Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The “trigger” safety on all Glock and Glock copies.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The metallic cartridge.

I was doing just fine pouring that shit down the muzzle.

View Quote

Smokeless powder is a passing fad.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#3]
The 10mm.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Striker fired plastic
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Here we have a revolver that was one of the best revolvers of it's era.

Then some clown or clowns decided it needed to be a semi-auto revolver.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Magazine disconnects
View Quote

Came to post this.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Bump Fire Stocks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Glock. You can't get them through metal detectors.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hold it, where do I get a free hat!

BCM & Larue come to mind

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

Yep.  I never got a free hat from either...  
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gun locks that come with a new gun.
View Quote

I'll go with this one.

I saved them for a bit, in hopes I would find some other use for an ~8" long cable lock, but even that eluded me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

...but ceramic?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Forward assist on an AR
View Quote

That is definitely wrong.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#13]

what do I win?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

...but ceramic?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...but ceramic?

He obviously can't afford the Glock 7. Must be the Chief of an airport PD.

Don't rub it in
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Rear grip safety, forward assist, trigger safety or any safety on drop safe gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Most over-rated feature is a magazine cut-off. How many times have you really needed to single load while keeping your magazine in reserve?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well you turned it into one by not accepting that you were wrong.
Had you wanted to information share, you would have found out that it's not so simple and that there's more to it than your way or the highway of doing things.
I think any person not accepting any answer and keeps doing so is the one being argumentative
View Quote

Surely you'll fail to recognize the irony in these statements. Do you find it tiresome being the only person who is always correct?

Have you ever had inane arguments with yourself in the mirror by accident? If so, who won?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#18]
DI guns are vastly overrated.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Most over-rated feature is a magazine cut-off. How many times have you really needed to single load while keeping your magazine in reserve?
View Quote

Colonial troops firing long distance volleys on order of an officer so he knew how many round remaining every soldier had.

Also, magazine safeties are not good for the civlian conscious owner, but are a great risk.mitigation for large armies, expecially conscript, or even Police departments.

I would Say over rated features are complex iron sights and unneeded modularity, like why having a 12 position stock when you use Just One or an Empty full rail system
Again, good for armies, not Always needes for single civilians owners.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#20]
"The thing on the stock that goes up."
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Ambi controls

Do it the RIGHT way
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#22]

That is the only thing the trigger safety on the Glock prevents.
It stops the mass of the trigger mechanism from being sufficient to override all the other safeties and fire the gun if dropped.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Magazine disconnects
View Quote

^^ We have a winner^^
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You should relax yourself first before giving it because you're acting a bit upset.

Your false narrative is still false. A standard CH does not work every bit just as good derp for a lefty as it does for a righty that it was designed for. Accept it that we're never going to agree on this and move on please.

View Quote

you sure get your panties in a wad over a fucking CH.

You live in a RIGHT HANDED WORLD

Adapt or get run over!!

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:46:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Extended magazine release on anything but a range toy.

You’ll need the 15 in the gun to stay put far more than a quick reload.
View Quote

Got damn this. CCWs should have heel releases or really stiff buttons.  you want that mag to stay there. Most people don’t even carry a reload.  

Rock and lock mags are superior for similar reason. Lock that sucker in and you know it’s not gonna anywhere easily (and avoids failure to insert)
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Adapt or get run over!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should relax yourself first before giving it because you're acting a bit upset.

Your false narrative is still false. A standard CH does not work every bit just as good derp for a lefty as it does for a righty that it was designed for. Accept it that we're never going to agree on this and move on please.

Adapt or get run over!!

As a person who shoots left handed, I never found a problem with a stock charging handle.  I keep my left hand on the grip and use my right hand to operate the charging handle. What exactly is the fight/argument?  

If you are left handed and right hand amputee I guess it would be tougher.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Got damn this. CCWs should have heel releases or really stiff buttons.  you want that mag to stay there. Most people don’t even carry a reload.  

Rock and lock mags are superior for similar reason. Lock that sucker in and you know it’s not gonna anywhere easily (and avoids failure to insert)
View Quote

That's so much fail in such a short post...
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

^^ We have a winner^^
View Quote

I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't hate these. Not sure they can be considered "overrated."
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sub-Micro-Compact Carry Guns like the Glock 43 / Sig 365 / SA Hellcat.

If you cannot conceal a Glock 26 then you're doing something wrong, and need to start dressing the part.  NOBODY wants to see you in a speedo.

I giggle every time I read a thread about how much better a slimline carries than a "relic" like a Glock 26 or "GIANT" gun like a HK P30SK.  You all need to stop.  You're either showing your youthfully blissful ignorance or laziness.  1/4" of an inch of width and 3 ounces?  Really?  That makes the world rotate for you?  Maybe a vat of pepper spray would fit in your purse better

https://i.ibb.co/W5XfVYH/1.gif
View Quote

Some of us don’t want to dress like an INCEL nor wear a shoot-me-first vest.  

Also why conceal a 26 when a 43x has the same capacity but offers a normal firing grip, or a 19 which isn’t really that much longer but holds 5 more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quick change barrels on civilian guns
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How do you feel about ambidextrous safeties on a 1911?

Disclaimer: I'm a lefty.
View Quote

I shoot pistols right handed, but on a 1911 am not a fan of ambidextrous safeties.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Hitlery locks on the S&W
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ambidextrous controls.
View Quote

Us left-handed people appreciate them, and you never know when your right hand may end up with an issue…

Grip Zone - lol, to be “over-rated” implies that people rate it highly - who TF rates it highly?  Other than the comedic value, of course.

Grip zone.
Grip.  Zone.
Griiiiiip zoooooneeeee…
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Adapt or get run over!!

View Quote

You're using the internet equivalent of yelling yet you accuse me of getting my panties in wad? You are projecting, calm down.

I already adapted, I tossed it in the trash then replaced with a Raptor SL and am now running your BS over

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There is a lot of conventional wisdom that is BS.
I do think however, that there is a reason most PH's in Africa won't take you dangerous game hunting in Africa with a push feed rifle.
Plains game, fine, I have a push feed 30-06 that the PH I hunt with lives when I bring. The Dangerous stuff requires a controlled feed rifle though.

Controlled feed has its drawbacks though, in order to have a round in the chamber and a full magazine on my DG rifle, I have to pop the floor plate and bottom load.
View Quote
You do realize that being right is also a big deal for you as well, you refuse to give up when repelled each time. You seem to have a value on $20 of parts that I don't and this bothers you inexplicably.
You pointed out your own ignorance on said subject, my logic was and still is sound. You superimposed yourself into me, that is not experience that trumps my own, that is you trying to trump my own experience using yourself as an example without opening your eyes that this isn't black or white. What I can't have is your way or the highway of thinking. I am not trying to bend anyone's will, you are trying to bend my will to yours. Do I want to you to do things my way? No, I do not. But you seem keen on getting me to change POV's to yours without understanding the whole story. Your own ego is the issue for you keep pressing the issue while I have none and will continue to defend my position when another ego is attacking me. I can handle disagreements, what I can't handle is people like you who cannot handle anyone that is not liking what they like. My lists are not logical fallacies either, and you're making a mountain over a ten dollar fucking charging handle and an eight dollar MD that isn't effective for me.
You're the one who's being petty, you have no position to lecture me on anything when your own stance stinks to high heaven. And I'd have a better day if you would just grow up and agree to disagree and let me be.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

totally offtopic
@Smashy
have you ever done penetration in ballistic gel with one of those? what about precision, what is the "best possiable mechanically" vs "best possiable with good person holding"
View Quote

No. That one is .75 caliber so I figure it'll hurt enough to get the point across.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No. That one is .75 caliber so I figure it'll hurt enough to get the point across.
View Quote

On which end?  
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Dam son - that is a good point.  What is craptastic waste.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
On which end?  
View Quote

Both.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:19:47 AM EDT
[#40]
And this thread:

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ambi everything
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#43]
How can so many people not understand what overrated means?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How can so many people not understand what overrated means?
View Quote

Meh... comprehension isn't as useful as everyone says it is.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Meh... comprehension isn't as useful as everyone says it is.

View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Good list.

I was going to say pistons in weapons specifically designed for Direct Impingement. In my experience gas exiting the bolt carrier will often blow any debris off of the bolt and bolt carrier before the chamber is exposed. Adding a piston removes that benefit, and doesn't offer anything appreciable in return.

CNC, MPI, and billet vs. forged- Yes.

Spiral fluting looks cool and supposedly dissipates heat better, but adds weight that does nothing for you, so that one is user specific.

I don't know enough about carbon fiber to agree one way or the other, so I'll tentatively agree based on the wisdom of the other points.
View Quote

Difference in heat transfer of a spiral vs traditional fluting is negligible.  You need much more surface area to even make a dent.  If they want better heat dissipation, there are a million ways to vastly increase heat transfer over spiral fluting and it doesn't involve reducing the rigidity of a barrel. It's purely for looks and BS marketing ploys as many people eat that up.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#47]
5.7x28.

/Thread.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Compensators and red dots on carry guns of diminutive caliber… like that 9mm recoil is out of control or it has enough range to warrant an optic.

LOL.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Low hanging fruit in 87 different colors and reticle options unless you're older than dirt, colorblind, have cataracts, and can't see past ten feet in broad daylight which explains why you need high beams on at all hours on the road.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sub-Micro-Compact Carry Guns like the Glock 43 / Sig 365 / SA Hellcat.

If you cannot conceal a Glock 26 then you're doing something wrong, and need to start dressing the part.  NOBODY wants to see you in a speedo.

I giggle every time I read a thread about how much better a slimline carries than a "relic" like a Glock 26 or "GIANT" gun like a HK P30SK.  You all need to stop.  You're either showing your youthfully blissful ignorance or laziness.  1/4" of an inch of width and 3 ounces?  Really?  That makes the world rotate for you?  Maybe a vat of pepper spray would fit in your purse better

https://i.ibb.co/W5XfVYH/1.gif
View Quote

The P30SK is oddly heavy for a subcompact at 28.4 ounces loaded (10rd mag), while a Glock 19 (just a compact) with loaded 15rd mag is 30.3, and a loaded P365 is 22.2 ounces.
Overall length differences matter a bit more for pocket carry. Truth is, aside from people who are required to carry on duty and a handful of gun nerds who do carry compact or fullsize guns 24/7, most of the gun-carrying populace sticks something tiny in a pocket (and more should use a pocket holster) - this is why the 365/Hellcat/various clones are so insanely popular.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top