BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can turn off GPS and location sharing, but you can bet that eachtime your hone contacts a Bluetooth device, or a WiFi signal, Google and Apple know exactly where you are, within a few feet.
View Quote

My flip phone has no apps.Does it track them too?

@Leisure_Shoot
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@Leisure_Shoot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can turn off GPS and location sharing, but you can bet that eachtime your hone contacts a Bluetooth device, or a WiFi signal, Google and Apple know exactly where you are, within a few feet.

@Leisure_Shoot
is it pinging a cell tower? then you are being tracked

can you actually turn anything off anymore, even if you take out the battery how much power is stored in the caps in the circuits

i'm not ready to give up my smartphone yet but...
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]

And meanwhile, wHitler is up north at her lake home.

@RDak  ^^^  

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In case you still don't believe it you can turn it off.  I know I will be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The "free state" of Alabama and our grandma Kay(ren) will apparently be participating in this endeavor.  

"But Apple and Google say the system does not collect location data from your device, and does not share identities of other users to each other."  

You can believe that if you want.

In case you still don't believe it you can turn it off.  I know I will be.

Do you really think that's enough?? It isn't.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:02:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYs43BMUwAg1bch?format=png&name=small

@RDak  ^^^  

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Ray Charles saw this coming:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/22/contact-tracing-apple-google-coronavirus/

North Dakota and South Dakota’s contact tracing application violated its own privacy policy after it shared user data to a third company, an analysis published Thursday showed.

Both states relied on North Dakota app maker ProudCrowd to make Care19 free of charge to anyone with an Apple or Google Android, The Washington Post reported. The report was based on an analysis from privacy software maker Jumbo, which found that the app maker shared data to FourSquare, a location-data provider for marketers.

“Should this have been vetted? Yes. We are following up on that as we speak,” Vern Dosch, North Dakota’s contact-tracing officer, told WaPo. “We know that people are very sensitive.”

Neither Apple nor the South Dakota Health Department have responded to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment. Apple told WaPo that it’s investigating the review.

ProudCrowd confirmed to WaPo that the app shared some non-commercial use data with FourSquare. The Google Android version of Care19 obscures the data it shares to FourSquare, ProudCrowd said.

Foursquare does “not use the data in any way and it is promptly discarded,” spokeswoman Jennifer Yu told WaPo. “Essentially, any data we might receive is immediately discarded.”

Care19 reminded people where they’ve been so they can retrace their steps and determine if they’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive for coronavirus, which originated in Wuhan, China, before spreading to the United States, where it has reportedly killed nearly 100,000 people.

If users test COVID-19 positive, then they can use the app to share data with the state’s Department of Health. The app is voluntary.

Care19 uses a Foursquare service called Pilgrim SDK to convert location data as latitude and longitude into the names of recognizable places, according to the app’s maker, Tim Brookins of ProudCrowd.

“The Care19 application user interface clearly calls out the usage of Foursquare on our ‘Nearby Places’ screen, per the terms of our Foursquare agreement,” Brookins told WaPo. “We will be working with our state partners to be more explicit in our privacy policy.”

Lawmakers worry big tech companies are not doing enough to protect privacy data as they work to deploy contact tracing technology.

“If it doesn’t have a strong privacy framework, it will undermine consumer confidence,” Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington told WaPo.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And yet another court ruled that Manke can keep cutting hair because ag nessel the lesbian didn't show he was harming the community.
View Quote

If you're going to elect a communist totalitarian bitch for Attorney General, best to make it an incompetent communist bitch.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Link to Fox2Detroit story?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
She’s going full-on Chancellor Sutler, isn’t she?
View Quote

I was thinking more the Witch-Queen of Angmar
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Setting the .gov overreach aside, the tech giants may not like the anti-tech backlash that will follow.  Legislation like this will directly impact them financially when people decide they can survive with their phones turned off.  I managed to make it through my teens and mid-20's without a cell phone, I think I can manage some errand runs or going out to dinner without it.
View Quote

I foresee a sudden surge in sales of flip phones and TomToms.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#14]
She needs to create a new state agency to trace covid-19 patients.

Of course, they'll need a proper uniform.  Nothing elaborate.  Maybe they should just wear matching shirts.  Might I suggest ...... brown.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Kinda figured that about the appeals court judge, bought and paid for like a pack of smokes typical hip-pocket judge. For this reason I really don't have much hope for the judiciary in this state

Rumor has it the queens daughter had a graduation party hence her mother opening up the north

This witch is proof positive we need a law allowing people to sue public officials privately

That business about justice coming from a box...seems like we've already used up the first two options
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#16]
So what will the .gov people tracking software be called when corona is no longer relevant?

The time is now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#17]
That fucking cunt is insane.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

North Dakota and South Dakota’s contact tracing application violated its own privacy policy after it shared user data to a third company, an analysis published Thursday showed.

Both states relied on North Dakota app maker ProudCrowd to make Care19 free of charge to anyone with an Apple or Google Android, The Washington Post reported. The report was based on an analysis from privacy software maker Jumbo, which found that the app maker shared data to FourSquare, a location-data provider for marketers.

“Should this have been vetted? Yes. We are following up on that as we speak,” Vern Dosch, North Dakota’s contact-tracing officer, told WaPo. “We know that people are very sensitive.”

Neither Apple nor the South Dakota Health Department have responded to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment. Apple told WaPo that it’s investigating the review.

ProudCrowd confirmed to WaPo that the app shared some non-commercial use data with FourSquare. The Google Android version of Care19 obscures the data it shares to FourSquare, ProudCrowd said.

Foursquare does “not use the data in any way and it is promptly discarded,” spokeswoman Jennifer Yu told WaPo. “Essentially, any data we might receive is immediately discarded.”

Care19 reminded people where they’ve been so they can retrace their steps and determine if they’ve been in contact with someone who tested positive for coronavirus, which originated in Wuhan, China, before spreading to the United States, where it has reportedly killed nearly 100,000 people.

If users test COVID-19 positive, then they can use the app to share data with the state’s Department of Health. The app is voluntary.

Care19 uses a Foursquare service called Pilgrim SDK to convert location data as latitude and longitude into the names of recognizable places, according to the app’s maker, Tim Brookins of ProudCrowd.

“The Care19 application user interface clearly calls out the usage of Foursquare on our ‘Nearby Places’ screen, per the terms of our Foursquare agreement,” Brookins told WaPo. “We will be working with our state partners to be more explicit in our privacy policy.”

Lawmakers worry big tech companies are not doing enough to protect privacy data as they work to deploy contact tracing technology.

“If it doesn’t have a strong privacy framework, it will undermine consumer confidence,” Democratic Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington told WaPo.

View Quote

And "the hits just keep on coming!!".
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kinda figured that about the appeals court judge, bought and paid for like a pack of smokes typical hip-pocket judge. For this reason I really don't have much hope for the judiciary in this state

Rumor has it the queens daughter had a graduation party hence her mother opening up the north

This witch is proof positive we need a law allowing people to sue public officials privately

That business about justice coming from a box...seems like we've already used up the first two options
View Quote

What did she extend it to this time.......mid June?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer extends stay home order to June 12

This is the fifth time she's extended her Stay Home, Stay Safe order.

Gov. Whitmer also extended the State of Emergency for the entire state until June 19.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks........what a fucking jackass piece of shit.

Destroying our economy and done so by design for political purposes.

Appeals and/or Michigan Sup.Ct. have to overturn that case the rabidly democrat Claims Ct. judge decided.

She will never stop the shutdowns until at least November, 2020 and will go on longer if Biden loses.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#22]
1984 was supposed to be a warning, not a game plan. I realize I'm super rare/odd. I rarely carry a cell phone on me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
1984 was supposed to be a warning, not a game plan.
View Quote

Exactly.  That's why I started calling the Wuhan virus Covid-1984.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
She truly is a power hungry cunt, isn't she?
View Quote

Yep, as long as she has MEN with guns to back the tyranny. Of course they will, dental plan and all...
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
1984 was supposed to be a warning, not a game plan. I realize I'm super rare/odd. I rarely carry a cell phone on me.
View Quote

That's what happens when a state votes in a bunch of Karens to run its Executive Branch.

A lesson for all to learn in the future.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#27]

“Essentially, any data we might receive is immediately discarded.”

Jesus Christ, how could anyone still believe bullshit like that!!??

Whitmer has already been caught letting a company related to the DNC compile data, etc., about a month or so ago.  But we are to believe that bullshit.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Whitmer has already been caught letting a company related to the DNC compile data, etc., about a month or so ago.  But we are to believe that bullshit.

View Quote

LOL, that's like after 9/11 when AG Ashcroft admitted "we're not supposed to keep NICS data.... but amazingly enough, we did!"
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LOL, that's like after 9/11 when AG Ashcroft admitted "we're not supposed to keep NICS data.... but amazingly enough, we did!"
View Quote

How could anyone have really believed that NICS data would be deleted for god's sake!!??
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Think about how stupid that bolded sentence is.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's completely trustworthy when the representative for a data mining company puts unnecessary weasel words in their statement.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The News has been going leftward too. Of course I'd guess seeing as how they both share the revenue in the deal they made years ago that they'll both probably go down the tubes as google keeps grabbing all the ad revenue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even the Detroit News has turned against her in denouncing her attempt to increase the death count.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opinion/editorials/2020/05/20/editorial-whitmer-order-endangers-nursing-homes-end-now/5220929002/

Let me know when the Detroit Free Press does that........they are the liberal rag in Michigan.

The News has been going leftward too. Of course I'd guess seeing as how they both share the revenue in the deal they made years ago that they'll both probably go down the tubes as google keeps grabbing all the ad revenue.

Good point.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep in mind that Chavez took Venezuela by corrupting the judiciary against the legislature.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You know, you CAN leave your home without your phone...  Just sayin'...
View Quote

Most people are addicted to the things and are too stupid to realize the difference between a want and a need- very few people actually need their phone with them all of the time, they just want the convenience and will go through all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://www.redstate.com/bradslager/2020/05/22/now-in-michigan-gretchen-whitmer-want-to-institute-phone-tracing-of-citizens-in-the-name-of-covid-protection/

What can possibly go wrong ?
It is fair to say that some of the sparkle on Michigan Governess Gretchen Whitmer has worn off. Once the favorite daughter of the national media the hyenas in the press corps seem to have softened some of their adoration for the Lady of Lansing. Once a regular guest on the talk circuit and a headline maven for being combative with President Trump her policies within her state have angered the voting base. Her popularity just might be waning.

And it looks to continue. After inspiring protests with her obsessive power grabs it was discovered that Michigan was instituting a policy, like New York, of placing elderly patients testing positive for coronavirus back into nursing homes. Now to add to her record of overbearing governance we learn her state is ramping up a new program to track exposed individuals through their cell phones.

View Quote

She can trace my dick, and you can quote me.  Same goes for her fucking AG and Secretary of State.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#40]
This is why matriarchal societies have never passed the Stone Age. And are screaming hellscapes.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The "free state" of Alabama and our grandma Kay(ren) will apparently be participating in this endeavor.  

"But Apple and Google say the system does not collect location data from your device, and does not share identities of other users to each other."  

You can believe that if you want.
View Quote

Sensorvault, look into it. Google even provides "geofence" search warrant results based on date and location, say everyone around Boston on 5/20/2020.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Google-gives-ATF-1-500-phone-locations-in-unprecedented--geofence--search/5-2279257/
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How big of a drone do you need to carry a cell phone?

Would be fun to give them all sorts of bizarre data to sort out...
View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:39:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Rumors are floating around that she will continue the bulk of the lockdown well into June (and most likely try to go beyond June).

The first court case went for Karen's emergency declarations being lawful forever even though the rabidly left wing judge admitted she violated one of the two statutes requiring legislative approval first.

Next will be the Appeals Court.

Here is the judge who ruled for Governor Karen....

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/712fc8f7e4387586e6b45c9b42557b1aa483972d/c=0-60-2969-2293/local/-/media/2018/04/26/DetroitNews/B99654236Z.1_20180426174158_000_G9R1VKGBS.1-0.jpg?width=534&height=401&fit=crop

Michigan voters have relinquished all power to Karens...........we are reaping what we have sowed.

This is what rules our state and one is a Federal senator.........

We have become the worst state in America in just one election.

Everyone of them is a god damned left wing white suburban woman who might think they know what having it hard in life is but in reality have no fucking idea what that is because they were pampered all their fucking lives.
View Quote

Isaiah 3:12
As for My people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths.”

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYs43BMUwAg1bch?format=png&name=small

@RDak  ^^^  

View Quote

is this real?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Isaiah 3:12
As for My people, children are their oppressors, And women rule over them. O My people! Those who lead you cause you to err, And destroy the way of your paths.”

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I keep both location and BT turned off on my phone all the time.  Still, I believe they get whatever data they want from your phone at any time.
View Quote

If your phone is on the cell phone towers know where you are at.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top