooting occurred around 10:45 p.m. on March 17 on Ocean Drive while police officers stationed just half a block away. The second occurred just two days later around 3 a.m., just a few blocks away.

"Officers were able to arrive on the scene within a matter of seconds, but nevertheless were unable to prevent the shootings," Hudak wrote in the emergency declaration.

"If each of the shootings had occurred only moments earlier or later, police officers in the area could have been caught in cross-fire. Despite the vast and highly-visible police officer presence in the city, criminals and their illegal behavior continue undeterred."

https://www.upi.com/amp/Top_News/US/2023/03/26/miami-beach-declares-state-emergency-mayor-considers-ending-spring-break/4531679842215/
View Quote

Seems like too much type 2 diabetes for one picture to contain
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just don't remember spring breaks from my young adult years looking like that.
View Quote

Black College Reunion in Daytona back in the 90's was like that.  We had riots, shootings, and mayhem every year and one time they killed a police horse.  Fun times, glad the city got rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Better 40 years too late than never. I guess.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Those crowds come from Democrat States

But you nust might be retarded enough to think the State that went majority Trump last election is Democrat. Please tell us you are not retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Democrat state, democrat leadership.

That’s why these things happen.

Those crowds come from Democrat States

But you nust might be retarded enough to think the State that went majority Trump last election is Democrat. Please tell us you are not retarded.

The state legislature is (super)majority RINO though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#34]
They ruin everything.  I'll never forget when they fucking cancelled a long-standing Mardi Gras celebration in my old AO in Louisiana.  I found an article on it.  What they won't say is that the "large crowds" were large crowds of black thugs from all over the Gulf Coast.  Somehow they turned this once VERY family friendly celebration into a debauchery fest.  The lines of them were miles long leading into the town.  Fuckers...
Mardi Gras cancelled
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What's odd is this isn't happening at Ft Lauderdale.......

View Quote
Different crowd.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#36]
If only we could figure out what all these incidents have in common, maybe we could get to the Roots cause of the problem.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I think I spotted the problem.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you mind if we dance with your dates?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ScooterInVegas:
When I was down there for spring break in 90', it looked a lot different.
View Quote

You should have been there in the mid 70s.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why not raise the cost of living to keep the riff raff out?  If people cannot afford to visit, problem solved.
View Quote

Because we would foot the bill.
More TAX more EBT bytes
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Happens every spring break...
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What’s super annoying is being top tier at Hilton and Marriott and still being asked to sign waivers that you won’t smoke and other things. Thanks, you animals.
View Quote

Try Four Seasons. None of those issues there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:07:14 PM EDT
[#43]
They should get some influencers to start promoting some beach in Africa as a spring break hotspot and offering free one way tickets.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Send in some crisis councilors to tell them to go home. Ez Pz
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I want to be transported to the USA that exists in an alternate universe where we restricted slavery exclusively to hot Scandinavian women with emancipation in the 1860s like this Earth.  Spring Break 2023 on that alternate Earth would be.....AWESOME!
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Send in some crisis councilors to tell them to go home. Ez Pz
View Quote

They ARE home lol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are probably from one,yes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ironic, isn't it?

Meanwhile spring break in California be like:
https://media4.manhattan-institute.org/sites/cj/files/venice-beach-homelessness-crisis.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, California

Ironic, isn't it?

Meanwhile spring break in California be like:
https://media4.manhattan-institute.org/sites/cj/files/venice-beach-homelessness-crisis.jpg

Funny, I'm in Santa Monica right now.

That picture is spot on.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:20:12 PM EDT
[#49]
From what I gather, most of the Texas Tech crowd from around here went to Barbados this year.

Florida and Mexico became uncool more than a decade ago.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just look at all the people not heeding the NAACP's advice not to go to Florida.  https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/03/23/naacp-florida-chapters-recommend-travel-advisory-amid-desantis-policies/
View Quote

LOL

Fuck the NAACP.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top