User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:25:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Man I miss that. Simpler times
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Remember when companies used to encourage kids to read instead of cutting off their dicks?

Pizza Hut remembers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
We had a bowling alley with a killer arcade right next to the pizza hut and just across the road from the cheap local movie theater. Made for a lot of awesome Saturdays as an elementary school kid.

Now the theater is closed, the bowling alley is an auto parts store, and the pizza hut is a methadone clinic. A solid metaphor for America really.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Pizza huts around here were still good in the early 2000s. Ironically, I was enrolled at Ole Miss in 2001. Sitting in an English class in September, another professor bust in and whispers to ours, classes were all dismissed. I met up with guy I commuted with and we headed to pizza hut at like 10.30 in the morning. We were eating the buffet when the manager swapped all the tvs to cnn. Thats how I learned about the WTC.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I can eat Taco Bell at every meal, but the last time I ate Pizza Hut, I just about took off from the toilet like I was wearing a jetpack.

I’d love to go back, but it ain’t worth it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut sit down restaurants were a good time. I don’t even know if any still exist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Pizza Hut sit down restaurants were a good time. I don’t even know if any still exist.

Yes, they still exist. E.TN has a few.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pizza Hut sit down restaurants were a good time. I don't even know if any still exist.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/63262/Fk-UEfqWAAEOTdA_jpg-2779364.JPG

That looks like the old Pizza Hut in Red Bank, TN. It just closed this past year.

The Pizza Hut closest to me still makes the best chain store pizza in town. It has had the same manager for nearly twenty years and he does an excellent job at mantaining the quality. Still not as good as it used to be but at least it's still decent.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut sit down restaurants were a good time. I don't even know if any still exist.
View Quote

There's one in a nearby town, but the quality and service is nothing like it was in the 80s.  I remember going with my grandparents as a kid, and my grandpa had this habit of shaking a few grains of salt into his hand and dropping them into his beer.  He'd always get Michelob back then.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Went downhill about the same time they switched away from Pepsi.
View Quote

They still serve Pepsi products.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:33:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I worked at Pizza Hut from 1983 to 1985, basically 16 to 18 years old.  Started out as a dishwasher, got moved to the cutting/boxing station, next was a cook, then made the big bucks as a server!  Had a lot of fun and brought home lots of pizzas.  I still remember how we had to answer the phone; “ Thank you for calling Pizza Hut, home of the five-minute personal pan pizza, my name is _____, how may I help you?”  The polyester uniform was terrible!

They went downhill fast with the introduction of stuffed crust.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Ah yes. The last sit down Pizza Hut I went to was in 29 Palms years ago. Kinda slim pickings around there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#11]
1980s Pizza Hut Commercials | Retro Restaurant Ads

1995 - Pizza Hut - Entitled to Half (with Donald Trump) Commercial
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was talking to a friend that worked at Pizza Hut in the 80's and had no idea they used to hand make the dough from scratch in the morning.

It was only until later it started coming pre-made in bags.

Like a part of me wonders how much I think food tasted better because of childhood nostalgia, but really do think it was tastier.

Similar to McDonald's French Fries. They always tasted better as a child and it was only later I found out they used a different type of fat.

View Quote

I started working at a Pizza Hut in '96. My first week, they made dough by hand. Then, the commissary dough came out. Frozen pucks of dough that you drenched in oil so it would fry in the pan. Our store was jammed every Saturday night until that commissary dough came out. The place was a ghost town within two years. The commissary dough still gives me a day worth of shits.

Oddly enough, the company I work for now built the freezers that freeze that shitty dough. Kinda full circle.

And Casey's still mixes their dough daily. And it's still superior. I had some tonight actually, and I fucked the delivery girl. True story.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/63262/Fk-UEfqWAAEOTdA_jpg-2779364.JPG

Without the pizza, it looks like Carmen Sandiego's HQ.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#14]
This is supposed to be a map of all the pizza huts in the U.S. Until this thread I didn't even know there were ones you couldn't dine in at, so maybe most of those are delivery only?

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#15]
It used to be so much better...

Same with KFC and I believe they are both owned by the same parent company....   Yum Cooperation.

Oh well....

It makes the choice of eating healthier a little easier.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#16]
It’s beautiful
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I worked at Pizza Hut from 1983 to 1985, basically 16 to 18 years old.  Started out as a dishwasher, got moved to the cutting/boxing station, next was a cook, then made the big bucks as a server!  Had a lot of fun and brought home lots of pizzas.  I still remember how we had to answer the phone; " Thank you for calling Pizza Hut, home of the five-minute personal pan pizza, my name is _____, how may I help you?"  The polyester uniform was terrible!

They went downhill fast with the introduction of stuffed crust.  
View Quote

I remember those commercials after the Tyson-McNeely fight where Mike Tyson knocked him out in the first round.  My friends and I had pooled our money to watch the fight on pay per view, and it lasted only seconds, lol!   Anyway a few weeks later they came out with Pizza Hut commercials for stuffed crust where McNeely goes to take a bite and bumps his chin on the stuffed crust and goes down.

McNeely Can't Take the Slice

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It used to be so much better...

Same with KFC and I believe they are both owned by the same parent company....   Yum Cooperation.

Oh well....

It makes the choice of eating healthier a little easier.
View Quote

Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC all sold to Tricon Global in '97. That's when Pizza Hut started using Taco Bell lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.

I'm not sure when Yum took over.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:47:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I read a bunch of books when I was kid thanks to Book-it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:48:36 AM EDT
[#20]
This thread makes me sad and angry.
Sad for what was lost and angry for what was taken from us.

I want to go back.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Pizza Hut was a treat as a kid and a sit down occasion.  Godfathers was on a whole other level though.  I remember going when my dad pinned on Major for his celebratory dinner.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can be at two within a half hour.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
There were 2 decent ones in my town but COVID put the nail in that coffin
View Quote

Same here with 1.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I remember those commercials after the Tyson-McNeely fight where Mike Tyson knocked him out in the first round.  My friends and I had pooled our money to watch the fight on pay per view, and it lasted only seconds, lol!   Anyway a few weeks later they came out with Pizza Hut commercials for stuffed crust where McNeely goes to take a bite and bumps his chin on the stuffed crust and goes down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpOHiYaJ7Q8

View Quote

That was embarrassing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#25]
No cavatini on that menu. It's incomplete.

Local Pizza Hut is still sit down.  I think they have pizza buffet on Wednesdays.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#26]
There are still a bunch of dine-in Pizza Huts in Northern VA. Some of them are actually well-run, clean, and still have good service.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 12:56:42 AM EDT
[#27]
We still have a few around.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Where's the pineapple on the menu for create your own?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the trash where it belongs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Pizza Hut was NASTY

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:10:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:11:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pizza Hut after little league baseball during the summer was about as peak 80's as it gets.
View Quote

Pizza Hut commercial (TMNT 1990 VHS) Right Field
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Brought a tear to my eye.
/brofist
View Quote

Me too! Great memories for the (stained glass lights over the table) atmosphere and pizza too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I started working at a Pizza Hut in '96. My first week, they made dough by hand. Then, the commissary dough came out. Frozen pucks of dough that you drenched in oil so it would fry in the pan. Our store was jammed every Saturday night until that commissary dough came out. The place was a ghost town within two years. The commissary dough still gives me a day worth of shits.

Oddly enough, the company I work for now built the freezers that freeze that shitty dough. Kinda full circle.

And Casey's still mixes their dough daily. And it's still superior. I had some tonight actually, and I fucked the delivery girl. True story.
View Quote

Casey's pizza is far better than gas station pizza has any right to be.

I wouldn't know how good the delivery girls are.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:24:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent troll '21er
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#37]
I worked at Pizza Hut during Christmas breaks and summers for a few years in the late 80's.  I was one of the their three best cooks.  Usually, the three of had to work every Friday and Saturday night.  We jammed in the kitchen and had a lot of laughs!  It helped to pay the bills.  The building is not a specialty used car dealership.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:26:14 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pizza Hut after little league baseball during the summer was about as peak 80's as it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEG7v4IIULE

Goldberg is the catcher!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Cheap prices, usually had great coin-up games like Ironman Ivan Stewart Super Off Road you could play with friends, pizza was actually decent tasting, etc..

(if it's too hard to read, right click on the image and "open image in new tab.")

https://i.redd.it/kl1pnhur9dta1.jpg
View Quote

I don't remember shrimp being a topping choice. Interesting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:28:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I read a bunch of books when I was kid thanks to Book-it.
View Quote

Book-it was the only reason I ever got to go to Pizza Hut.  My parents just went to a local place on the rare occasion we got pizza.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:32:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yep they used to be pretty good.  I liked the Priazza pizza they had.  Basically a deep dish stuffed pizza.  Lots of sauce.  

Last I checked they were all over Oregon. Not as good as they used to be but not horrible.
View Quote

I clicked hoping to find the Priazzo option of 1985 in all its glory. I am disappointed. OP should feel shame.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:38:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:45:06 AM EDT
[#43]
And a mighty fine pizza it was!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:47:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Yep. Pizza Hut was the bomb back then.  Also, Taco Tico and KFC.

Honorable mention for Mr. Gatti's.

While their names are still used, they are no where near as good as they once were.  
Killed by corporate madness!  
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:49:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I clicked hoping to find the Priazzo option of 1985 in all its glory. I am disappointed. OP should feel shame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep they used to be pretty good.  I liked the Priazza pizza they had.  Basically a deep dish stuffed pizza.  Lots of sauce.  

Last I checked they were all over Oregon. Not as good as they used to be but not horrible.

Attachment Attached File

1986 Pizza Hut "Priazzo Roma Italian Pie" TV Commercial
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#46]
You know, I don't remember every seeing anyone order a pizza with anchovies. I wonder if they're still on the menu
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 1:58:09 AM EDT
[#47]
They took my pizza hut but they can never take those 1980s memories

Red cups, arcade games, book it club, yummy pizza, toys......
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You know, I don't remember every seeing anyone order a pizza with anchovies. I wonder if they're still on the menu
View Quote

I like anchovies on my pizzas.  Unfortunately many places no longer offer them.  ??

I get them in cans from the grocery store to put on, but its not the same as them being cooked with the pizza.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:24:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Back when I was a kid they made the priazzo.

Deep dish pizza with a lid and it was so good!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 2:28:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man, this x1000.......

(wipes tear from eye)
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top